Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Read more: taintedgreen.com 10,430

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Read more
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6950 Oct 14, 2013
To the fool now calling himself "Canadian Dog Pervert"...

For some stupid reason, you choose to get right down into the gutter and play really dirty in these forums.
I guess you believe that stands for something.
Well, here is what it stands for.....
That speaks very clearly who you are and how you lead your life.
It also illustrates very clearly that intellectually, you are a hopeless failure.
I don't mind a little fun and foolish repartee, but you will note that I don't do your kind of vulgar and very personal tactics. Never ever!
That gives me the high road my friend, and puts you right down in the sewer where you apparently choose to live..
Sad.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6951 Oct 14, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To anybody that will listen
Either way, does it make any sense trying to have a reasonable discussion with one troll from Canada who obsesses about the Volt and acts like a teenager with hormonal issues?
Either way, does it make any sense trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who uses Faux ISPs to mimic those he strives to muzzle?
Responding to these clowns just gives them an excuse to post more idiocy.
Attempting to have a mature discussion where both sides of an issue can be addressed, just gives them an excuse to prolong the nonsense.
This clown doesn't play by rules of integrity and civility.
When he is not doing what he's doing here today, he uses homophobic insults and vulgarity. His track record is irrefutable.
Needless to say, If we continue to feed this clown, his stupidity will simply continue.
I advise abandoning this forum.
It's fool's folly.
I love you and I love the Volt. The battery will last 10 years. I didnít know this until I asked.
Your feeble efforts at harassment aren't very impressive.
Frankly one would expect better from a 5 year old.
Canadian Dog Pervert

United States

#6952 Oct 14, 2013
Don't try to eat my dog and we won't have any problems.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6953 Oct 14, 2013
"Pervert" defined...

tr.v. per∑vert∑ed, per∑vert∑ing, per∑verts

1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; to corrupt.
2. To bring more to a bad or worse condition; to debase others.
3. To put to a wrong or improper use; misuse.
4. To interpret incorrectly; misconstrue or distort:

Yup, the Faux ISP using fool calling himself "Canadian Pervert" certainly meets all the criteria.
glox

Western Springs, IL

#6954 Oct 14, 2013
The volt is stuck in the dealships....pull the plug already......The Prius has sold 3.9 million units to date.....the volt sold two units last quarter....We had a volt sighting last month...thats right we saw a volt going down the road.....impressive!!!!
Former Volt Owner

United States

#6955 Oct 14, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny though. He got his other persona deleted (voice of reality), so now he made up a former Volt owner to talk to.
I was laughing pretty hard even before I read your post.
I guess this is why the internet, most especially topix boards and chat rooms are called the bathroom walls of the internet. I read through the auto post list and came on this thread because I had owned a Volt and found the Volt did not interest me nor did it fit my requirements in a car. I gave honest figures of what the Volt cost me and how much I got in trade for my current Mustang GT and you would have thought I had just urinated on the bible. I am not on topix boards very often and now I understand why. I spend my time with my children and driving my five speed Mustang GT back and forth to work and I have a ball doing so. I found in the Volt that I had bought into the mileage hype and did not realize that this gain was at the complete loss of pride in ownership of a car that had great styling and power that will light up the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd without really trying. The people on here who luvtheir volts and praise them without benefit of ownership are free to make such statements as am I free to give my experience in my year plus of driving a slug that has no styling or curb appeal.
Canadian Dog Pervert

United States

#6956 Oct 14, 2013
Just don't eat my dog!
Former Volt Owner

United States

#6957 Oct 15, 2013
Root wrote:
Volt thread about good things Volt, try it sometime.
Perhaps it should also be limited to people who can offer first person results. You seem to state that this forum should be limited to people who talk good about Volts, thinking along that line should it not be limited to people who either own or have owned Volts?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6958 Oct 15, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it should also be limited to people who can offer first person results. You seem to state that this forum should be limited to people who talk good about Volts, thinking along that line should it not be limited to people who either own or have owned Volts?
Such a pleasant time.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6959 Oct 15, 2013
To "Former Volt Owner"

Note the unique response from Root.
He uses the video reference to "Mayberry" to mock your expressed experiences with Volt.
It's his way to intimidate--inference that the poster is faking his ID and/or ISP and it's just someone who's previously been here.
Root likes to think he makes the rules here, ie, who can post, what folks are allowed to say, etc. Bit of an ego there--superiority complex perhaps?
If a poster pushes back, or challenges him in any way, Root will go to the next step, ie, begin using Faux ISPs and other usernames, posting vulgar and offensive personal insults (Examples: calling you "gay", a "dog eater", ethnic insults, mimicking your post but changing the wording, etc--you've probably seen it before)
Root is only one of his many usernames--he has many, but Root is the one he uses to present himself as the big kahoona here.
In one of his many roles, Root is also a Topix Administrator. This is a voluntary position with Topix, and it allows him some limited privileges, such as being able to have posts removed--normally used for violations of Topix rules of conduct, but Root often has posts removed which are not to his liking (clearly an abuse of privilege).
Root claims innocence in all of these shenanegans, but we now have solid proof of his misdeeds.
He has often claimed to be expert in using a computer, and as such, believes he's
immune from being tracked in his underhanded and subversive tactics.
But in spite of his claim to superior technical expertise, he's made a mistake or two along the way.
Root has overlooked that everyone who uses a computer leaves a footprint out there in cyberland.
Simply by opening a link attached to a post here, one can become vulnerable very quickly.
This is how Root has been "busted", and his footprint is all over those ugly and offensive Pseudo ISPs he uses.
So my advice to you is to be very careful in dealing with this character.
He is one sly and slippery individual, and will use every means in his bag of dirty tricks to intimidate you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6960 Oct 15, 2013
Lol
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6961 Oct 15, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Lithium Ion battery technology isn't foolproof by any means.
Today's EV batteries are without any doubt, the achilles heel for EV vehicles.
That weakness will be eliminated when Fuel Cell powered vehicles come on line.
Those interested in "green" vehicles would be wise to wait for that next gen technology.
By 2015, today's technology will be obsolete.
Even the Grandstander knows that.
So does JJFADS and all his pseudo posters.
Of course I know that. In the mean time, I am not using gas and I am saving $1200 a year.

Here is the future of l.i.:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20...

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/510311/b...

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/thinking-tech...

This is all l.i. technology. It is the future. The near future. Anybody who thinks that today's technology will be around in 10 years is a fool.

You take me for a fool. I am not a fool. I know more about this technology than most because I am always studying.

Unlike you, however, I don't bash. That's all you do. You are always looking for something negative.

As I said ... in the mean time, I am not using gas and you are.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6962 Oct 15, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Question...
If Lithium Ion batteries (such as used by Volt) are so great, then why do they require sophisticated cooling systems and robust steel protection to keep them from catching fire when damaged?
Did you know that electric cars are 90% efficient at their worst and gas cars are 20% efficient at their best?

Did you know that gas cars have cooling systems? Did you know that there were 235,000 gas car fires last year?

Seriously ... you are being very negative.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6963 Oct 15, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
A classic example of what is commonly known as "Fuzzy Math"!!
Or less commonly known as "Fudged Figures".
Calling others "Haters" is a pretty feeble excuse for such "Creative Accounting".
The MSRP for the 2014 is under $35,000. That is fuzzy math? The CA credits add up to $10,500. That means the final price is $2,000 less than the links msrp.

There is no fuzzy math. It's just that your hatred won't allow you to process those figures.

You're a hater. Why is it that the worst haters come from Canada?

I don't hate Canadian cars. I think they're great.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6964 Oct 15, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess this is why the internet, most especially topix boards and chat rooms are called the bathroom walls of the internet. I read through the auto post list and came on this thread because I had owned a Volt and found the Volt did not interest me nor did it fit my requirements in a car. I gave honest figures of what the Volt cost me and how much I got in trade for my current Mustang GT and you would have thought I had just urinated on the bible. I am not on topix boards very often and now I understand why. I spend my time with my children and driving my five speed Mustang GT back and forth to work and I have a ball doing so. I found in the Volt that I had bought into the mileage hype and did not realize that this gain was at the complete loss of pride in ownership of a car that had great styling and power that will light up the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd without really trying. The people on here who luvtheir volts and praise them without benefit of ownership are free to make such statements as am I free to give my experience in my year plus of driving a slug that has no styling or curb appeal.
Give this persona up, Dolt. You are so transparent with this one. Even your buddies cringe.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6965 Oct 15, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Such a pleasant time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A3CaJ6sO9LIXX
Could not stop laughing. This is his most pathetic persona. First of all, he knows absolutely nothing about the Volt. When he tries to pass himself as a "former" Volt owner, he shames himself.

I love your come back.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6966 Oct 15, 2013
Root wrote:
Lol
Haters from Canada. I liked his other Canadian persona better.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6967 Oct 15, 2013
A Volt owner's 60 mile range on charge up ... pt. 1

pt. 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6968 Oct 15, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you prefer a one bedroom or two bedroom igloo?
We have a few with an iceberg view you might like.
Almost forgot--in order to emigate to Canada, you'll have to pass a couple of tests.
Integrity and intelligence.
Better think in terms of remedial counselling before you apply.
Right now, you're not looking too good in those categories.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6969 Oct 15, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
"Pervert" defined...
tr.v. per∑vert∑ed, per∑vert∑ing, per∑verts
1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; to corrupt.
2. To bring more to a bad or worse condition; to debase others.
3. To put to a wrong or improper use; misuse.
4. To interpret incorrectly; misconstrue or distort:
Yup, the Faux ISP using fool calling himself "Canadian Pervert" certainly meets all the criteria.
I am waiting for links proving your claim that l.i. battery's for electric cars will fail in 4 to 5 years.

I think it's going to be a long wait.

And, if you would have read the link to the battery expert, you would know why a coolant system for the l.i. batteries is the best way to go. Just like the coolant system for your gas car. If you didn't have a coolant system for your gas car, you would only be able to drive a few miles.

Same for electric cars.

I guess you weren't around when I provided links for Nissan Leaf owners that were suing Nissan because they were abusing their own batteries.

Per their manuals, they were not supposed to charge their car until the battery cooled down. Not so the Volt.

They were not supposed to quick charge more than twice per day ... and even then, they were supposed to wait until the battery was cool ... not so the Volt.

Their batteries were literally failing in hot weather .. that is why they have a Nissan Leaf lemon law in Arizona .... not so the Volt.

If you payed any attention to what people in the real world know .. you wouldn't be asking such sophomoric questions.

I take that back ... you weren't really asking a question ... were you? You were slamming an American car that you hate.

Once again ... your gas car produces so much heat that 80% of your fuel cost goes to reducing it. Only 10% of my fuel cost goes towards heat management. So, is that not good enough for you?

As I stated, I don't hate Canadian cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toyota recalls even MORE Junk-1.3 million ORIENTAL (Jan '09) 1 hr Leagle Beagle 358
Nasty Canadian Jap Car News Apr 16 Nasty Canadian 15
News All Honda Accord Hybrid production moving to Japan Apr 15 cpaELVIS 4
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) Apr 15 Nasty Canadian 315
2006 Chevrolet Impala Battery Drain Apr 14 dalilaa 3
News Ask Us All Your Deep Burning Questions About Th... Apr 14 Licensed Fartmaster 2
News 'Free-range' parents under fire again Apr 14 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web