Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6848 Oct 11, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the Volt hater?
You ... Dolt .... we know you are all of them. Sheeeeesh. And you still do the childish judging. As if anyone cares.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6849 Oct 11, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Amazing what Root can do with his IPhone!!
All those pseudonyms!
You should talk. You went off the deep end with your comments as Voice Of Reality and got them all deleted.

Try sending me some more of your Volt "facts" so I can shoot you down.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6850 Oct 11, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
I made the very bad mistake of buying a Chevy Volt, in the latter part of 2011 I bought into the gas mileage hype and bought the Volt. In my little over a year owning the Volt, I was into it for about $43,000 with $41,000 of it being the price tag and another two for the fact that the Volt was a low production car and hard to find. The results of my 14 months of ownership was an average of 35 miles to a full charge and the IC engine getting about 29MPG when I had to use that. Since my trip to work is 43 miles one way and with no recharging station at my place of work I still needed about two gallons of gas to make my daily trip for a whopping savings of about $3.25 when compared to my 2007 Toyota. Well 14 months into ownership of this dog I decided to trade it in on one of the new Mustangs and I proudly went to the Ford Dealership and was offered the prize sum of $23,000 for my $43,000 car. I told the sales manager about my price for the Volt as opposed to his trade offer and he just smiled and told me that the Chevy dealers can not move them and actually I do not want it. He further told me that perhaps a chevy dealership might offer me more for the Volt, however, he did not think so. The gentleman was very nice about it and told me that he would take as much off of the Mustang as possible because of the beating I was taking on my car. Well, today, I am the proud owner of my 2013 Mustang GT and the Volt had to be wholesaled to a chevy dealership where it still resides.
I guess the Volt is OK for anybody who does not care about what they drive and will sacrifice any and all pride in the name of saving a buck.
Sure .... Dolt.(Voice Of Reality)(Overpriced Cruze) et al.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6851 Oct 11, 2013
I mean ... really Dolt. You make up a "Former Volt Owner" and then you quote idiotic numbers like 29 mpg with the gas motor. The lowest I have ever seen in real Volt forums was 36. But the owner admitted that he drove 80 mph. 29 mpg!!! At least make your lies believable. Didn't you see my video. I got over 42 mpg in gas mode on the freeway with the AC on. 29 mpg!!! Also, I have never heard of anybody getting 35 for their best electric range. As stated, at least make them a little believable.

You are funny, though ... in a laughable way ... that is laughing at you.

Here are 24 reviews by real Volt owners .... Dolt .... here are some of the headlines for the reviews:

1. 302.5 MPG in First 6 Weeks!(1300 miles with 4.3 gal)

2. "Fantastic car - quiet, smooth, super-efficient!"

3. "The Volt is spectacular. Best car I've ever owned."

4. "Game-changing technology with extended-range EVs"

5. "Outstanding technology, style, performance and luxury."

6. "Like driving a starship"

7. "Best car I have owned."

8. "Why Doesn't Everyone Own a Volt?"

9. "A game changing car that is a pleasure to drive."

10. "best car I ever had. just about the most fun as well."

11. "Fabulous quality, looks, ride."

12. "A life changing automobile."

13. "Chevy delivers a no-compromises electric vehicle"

14. "Most legal fun I have ever had in a car!"

15. "Spooky quiet super smooth ride."

16. "The best car I have ever owned!"

17. "This is the best car I've ever drove in."

http://reviews.cnet.com/coupe-hatchback/2012-...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6852 Oct 11, 2013
Root wrote:
While I know you have it bad for the Volt, talking to yourself will not stop the Volt’s progress or pave the way for another Mayberry trip. Before you let this dog dig deeper, might I suggest an OPMOD Camo Stealth Ghillie Suit? Designed to help blend into your surroundings, the whole suit along with the included storage bag weighs just 3.5 pounds and goes on easily. The veil/hood has an adjustable chinstrap and an open-mesh camo face screen that hides your eyes and no smoke can be detected from an Elantras tailpipe. Did I mention tailpipe?
Not only did he talk to himself .... he voted for himself. Insanely funny.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6854 Oct 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You ... Dolt .... we know you are all of them. Sheeeeesh. And you still do the childish judging. As if anyone cares.
Who is the hater?
It's a fact that those who call others "Hater" are they themselves "Haters".
But some go one step further.
Grand Standers.(Otherwise defined as Blowhards)
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6855 Oct 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You should talk. You went off the deep end with your comments as Voice Of Reality and got them all deleted.
Try sending me some more of your Volt "facts" so I can shoot you down.
Got the wrong guy, try again.
I don 't play those Faux ISP games like some seem to revel in.
Your imagination knows no bounds when it comes to grandstanding.
Before getting all uppity about other folk's conduct, yours certainly isn't above reproach these days.
For a little while, your posts were civil and informative.
But they soon got ugly, insulting, and personal just like those you complain about.
When it comes to "shooting" others down, you are no better than those you target.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6857 Oct 12, 2013
A thought.

Wonder what these grandstanders who constantly blowhard about their Volt are going to do three or four years from now.
When they have to replace the battery.

Just sayin'.
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6858 Oct 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so obsessed with the Volt you can't think logically.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6859 Oct 12, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
A thought.
Wonder what these grandstanders who constantly blowhard about their Volt are going to do three or four years from now.
When they have to replace the battery.
Just sayin'.
Per independent battery experts, two of which have been quoted on this forum, the Volt battery is rated at 5,000 full charges, at which time it will still have about a 32 mile range for the oldest Volts.

5,000 full charges is a 200,000 mile life time. So, by the time the owner is ready to trade in, the Volt should still have about a 35 - 37 mile range.

However, even if the battery were to fail within the time period you claim .... it will still be under full warranty. So, I'll get a new battery.

I know you are worried about us, so I though I'd ease your mind a bit. Thanks for the concern, though.

Here is a link that quotes independent expert, Jack Rickard. OK ... take car.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php...

And by the way, there are converted plug in's being used by cab companies that have well over 250,000 on their battery packs.

Just sayin'.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6860 Oct 12, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Before getting all uppity about other folk's conduct, yours certainly isn't above reproach these days.
But they soon got ugly, insulting, and personal just like those you complain about.
When it comes to "shooting" others down, you are no better than those you target.
OK ... just sayin'.... those that accuse are usually in that mind thought because that is where they are coming from.

Take care, Dolt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6861 Oct 12, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh .... I like targeting liars and haters. Like your post about the Volt battery giving out in 4 years.

Now, you seem to be somewhat intelligent. I know that you know that the battery won't give out in 4 years. Especially after reading articles by experts such as the one quoted here. Yet, you still fling crap against the wall, hoping that it will stick.

You aren't impressing anybody here because you are the other personas.

If you don't want to be called out on lies, don't lie. Give some links to real world subjects concerning the Volt or other plug ins and you won't be trounced.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6862 Oct 12, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the taxpayers took a beating on that deal. Did you also waste money on a home charging station?
It is hilarious enough that you are talking to yourself here. But your question about the charging station only points out the lack of knowledge about this subject.

Volt owners who don't need the charging station don't buy one. It is not a toy.

Those who travel more than 40 - 45 miles per day need one. In time, the station will pay for itself. Let me give you a prime example.

I met one Volt owner who travels from his home in Redwood City, CA to San Jose for work. I met him at our awesome Volt Owners Club. He works in the computer field.

Very often, he must travel to their other office in SF. On the way, he stops at home and quick charges for one hour during his lunch. He gains about 12 miles. On the way back, he charges for about 30 minutes and gains another 6 miles. That's 18 miles he gains when he must travel. And no, he's not freeloading. He works from his computer.

He does that about 15 days out of the month. That's 270 miles he travels at 3 cents per mile rather than the 12.5 cents he would pay if he drove your Elantra. That's $26 net, he saves per month. In two years, the station will have payed for itself and then it will be putting money back into his bank account.

He told me this because I asked him why he would need a 240. He had mentioned that he could fully charge overnight with the charger that comes with the car but his travels for work would cost too much in gas usage.

Just clarifyin'.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6863 Oct 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK ... just sayin'.... those that accuse are usually in that mind thought because that is where they are coming from.
Take care, Dolt.
Look, Blowhard. You got the wrong guy.
Point your petty vindictiveness somewhere else.
I don't do the Faux ISP stupidity. Period. never have, and never will.
In fact, yesterday was the first time in three months that I've even posted here.
I've only looked in occasionally during that period. No posts. None! Nada!
(In fact, my wife and I have spent the past three months in Cleveland, Ohio, where she's been treated for a deadly form of cancer. Ever heard of Sarcoma? Internet oneupmanship has not been of any concern during that stressful ordeal)

I must say, your comment about where people "come from" , in reality applies directly to yourself.
For your info, I have no idea who your alter ego "Dolt" is, nor do I agree with those posts by the one calling himself "Voice Of Reality"
In fact, I felt that much of what those two posted about you were way over the top and should have been removed. That kind of ugly nonsense has never been my style.
But you responded in kind to those cretins, and I fail to understand why yours weren't removed too.
Your love and credos about your silly little car now go beyond reality, and the only term applying to what you're doing is " Grandstanding"--a childlike activity that someone your age shouldn't be involved in.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6864 Oct 12, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the hater?
It's a fact that those who call others "Hater" are they themselves "Haters".
But some go one step further.
Grand Standers.(Otherwise defined as Blowhards)
Have you ever noticed that you never say anything about the subject at hand?

That's called "What the heck are you doing here?"

I'll tell you what. You give me something positive or negative about the subject at hand, along with some kind of link ... even hater forums ... and we'll have a civilized discussion.

How do you expect people to respond to you when all you do is sling. It's not sticking. That's what is bothering you.

OK ... the challenge is out there. See if you can abide.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6865 Oct 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what. You give me something positive or negative about the subject at hand, along with some kind of link ... even hater forums ... and we'll have a civilized discussion.
How do you expect people to respond to you when all you do is sling. It's not sticking. That's what is bothering you.
When you stop your grandstanding, that might be a good start.
Do you honestly believe that constantly "putting down" others with your "look at me--i own a Volt and you don't" diatribes are constructive dialog?
How many times is it necessary to blow your own horn?
And if you so strongly object to other's comments about what you post, why not take your own advice--"what are you doing here"
At your age you should know better.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6866 Oct 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you "noticed" that my first post here in three months was a simple answer to a simple question?
Somebody asked " Who was the hater"--A name you yourself attach to anyone and everyone who you direct your petty vindictiveness to.
I simply responded with the answer--a truthful one at that-- "Haters are apparently those who don't always agree with Volt enthusiasts"
Then did you "Notice" the immediate responses? And the really classy username attached to them?
Now talk to me about "the subject at hand".

Obviously you have yet to learn a very fundamental truth that "not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy, and not everyone who agrees with you is your friend".
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6868 Oct 13, 2013
Volt's battery warranty is 8 years--100,000 miles.
Chances are the 100K mile limit will trump the 8 year factor.
So it's not inconceivable that battery failure could occur within a 4 or 5 year period.
In spite of grandstander's boasts, the battery used in EVs is their biggest weakness.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6869 Oct 13, 2013
The Volt's battery is one of it's most unique aspects and a major selling point. The Volt's battery temperature is regulated and its usable life spec is set at 70%. Currently GM mules are well over 200k miles and still running above the 70% metric. If anyone ever needs to replace the battery below that threshold, the car should be in excess of 300k.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6870 Oct 13, 2013
Unfortunately, batteries are the weakest link in the chain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Buy Extra Car Models Software for Foxwel... (Jun '16) 2 hr tuita 2
Lonsdor K518ISE Key Programmer Update–American ... 9 hr lanny717 3
News NASCAR Just Made Its New Road Course-Oval Track... 11 hr ThisPhartse 2
News Manhattan could become first U.S. city to levy ... Tue Go green 2
How to make Suzuki Jimny 2004 24c01 key with vvdi Mon Ambrosio 1
Original Autel MaxiSYS Elite J2534 ECU Program ... Mon OBD2TOOL 2
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update – Fiat Mon OBD2TOOL 2
More from around the web