Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6826 Oct 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
And by the way ... because I know you aren't going to read the article ... BMW "stole" the Volt Chief project manager from GM so they could get some idea on how to engineer the i8.
It seems that GM outdid everybody on the first try.
BMW "stole" the Volt Chief project manager from GM"; was it a kidnapping or something. Look for GM to "steal" ideas from BMW.
Former Volt Owner

United States

#6827 Oct 10, 2013
I made the very bad mistake of buying a Chevy Volt, in the latter part of 2011 I bought into the gas mileage hype and bought the Volt. In my little over a year owning the Volt, I was into it for about $43,000 with $41,000 of it being the price tag and another two for the fact that the Volt was a low production car and hard to find. The results of my 14 months of ownership was an average of 35 miles to a full charge and the IC engine getting about 29MPG when I had to use that. Since my trip to work is 43 miles one way and with no recharging station at my place of work I still needed about two gallons of gas to make my daily trip for a whopping savings of about $3.25 when compared to my 2007 Toyota. Well 14 months into ownership of this dog I decided to trade it in on one of the new Mustangs and I proudly went to the Ford Dealership and was offered the prize sum of $23,000 for my $43,000 car. I told the sales manager about my price for the Volt as opposed to his trade offer and he just smiled and told me that the Chevy dealers can not move them and actually I do not want it. He further told me that perhaps a chevy dealership might offer me more for the Volt, however, he did not think so. The gentleman was very nice about it and told me that he would take as much off of the Mustang as possible because of the beating I was taking on my car. Well, today, I am the proud owner of my 2013 Mustang GT and the Volt had to be wholesaled to a chevy dealership where it still resides.

I guess the Volt is OK for anybody who does not care about what they drive and will sacrifice any and all pride in the name of saving a buck.
No Headlights

United States

#6828 Oct 10, 2013
The Volt made the sperm~spring of the honorable chink Mr. toyoda piss his pants. This is why they have not tried to duplicate it. Naturally they do not want to hurt piis sales.
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6829 Oct 11, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
I made the very bad mistake of buying a Chevy Volt, in the latter part of 2011 I bought into the gas mileage hype and bought the Volt. In my little over a year owning the Volt, I was into it for about $43,000 with $41,000 of it being the price tag and another two for the fact that the Volt was a low production car and hard to find. The results of my 14 months of ownership was an average of 35 miles to a full charge and the IC engine getting about 29MPG when I had to use that. Since my trip to work is 43 miles one way and with no recharging station at my place of work I still needed about two gallons of gas to make my daily trip for a whopping savings of about $3.25 when compared to my 2007 Toyota. Well 14 months into ownership of this dog I decided to trade it in on one of the new Mustangs and I proudly went to the Ford Dealership and was offered the prize sum of $23,000 for my $43,000 car. I told the sales manager about my price for the Volt as opposed to his trade offer and he just smiled and told me that the Chevy dealers can not move them and actually I do not want it. He further told me that perhaps a chevy dealership might offer me more for the Volt, however, he did not think so. The gentleman was very nice about it and told me that he would take as much off of the Mustang as possible because of the beating I was taking on my car. Well, today, I am the proud owner of my 2013 Mustang GT and the Volt had to be wholesaled to a chevy dealership where it still resides.
I guess the Volt is OK for anybody who does not care about what they drive and will sacrifice any and all pride in the name of saving a buck.
You and the taxpayers took a beating on that deal. Did you also waste money on a home charging station?
Former Volt Owner

United States

#6830 Oct 11, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the taxpayers took a beating on that deal. Did you also waste money on a home charging station?
The total purchase was a waste, the Volt, the Charging Station and the buying into Uncle O's little toy car. Fact is that the Volt is a joke and a fraud. GM comes out with an economy car that is priced like a high end car and feeds the potential buyer a line of garbage.
This car kind of reminds me of the "Hollywood Types" who, a couple of years ago, would rent a Prius and drive it after the Oscars around the town and scream at people in SUVs and large Pickups that "They were killing the planet". The next day they would go to their 10,000 plus mansion and think that they had done something.

The Volt is, at best, a toy with a following of idiots who can afford a $41,000 toy and then they think that they have accomplished something.

I see that one idiot in this thread made the statement that Jay Leno (Car Guy) had a volt and loved it. Wrong, Jay Leno has a toy truck that has been converted to Volt like power and takes it out for a five mile drive every so often, real good reason to purchase a volt. Leno also has a jet powered Motorcycle, wonder how many people will run out to purchase one of those.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6831 Oct 11, 2013
While I know you have it bad for the Volt, talking to yourself will not stop the Voltís progress or pave the way for another Mayberry trip. Before you let this dog dig deeper, might I suggest an OPMOD Camo Stealth Ghillie Suit? Designed to help blend into your surroundings, the whole suit along with the included storage bag weighs just 3.5 pounds and goes on easily. The veil/hood has an adjustable chinstrap and an open-mesh camo face screen that hides your eyes and no smoke can be detected from an Elantras tailpipe. Did I mention tailpipe?
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6832 Oct 11, 2013
Root wrote:
While I know you have it bad for the Volt, talking to yourself will not stop the Voltís progress or pave the way for another Mayberry trip. Before you let this dog dig deeper, might I suggest an OPMOD Camo Stealth Ghillie Suit? Designed to help blend into your surroundings, the whole suit along with the included storage bag weighs just 3.5 pounds and goes on easily. The veil/hood has an adjustable chinstrap and an open-mesh camo face screen that hides your eyes and no smoke can be detected from an Elantras tailpipe. Did I mention tailpipe?
Can the OPMOD Camo Stealth Ghillie Suit be purchased online? With the price of gas these days, like iluvmyVolt I don't like to travel too far from home.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6833 Oct 11, 2013
Yes, this can be purchased online. I also suggest upgrading yourself with a Take Back Mayberry by Force squad car package.

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/wp-content...
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6834 Oct 11, 2013
Root wrote:
Yes, this can be purchased online. I also suggest upgrading yourself with a Take Back Mayberry by Force squad car package.
http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/wp-content...
Thanks Root! BTW do you MPG, both with and without the "Take Back Mayberry by Force squad car package"?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6835 Oct 11, 2013
No problem!
Vice Cop Reality

United States

#6836 Oct 11, 2013
Sounds like the passion juice has dried up for the Volt hater.
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6837 Oct 11, 2013
Vice Cop Reality wrote:
Sounds like the passion juice has dried up for the Volt hater.
Who is the Volt hater?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6838 Oct 11, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the Volt hater?
Apparently anyone who offers an opinion not consistent with the views of a few pro Volt enthusiasts.
Canadian Dogfucker

United States

#6839 Oct 11, 2013
Oh no, the queen is back.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6840 Oct 11, 2013
toyota has reduced the price on the new 2014 Prius Plug-in to $29,990. Great news for those wishing to buy a toyota prius Plug-in.
Save the Beagle

United States

#6841 Oct 11, 2013
Everybody keep your dogs protected from the Queen! When you least expect it this man will kidnap your dog and whatever you do, don't let him smell your dog's bottom.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6842 Oct 11, 2013
Amazing what Root can do with his IPhone!!
All those pseudonyms!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6843 Oct 11, 2013
But Root is just another pseudonym.
We now know who the real author of all of them is.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#6844 Oct 11, 2013
JJFADS!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6845 Oct 11, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
BMW "stole" the Volt Chief project manager from GM"; was it a kidnapping or something. Look for GM to "steal" ideas from BMW.
They made an offer he couldn't refuse. BMW is doing the stealing so far. Guess you didn't read the article.

No surprise. You don't want to clear up that foggy mind of yours with facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... 4 hr One phartse 4
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... 15 hr tuita 2
How to use BDM frame aluminium 20 hr jimmyLIN 3
News Magna says Ontario's proposed labor laws make p... Mon Rich become richer 1
MPPS V21 Software Download Free Sun lalaura 5
News Would you buy a car from Amazon? Sun JWD1216 3
FGtech Galletto 4 Review Jul 20 uobd2 2
More from around the web