Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#6783 Oct 2, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
This is good press.
Thanks for all you do. The Volt is so exciting and it's so nice to see all these people saving money and happy.
Charlene

Los Angeles, CA

#6784 Oct 2, 2013
Wanted to stop by and give an update on our Volt. So far weíre averaging 179 MPG and the experience is wonderful. Love the car, itís the best weíve ever had!
Charlene

Los Angeles, CA

#6785 Oct 2, 2013
Oh and thanks for getting rid of that guy from Virginia! I tried to post here several times and got so turned off by the terrible things that man said I would just leave. Some people are so sad up and down. I'll tell some of my friends it's safe now!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6788 Oct 2, 2013
Charlene wrote:
Oh and thanks for getting rid of that guy from Virginia! I tried to post here several times and got so turned off by the terrible things that man said I would just leave. Some people are so sad up and down. I'll tell some of my friends it's safe now!
Donít let people like that get you down. There should be no need to leave because someone acts unruly or rude. If you would like to learn more about behavioral science the first step is to look into what drives an individual to act out as they do. More times than not you can trace that type of behavior back to their childhood and that directly relates to their faculty later in life. For example, some of the things children need are first and foremost love followed by set boundaries, discipline, and faith. Much too often in our society these young children have no father in their life and lack one or more of the mentioned traits. That leads to developmental struggles and the lack of a moral code. This is what we saw here with the individual that had his posts removed.

Iíve found the best thing to do is just ignore them, usually, though I would suggest you only cutoff communication when they become destructive (in this case thatís what happened). Otherwise let them have their release, chuckle at it and move on.

Remember, these types of outbursts are typically a cry for help and in a way could be seen as an aid to their health. Think about it, theyíre seeking out a specific thing (in this case itís a car) to bash. How goofy is that? Often itís reminiscent of what we refer to as prolonged adolescents. Itís just silly when you sit back and think about it.

Anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts and results of your Volt and keep posting. Thanks so much.
Root

Chicago, IL

#6789 Oct 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, kid. You shouldn't be using other people's names. I bet your parents are out of the house and you broke into their bedroom to get on their computer once again.
How you been "des plaines"? Howz that Fairlane doing?
Here's a guy who drove 2,000 miles on 4.2 gallons of gas. That's a lot of gas. But not bad. I bet you had his crack pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =X7blGK9fl1QXX
Here's a guy who drove 9,037 on 14 gallons of gas. Still, too much gas, but better than your Fairlane. Bet you wish you had his crack pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh .. Jay Leno states (at 1:18) that he has 18,000 miles on his Volt and has used only 12 gallons of gas. Now, that's more like it. I bet you wish you had his crack pipe.
The only pipe you use is your exhaust. You sniff the smog as you burn gas. Let's see, 20 miles, 1 gallon of gas. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OK ... your parents are going to be home soon. Time to turn off the computer and sneak back to bed.
I see. You were given a sedative....almost asleep....the night watchman was away from his desk.....you took off the straight jacket then took out the plastic(bite material)out of your pie hole......than the football helmit....once free you crawled to the night watchmans computer and wrote a rant....some lie about dodging a volt!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6790 Oct 2, 2013
Charlene wrote:
Another thing, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Volt?
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6791 Oct 2, 2013
If I had no life I'd buy a Volt.
Reality Axed

United States

#6792 Oct 3, 2013
If I had no money I would buy a Hungday.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6793 Oct 3, 2013
Reality Axed wrote:
If I had no money I would buy a Hungday.
And postpone future Mayberry day trips lol. Glad to see all these hard earned dollars being saved by Volt owners.
Volt Lover

Petersburg, VA

#6794 Oct 3, 2013
I have a volt and I get about 5,000 Miles per gallon, however, since I have never put a gallon of gas in my wonderful Volt this could be even higher.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6795 Oct 3, 2013
Careful with that axe Eugene, you donít want your posts deleted again.

Now check this out:

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6796 Oct 3, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I see. You were given a sedative....almost asleep....the night watchman was away from his desk.....you took off the straight jacket then took out the plastic(bite material)out of your pie hole......than the football helmit....once free you crawled to the night watchmans computer and wrote a rant....some lie about dodging a volt!
Uh oh, here come your parents. Turn off that computer.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6797 Oct 3, 2013
Root wrote:
Careful with that axe Eugene, you donít want your posts deleted again.
Now check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pGydi3etqUYXX
I'm going to wait for the investigation for the final word. As this article points out, something struck the bottom of the vehicle. Who knows what happened.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tesla-model-...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6798 Oct 3, 2013
Volt Lover wrote:
I have a volt and I get about 5,000 Miles per gallon, however, since I have never put a gallon of gas in my wonderful Volt this could be even higher.
Slightly muzzled ...???? Anyway, as stated in the post above ...# 6773 ... Jay Leno is only getting 1,800 mpg in his wonderful Volt. Nothing compared to your phantom Volt.

He has a wind farm and solar at his and his garage. So the electric part of his 18,000 miles (as of the time of the video) are at least 1/2 free. Don't know what he has at home.

As the turbine installer says in the video, if the turbine's spin at night ... he gets 10,000 free watts. That's just at night. That's 7.5 free charges on his Volt. If they spin all day, he probably gets 25,000 free watts.

Jay Leno ... a real car man who doesn't let progress get in his way.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#6799 Oct 4, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Slightly muzzled ...???? Anyway, as stated in the post above ...# 6773 ... Jay Leno is only getting 1,800 mpg in his wonderful Volt. Nothing compared to your phantom Volt.
He has a wind farm and solar at his and his garage. So the electric part of his 18,000 miles (as of the time of the video) are at least 1/2 free. Don't know what he has at home.
As the turbine installer says in the video, if the turbine's spin at night ... he gets 10,000 free watts. That's just at night. That's 7.5 free charges on his Volt. If they spin all day, he probably gets 25,000 free watts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rdFe9zVyYOQXX
Excellent information, thanks for posting.
No Headlights

United States

#6800 Oct 5, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rdFe9zVyYOQXX
Wind farm?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6802 Oct 6, 2013
No Headlights wrote:
<quoted text>Wind farm?
Yes. The unit he purchased is a 10 kw unit. That's 10 kw's per hour. That's 240 kwh's per day.

The average home home uses about 31 kwh's per day. That's 7+ homes he could power.

To me, that's a wind farm.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6803 Oct 6, 2013
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6804 Oct 6, 2013
Well, I must confess that I bought some gas Saturday, 10/5. I needed the extra 2 gallons I bought to make sure I could make it to the A's playoff game and back.

Actually, I already had 1 1/2 gallons in my tank and that would have been plenty, but I would have had to put another 2 gallons anyway for the next trip to the stadium.

So, now I have purchased 30 gallons of gas. And by the way, today ... 10/6/13 ... is 2 years to the day that I purchased my car. 30 gallons in two years!

My millage to the game and back.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6805 Oct 6, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
If I had no life I'd buy a Volt.
Hmmmm .... so if having a life is directly connected to the amount of gas we use ... Hummer owners should have the best lives of all.

But, it seems to me that Volt owners have more time to have a life because they don't have to work all that o.t. to pay for the gas that the Hummer sucks up.

Just sayin'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renault CAN CLIP V168 is coming 05.2017! Free d... 6 hr lalaura 3
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) May 26 SkoalDipperJoe 211
Two Installation Method on Premium Tech Tool PT... May 26 eobdtool 1
V4.5.8 VVDI PROG new add multi-language (free d... May 25 diyobd2 1
Tips to cut plastic emergency keys with Condor ... May 25 diyobd2 2
High Quality MAN VCI Lite V14.01 Professional D... May 24 dreamer929 2
Xhorse Condor mini VS SEC-E9 key cutting machine May 24 diyobd2 1
More from around the web