Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,701

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6762 Oct 1, 2013
Sales are starting to be reported for the cars in this segment. It looks like the Leaf edged out the Volt, 1953 to 1766. To date the Volt remains the perennial sales leader at 16,760 for the year. Toyotaís Prius plug in and the Rav 4 Electric numbers will be out soon. For those interested in learning about the cars in this segment, which will provide an avenue to compile information for comparisons, there is a list that follows.

Chevrolet Volt
Nissan Leaf
Toyota Prius Plug-In
Ford Focus Electric
Mitsubishi i-Miev
Toyota Rav4 EV
Honda Fit EV
Honda Accord PHEV
Ford C Max Energi
Ford Fusion Eergi
Smart ED - Closed
Chevy Spark EV
Fiat 500 E
Tesla Model S

Disclaimer Ė I am not in the market for these types of vehicles and do not intend to purchase such a vehicle. Ongoing support for the entire segment will continue to be provided for these vehicles, their makers and owners.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
James

Fairfax, VA

#6763 Oct 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted this before. It is a pay back by Hyundai to owners for over inflated mpg claims. Check it out.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/02/busin...
We are simple people ad didnít follow up on it. Our purchasing methods are changing and in the future weíll be a little more careful before making the decision. Jennaís Elantra may not get over the 30 mpg mark but itís still not bad for the price.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6764 Oct 1, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>We are simple people ad didnít follow up on it. Our purchasing methods are changing and in the future weíll be a little more careful before making the decision. Jennaís Elantra may not get over the 30 mpg mark but itís still not bad for the price.
Agreed, the elantras does what it is supposed to with the exception of the gas mileage and a few other flaws. Itís a cute little foreign car. How it ever got into the conversation is beyond me. Itís not even in the same arena as the Volt. Does this give you an idea? For those interested in learning about the cars in the elantras segment, which will provide an avenue to compile information for comparisons, there is a list that follows.

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sedan
2013 Mazda MAZDA3 I Touring Sedan
2013 Nissan Sentra SL Sedan
2013 Mitsubishi Lancer DE Sedan
2013 Suzuki SX4 LE Sedan
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Base Sedan
2013 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition Sedan

Time to get back to civil discourse, sorry you had to endure some of the "off-topic" posts here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dose of Reality

United States

#6765 Oct 1, 2013
Did anyone see the Prius ev numbers yet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6766 Oct 1, 2013
Dose of Reality wrote:
Did anyone see the Prius ev numbers yet?
Indeed, the Prius Plug-in sold 1152 units pushing its year to date numbers to 7974 and the Rav4 EV came in at 167 pushing its year to date numbers to 917.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6767 Oct 1, 2013
A few days ago we had some disturbances on the forum and one of the posters made an inquiry regarding the type of vehicles I drive. Now that circumstances have improved dramatically on the forum and this Volt thread, I will provide this information. Daily drivers follow,
Dodge Ram Laramie Limited 4*4
Wife drives a Lexus LS 460
Day tripper and grocery getter is a GL450

My toys are not to be mentioned, they are omitted.

Happy Motoring

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Chicago, IL

#6768 Oct 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
14,200 MILES. 28 GALLONS OF GAS. 145 MPG WHEN IN FULL ELECTRIC.
MY SON JUST TEXTED ME. HE JUST TOPPED 12,000 MILES. HE HAS USED 11.2 GALLONS OF GAS.
END OF STORY.
Put down the crack pipe!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Deleted Reality

United States

#6769 Oct 1, 2013
Thanks for the updated numbers man.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Berwyn, IL

#6770 Oct 1, 2013
Root wrote:
A few days ago we had some disturbances on the forum and one of the posters made an inquiry regarding the type of vehicles I drive. Now that circumstances have improved dramatically on the forum and this Volt thread, I will provide this information. Daily drivers follow,
Dodge Ram Laramie Limited 4*4
Wife drives a Lexus LS 460
Day tripper and grocery getter is a GL450
My toys are not to be mentioned, they are omitted.
Happy Motoring
Dodge Ram Lemonmorange lemonaide?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6771 Oct 1, 2013
Mykeisha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a regular pinocchio.
Jealousy is not becoming.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6772 Oct 1, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Put down the crack pipe!!!!!
Jealousy is not becoming.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6773 Oct 1, 2013
Root wrote:
First of all, kid. You shouldn't be using other people's names. I bet your parents are out of the house and you broke into their bedroom to get on their computer once again.

How you been "des plaines"? Howz that Fairlane doing?

Here's a guy who drove 2,000 miles on 4.2 gallons of gas. That's a lot of gas. But not bad. I bet you had his crack pipe.

Here's a guy who drove 9,037 on 14 gallons of gas. Still, too much gas, but better than your Fairlane. Bet you wish you had his crack pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Oh .. Jay Leno states (at 1:18) that he has 18,000 miles on his Volt and has used only 12 gallons of gas. Now, that's more like it. I bet you wish you had his crack pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The only pipe you use is your exhaust. You sniff the smog as you burn gas. Let's see, 20 miles, 1 gallon of gas. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK ... your parents are going to be home soon. Time to turn off the computer and sneak back to bed.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6774 Oct 1, 2013
Root wrote:
Volt owners have saved $55 million driving mostly electric. That's one crack pipe I know you wished you had.

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6775 Oct 1, 2013
Root wrote:
Wooops ... you're right!!!! I was wrong. At the time of this pic, my son had 11,544 miles on 15 gallons of gas. Not 11 gallons as I stated before.

Perhaps I WAS on the crack pipe.

But, as I said, he texted me and he is now over 12,000 miles .... on 15 gallons.

He bought his Volt for $24,500!!! Saving $3,600 on gas every year. In 5 years, he will bring his cost down to $6,000 for his Volt.

Now, that's a crack pipe I know you wished you had.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6776 Oct 1, 2013
Now, here's a guy that got a 50 mile range on his full charge. Pretty good.

And ... he has driven 7,851 miles on 48 gallons of gas.

Pretty good.

Bunch of crack heads. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6778 Oct 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wooops ... you're right!!!! I was wrong. At the time of this pic, my son had 11,544 miles on 15 gallons of gas. Not 11 gallons as I stated before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9b-apgp1n1QXX
Perhaps I WAS on the crack pipe.
But, as I said, he texted me and he is now over 12,000 miles .... on 15 gallons.
He bought his Volt for $24,500!!! Saving $3,600 on gas every year. In 5 years, he will bring his cost down to $6,000 for his Volt.
Now, that's a crack pipe I know you wished you had.
That's great mpg, thanks for sharing. 12000 miles on 15 gallons is quite an achievement.
Deleted Reality

United States

#6779 Oct 2, 2013
If my car saved as much money as the Volt does I would be rolling in the dough.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6780 Oct 2, 2013
Deleted Reality wrote:
If my car saved as much money as the Volt does I would be rolling in the dough.
Isn't it just amazing? This cars ate just magnificent. If you would have come to me years ago and said GM will be putting out a car that can achieve hundreds of miles per gallon and it is so great that it will win awards after awards after awards, and then more awards, I would have thought you were pulling my leg. Now this is reality!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6781 Oct 2, 2013
My bad, corrected! Isn't it just amazing? This car is just magnificent. If you would have come to me years ago and said GM will be putting out a car that can achieve hundreds of miles per gallon and it is so great that it will win awards after awards after awards, and then more awards, I would have thought you were pulling my leg. Now this is reality!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#6782 Oct 2, 2013
This is good press.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 9 hr Meanie 278
Audi previews Prologue Avant concept before Gen... 17 hr Solarman 1
How to make full use of hair colour spray to ke... 20 hr huanju 1
EdMcD a canada Queer Story 20 hr Not ed the queen ... 1
Paul Reubens as Pee-Wee Herman in Pee-wee's Pla... 20 hr Old Sam 1
Gays Obama and Toyota (May '14) Wed EdMcD 132
Truck driver arrested after train collision Wed Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web