Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#6622 Sep 24, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>That's good because I was about to say hold up. Btw voice of reality sounds like a flamer that's lost total control, what a putz. Must have gotten dicked one too many times.
I'm going to tell you like I did another poster, that being he is very emotional and harmless. Over the years I've found those with alternative lifestyles (in this case homosexuals) are very defensive and tend to be emotionally "strung out." So when you look at his posts, you're seeing into his psychy. Do as I do, sit back and let him fume, give him a chance to blow it out and let him calm down before attempting constructive dialogue. In the long run this is good for him because the alternative is to hold that aggression in and that is unhealthy. For now we should all simply continue to congratulate the Volt and their owners.
Hawkings Dream

Chicago, IL

#6623 Sep 24, 2013
Detroit should just stick to its bread and butter......the Lemon Laws! The should focus on quality and not quantity. When and if you buy a domestic product dont come crying to us!
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#6624 Sep 24, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to tell you like I did another poster, that being he is very emotional and harmless. Over the years I've found those with alternative lifestyles (in this case homosexuals) are very defensive and tend to be emotionally "strung out." So when you look at his posts, you're seeing into his psychy. Do as I do, sit back and let him fume, give him a chance to blow it out and let him calm down before attempting constructive dialogue. In the long run this is good for him because the alternative is to hold that aggression in and that is unhealthy. For now we should all simply continue to congratulate the Volt and their owners.
Looks like this gay focker has some major problems.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6626 Sep 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Elantra has the same feature, a feature that can be manipulated in both vehicles by the simple act of hitting a reset button when the car is in optimum usage such as going down hill using little of no pressure on the gas. This is why I never use this feature to show gas mileage. I use the old fashion way of filling the tank, subtracting the beginning mileage from the current mileage and divide the number of gallons to get the real gas mileage. I also keep a vehicle maint log in my car. As of today I have 42,200 on the car and get an average of 35 MPG with city being about 30 and the mostly interstate driving at between 37 to 39 depending on speed and type of roads such as incline or declines. So far I have changed the oil nine times using fully synthetic oil and using a factory oil filter and have replaced two tires, one because of a road hazard and the other because I never put just one new tire on a car, it either gets two or four.
So far in my two years of driving I have a total investment of under 18,202 dollars to include both initial cost and fuel cost.
Actually it is less than that because I got a discount for paying cash for the vehicle, however, as I have mentioned I will use the MSRP for my calculations.
You're so full of it. It's an odometer. You can't manipulate an odometer.

There is no screen. Try manipulating your odometer. What an idiot.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6627 Sep 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you, you little mental midget. How does the price of gas affect your miles per gallon? Just a little question, I have never seen gas price factored into MPG before just the amount of gas used to traverse a distance.
Me thinks your brain is just as dead as the Ho in the Hole.
Here you go ... oh little mental midget. You claim to know all there is to know about my car. Yet you don't even understand mpg equivalent. Do you? Now ... listen up good because this is hard for mental midgets to understand.

My utility rate is 9 cents on average.(Look it up ... Santa Clara, CA.

It take 13 kwh's to charge a Volt -(10 actual hours at 1.3 kwh's per hour).

That's $1.17 per charge.

I drive 42 miles per charge.

That's 42 miles per $1.17.

Cost of gas in CA as of today ...$4

$4 divided by $1.17 (cost of 1 charge)= 3.41

I get 3.41 charges per the cost of a gallon of gas.

42 miles driven per charge X 3.41 times I can charge per gallon of gas = 143 miles driven per cost of a gallon of gas.

Now ... go over that about 10 times .... and I know you will never admit that I am right.

Now you know how the cost of a gallon of gas effects my mpg equivalent.

You know absolutely nothing about these cars. Nothing!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6628 Sep 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, the Volt must be driven the 239,995 miles, gas free, to equal the amount of cost that the elantra would use in driving 239,995 miles using gas at the rate of 35MPG and the price of gas being 3.50 per gallon. At the end of this test both vehicles would have total expenses of 41 thousand dollars. The Volt on initial price and 239,995 of gas free driving v the Elantra with the initial price of 17 K and the usage of 24 thousand dollars to cover the 239,995 miles using gas.
No matter how you attempt to spin it, these are real world, simple math equations.
Now, attempt to spin it so that the figures do not add up.
Never met anybody who paid $41,000 for a Volt. My son paid $24,5000. I paid $29,000.

In one year, your Elantra will cost $2,000 more. That's $4,000 for 2 years. That's $21,000 for your Elantra.

And you have the cheapest Elantra. And per a lot of dissatisfied owners, the Elantra doesn't get 35 mpg. But I will give that to you.

My son saves $300 a month on gas ... including charging costs. That's $3,600 a year. That's $7,200 in two years.

That means my son's Volt will be at just under $18,000 in two years.

You lose ... by $3,000!!!!! Can't you do simple math??? Even my Volt will only be $1,000 behind you. That's only after two years. One more year and your Elantra will be more expensive than my Volt.

You're a chump. You're driving a gas hog and you can't admit it.

And don't forget, we will probably never have to change out our brakes. And we will probably do one oil change in 10 years.

And there is only 1 moving part in our motor.

You pathetic mental midget. You bought some hater's numbers and you can't let them go.

MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP.

Never met anybody that ever paid $41,000 for a Volt. Ever. And I know a few.

You sap.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6629 Sep 24, 2013
Here, gay boy. Take one more look. That is a trip odometer. The only thing you can do is reset it to zero.

You can't manipulate an odometer!!!!! My son has driven 11,500 miles using only 11 gallons of gas.

Your Elantra will be more expensive in only 2 years. How's it feel?

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6630 Sep 24, 2013
Look, I'm going to be a nice guy. The average journeyman's lineman's pay is $83,000 in Fairfax VA.

You throw in another 30% O.T. and that is $108,000 a year waiting for you. Perhaps more when you factor in the weird weather we have been having.

And please don't tell me that $83,000 includes O.T. That's only $40 an hour. I retired at $36 an hour 15 years ago. But that was CA.

Perhaps you are a rich man and you don't need this. But I never met a rich man who brags about a $17,000 car.

Now, get some guts and get up there. And don't forget, climbing that 60 foot pole is only to get you to your job. You still need to do your job. That's the hard part.

http://www.indeed.com/salary...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6632 Sep 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Look, I'm going to be a nice guy. The average journeyman's lineman's pay is $83,000 in Fairfax VA.
You throw in another 30% O.T. and that is $108,000 a year waiting for you. Perhaps more when you factor in the weird weather we have been having.
And please don't tell me that $83,000 includes O.T. That's only $40 an hour. I retired at $36 an hour 15 years ago. But that was CA.
Perhaps you are a rich man and you don't need this. But I never met a rich man who brags about a $17,000 car.
Now, get some guts and get up there. And don't forget, climbing that 60 foot pole is only to get you to your job. You still need to do your job. That's the hard part.
http://www.indeed.com/salary...
Respectable post, we need more like that.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6633 Sep 25, 2013
Class isn't out yet. Here is a more accurate way of comparing your gas hog to my awesome Volt.

It is called cost per mile.

A Volt vs an Elantra in CA: When gas is at $4.

I pay $1.17 per charge.
My cost per mile =$0.0279

Elantra (I'm going to give you that magic 35 mpg you claim).

$4 per gallon
35 mpg
$0.1143 per mile

My car is more than 4 times as efficient as yours. My son's car is even better.

That's how to really compare a gas car to an electric.

Oh, and by the way. Even if I compare my car, at CA gas rates to your gas hog at hayseed rates,($2 a gallon), my car is still twice as efficient as yours.

Question: I don't really care what you drive. Why are you so upset, disjointed, and generally pissed off about what I drive?

Why are you rainbows generally such drama queens?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6634 Sep 25, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, the Volt must be driven the 239,995 miles, gas free, to equal the amount of cost that the elantra would use in driving 239,995 miles using gas at the rate of 35MPG and the price of gas being 3.50 per gallon. At the end of this test both vehicles would have total expenses of 41 thousand dollars. The Volt on initial price and 239,995 of gas free driving v the Elantra with the initial price of 17 K and the usage of 24 thousand dollars to cover the 239,995 miles using gas.
No matter how you attempt to spin it, these are real world, simple math equations.
Now, attempt to spin it so that the figures do not add up.
This is where your argument is so faulty. Are you ready for your next lesson? Even if you aren't.

I am going to give you the $41,000 MSRP. OK?

Now, you claim that it takes 240,000 miles of gas money in your gas hog to bring your total cost to $41,000. This may be true, all depending on the cost of gas, etc.

Now, here is your argument going down the toilet ... get ready. I'm going to flush.

You claim that after 240,000, the Volt is still at $41,000 because it is gas free driving.

Question ....(and this is where your math is soooooooo wrong).... how do I account for the $24,000 I didn't spend on gas? It's sitting in my bank account. Your $24,000 is in the fat cat's pockets, over at the oil company.

Answer: I subtract it from the MSRP of my Volt.

New cost of Volt:$17,000.

Add $6,500 charging costs =$23,500.

Elantra:$41,000
Volt:$23,500

So, you see, you didn't account for the "free" driving I did. You just let it evaporate into the air. It doesn't evaporate. It accrues. Therefore, I account for it by subtracting it from the price of my car. Even if you don't want to agree that I can subtract it from the cost of my Volt, it is still in my account. I am still $24,000 ahead of you.

Now, you spent $24,000 and I didn't. That's not a $24,000 difference. That is a $48,000 difference. That's basic 8th grade math.

Sorry to bust your bubble.

You know, we had this conversation months ago. When I pointed out this very same fault in your math, your buddy from Canada even said you were wrong.

Until you can give me a good reason not to subtract that $24,000 I didn't spend on gas from my Volt, you are BUSTED .......... AGAIN.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6635 Sep 25, 2013
Now, back to the real world. Not the world of MSRP.
I paid a little over $29,000 for my Volt. I am going to be generous and make it $30,000, OK?
Now, subtract that $24,000 I didn't spend from $29,000 and you have .....
Volt:$5,000
Add the $6,500 I will have to spend to charge the car to go those 241,000 miles:
Volt:$11,500
Elantra,$41,000
Are we feeling stupid?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6638 Sep 25, 2013
Rainbow man wrote:

"The fact that you retired at 36 dollars an hour is really quite funny, people who use their brain, rather than their back, to make a living retire at that and much more and never have to climb a poll."

I told him that was 15 years ago. In today's money, that is $50 an hour.$104,000 per year, before another $40,000 o.t.

And my brain functions quite well. The fact that I've spanked him pretty "GUD" should attest to that.

Average journeyman lineman's pay in So. CA.

$121,000

That's before o.t.

http://www.careerbliss.com/southern-californi...

As I pointed out to him before, being a monkey on a pole is just to get you to your job. He has no idea what the job entails.

He hates labor in general. He's above "those" people.

This is true i.q.$121,000 +$50,000 o.t.= why should I spend $500,000 to go to collage so I can make $80,000?

Now that is true i.q.

Those monkey's are "purty" smart.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6639 Sep 25, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac, get back up your pole and see if you can find your wife. You talk about climbing 60 foot poles? The real power people with guts were the Tower Climbers, they climbed things that made your little pole look like a toothpick. You sound like an old Glenn Campbell wanabe, that little queen (like you) was a lineman for the county. You say you never saw a rich man brag about a 17K car?
Well, pole monkey, I have never met a SMART MAN brag about having to do Manual Labor for a living. Up the pole, down the pole, perhaps that is why your wife took a cancer pill to get away from you. She found out that you were more interested in poles than holes.
Oh boy ... you need another lesson in reality. Get ready.

Tower climbers don't make what linemen do. Look it up dimwit. Climbing a tower is easy. I climbed 700 foot towers overseas, just for fun at the Voice Of America.

You think that having footholds and handholds is harder than having just two tiny little points in a pole?

Use you brain!!!

Here ... read all the comments in this forum. Tower climbers start at about $10 an hour. Most make $25 top pay. They have to travel all around the western USA.

http://www.wirelessestimator.com/community/th...

Let me give you a little fact. Tower climbers, in general, flunked tall pole climbing school.

Anybody can climb a tower. Haven't you ever seen any of the fools on YouTube that get on a 200 foot tower with never having climbed one before?

Tower climbers!!! I wouldn't have been able to afford the $75,000 cut in pay. Plus the boredom of easy climbing would have put me to sleep.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6640 Sep 25, 2013
"Well, pole monkey, I have never met a SMART MAN brag about having to do Manual Labor for a living. Up the pole, down the pole, perhaps that is why your wife took a cancer pill to get away from you. She found out that you were more interested in poles than holes."

Is this what I've whittled you down to? I proved all of your hater arguments to be wrong. Even your coveted MSRP argument.

You are a pathetic little man.

As I stated, you would have made a great Waffen SS soldier.

They also attacked innocent people when they couldn't defeat their enemy.

Problem is, they shot gays also.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#6641 Sep 25, 2013
Gay focker is going to Mayberry. Will Andy be there?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6642 Sep 25, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my little pole monkey your figures are incorrect. First and foremost you must understand that you start out 24,000 dollars behind as in difference in MSRP for both vehicles. Second, one must not base their total stats based on the price of gas at one station in one state in the Union. You pay $4.00 for a gallon of gas? Well, monkey man, the average price of regular, where I live is between $3.08 and $3.19 per gallon with the average nationwide cost being around $3.50 per gallon. At that price I have already proven that I have about 6,857 gallons of gas to burn before the difference in the two MSRPs is spent. In smaller words that a pole monkey can understand add the $17,000 MSRP of the Elantra to the #24,000 difference in price and you come up with the $41,000 MSRP of the Volt. At 35 miles per gallon I could traverse 239,995 miles on gas and you would have to do the same on total electric before the prices equal out. Now with the average of 20,000 miles per year both of our cars would be approx. 12 years old, or beyond any extended warranty, ergo, time for a new car.
Now, pole monkey tell me where I am wrong. Please no U-Tube crap or unverified I paid $250.00 for my volt by purchasing it from a man in an alley.
Allow us to stay on verifiable facts that are manufacture generated and in black and white.
You dimwit. Read my post again. I allowed for the $41,000 MSRP. for my car and the $17,000 for your car.

Now you want to make me pay twice in the difference?

You are all smoke and mirrors.

BUSTED AGAIN. BUSTED AGAIN. BUSTED AGAIN.

Why don't you take a break and use your pea brain before you post.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6643 Sep 25, 2013
OK ... I'm tired of spanking this Volt hater for the day.

See you tomorrow.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6644 Sep 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
OK ... I'm tired of spanking this Volt hater for the day.
See you tomorrow.
Excellent job! I looked up both sets of numbers and you are correct to the tee. One of his major downfalls is the attempt to use an msrp. The funny thing is, even if one decides to utilize *cough* an msrp and compare from that, Volt still comes out ahead of the econobox elantras. Now look up my post from yesterday describing homosexuals and their aggressive emotions. Now go back and read his posts attacking you when he was proven wrong, complete posts about you that had nothing to do with the Volt. Case closed $$

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#6645 Sep 25, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my little pole monkey your figures are incorrect. First and foremost you must understand that you start out 24,000 dollars behind as in difference in MSRP for both vehicles. Second, one must not base their total stats based on the price of gas at one station in one state in the Union. You pay $4.00 for a gallon of gas? Well, monkey man, the average price of regular, where I live is between $3.08 and $3.19 per gallon with the average nationwide cost being around $3.50 per gallon. At that price I have already proven that I have about 6,857 gallons of gas to burn before the difference in the two MSRPs is spent. In smaller words that a pole monkey can understand add the $17,000 MSRP of the Elantra to the #24,000 difference in price and you come up with the $41,000 MSRP of the Volt. At 35 miles per gallon I could traverse 239,995 miles on gas and you would have to do the same on total electric before the prices equal out. Now with the average of 20,000 miles per year both of our cars would be approx. 12 years old, or beyond any extended warranty, ergo, time for a new car.
Now, pole monkey tell me where I am wrong. Please no U-Tube crap or unverified I paid $250.00 for my volt by purchasing it from a man in an alley.
Allow us to stay on verifiable facts that are manufacture generated and in black and white.
You like to say the word pole. Are you trying to tell us something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
F3-G Support both gasoline cars and diesel heav... 6 hr jimmyLIN 1
obdstar brand online shop in japan 13 hr jimmyLIN 1
Fcar F502 HD Hand-held Heavy Duty Truck Code Re... Wed jimmyLIN 1
what is the meaning of Auto Diagnostic Tool for... (Aug '12) Tue uobd2 7
MPPS V21 Firmware 1.09.03 Updated Tue uobd2 1
SKP1000 , Is this an upgraded version of SK900&... Tue uobd2 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Tue One phartse 4
More from around the web