Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#6592 Sep 22, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
That means in 4 years, the top of the line Elantra would be at $28,500. My son's Volt will be at $28,200. Two years after that, the Elantra will cost about $4,00 more than his Volt.
That's $4,000 more than the Volt
I didn't realize the elantra was so damn expensive to operate. It turns out you'd come out way ahead by purchasing a Volt.
Hawkings Dream

Champaign, IL

#6593 Sep 22, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't realize the elantra was so damn expensive to operate. It turns out you'd come out way ahead by purchasing a Volt.
A top economist said, "When buying an auto its not a good idea to buy a domestic auto because the money that would otherwise be spent building the economy would be spent fixing the domestic autos"..that should cover it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6594 Sep 23, 2013
I had no idea the elantra was so expensive to operate. It turns out you'd come out way ahead with a quality Volt.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#6596 Sep 23, 2013
Root wrote:
I had no idea the elantra was so expensive to operate. It turns out you'd come out way ahead with a quality Volt.
Where the hell do you come off comparing a poor mans half of a toyota korean car to the Volt? Get new brains!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6597 Sep 23, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Where the hell do you come off comparing a poor mans half of a toyota korean car to the Volt? Get new brains!
I would never compare the elantras to a Volt. They are two completely different cars. Some guy was making the argument awhile back about his little elantras being more efficient than a Volt so I looked into it and found the Volt is better, that's all.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6599 Sep 23, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Where the hell do you come off comparing a poor mans half of a toyota korean car to the Volt? Get new brains!
I just wanted to add that the my intention was never to compare or even bring into the equation a little elantras. Funny thing is, the guy that was trying to compare his elantras to the Volt ended up actually buying a Volt, go figure.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6600 Sep 23, 2013
The gay caballero said that his so called friend that was a so called Chevy dealership manager said that the 2011's were a joke.

Post 6318 / page 297

" I now work with a man who was a General Manager at a Chevy Store in Florida and he gave me the low down on the volts of that era and what a joke they were."

Somebodies backtracking. Now, he just says that he said that they weren't as efficient.

Busted.

Oh ... and by the way .... when I say that my Volt gets over 125 mpg ... that is based on charging costs only.

I've driven 14,000 miles + on 28 gallons of gas. Have you ever heard me say that I get 500 mpg? That is what my actual gas usage would be. No you have never heard me say that.

So when you say:

"Note these figures do not include the cost to recharge the volt and makes the assumption that the Volt was operated on total electric with no gas usage."

You're an idiot. I've posted over and over how many miles I have driven and how many gallons of gas I have used. I have always posted my city mpg at anywhere from 125 - 140 mpg, depending on the cost of a gallon of gas.

Once again, numb skull, my charging costs are $1.14 per 42 miles of driving.

Since you are suck a brain ...(yeah right ... still can't get it in your thick skull that I am only talking about charging costs)... do the math. Gas in CA is over $4 again. Divide $1.14 into $4 and multiply that by 42.

I have a long memory. So when you backtrack and try to make it look like you never said what you said, I'll prove you wrong. So, try sticking to new lies. The old ones will come back to bite you.

OK ... go take a ride with Sammy in your bug eye.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6601 Sep 23, 2013
Hey limp wrist:

Once again. My son's Volt. 11,545 miles on 11 gallons of gas. Did you ever hear me say that my son gets 1050 mpg? Never.

His total charging costs per 42 miles is $1.25. That's $364 total for 11,545 miles. That's over 135 mpg.

That is charging costs!!!!! Get it?

My son's mileage.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6604 Sep 23, 2013
One more, limp wrist.

The highest utility rate in the USA is in Hawaii. 21.77 cents. So, if I paid that much for power, a full charge would cost me $2.83. So, at 42 miles per charge, I would still be getting 60 mpg city. That still beats the Prius.

Here's the difference ... the Prius can't go solar. I can. Here's a guy that went Solar in Hawaii. Initial investment,$130,000. Must be a big house.

However, in 20 years, he will receive $320,000 in checks from the power company, let alone get $24,000 of free power.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/blog/2011/...

That's called an investment. So, a Volt owner in that situation would be getting 5,000 mpg, or more. Can't do that in an elantra.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6605 Sep 23, 2013
Hawkings Dream wrote:
<quoted text>A top economist said, "When buying an auto its not a good idea to buy a domestic auto because the money that would otherwise be spent building the economy would be spent fixing the domestic autos"..that should cover it!
Next time you look for a repair shop, try looking for a shop that fixes domestics only.

There are tons of shops that fix foreign only. And they are busy, busy, busy.

Ever hear of the transmission problems BMW is having? Lot of law suits. Try using the search function on your parents computer.

While you're at it, look up Toyota's position in recalls again.

Besides, you drive that Ford Fairlane. That thing must be 40 years old now. Why are you complaining about domestics? If that isn't trustworthy, I don't know what is.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6608 Sep 23, 2013
BOTH CARS MUST DRIVE THE SAME MILES TO MAKE A FAIR COMPARISON.
WOW!!!!!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6609 Sep 23, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Great little unverified video, your son looks a lot like a monkey? Did your wife have two or four legs?
Ahhhh .... are we jealous? Your Elantra would take over 230 gallons for those same miles.

That is, if Sammy is not in the car with you. How is Sammy, by the way? Are you still trying to dump him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6610 Sep 23, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I just wanted to add that the my intention was never to compare or even bring into the equation a little elantras. Funny thing is, the guy that was trying to compare his elantras to the Volt ended up actually buying a Volt, go figure.
Just did the math. He wants to compare 241,000 miles of driving a Volt to 57,000 in an Elantra.

He considers that fair. I think he probably knew the math but hoped that nobody would do it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6611 Sep 23, 2013
Voice Of Reality's ode to Sam

I am the voice of reality,
This forum's voice of reason.
I write the truth, no matter the subject,
The time, the date, the season.

I never lose my cool, you see,
I am so level headed.
I became that way upon the day,
Sammy and I were bedded.

His touch upon my cheek, you see,
Was all it took to ground me.
Well, I must admit it doesn't hurt,
That I love the way he pounds me.

Attack people? Never!!
That's never been my style.
I use the power of the pen,
To make my view worthwhile.

If someone disagrees with me,
I never call them names.
I am above that sort of person,
I never play those games.

Oh if only everyone could be,
Exactly as I am.
Then everyone would surely see,
I owe it all to Sam.

His gentle touch upon my back,
As we sway, to and fro.
His rhythmic motion as he pounds,
And then his gentle blow.

Oh Sammy, Sammy, I am so sorry,
I ever tried to stray.
My phantom wife and phantom son,
I deny, as of today.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6612 Sep 23, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and dig up old cancer bones and go for a ride in your volt, you could call it volt and revolting.
I just bought 87 OCT gas here for 3.07 and last week I saw it in Farmville Va. for 2.99 a gallon. Ergo, you can not quantify your statement on the price in one state. My 3.50 is a means average of the cost of a gallon of regular. Oh, by the way, any of your so called mileage facts verified?
Hey gay boy. Gas has to come down to $2.70 before I go under 100 mpg. And fyi, gas is over $4 a gallon in CA again.

Use your brain. That thing is not just to fill in your thick skull. The vast majority of Volt owners live in CA.

So, why in the world would I compare my Volt's amazing mpg to an Elantra in Hayseed, VA?

You can only compare cars in the same location. That way, the gas comparison is fair. Do you even understand what the word fair means? I think you do.

I think you are just trying to muddy up the facts for everyone else. It's too bad that you have an experienced Volt owner here to shoot you down.

There you go again. Trying to stack the deck against the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6613 Sep 23, 2013
Hey Sammy lover,

The Volt's screen showing miles driven and gas used can not be altered in any way.

That is verification.

So, does your Elantra show how much gas you have used? Of course not. We have to take your lying word for it.

Verification? Not on your part.

You would have made a great Waffen SS officer. Except for the fact that they shot gays also.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6614 Sep 23, 2013
Hey GB (gay boy)

I just did the math. Gas has to come down to $0.95 a gallon before I get the crappy mpg you get. 35 mpg.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6619 Sep 24, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just did the math. He wants to compare 241,000 miles of driving a Volt to 57,000 in an Elantra.
He considers that fair. I think he probably knew the math but hoped that nobody would do it.
Best to let him relax before he strokes out. It's hard to find out the elantros is less economical than a Volt but at least he ended up with a Volt in the long run.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#6620 Sep 24, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I would never compare the elantras to a Volt. They are two completely different cars. Some guy was making the argument awhile back about his little elantras being more efficient than a Volt so I looked into it and found the Volt is better, that's all.
That's good because I was about to say hold up. Btw voice of reality sounds like a flamer that's lost total control, what a putz. Must have gotten dicked one too many times.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#6621 Sep 24, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh .... are we jealous? Your Elantra would take over 230 gallons for those same miles.
That is, if Sammy is not in the car with you. How is Sammy, by the way? Are you still trying to dump him?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sounds to me this gay focker not only accepts dicks he also can't count. I wonder if we could teach him to count with grapes and bananas?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Original Xhorse VVDI2 BMW Key Programmer Feedback 6 hr tuita 3
VVDI2 Xhorse - Where to get the original? 14 hr lalaura 1
News Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for racially-charge... (Mar '16) Wed Chauntyll Allen 27
Buy 2017 New V1.70 Opel OP-COM 2016 Wed OPCOM 2016 3
$39.00 WOW 5.00.12 USB Version OBD2 Diagnostic ... Wed wow 50012 3
VVDI2 4.3.0 works great in BMW FEM coding/progr... Tue lalaura 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Tue Latintony1 314
More from around the web