Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11778 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Canadian Queer

United States

#6439 Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for setting the record straight.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6440 Sep 3, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never expressed any hate or any other emotion for your mythical volt owner. The only thing I stated is that you are either a liar or you are so damn forgetful of what you write that you can not keep your so called facts straight. You first stated that your mythical volt owner saved $10K over two years by driving the volt 80K miles. About nine days later your little lie changed to he saved $10K in ONE year. Which was a lie and which was true are both just damn lies?
Hate the volt, not at all, I just recognize that it is more of a toy car with a very, very, very limited circle of people who will purchase it as a third or fourth car so that they can take it on their little 40 mile jaunts every once in a while and pretend that they are the forces for good who are going to save the world. This is the same ploy that several Hollywood actors used about 8 to 10 years ago when they would attend the Oscars in their Rented Prius and scream at everybody in a larger car. Never mind the fact that they went home to 4 to 10K Sq. Foot homes that had been fully lighted while they were gone.
No, I am not envious of their life, however, I do hate two face people.
You see. You are clinging to stuff that was already covered. I said I made a typing error.

You keep bringing it up as if I never said that.

You, on the other hand stated that you worked with someone that was a Chevy dealership manager and said that the early Volts ... 2011 was the first year .... was a joke and couldn't possibly save that guy $10,000.

Now, one more time. That was a typing error.

The man saved $10,000 in two years. Which still makes it much cheaper than your Elantra.

In 4 years, it will be $20,000. In 4 years, your Elantra will still be connected to the gas hose.

Is that a toy car? My son's Volt will be cheaper than your Elantra in less than two years.

I would say that makes your Elantra a toy. Not a truly sensible car. Unless we are defining sensible as never saving money except on the day it was purchased.

3 gas station visits in 23 months. 8 gallons of gas purchased.

I know, I know, you're going to remind me that I stated that I used 28 gallons of gas. I have.

I already stated on this forum that the dealership gave me a free tank of gas when I took it in for a routine checkup.

They had so many Volt owners complaining about the free gas that it is now their policy to ask first.

That is where the extra gas comes from. So .... I've spent $30 on gas in 23 months.

How much gas has that Elantra used?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#6441 Sep 3, 2013
Root wrote:
A Hungday is a psychopath from the USA who goes by the screen name of Canadian Queer.
Genesis is the medication he is supposed to take but often forgets.
The posts you object to have been deleted. It is of concern that you are causing many of the problems here. My suggestion to you would be to keep your posts on topic and constructive.
Canadian Queer

United States

#6442 Sep 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You see. You are clinging to stuff that was already covered. I said I made a typing error.
You keep bringing it up as if I never said that.
You, on the other hand stated that you worked with someone that was a Chevy dealership manager and said that the early Volts ... 2011 was the first year .... was a joke and couldn't possibly save that guy $10,000.
Now, one more time. That was a typing error.
The man saved $10,000 in two years. Which still makes it much cheaper than your Elantra.
In 4 years, it will be $20,000. In 4 years, your Elantra will still be connected to the gas hose.
Is that a toy car? My son's Volt will be cheaper than your Elantra in less than two years.
I would say that makes your Elantra a toy. Not a truly sensible car. Unless we are defining sensible as never saving money except on the day it was purchased.
3 gas station visits in 23 months. 8 gallons of gas purchased.
I know, I know, you're going to remind me that I stated that I used 28 gallons of gas. I have.
I already stated on this forum that the dealership gave me a free tank of gas when I took it in for a routine checkup.
They had so many Volt owners complaining about the free gas that it is now their policy to ask first.
That is where the extra gas comes from. So .... I've spent $30 on gas in 23 months.
How muchs gas has that Elantra used?
He is a has been.
Canadian Queer

United States

#6443 Sep 3, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>The posts you object to have been deleted. It is of concern that you are causing many of the problems here. My suggestion to you would be to keep your posts on topic and constructive.
Oh wait a minute, are you saying the canadian sexual lunatic is a rat? Makes perfect since! I bet this loose cannon has a red hotline with sex lube residue on the handle. What a punk.
Voice of Reality

Manassas, VA

#6444 Sep 3, 2013
I'm having trouble with my vaginal mesh. Must get this thing cleaned. No time to talk right now. Sorry for being a fhukhead. What comes around goes around. I'm a homo.
Not Guilty

Windsor, Canada

#6445 Sep 3, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>The posts you object to have been deleted. It is of concern that you are causing many of the problems here. My suggestion to you would be to keep your posts on topic and constructive.
Because I objected to certain posts, I assume your comment is directed at me.
Thanks to whoever for deleting those vulgar and offensive posts.
Yes, I did object to them, but that's the only contact I've had with Topix in many weeks, other than occasionally looking in, which is what prompted my objection today.
Other problems have precluded any participation here. My wife is battling cancer, and this is obviously much more important than any Topix involvement.
The problems you refer to have not been caused by me.
Someone, or some individuals, have become very good at simulating others and playing charades on both sides of the fence. For God knows what reason.
I suggest you might want to direct your attention to, and save your advice for those who are the players.
Thank you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6446 Sep 3, 2013
Not Guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did object to them, but that's the only contact I've had with Topix in many weeks, other than occasionally looking in, which is what prompted my objection today.
Other problems have precluded any participation here. My wife is battling cancer, and this is obviously much more important than any Topix involvement.
Someone, or some individuals, have become very good at simulating others and playing charades on both sides of the fence. For God knows what reason.
I suggest you might want to direct your attention to, and save your advice for those who are the players.
Thank you.
I hope your wife makes it. My wife passed away in 1994 from cancer. Good luck.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6447 Sep 3, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>By saving $3600 a year vs a 40K Hyundai is impressive. Does this include the reductions in MPG ratings for the Hyundai?
Believe me, his Hyundai could be getting 50 mpg and it still would be a gas hog. With my charging costs, I average 130 mpg when compared to the cost of a gallon of gas.

My son kicks my butt in his car. It took him a whole year to realize that my savings were real. He now states that he wishes he had bought sooner.

But, he found such a good deal that buying sooner would have not been worth it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6448 Sep 3, 2013
Root wrote:
It never ceases to amaze seeing IluvmyVolt preaching the same self serving rhetoric, time after time, after time, after time..........
Then, when all else fails, IluvmyVolt resorts to homophobic insults, just like the other losers.
And he expects us to swallow his incessant tsunami of trivia?
So, now that the niceties are over. This is a Volt forum. If the tsunami of Volt facts bug you .... bug out.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6449 Sep 3, 2013
Predicted Volt sales for August .... 3,000 +
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6450 Sep 3, 2013
Root wrote:
It never ceases to amaze seeing IluvmyVolt preaching the same self serving rhetoric, time after time, after time, after time..........
Then, when all else fails, IluvmyVolt resorts to homophobic insults, just like the other losers.
And he expects us to swallow his incessant tsunami of trivia?
So, you don't think that idiot calling my granddaughter a slut makes him a loser?

Wow.

And I've never preached the same thing twice about the Volt. All my links are new. I know it bugs you Volt haters to the hilt that there is so much good news about the Volt.

I bet you wish the good news would stop ... eh? It won't. It's the future.

Once again, this is a Volt forum. It shouldn't surprise you that people who like the Volt will post good news about the Volt.

Please, in the future, refrain from attacks and post links proving your knowledge of bad thing about the Volt.

Good luck.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6452 Sep 4, 2013
Not Guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Hope your wife gets better.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6453 Sep 4, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your wife did?
http://insideevs.com/august-2013-plug-in-elec...
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6454 Sep 4, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your wife did?
At least I had a wife. I have a beautiful girlfriend. How's the guy thing working for you? Not very well, I can tell. 

I was watching one of those judge shows a while back. Two gay guys suing each other. The judge, like me, had nothing against gays, it was just that they seemed to be the most dramatic of any of his cases. Case after case.

He finally said, "Maybe you should try celibacy. This lifestyle doesn't seem to working for you."

Ditto for you. It has turned you into a real sour person. 

That's OK. People like you only make the other 90% of us shine.

OK, later. Hope this 3,351 Volts sold make you feel better.
Chevy Volt LUV

Newtown, CT

#6455 Sep 4, 2013
This forum is getting crazier by the post! LOL
Chevy Volt LUV

Newtown, CT

#6456 Sep 4, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope this 3,351 Volts sold make you feel better.
At that rate maybe some day Gubamint Motors might break even on the welfare mobile; but it's highly unlikely.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6457 Sep 4, 2013
Chevy Volt LUV wrote:
<quoted text>
At that rate maybe some day Gubamint Motors might break even on the welfare mobile; but it's highly unlikely.
They said the same thing about the original Prius. The Volt is still ahead of the first Prius sales.

Keep tuned. With every, super happy Volt owner showing his / her amazing savings, there are twice as many people wondering,.... "hmmmm, I'm going to think about this".

Now, there will be 3,351 more super happy Volt owners who will be able to show their savings.

Enjoy your trips to the pump.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6458 Sep 4, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your wife did?
Perhaps my awesome mileage will make you feel better.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6461 Sep 4, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are wrong on all accounts, I have a beautiful wife of 43 years, a son who is 41 years of age and is a pharmacist and an all around fun life. You, on the other hand made your wife's life so bad that she decided that cancer was a better choice so she decided to exit stage right and leave you and your son and slut to go it alone.
As far as 3,351 volts being sold, that equates to approx. sixty seven per state. I wonder where that puts it on the list of normal cars sold in the United States? Hell, I would bet that most Hyundai dealers sell that many Elantras over a two month period.
Take your little volt and your slut and keep doing these 40 to 50 jaunts to the Piggly Wiggly and say hello to Jessica Tandy when you get there.
Sure. You have another life in that closet. Come on out now guy. We are not anti-gay here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Dec 14 BetPhartse 8
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Dec 9 Anon 318
News ZF Ceo Sommer steps down after losing power str... Dec 8 Solarman 1
OBDSTAR H100 vs. F100 Ford Mazda key programmer Dec 7 Ambrosio 1
News Here's Chevrolet's fastest, most powerful Corve... Dec 5 Vett owner 1
What do you think of the new Lambo SUV? The Urus. Dec 4 Ak47d 1
News 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (Oct '07) Dec 4 ragtopman 23
More from around the web