Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10527 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Dominic

Canada

#6198 Aug 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>lol
The only LOL thing right now is that you believe you're fooling people.
You're not, and I find that laughable.
What is it IluvmyVolt always says?
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
Most appropriate!
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6200 Aug 13, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
This is GM's animation of how the Volt works. It doesn't explain how the clutches come into play, but combined with the other video I posted,(previous page # 6176), they explain how the Volt works pretty well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d54Hnsd5qLoXX
What a bore!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6201 Aug 13, 2013
I can't wait to see how the new Volt performs in the market. Those ranges are great.
Dominic

Canada

#6202 Aug 13, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bore!
Hope you realize we're being scammed by a cyber stupidity game created by one person using several aliases.
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#6203 Aug 13, 2013
Wifey says:
The only thing the obamamobile has going for it that ever gets better...

is the Korean Batteries it uses.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6204 Aug 13, 2013
Dominic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you realize we're being scammed by a cyber stupidity game created by one person using several aliases. I see faces in my head.
I think you may be on to something here. I just finished reading an article that said a band of gypsies are taking over the internet. They call them cyber gypsies. Their goal is to make the Prius EV a viable product.
Dominic

Canada

#6205 Aug 13, 2013
If there ever was any doubts about Root's involvement in the cyber stupidity, his post 6204 above puts them to rest.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6206 Aug 14, 2013
There's been to much thrown at the Volt. It's a woderful car and the new ranges are going to be even better.
Dominic

Canada

#6207 Aug 14, 2013
Volt is an excellent concept.
Too bad the same can't be said about Root.
Too much involvement in the cyber stupidity happening here.
Pity.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6208 Aug 14, 2013
It's a great car and why people hate on it is beyond me. I think it's fear.
Dominic

Canada

#6209 Aug 14, 2013
Fear?
Fear of what?
Of a car most folks aren't concerned about?
In my case I don't think I've ever mentioned Volt, and could care less about.
My purpose is merely to expose you as a fraud who sits in the middle of all the cyber stupidity happening here.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6210 Aug 14, 2013
Oh stop it with the not guilty mess. You’ve said plenty about the car with any one of your 20 different names.

Fear drives most of this type of behavior. Not fear of the car, fears in the person. You must not be into psych.
Dominic

Canada

#6212 Aug 14, 2013
Fear?
Fear of what?
Of a car most folks aren't concerned about?
In my case I don't think I've ever mentioned Volt, and could care less about.
My purpose is merely to expose Root as a fraud who sits in the middle of all the cyber stupidity.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6213 Aug 14, 2013
"In my case I don't think I've ever mentioned Volt, and could care less about."

At least you admit you are here to stir it up. Topic wise(Volt vs. Prius), you haven't added one iota to the mix.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6214 Aug 14, 2013
This is the type of misinformation that goes on in this modern world. From the link:

"A recent book, Energy for Future Presidents, author Richard Muller , professor of physics at Berkly writes that existing car propulsion batteries, including the Volt, will have to be replaced after 500 recharges."

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php...

Read some of the comments. Some people completely discharge and recharge twice a day. They are near the 500 charge "limit". They have experienced zero degradation.

Battery expert Jack Rickard states that the Volt battery is built to take 5,000 full charges with a 30% degradation.

"The pack as configured is rated at 5000 cycles. That is fully charge to fully discharged and back to fully charged. Shallower charges don't really count as full cycles."

I think that Richard Muller read Jack Rickard's publications and misread the 5,000 for 500. A silly mistake. I wouldn't want to accuse a physics professor of lying.
Dominic

Canada

#6215 Aug 14, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
"In my case I don't think I've ever mentioned Volt, and could care less about."
At least you admit you are here to stir it up. Topic wise(Volt vs. Prius), you haven't added one iota to the mix.
I'm not here to add anything to the mix.
Two reasons.
First, there 's nothing I could add that hasn't been already been said multiple times.
Second, I'm obliged to expose the Root guy for what he is, mainly a cyber stupidity instigator who plays multiple roles in his cyber stupidity scam.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6216 Aug 14, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This is the type of misinformation that goes on in this modern world. From the link:
"A recent book, Energy for Future Presidents, author Richard Muller , professor of physics at Berkly writes that existing car propulsion batteries, including the Volt, will have to be replaced after 500 recharges."
Read some of the comments. Some people completely discharge and recharge twice a day. They are near the 500 charge "limit". They have experienced zero degradation.
Battery expert Jack Rickard states that the Volt battery is built to take 5,000 full charges with a 30% degradation.
"The pack as configured is rated at 5000 cycles. That is fully charge to fully discharged and back to fully charged. Shallower charges don't really count as full cycles."
I think that Richard Muller read Jack Rickard's publications and misread the 5,000 for 500. A silly mistake. I wouldn't want to accuse a physics professor of lying.
Wow!

Fear causes this type of behavior and negativity. Not fear of the car, fears in the individual.

BTW - watch out for the cyber bully, he'll be calling you me and me you in about 3 2 1.. lol
Dominic

Canada

#6217 Aug 14, 2013
Speak for yourself Root!!
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6218 Aug 14, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The good professor is just cutting thru the daily Volt propaganda dished out by shills like you.

iluvmyVolt: The most boring man in the world!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6219 Aug 14, 2013
Well, the Volt is a hated car, that's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vacaville residents concerned about chromium le... 15 hr Birds Landing Bob 7
News Acura NSX will use Cosworth block, plus other n... Thu Daniel Edgar Sickles 2
Best solution for car computing parts Thu Autopcms 1
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Wed Phillip123 145
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews for Used Cars (Feb '15) Wed Gar ick 2
News Should You Buy a New Harley Davidson (Nov '07) Tue Phillip123 555
(Fixed)BMW 428i 2014 Left side xenon not fire Tue Phillip123 2
More from around the web