Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6173 Aug 8, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I'll do my part!
Single-handily no doubt!
Oh the power of proxy servers and the like!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6174 Aug 8, 2013
Glad to see Volt is number one.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6176 Aug 8, 2013
In this video, it is explained how the E motor portion of the generator can be isolated from the gas motor portion, via a clutch.†This is done so the the small E motor can then assist the main E motor during high speeds when in electric mode only.

In gas mode only, the gas engine helps spin the 2 electric motors at high speeds. This is how the brilliant engineers at GM were able to eliminate a second gear ratio. Fewer gears, less weight and money.

When in gas mode, at slower speeds, the clutch connects the two parts of the generator so electricity can be sent to the battery and on to the main E motor.

Awesome engineering.

IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6177 Aug 8, 2013
Forgot to mention. The gas engine can only assist the 2 electric motors when the Volt is in gas mode (battery depleted) and when a speed of 70 mph is attained. Otherwise, only the big E motor drives the wheels.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6178 Aug 8, 2013
Not_Guilty wrote:
In spite of reluctance to rejoin this ridiculous folly, I find it necessary to do two things....
First:
Assure those who insist otherwise, I do not, and never have,falsely posted from proxy servers etc. to change IP locations.
Unlike those here who obviously do so.
I consider that a childlike and cowardly excuse, used by folks who hide behind anonymity when they choose to act stupid.
I post exclusively from Windsor,Canada, unless my wife and I go to our Puerto Vallarta Condo, or from our cottage near Haliburton, Ontario, and we use IP locations there.
Second:
To reiterate what that Toronto poster (who is, I have no idea) has repeatedly warned us about, as follows...
"WARNING!! WARNING !! WARNING!!
It's confirmed this forum is corrupted by one or two individuals in USA using proxy servers, cell phones, etc. to disguise locations and usernames, and posting filth under other's names as a harassing scam.
VIEWER DISCRETION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!"
There is no question this nonsense is being foisted upon the forum by a couple of demented clowns who unfortunately use fake IPs with gross vulgarity to harrassi others they don't agree with.
All they accomplish is to show the world just how deeply into the gutter they choose to live, and just how sick they are.
No wonder the USA is universally disliked around the world.
If you don't like the USA, then shut up and get off is forum. Idiot.
Not_Guilty

Windsor, Canada

#6180 Aug 9, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like the USA, then shut up and get off is forum. Idiot.
I apologize for giving you the impression that I dislike the USA.
That isn't the case at all, I assure you.
My comment was directed at a few posters based in the US (Virginia, Texas, Luisiana, etc) who aren't exactly nice people and seem to dredge up vulgar and offensive conduct at every opportunity.
The stunts they pull and the comments they post in these forums are disgusting.
It's people like those cretins who give USA a bad name.
It's too bad that a small minority of misguided cretins can do so much damage.

That said, I would suggest you check out the rather frequent unpleasant comments here regarding Canada and Canadians. They are plentiful!
If you find a single one line statement about your country distasteful, this begs a question--How would you feel if you saw really disgusting insults about your country multiple times a day, every day?
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6181 Aug 9, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>I caught that but ignored it. Sounds like this man has some defense mechanism that kicks in. The craziest thing about is in my whole life I've found most Candidians to be tolerant and easy going. This one is a world away from any Canadians I've dealt with. He's just a dickhead with a monkey problem.
Speak for yourself.
When your conduct is without question, then and only then should you criticize others.
Until then, you should be thinking about cleaning up your own act.
Things aren't looking too bright for you just now.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6182 Aug 9, 2013
Not_Guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for giving you the impression that I dislike the USA.
That isn't the case at all, I assure you.
My comment was directed at a few posters based in the US (Virginia, Texas, Luisiana, etc) who aren't exactly nice people and seem to dredge up vulgar and offensive conduct at every opportunity.
The stunts they pull and the comments they post in these forums are disgusting.
It's people like those cretins who give USA a bad name.
It's too bad that a small minority of misguided cretins can do so much damage.
That said, I would suggest you check out the rather frequent unpleasant comments here regarding Canada and Canadians. They are plentiful!
If you find a single one line statement about your country distasteful, this begs a question--How would you feel if you saw really disgusting insults about your country multiple times a day, every day?
Maybe if you werenít so sarcastic and contradictive at every turn, people would be nicer to you. Think about it, youíre on a Volt thread in the Volt forum. Why not just talk about the Volt (and be positive about it).
Not_Guilty

Windsor, Canada

#6183 Aug 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if you werenít so sarcastic and contradictive at every turn, people would be nicer to you. Think about it, youíre on a Volt thread in the Volt forum. Why not just talk about the Volt (and be positive about it).
Let's be honest and get a few things straight.
It takes two to tango. What goes on here is a two way street. It's perfectly OK in any debate to have opposite sides express themselves. That's what I believe in and have done here all along.
If what I do is perceived as sarcasm or contradiction, that says as much about the recipient (you) as it does about me as a provider.
Being sarcastic or contradictive, as long as it's done without dirty tricks like vulgarity, gross personal insults, sexual inference,, phoney IPs with fake screen names,etc----all of which I don't do---is all part of healthy debate. Yet this dirty trickery happens regularly and you say nothing about it.
In fact you frequently take part in it.
So there's a well known corollary to that, namely, "silence is approval".
And your silence and approval is indeed conspicuous.
When people use that kind of trickery to influence a debate, the debate isn't healthy any more.
When people take an active part in that kind of trickery, like you often do, then what does it say about their own style of sarcasm and contradiction?
So I guess the message is simply put, your way isn't he only way here.
As long as people like you continue to insist it is, and the dirty tricks don't stop, I've decide to back away.

The only reason I posted above was to correct a misunderstanding with Iluvmyvolt.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6185 Aug 9, 2013
This is GM's animation of how the Volt works.†It doesn't explain how the clutches come into play, but combined with the other video I posted,(previous page # 6176), they explain how the Volt works pretty well.

liner

Brooklyn, NY

#6187 Aug 11, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Next goal is 6000 posts. Keep it going boys.
Let's see......according to my exhaustive calculations, you're post was #6171.:)
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6188 Aug 11, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see......according to my exhaustive calculations, you're post was #6171.:)
I have a strong sense that guy is a person of multiple personalities.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6192 Aug 11, 2013
Next gen Voltmay have. A 50 - 60 mile range, which means 55 - 65 in warm weather.

http://insideevs.com/video-gm-ceo-akerson-say...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6193 Aug 12, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
Next gen Voltmay have. A 50 - 60 mile range, which means 55 - 65 in warm weather.
http://insideevs.com/video-gm-ceo-akerson-say...
Great news, thanks for sharing.
Dominic

Red Deer, Canada

#6194 Aug 12, 2013
To Root (username for the moment)

It would be a great help if you could put an end to the cyber stupidity.
The filth being posted under your alternate names and locations serves no purpose.
What is it you hope to accomplish by doing it?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6195 Aug 12, 2013
Dominic wrote:
To Root (username for the moment)
It would be a great help if you could put an end to the cyber stupidity.
The filth being posted under your alternate names and locations serves no purpose.
What is it you hope to accomplish by doing it?
If you would like to talk good things about the Volt Iím all ears. Did you hear about the new range? This is going to be a doozy!
Dominic

Red Deer, Canada

#6196 Aug 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>If you would like to talk good things about the Volt Iím all ears. Did you hear about the new range? This is going to be a doozy!
Naw, how 'bout I talk about how you've been scamming this Topix forum all along?

If you were in Hollywood, you would be a shoo-in for an Academy Award for acting.
Best multi role actor in an ongoing comedy series.
But you're not in Hollywood.
You're just a small time player in a third rate cyber stupidity scam.
I can't fathom why you choose to do it, and what you think you're accomplishing by doing it.
Nonetheless, it's a bizarre situation you put yourself in.
Weird might be a better way to describe it.
Shame on me for not calling a spade a spade sooner.
Shame on those of us who play by the rules and trust others to do the same.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6197 Aug 12, 2013
Dominic wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, how 'bout I talk about how you've been scamming this Topix forum all along?
If you were in Hollywood, you would be a shoo-in for an Academy Award for acting.
Best multi role actor in an ongoing comedy series.
But you're not in Hollywood.
You're just a small time player in a third rate cyber stupidity scam.
I can't fathom why you choose to do it, and what you think you're accomplishing by doing it.
Nonetheless, it's a bizarre situation you put yourself in.
Weird might be a better way to describe it.
Shame on me for not calling a spade a spade sooner.
Shame on those of us who play by the rules and trust others to do the same.
lol
Dominic

Red Deer, Canada

#6198 Aug 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>lol
The only LOL thing right now is that you believe you're fooling people.
You're not, and I find that laughable.
What is it IluvmyVolt always says?
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
Most appropriate!
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6200 Aug 13, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
This is GM's animation of how the Volt works.†It doesn't explain how the clutches come into play, but combined with the other video I posted,(previous page # 6176), they explain how the Volt works pretty well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d54Hnsd5qLoXX
What a bore!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video: RC toy car cruises down Houston freeway ... 9 hr LONG FARTS 3
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) Tue Retired Master Tech 218
More toyota Junk (Jun '07) Jan 12 Canada Rocks 338
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update Ė Fiat Jan 11 lanny717 1
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Jan 11 AgreePhart 124
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Jan 11 Autoboner 2
VVDI2 Full version and SMOK which is better Jan 10 Ambrosio 1
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Jan 7 OBD2TOOL 6
More from around the web