Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6087 Aug 4, 2013
The none stop babbling of iluvmyVolt is the reason friends and relatives dread being in ear shot of bore.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6089 Aug 4, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you come here to post. This tells me you seek it out which means you must be a closet Volt fan. Please tell me you aren't in cahoots with the Canadian queen that likes to post here.
He calls interesting articles and facts babbling. Yet, 95% of his posts are nothing but repetitive rantings about me.

He says I'm a bore. I'd say I have his attention.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6090 Aug 4, 2013
He even votes for himself. Truly baffling.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6091 Aug 5, 2013
WARNING!!

Many posts above contain information which is false, misleading, and alarmist.

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6092 Aug 5, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
For those who like geek speak:
Really interesting information on EV batteries from a true expert.
The following link is a GM Volt owners forum. One of the members asked Jack Rickard, an independent battery expert and EV bolder if constant charging would hurt the Volt.
The Volt manual recommends that charging, regardless of state of charge is best. They recommend this to keep the temperature constant, via the battery coolant / heating system.
Jack Rickard brilliantly explains why the Volt is a tour de force, compared to the Leaf, a car that makes the owner worry about the battery.
Really good reading.
The last two sentences:
"So you see to maximize warranty exposure, the Volt ALREADY limits you to 80% at the top and 35% at the bottom. The result is you don't have to worry with it.
So drive the car normally, charge when you like, and don't worry about it."
Also, this is really interesting:
"All the lithium ion cells work best in the middle and worst at the extremes. A FULLY CHARGED cell is not necessarily a good thing in such cells. The ideal would be a 50% charged cell. If you would charge to 51% state of charge (SOC) and discharge to 49% SOC, the battery would essentially last for 100 years. All lithium ion cells are COMPLETELY intolerant of overcharge. It destroys them immediately. And they are COMPLETELY intolerant of overdischarge as well.
But in the case of the Volt, you just do not have to worry about it. They've taken care of it for you. "
Now you can understand why owners who have to monitor their own batteries, instead of a cooling / charging system, are at a disadvantage. Especially soccer mom's.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php...
What an awesome car. That's why the SAE named the Volt best engineered car in the world.
Jack Rickard's web site:
http://www.evtv.me/
Great article about the Volt and great link. Thank you for sharing this information.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6093 Aug 5, 2013
WARNING!!!

Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6094 Aug 5, 2013
Dominic wrote:
WARNING!!!
We all know the pole climber is just a gullible shill for the Volt, and is not to be believed most of time.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6095 Aug 5, 2013
LG Chem begins Mi. battery production.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/08/05/lg-...
World Class Schmuck

Windsor, Canada

#6096 Aug 5, 2013
Dominic wrote:
WARNING!!!
Well said, and I heartily encourage you to continue posting this.
It's needed.
I totally agree with your warnings.
Yes, there is a great deal of false, misleading, and alarmist rhetoric being posted here.
This forum is sinking from its own weight in lies, vulgarity, personal insults, and self serving propaganda.
That's the number one reason why I ceased any further involvement.
Keep up the good work.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6097 Aug 5, 2013
Root wrote:
LG Chem begins Mi. battery production.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/08/05/lg-...
With Volt sales in the dumper, no need to rush the battery plant into production.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6100 Aug 5, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
With Volt sales in the dumper, no need to rush the battery plant into production.
You forget to mention that Volt outsells everything in its class year after year. In fact, it is the number one seller year after year. So, for you to at minimum save just a little face you can admit not to me but to yourself that simple fact. Don't it suck?
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#6101 Aug 5, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You forget to mention that Volt outsells everything in its class year after year. In fact, it is the number one seller year after year. So, for you to at minimum save just a little face you can admit not to me but to yourself that simple fact. Don't it suck?
Doesn't change the fact that Volt sales are dismal, and GM can't be satisfied with that. But then again, maybe they don't care, it's only taxpayers money.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6102 Aug 5, 2013
WARNING!!

Posts above contain information which is false, misleading, and alarmist.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#6103 Aug 5, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't change the fact that Volt sales are dismal, and GM can't be satisfied with that. But then again, maybe they don't care, it's only taxpayers money.
As long as you admit they are number one. That is the fact that you will accept. It doesn’t matter if they sold two and the other boy sold one. Volt is number one, the top dog above everything else. That is what you will accept, all excuses aside. They did it right.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6104 Aug 5, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you admit they are number one. That is the fact that you will accept. It doesn’t matter if they sold two and the other boy sold one. Volt is number one, the top dog above everything else. That is what you will accept, all excuses aside. They did it right.

WARNING!!

The above post is an example of false and misleading information appearing in this forum.

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6105 Aug 5, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
Just saw the backseat of a Tesla on the side of I75.
WARNING!!

The above post is an example of false and misleading information appearing in this forum.
(it is impossible to see an event on I75 when a poster's ISP is in Texas)

Root

Shreveport, LA

#6106 Aug 5, 2013
This is a good example of your lack of knowledge about computers and the internet. An IP address is irrelevant. Someone in Bangkok can have an IP in Seattle Washington. An inbred hippie from Ontario can have an IP from New York. A homosexual transvestite in Toronto can have an IP in San Antonio Texas and you would not have a clue about it. These are the subtle hints that let us know you are an age behind and a dollar short. Of course if you had the wherewithal to stand behind what you say that would elevate your status and this forum to a new level. You don’t have that ability because you have an agenda. Enough said for now.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#6107 Aug 5, 2013
WARNING!!

The above post is an example of false and misleading activity by certain posters using deceptive tactics in this forum.
(Root has just confirmed that people here are hiding their IP addresses by using proxy servers. They do this to appear from different locations using different usernames. So it merely confirms that only one or two individuals are keeping the fires lit in this forum!)

VIEWER DISCRETION IS DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6108 Aug 5, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Great article about the Volt and great link. Thank you for sharing this information.
No problem. Not hard to find great articles about a great car.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6109 Aug 5, 2013
George W. Bush. Father of the modern electric car.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1060552_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Volvo Vcads 88890180 PTT software Free download (Jan '16) 22 hr hisfhj 19
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Wed jady 25
Mclaren MDS Diagnostic Tools Tester Mclaren D... Wed MYQQ3186645439 1
Vediamo 4.02.02 Software Free Download (Mar '16) Wed Ambrosio 2
mb star Xentry Installation Guide (Jul '11) Wed Ambrosio 7
BMW motor diagnosis & programming solutions Sep 26 lalaura 1
OBDSTAR F109 scanner special for SUZUKI with Im... Sep 25 uobd2 1
More from around the web