Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,251

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6043 Jul 31, 2013
And Toyota should be renamed Oldsmobile. Most of their customers are baby boomers and about to die. This is why the Prius ev is in such bad shape.
Over Priced Cruze

Trumbull, CT

#6044 Jul 31, 2013
Root wrote:
And Toyota should be renamed Oldsmobile. Most of their customers are baby boomers and about to die. This is why the Prius ev is in such bad shape.
You nailed it this time!
Joseph Goebbels

Trumbull, CT

#6045 Jul 31, 2013
OnStar is a very effective means of monitoring the Mindless Minions; I could have used it back in the fatherland.
Over Priced Cruze

Trumbull, CT

#6047 Jul 31, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>I can see it now the new commercial reads this is not your fathers Toyota. Talk about screwed. Toyota and all their liberal democrats are phucked.
I don't think I've seen a Camry driver under the age of 70; unless you include African taxi drivers in Boston.
Pete

Grandville, MI

#6048 Aug 1, 2013
Wifey says:
We all know that because they lack the technology...

BM clones the Toyotas for looks only...

what else sells.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6049 Aug 1, 2013
Enough about boring Toyota.
Dominic

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6050 Aug 1, 2013
Is Volt no longer in first place? Has Volt lost it's spark?
July sales figure are out. Leaf outsold Volt. 1864 Leafs versus 1788 Volts. Moreover, Leaf is ahead of Volt on a year to date basis.
Who woulda thunk.
Dominic

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6051 Aug 1, 2013
Jeez! Leaf has only been on the market for a year,and it's already blown right past Volt.
Who woulda thunk?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6052 Aug 1, 2013
I hope we can see Leaf take the yearly sales title from Volt, another car needs that title at some point. Sadly we wonít know if Leaf wins the sales title for 2013 until the end of December. For now congrats on the wonderful sales figures from all auto makers. Last but not least congratulations are in order for Leaf numbers. Exciting times!

Hopefully we can stick to the integrity this time, letís see how round 2000 goes. Walk that walk.
Dominic

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6053 Aug 1, 2013
Volt had it's heyday when it had the market all to itself. Now there are more and better players in the game, and more yet to be heard from.
Volt is rapidly becoming a has been. Leaf shows the way.
car expert

Bloomingdale, IL

#6054 Aug 1, 2013
Root wrote:
I hope we can see Leaf take the yearly sales title from Volt, another car needs that title at some point. Sadly we wonít know if Leaf wins the sales title for 2013 until the end of December. For now congrats on the wonderful sales figures from all auto makers. Last but not least congratulations are in order for Leaf numbers. Exciting times!
Hopefully we can stick to the integrity this time, letís see how round 2000 goes. Walk that walk.
Tesla is gonna be number one my friend.Leaf is crap volt is shit tesla is the future.FYI.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6055 Aug 1, 2013
car expert wrote:
<quoted text>Tesla is gonna be number one my friend.Leaf is crap volt is shit tesla is the future.FYI.
I would love for Tesla to be #1.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6057 Aug 1, 2013
Leaf owner. 2 cars. 2 insurance premiums. Mtc on 2 cars. Tires for 2 cars. Gas for 1 car.

Me. One car. Very little gas. No range anxiety.

My son is now achieving 47 miles at a full charge. His gas bill went from $345 a month to $45 charging costs. He paid $27,000 after tax, license, credits, etc. In 3 years he will save almost $10,000 on gas alone.

What an awesome car.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6058 Aug 1, 2013
My little city is one of the greenest cities in the country.†It was ranked 1st in the nation in 2010.†Besides alternative fuels, we use lots of natural gas.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/20...

When a natural gas rig explodes, there is almost no pollution.†This just happened last week.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/24/us/gulf-rig-exp...

Not like an oil rig that explodes.†Poor Thailand is going to take a real beating tourism wise from this ongoing oil spill. Dirty, stinky oil!

http://english.cri.cn/11354/2013/07/31/189s77...

The pollution my Volt †causes when driving and charging is almost nil.†

3 gas station visits in 19 months! What an awesome car.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6059 Aug 1, 2013
This is funny. Click on the "2 Volts gassing up.jpg" link.

I like the comments.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php...
Dominic

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6061 Aug 2, 2013
Obviously Tesla has become a major threat to Volt enthusiasts. So much so that they now have to post ridiculous lies and make up preposterous stories about the car. Success always has a few misguided detractors.
Who woulda thunk.
Dominic

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6062 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>Sounds like you're doing well. The only thing holding Tesla back other than the backseat falling out is the weight you have to push when the battery dies.
Why are you so afraid of Tesla? Too bad you're so intimidated by its outstanding success that you have to post these ridiculous lies. Or is it just because you hate to see success when you're such a failure?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6064 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>Noticed a few of the comments said the S looks similar to a jag. I agree with that. Good sight
Funny you said that. I was in a parking lot and checked one over and it does look like a Jaguar. They sold an estimated 700 this month. Looks like the back orders are now complete.

Here are the ev sales totals.

http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/...
Dominic

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6066 Aug 2, 2013
WARNING!!

The above post contains false, misleading, and alarmist material.

Viewer discretion is required.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6067 Aug 2, 2013
Root wrote:
Strange comment, but Volt is #1.
It's dolt. He forgot that this is a Volt forum. He also thinks repetitive "judging" and using multiple personas is going to impress someone.

I guess he has to be more forceful now that his Canadian buddy is taking a breather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man charged with murder in Craigslist case 1 hr interesting 2
Original Launch X431 iDiag Multi-Language 11 hr Liliflower 6
NASCARs Brian France says new manufacturers cou... 16 hr Whoyakidding 2
vdm ucandas (Jan '14) Tue Tim H 8
How To Replace IKEYCUTTER CONDOR XC-007 Mainboard Tue yellowbend 1
GM Problems - Are You Having Problems With Your... (Aug '08) Sun Sonny Swiney 380
First drive: 2015 Chrysler 300 Jan 25 Mr California 3
More from around the web