Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6017 Jul 29, 2013
Yesroh wrote:
What's the point in saving gas if you pay twice as much for a car? I purchased a V-6 Accord in 1998, when gas prices were dirt cheap--about $1 a gallon. It's rated at 21.6mpg average but when prices went up, instead of paying $41000 for a new car, I started hypermiling and have averaged 29.6mpg for the past 3 1/2 years, with the same car! V-6 performance if I need it, Honda Civic gas mileage, and a pretty nice family car to boot. If people really cared so much about gas mileage, they'd slow down and watch how they drive, like I've been doing now for 3 1/2 years. I've saved about $550 a year on gas but if I'd purchased a Volt, I would have a $41,000+ bill staring me down. I could buy a house with that much money. Whatever happened to fuel efficient vehicles that were designed to be affordable? The Honda Civic VX, the Geo Metro? Why pay $41,000 to save $1500 a year on gas?
Dude, we hashed this out long ago. Go visit KBB's 5 year cost of ownership and compare the volt to your gas guzzler. Or go back and read the posts.

Just don't be too shocked. And that is before the credits are factored in.

My Volt is paid for. No car payment starring me in the face.

My son paid $27,000 for his volt ......out the door, after credits. Even KBB says that the average Volt buyer is paying less than $38,000 before credits. In CA, that comes to $29,000. That's before the recent $5,000 discount GM offered.

Why would you care what I drive? I don't care what you drive. I will never understand you haters being obsessed with another persons car. Enjoy your Honda. OK?

Volt owners enjoy their car more than any owners of any other car in history.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#6018 Jul 29, 2013
John-Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, he"s just an irrelevant old fart with an overly inflated opinion of hisself.
Himself. You wrote hisself.
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6019 Jul 30, 2013
Hisself or himself is nothing more than an irrelevant old fart with an overblown sense of his own importance. His mud isn't all that good. None of it sticks to the wall. But he keeps on slinging it anyway. Too funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#6020 Jul 30, 2013
The obamamobile is the #1 subsidy has been...

as it doesn't get much more than 30 miles before requiring a full recharge...

that takes a full day to do on a 220volt charger.

Even It's little sister Spark is a better choice...

and the Nissan Leaf is Better yet.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#6021 Jul 30, 2013
Pete wrote:

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and let's not forget the Toyota Prius is the best selling Hybrid in the world.

Too Funny.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6022 Jul 30, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
My son paid $27,000 for his volt ......out the door, after Welfare. Even KBB says that the average Volt buyer is paying less than $38,000 before welfare. In CA, that comes to $29,000. That's before the recent $5,000 discount GM offered.
Volt owners enjoy their car more than any owners of any other car in history.
Welfare Motors offering $5,000 discount on a car they're already losing money on; Hmmm. Owning a Volt is never having to drive friends or relatives.
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6023 Jul 30, 2013
Luvmyvolt volt says: "Economics may not be my specialty, but sticking to a subject is."

Well I certainly agree with the first part. Economics definitely isn't your long suit pal. That goes for basic math as well. Seems like your best three years at school were grade three.
Regarding sticking to a subject, I'll give you credit for that. But did it ever enter your mind that constantly blowing your own horn is getting a little boring?
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6024 Jul 30, 2013
Iluvmyvolt's creed: "I'm Iluvmyvolt, and you're not".
Typical irrelevant old fart's excuse to sling mud. Makes him feel relevant. Trouble is, not much of it sticks. It's just plain old mud. All he does is dirty up the wall.
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6025 Jul 30, 2013
For The Self Professed Economic Einstein--IluvmyVolt:

"The rosier-than-expected near-term projections do not change the fact that rising health care costs, an aging population, Social Security's looming insolvency, and ever-increasing interest payments will greatly expand the national debt as a share of the economy starting at the end of the current decade," said Maya MacGuineas, head of the Campaign to Fix the Debt, a bipartisan organization that advocates for long-term debt reduction, in a Tuesday statement."

Hey genius, this quote is from your "our economy is just great" link. Maybe next time you should read the whole piece before sticking your foot in your mouth.
Did you ever get past grade three BTW?
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6026 Jul 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Wifey says:
That's very true...
and let's not forget the Toyota Prius is the best selling Hybrid in the world.
Too Funny.
And they sell a hundred thousand of them in a month.
Volt hasn't sold more than fifty thousand in three years.
Toyota is number one in the world this year so far. Again.
John-Q

Brooklyn, NY

#6027 Jul 30, 2013
One of the main reasons this country is in such an economic mess is because taxes are too high!
Taxes too high and spending is too high. And it's getting worse.
My knowledge of economics needs to go beyond the propaganda I merely surf the net for.
Frankly, I haven't got a clue.
Go back and read the links I posted in their entirety before making such ridiculous claims.

John Q-Queer
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6028 Jul 30, 2013
So we all agree conservative Volt is the #1 sales champ year after year. I hope we will see another car take that title at some point. Will this be the year? Exciting times!
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6029 Jul 30, 2013
Hey as$$wipe, that makes it the 48th time you've posted exactly the same thing.
Trying for a Guinness record, or what? Did it ever enter your tiny little mind that nobody really gives a sh-t any more about you or your compulsive attempts to dominate this topic.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6030 Jul 30, 2013
No need to lose your cool Q. Iím happy to see the Conservative Volt in the #1 position. I will cheer on the next car that makes it to that pinnacle too. Voltís had that position for long enough. Who do you think it will be next, Leaf, Tesla, Cmax?
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6031 Jul 30, 2013
Root wrote:
No need to lose your cool Q. Iím happy to see the Conservative Volt in the #1 position. I will cheer on the next car that makes it to that pinnacle too. Voltís had that position for long enough. Who do you think it will be next, Leaf, Tesla, Cmax?
49 times and counting. I guess when you're a loser, you have to keep telling yourself you're not. FWIW, you're wasting your time. Losers are just, well, losers. Not much you can do about it. But keep trying. Someday, somebody may come along and fall for your swill.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6032 Jul 30, 2013
Q, itís no big deal. Just relax and be happy. Iíve learned that negativity is caused by deep seated fear. Are you afraid of the Volt?
John-Q

Saginaw, MI

#6033 Jul 31, 2013
The problem here isn't about Volt per se.. It's about a few individuals like Root who treat these forums like tinpot dictatorships. It's their way or the highway, and open debate is apparently not allowed. Cutesy little tricks, mainly faking names, are used to keep discussions on a one way street. There are only two themes allowed, one being everyone must swear allegiance to Volt, and the other being everyone must participate in Toyota bashing.
Any semblance of reality is purely coincidental.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6034 Jul 31, 2013
Strange comment, but Volt is #1.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#6035 Jul 31, 2013
John-Q wrote:
For The Self Professed Economic Einstein--IluvmyVolt:
"The rosier-than-expected near-term projections do not change the fact that rising health care costs, an aging population, Social Security's looming insolvency, and ever-increasing interest payments will greatly expand the national debt as a share of the economy starting at the end of the current decade," said Maya MacGuineas, head of the Campaign to Fix the Debt, a bipartisan organization that advocates for long-term debt reduction, in a Tuesday statement."
Hey genius, this quote is from your "our economy is just great" link. Maybe next time you should read the whole piece before sticking your foot in your mouth.
Did you ever get past grade three BTW?
Abrham Lincoln had fools like iluvmyVolt in mind when he said this:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#6037 Jul 31, 2013

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
swapping wheel hubs from a 88 chevy 4th to 92 c... Sat joe pat 92 1
(NEW) Do you know ALLSCANNER VXDIAG A3 better t... Apr 21 Jerry523 4
How to update VCM2 firmware & Ford IDS software... Apr 20 uobd2 2
Why I choose MB SD C4 MUX+ V2017.03 Xentry+ Len... Apr 19 eobdtool 1
Volvo V70 Airbag Warning after Seat Removal, ho... Apr 19 Ambrosio 1
Vas504a ODIS 4.0.0 review: Odis v4 Windows 10 N... Apr 17 eobdtool 1
Newest VAS 5054A with ODIS 3.0.1 (Feb '16) Apr 17 eobdtool 5
More from around the web