Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#5970 Jul 24, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Bet that's why most people go with the Volt.
That’s the beauty of the conservative Volt and one of the main reasons it took so many years to get it right and finally to market. It’s one of the most important things to the driver. This is why it is the undisputed sales champion three years running. I hope one of these other cars will be able to earn that title someday.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#5972 Jul 24, 2013
This topic is about the phoniest on the site. One or two hacks trolling hard trying to keep it alive with trivia. Meaningless trivia is all they offer.
The Volts a Drag

Newtown, CT

#5973 Jul 24, 2013
Hey iluvmyVolt, you do any drag racing today? Maybe lined up against a Leaf this time. LOL
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5975 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>You are a Canadian so it makes sense that your panties are twisted over one little car doing what it does best. Pissinng of little Canadian smucks that wear panties is not that hard because you have such small balls. Come to think about it, your whole country only has one ball.
No no no, that’s no Canadian. That’s just an internet troll looking for a laugh.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5977 Jul 25, 2013
I posted this link once before. Something I usually don't do. But the subject of the Volt having very good response when leaving a light is covered very nicely by this Tesla S / Chevy Volt owner.

From the link:

"But you know what? In normal real-world driving, the Volt in Sport mode feels nearly as peppy and responsive as the Tesla. More so, in some circumstances.

While the Volt has only half the power of the Tesla, it puts out only a bit less peak torque (273 lb-ft to the Tesla's 317 lb-ft). Adjust for the Volt's lighter weight (3780 lbs vs. 4650 lbs for the Model S), and the Volt actually has a better torque-to-weight ratio.

And because of its more aggressive low-end throttle mapping in Sport mode, the Volt actually feels more responsive pulling away from a traffic light than the Tesla."

(End of page 1, cont'd on page 2))

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084138_t...

I can attest to that. When in Sport Mode, the car feels like it's going to do a very fast 0 - 60. But then the limiters kick in. It's GM's way of saying, "Hey! This is an eco car!!"

But it does beat an automatic Elantra easily. It's almost as fast as the manual Elantra.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5978 Jul 25, 2013
I finally found the link to this article. While it is an old article, it just shows what is coming down the pipe.

http://www.greenoptimistic.com/2009/01/09/new...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5979 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>Whatever it is I still think it only has one ball.
Some people have to hate.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5980 Jul 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5981 Jul 25, 2013
The spark charges much faster than most electrics.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/05/24/chevy-spa...
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#5982 Jul 25, 2013
Some time ago, another Canadian poster wrote an interesting comment. It went something like this: "It never ceases to amaze how a couple of US trolls have so much fear of, and are so intimidated by Canadians, that all they have to offer are gross personal insults. Pathetic!
I find that comment most appropriate, and it applies directly to the two most prominent folks who seem to appear most often. Or is it just one person playing games with Verizon. I think so.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#5983 Jul 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I posted this link once before. Something I usually don't do. But the subject of the Volt having very good response when leaving a light is covered very nicely by this Tesla S / Chevy Volt owner.
From the link:
"But you know what? In normal real-world driving, the Volt in Sport mode feels nearly as peppy and responsive as the Tesla. More so, in some circumstances.
While the Volt has only half the power of the Tesla, it puts out only a bit less peak torque (273 lb-ft to the Tesla's 317 lb-ft). Adjust for the Volt's lighter weight (3780 lbs vs. 4650 lbs for the Model S), and the Volt actually has a better torque-to-weight ratio.
And because of its more aggressive low-end throttle mapping in Sport mode, the Volt actually feels more responsive pulling away from a traffic light than the Tesla."
(End of page 1, cont'd on page 2))
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084138_t...
I can attest to that. When in Sport Mode, the car feels like it's going to do a very fast 0 - 60. But then the limiters kick in. It's GM's way of saying, "Hey! This is an eco car!!"
But it does beat an automatic Elantra easily. It's almost as fast as the manual Elantra.
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
GM did an outstanding job with the Volt.
Pete

Jenison, MI

#5984 Jul 25, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>GM did an outstanding job with the Volt.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

NOT...

after all they never pay any sales taxes to this day...

any of their debts or payback anything that's been keeping them afloat these past few years...

spelled "B-A-I-L-O-U-t"...

nor do they ever plan to.

yet they still claim a quarterly profit!?

Too Funny.
Pete

Jenison, MI

#5985 Jul 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
That's very true...

NOT...

after all they never pay any sales taxes to this day...

any of their debts or payback anything that's been keeping them afloat these past few years...

spelled "B-A-I-L-O-U-t"...

nor do they ever plan to.

yet they still claim a quarterly profit!?

Too Funny.
That's very true...

and it sounds just like someone with NONADS talking.

Too Funny.
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#5986 Jul 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true...
and it sounds just like someone with NONADS talking.
Too Funny.
Your wife is right on, the Volt is nothing more than a scam on the US taxpayer.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5988 Jul 26, 2013
Same here, the Conservative Volt is a great car. It has earned top repsects from everyone and is the top sales champion three yeas running. I am looking forward for another car to win that title at some point.
Over Price Cruze

Newtown, CT

#5989 Jul 26, 2013
Root wrote:
Same here, the Conservative Volt is a great car. It has earned top repsects from everyone and is the top sales champion three yeas running. I am looking forward for another car to win that title at some point.
That would send the drag racing dweeb over the edge.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5990 Jul 26, 2013
Over Price Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
That would send the drag racing dweeb over the edge.
You forgot to add the d to overpriced that time.
Electric Fueled Funny Car

Newtown, CT

#5991 Jul 26, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to add the d to overpriced that time.
That's Root. I have so many different screen names, I screw them up sometimes.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5992 Jul 26, 2013
No prob..
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#5993 Jul 26, 2013
Wifey says:
Just in case anyone is still talking about the obamamobile...

as it's just as phoney as its' namesake...

and being #1 of subsidies...

and both are known as "The Bail out Kings" ...

that makes them the only true phonies on the block.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family of teen shot by cop settles lawsuit for ... 5 hr Deb 6
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Thu BIM GUY 246
V4.1 SuperOBD SKP900 update software download Jun 22 car-diagnostic-tool 2
VVDI 2 V1.1.5 software for VAG BMW Porsche key ... Jun 22 Ambrosio 1
How to use IKEYCUTTER CONDOR XC-007 Master Seri... Jun 22 car-diagnostic-tool 2
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Jun 21 bonehead67 285
Replace a Hub Bearing on a Chevy Blazer Jun 21 Andybaby 1
More from around the web