Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
5,501 - 5,520 of 9,213 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
Any person that hasnít been behind the wheel of a Volt should certainly try it. They are a blast to drive and very peppy.
I have and it is incredible. The car, the total package is great. That in my opinion is why it is #1.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Lets get a video of the exterior of that Volt.
Had this up before. 3 Volts in one neighborhood. The first Volt is my son's. The second Volt belongs to the couple across the street from my Mom. The third Volt is mine.

The other short clips are of my Volt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Phantompay wrote:
<quoted text>Slow down Volt Master. I know about the subsidies and where they came from. You got the wrong man. Volt is good.
I didn't mean to imply that you were a hater. Haters keep repeating the same thing over and over that there are billions still coming down the pipe in the form of subsidies for these types of cars.

You can see one of the haters comment on this page that there are "bottomless" subsidies.

The whole bill for all of electrics and plug in's was $11 per person. Paid for long before this hater was old enough to pay taxes.

Toooooo funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Phantompay wrote:
<quoted text>Slow down Volt Master. I know about the subsidies and where they came from. You got the wrong man. Volt is good.
Oh, and you can see another comment about welfare payments for these cars.

A. He forgets that all plug in's get the same credits.

B. Those are the purchaser's taxes that they get in return. Nobody elses.

C. His Hyundai is subsidized by American tax dollars. That's a real subsidy.

Too funny.

http://www.reflectivepundit.com/reflectivepun...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true...
it's also a well known fact that the domestics will be right behind...
when mootown goes bankrupt...
(as soon as friday).
Too Funny.
whi
Why do you hate the USA? You should try serving your country so you can get an appreciation for where you live.

People like you are a stain on the American flag.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Consumer Reports likes the Chevy Spark.

Welfare H8er

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate the USA? You should try serving your country so you can get an appreciation for where you live.
People like you are a stain on the American flag.
Who the hell do you think you are? What a dope!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Had this up before. 3 Volts in one neighborhood. The first Volt is my son's. The second Volt belongs to the couple across the street from my Mom. The third Volt is mine.
The other short clips are of my Volt.
Very nice, I think the Volt is the best looking car in its segment. Thanks for sharing.

BTW - Doltpete is the same person.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Very nice, I think the Volt is the best looking car in its segment. Thanks for sharing.
BTW - Doltpete is the same person.
Naw ... Pete and Dolt are two different people. Dolt has multiple personalities. Like the guy from N.Y.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

One crazy (and fast) electric car. The video is kind of long, so if you just want to see it scoot, fast forward to the last minute.

Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

GM CEO forms team to monitor Tesla:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-forms-team-to-...
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Translation: if Tesla takes off it will be purchased by Mercedes or toyota. Akerson doesnít want to lose the competitive edge.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I think GM should have done this in the 80's. It's very smart to know and understand your competition.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I think the real reason is that Volt has turned out to be a dog. Tesla is a sexy car that can run circles around Volt. GM realizes that and wants to learn why Tesla is so much better.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Not going to happen soon with Mercedes. They have their own contender coming out soon.
Good point never thought of that. They are trying to enter and I bet some will buy what they offer. I have a sneaky suspicion that Volt's unmatched success in this field will continue. They are working on the next Volt now and I bet it moves even faster. I'm glad they did so well with the original Volt but now it is aging. It would be nice if someone could out do it for at least a year.
observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Good point never thought of that. They are trying to enter and I bet some will buy what they offer. I have a sneaky suspicion that Volt's unmatched success in this field will continue. They are working on the next Volt now and I bet it moves even faster. I'm glad they did so well with the original Volt but now it is aging. It would be nice if someone could out do it for at least a year.
I got news for ya little rooty.GM is stopping production of the chevy cruise for four years and revamping it and the new cruise will out sell volts by a million miles pal.So fasten your seat belt kid its gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!!
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

observer wrote:
<quoted text>I got news for ya little rooty.GM is stopping production of the chevy cruise for four years and revamping it and the new cruise will out sell volts by a million miles pal.So fasten your seat belt kid its gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!!
Wifey says:
With obamamobile being first in rentals...

and second in sales to the cruse ...

it's that other Mexican car...

that appeals the the illegals mostly.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
With obamamobile being first in rentals...

and second in sales to the cruse ...

it's that other Mexican car...

that appeals the the illegals mostly.

Too Funny.
The Fed continues to provide financial stimulus by buying $85 billion a month in government and mortgage bonds and other long-term low rates...

and with the national debt at $16.7 trillion...

That it can't afford to keep the" bail outs" open.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I look forward to someone stepping up and getting the number one position from the Volt. Sooner or later one of these other cars can do it.
observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>It's bound to happen someday.
Tesla will soon be bought by millions folks.Volts are overpriced pieces of crap.FYI.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••