Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Pete

Byron Center, MI

#5942 Jul 20, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text>I got news for ya little rooty.GM is stopping production of the chevy cruise for four years and revamping it and the new cruise will out sell volts by a million miles pal.So fasten your seat belt kid its gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!!
Wifey says:
With obamamobile being first in rentals...

and second in sales to the cruse ...

it's that other Mexican car...

that appeals the the illegals mostly.

Too Funny.
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#5943 Jul 20, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
With obamamobile being first in rentals...

and second in sales to the cruse ...

it's that other Mexican car...

that appeals the the illegals mostly.

Too Funny.
The Fed continues to provide financial stimulus by buying $85 billion a month in government and mortgage bonds and other long-term low rates...

and with the national debt at $16.7 trillion...

That it can't afford to keep the" bail outs" open.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5945 Jul 21, 2013
I look forward to someone stepping up and getting the number one position from the Volt. Sooner or later one of these other cars can do it.
observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#5947 Jul 21, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>It's bound to happen someday.
Tesla will soon be bought by millions folks.Volts are overpriced pieces of crap.FYI.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5948 Jul 21, 2013
I hope so. Tesla is an awesome American company and I hope they sell millions of cars. It would be great for this technology to be spread over many cars. Volt needs to share its success with Tesla. Hopefully Tesla will be able to follow GMís footsteps and outsell everyone in the market one year. Could this be the year? Itís really exciting!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5950 Jul 22, 2013
BMW will price the i3 Electric at $41,350.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#5952 Jul 22, 2013
It is a good car and I bet those boys will eat it up like a canadian dog eater.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5953 Jul 22, 2013
Phantompay wrote:
It's so exciting to see these cars coming out. I hope for two things. One that someone will be able to sell as many cars as GM has Volts and fuel cells really take off.
dr fill

Rolling Meadows, IL

#5954 Jul 22, 2013
Phantompay wrote:
Hey dude you got a face like one of them pug dogs.Do you have a hard time breathing?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5955 Jul 22, 2013
Here is something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Kind of like everything the haters put out.

I notice that you aren't even responding to the haters here. Keep it up. As I stated, that is their worst fear.

Anyway ... this is pretty funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5956 Jul 22, 2013
My next car. This is cool.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5957 Jul 22, 2013
Speaking of which. In Jay Leno's Garage, while reviewing the Cadillac ELR, it is mentioned that the same electric range can be achieved in Sport Mode as in Normal Mode if you drive the car normally.

The difference would be when you need the extra pep to go around (or race a Prius), it is already on. I'm going to try it for a couple of days and I will report.

That is mentioned at 11 minutes in the video. And by the way, Root, Jay Leno mentioned the fact that the Leaf batteries are subject to degradation because they are not liquid cooled. That begins at 13:22.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5958 Jul 22, 2013
I still have my leather Cadillac jacket I purchased from St. Clair Cadillac. I'll be able to use it again.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5959 Jul 22, 2013
Something funny happened to me today.

Saw one of those sport model Prius (Prii?).

The owner had put on some nice sounding pipes. He was mashing the pedal so the car would go to gas so it would sound nice.

He was testing me at the lights.

I put it in sport mode and dusted him.

He turned off at the next light.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5962 Jul 23, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The owner had put on some nice sounding pipes. He was mashing the pedal so the car would go to gas so it would sound nice.
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
Why would someone try to race in a prius?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5963 Jul 23, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Why would someone try to race in a prius?
Same can be said for the Volt. I would never race a 6 banger. I ain't that crazy.

The reason why people state that the Volt feels fast is because you have to give it much less pedal to get the same torque when taking off from a light.

You have to learn to use less pedal. But when you mash it, it's no speed burner because of the limiters. It's pretty quick though. But it cruise nice at 75.

You may remember this video. A Volt going 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. This guy disconnected most of the limiters. Hope he never has to use his warranty. His 5.5 second run is at 4:20.

Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#5964 Jul 23, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
The Great America Dolt Race!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5966 Jul 23, 2013
HOW THE DOLT GOT HIS NAME.

In December, 2011, Lauren Fix had the gall to go on Fox News (aka Faux) and give her review of the Chevy Volt. She lied through her teeth, just like most of those Faux "reporters" do.

She stated that she had the car for 1 week. She said that her electric bill went up $100 because of the Volt. IN ONE WEEK!!

She was getting called out on this huge lie by so many people, on so many forums that she had to turn off the comments on most of her videos.

Here is her video. She tells this whopper at 4:10.

The video is entitled "Chevy Volt Sales or Dolt".

This is a video I put up as a response, proving that this woman could never have run up a $100 charging bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You would have to be a fool to believe her after seeing my video.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5967 Jul 23, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't that electric Prius only have like 60 hp or something?
I don't know all the specs on that car. I do know it only gets about 11 miles in electric.

Even then, it is not a true series hybrid, like the Volt. It is a plug in parallel hybrid. That is why the car will still revert to gas when you floor it, in spite of the fact that there is still a charge on the battery.

Being a series hybrid, you can floor the Volt and go 100 mph until the battery is depleted.
The Volts a Drag

Florham Park, NJ

#5968 Jul 24, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a series hybrid, you can floor the Volt and go 100 mph until the battery is depleted.
Then what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fcar F502 HD Hand-held Heavy Duty Truck Code Re... 12 hr jimmyLIN 1
what is the meaning of Auto Diagnostic Tool for... (Aug '12) 13 hr uobd2 7
MPPS V21 Firmware 1.09.03 Updated 16 hr uobd2 1
SKP1000 , Is this an upgraded version of SK900&... 18 hr uobd2 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Tue One phartse 4
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... Tue tuita 2
How to use BDM frame aluminium Mon jimmyLIN 3
More from around the web