Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Prometheus

Manassas, VA

#5545 Jul 3, 2013
My book is now available on Amazon for $2.99. Get it for you kindle. Prometheus Insurrection Erection

http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Insurrection...
Prometheus

Canada

#5546 Jul 3, 2013
Contrary to the imposter from Man Asses who also calls himself Prometheus, this Prometheus is not buying a Volt, nor has this Prometheus published a vulgar and offensive book.

All this Prometheus has done is drawn attention to the consistently misleading hype by Volt enthusiasts.

Volt is indeed a technological accomplishment and a glimpse of the future.

But, like its EV brethren, Volt has not sold well.

Volt has not met sales expectations, and in fact has fallen far short of the targets GM set for it at its inauguration.

GM recently added massive incentives to try to boost Volt sales, with only limited success.

At the present time, and likely for the foreseeable future, Volt will continue to reside in a niche market.

And that, friends, is the undeniable truth.

All protestations to the contrary (including gross insults and username cloning) cannot refute that fact.
Prometheus

Canada

#5547 Jul 3, 2013
Dominic wrote:
Is this Root character for real? Is he full of crap or just full of himself?
All of the above.
When did you first realize that?
Prometheus

Canada

#5548 Jul 3, 2013
Amazing that some US folks here have so much fear of, and are so intimidated by one Canadian poster that they can only offer vulgarity, profanity, and username cloning as an excuse.
Pathetic.

Also amazing to learn that Volt is being outsold by more than 50% of all cars sold in the USA.
So much promise, so little to show for it.
Disappointing.
Prometheus

Canada

#5550 Jul 3, 2013
Post 5549.....

Typical commentary by a low life who is utterly incapable of any form of intelligent discourse.

And who obviously cannot deal maturely with news about Volt's lacklustre sales results, so he has nothing to offer but sleaze.

Amazing that some US folks here have so much fear of, and are so intimidated by one Canadian poster that they can only offer vulgarity, profanity, and username cloning as an excuse.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5551 Jul 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell you the truth, I haven't read any of the hater's posts for about 15 pages. I just post links and things about EV's in general.
I do state preemptive responses because I know how they will respond to my posts.
How do I know? Because I have read their responses about 100 times.
I know they will post something responding to this post, but ... who cares?
You should give it a try. It really ends up being the same thing except you just skim over their names. Nothing new is being said ... right? Let me know if anything new was said by the haters in the last 15 pages.(I already know the answer).
You will find nothing but links posted by me. No responses to them.
Read post # 5513 on page 263 by Phantomplay. Truer words were never spoken.
OK ... just a thought.
Iíve always believed that under all the rhetoric and revulsion most people have an inner core that really is good. If you are polite and reasonable, sometimes you can break through the rough edges tap into the good in people. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnít. Iíve found that if there is an agenda, sometimes the person just continues the outlandish behavior. Itís always worth a try.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5552 Jul 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
A total of 18 (and actually more) plug in's sold in the USA. Volt has 1/4 of that market.
Awesome!
Scion IQ EV / Honda FIT EV / Fiat 500E / Mitsubishi i / Smart E / BMW Active E / Ford CMAX / Ford Energi / Ford Focus E / Nissan Leaf / Chevy Volt / Tesla S / Tesla Roadster / Toyota Prius Plug In / Toyota RAV 4 / Coda / Fisker Karma .... and about 3 others.
I never realized Volt was doing that well. If you had told me three years ago that conservative Volt which is a niche vehicle would be selling the kind of numbers it does and Ė and Ė be the undisputed sales champion year after year, I would say sure pull my leg. Now fast forward and find this car is outselling (or underselling for the pessimist whichever side of the coin you fall pessimist or optimist) 50% of the cars in the most lucrative market in the world, is one of the most exciting things we could witness.

Itís only getting better with the fuel cell cars on the way.

Good things for all.
Prometheus

Canada

#5553 Jul 3, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Iíve always believed that under all the rhetoric and revulsion most people have an inner core that really is good. If you are polite and reasonable, sometimes you can break through the rough edges tap into the good in people. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnít. Iíve found that if there is an agenda, sometimes the person just continues the outlandish behavior. Itís always worth a try.
You have preached a decent sermon.

But you consistently fail miserably in the execution of it.

Try practising that which you preach.

Outlandish behaviour has historically been your purview.( vulgarity, personal insults, username cloning, among many other silly tactics)

So far at least, it's proved to be meaningless and has had no effect.

Until such time as you cease your charades, you will continue as a fool's folly.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5554 Jul 3, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I never realized Volt was doing that well. If you had told me three years ago that conservative Volt which is a niche vehicle would be selling the kind of numbers it does and Ė and Ė be the undisputed sales champion year after year, I would say sure pull my leg. Now fast forward and find this car is outselling (or underselling for the pessimist whichever side of the coin you fall pessimist or optimist) 50% of the cars in the most lucrative market in the world, is one of the most exciting things we could witness.
Itís only getting better with the fuel cell cars on the way.
Good things for all.
If Volt sales are up 50% does that mean the whole market got bigger or did they take market away from the other players?
Prometheus

Canada

#5555 Jul 3, 2013
Predictions........

Fuel cell technology will soon trump today's EVs.
This will become a practical reality within two years.

EV sales will continue in a sluggish niche market category for at least 2 to3 more years.
And then existing EV technology will be phased out.

Volt, as it currently exists will continue mired in lacklustre sales.
And Voltec technology will become history when fuel cell products debut.

And the lowlifes here, afraid of a single Canadian poster who challenges their hype, will continue to post their pathetic vulgarity because they're incapable of dealing otherwise with his challenges.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5556 Jul 3, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>If Volt sales are up 50% does that mean the whole market got bigger or did they take market away from the other players?
Volt sales were up 53.3% and itís a little of both. The market keeps getting bigger so lets hope it continues to grow. There are many good cars out there that still have their day in the sun. With fuel cells on the horizon it will only get better.

Iíll be away for a time today out doing volunteer work for the common good. Be kind to all and always remember to be positive and walk a straight line. Peace and love to all.
Prometheus

Canada

#5557 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>If Volt sales are up 50% does that mean the whole market got bigger or did they take market away from the other players?
A "Little" of both.

The action word is "Little".
The EV market is "Little", unfortunately.

Volt sales for June rose 1600 units.
That's a "Little", but 50% better than May.
Underwhelming to say the least.

Overall EV sales are also up a "Little"
39,000 units YTD.
That's up a "Little" from same period in 2012.
Still underwhelming, unfortunately.

Would like to see better news, but it isn't happening.
Not yet, anyway.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5558 Jul 3, 2013
Thanks for the information. I'm happy to see all the progress in this field.
Stupid Bastard Canada

Fremont, CA

#5559 Jul 3, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
A "Little" of both.
The action word is "Little".
The EV market is "Little", unfortunately.
Volt sales for June rose 1600 units.
That's a "Little", but 50% better than May.
Underwhelming to say the least.
Overall EV sales are also up a "Little"
39,000 units YTD.
That's up a "Little" from same period in 2012.
Still underwhelming, unfortunately.
Would like to see better news, but it isn't happening.
Not yet, anyway.
What a douche. Little, little, little. The whole market is exploding. Get some new glasses and fast.
Prometheus

Canada

#5560 Jul 3, 2013
Post 5559.......

Hi Luvmyvolt.
Not very nice language.
You need to clean up your act.
How was the mileage driving over to Fremont and back to Santa Clara?
car expert

Lake Zurich, IL

#5561 Jul 3, 2013
Well folks tesla is now talking to the obama adminasrtation about selling their cars directly to the consumer at a lower cost.Not like the scum sucking big dealers that ripp people off man!!!!
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5562 Jul 3, 2013
They will do good with obama but they can't have anymore recalls. The record with the roadster wasn't good and now if you bang a honey in the backseat it will fall apart. Or if your Prometheus and doing another man, there's no idea what could happen. Backseat drops and all of a sudden Prometheus is in the hospital getting stitched up and the Tesla is in the shop.
Prometheus

Canada

#5563 Jul 3, 2013
They will do good with obama but they can't have anymore recalls. The record with the roadster wasn't good and now if you bang a honey in the backseat it will fall apart. Or if your Prometheus and doing another man, there's no idea what could happen. Backseat drops and all of a sudden Prometheus is in the hospital getting stitched up and the Tesla is in the shop.
Do you continually suffer from homophobic thoughts and fantasies, or do you just get homophobic impulses like you just posted because you're incapable of interacting maturely with others.
Either way, these symptoms point to a profound sexual dysfunction.
Help Is available in situations like yours.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5564 Jul 3, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you continually suffer from homophobic thoughts and fantasies, or do you just get homophobic impulses like you just posted because you're incapable of interacting maturely with others.
Either way, these symptoms point to a profound sexual dysfunction.
Help Is available in situations like yours.
You can't help me. I like women.
Prometheus

Canada

#5565 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>You can't help me. I like women.
The way you consistently express yourself in dealing with others is the window to your erotic fantasies.
Try as you may, you can't deny or disguise your homophobic impulses.
Homophobia is treatable. You can get help.
The first step is for you to recognize you have a problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Fri Firm Confirm 4
News NHTSA opening probe into Ford Freestar/Mercury ... (Jan '10) Feb 7 Cars 22
OBDSTAR H110 VS Xhorse VVDI2 , Which better Feb 4 FMPC001 1
What programmer to read VAG Bcm2 on bench? Jan 29 Ambrosio 1
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Jan 29 jimmyLIN 25
News Manhattan could become first U.S. city to levy ... Jan 29 Louie from the pier 3
Foxwell NT510 multi-system scanner user feedback (May '16) Jan 25 tuita 3
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Jan '18 OBD2TOOL 6
More from around the web