Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
5,161 - 5,180 of 9,217 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5504 Jul 2, 2013
Congrats to the conservative Volt with a wonderful sales increase of 53.3%.
Prometheus

Canada

#5505 Jul 2, 2013
Root, be assured are no "other words", nor are there any hidden meanings in what I said.

Here it is again. Please read slowly:....

"I choose only to respond to questions from trustworthy and honest individuals.
I prefer dealing with people who conduct themselves with integrity."

Please leave me out of any and all of your postings. Thanks.
Prometheus

Canada

#5506 Jul 2, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
The Volt is a total scam!
BERKELEY, Calif., July 1 (UPI)-- Electric cars, despite their supposed green credentials, are among the environmentally dirtiest transportation options, a U.S. researcher suggests.
Writing in the journal IEEE Spectrum, researcher Ozzie Zehner says electric cars lead to hidden environmental and health damages and are likely more harmful than gasoline cars and other transportation options.
Electric cars merely shift negative impacts from one place to another, he wrote, and "most electric-car assessments analyze only the charging of the car. This is an important factor indeed. But a more rigorous analysis would consider the environmental impacts over the vehicle's entire life cycle, from its construction through its operation and on to its eventual retirement at the junkyard."
Political priorities and corporate influence have created a flawed impression that electric cars significantly reduce transportation impacts, he said.
"Upon closer consideration, moving from petroleum-fueled vehicles to electric cars starts to appear tantamount to shifting from one brand of cigarettes to another," Zehner, a visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley, said.
Zehner, once an electric car enthusiast who has since changed his position and become an activist looking at a number of so-called green initiatives, is the author of the book "Green Illusions."
http://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/renewables/un...
Interesting take on a controversial subject.
Coal fired electrical generating facilities in the US are notorious polluters.
It is estimated that over 35,000 deaths annually result from lung diseases in the US are caused by this pollution.
As well, manufacturing Volts and their components is no less environmentally damaging than any other car.
The good news is that Volt sales are miniscule compared to the entire field of car manufacturing.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5507 Jul 2, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
Root, be assured are no "other words", nor are there any hidden meanings in what I said.
Here it is again. Please read slowly:....
"I choose only to respond to questions from trustworthy and honest individuals.
I prefer dealing with people who conduct themselves with integrity."
Please leave me out of any and all of your postings. Thanks.
Its ok, I know it makes you angry when someone with integrity challenges your comments with factual information and asks you to elaborate on one sided statements that lack transparency and appear to hold much bias. You will only respond with the usual name calling. Here in the USA we have that kind of behavior too.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5508 Jul 2, 2013
Hereís an interesting number to put things in perspective with integrity and hopefully to start some constructive and open conversation.

Total sales first 6 months of 2013 of Chevrolet Volt: 9,855
Total sales first 6 months of 2013 of Nissan Leaf: 9,839

Thatís pretty tight! Looks like the reigning yearly sales champion conservative Volt will have to keep up the numbers for the next six moths to retain the heavyweight title another year. This is so much fun to see an entire new segment building before our eyes. We are living in the time of technology.

Truth and intergrity are very important.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5509 Jul 2, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Its ok, I know it makes you angry when someone with integrity challenges your comments with factual information and asks you to elaborate on one sided statements that lack transparency and appear to hold much bias. You will only respond with the usual name calling. Here in the USA we have that kind of behavior too.
Keep hitting and engaging him with facts. If you take the high road you will win every time. As you can see the behavior of a hater is easy to expose and when exposed they revert to changing subjects, outright degradation, intimidation and other unruly acts in an obvious way. You have one the battle with wit when you see these things happening. Those wishing to dodge open dialogue will never admit to being wrong and never answer anything that exposes them. This behavior can be seen in the wild as a turtle hides his face.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5510 Jul 2, 2013
Won the battle that is.
Prometheus

Manassas, VA

#5511 Jul 2, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>Keep hitting and engaging him with facts. If you take the high road you will win every time. As you can see the behavior of a hater is easy to expose and when exposed they revert to changing subjects, outright degradation, intimidation and other unruly acts in an obvious way. You have one the battle with wit when you see these things happening. Those wishing to dodge open dialogue will never admit to being wrong and never answer anything that exposes them. This behavior can be seen in the wild as a turtle hides his face.
I am not a turtle. Volt is numero uno. I will now hide my face like a turd in a buttock, fighting to stay alive.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5512 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>Keep hitting and engaging him with facts. If you take the high road you will win every time. As you can see the behavior of a hater is easy to expose and when exposed they revert to changing subjects, outright degradation, intimidation and other unruly acts in an obvious way. You have one the battle with wit when you see these things happening. Those wishing to dodge open dialogue will never admit to being wrong and never answer anything that exposes them. This behavior can be seen in the wild as a turtle hides his face.

I'm not interested it exposing the bias. I just look for people that will offer truthful viewpoints with integrity and discuss the factors involved in an open respectable manner.

It's great to see Volt in the top spot. I hope it continues. Total sales first 6 months of 2013 of Chevrolet Volt: 9,855

Thatís pretty tight! Looks like the reigning yearly sales champion conservative Volt will have to keep up the numbers for the next six moths to retain the heavyweight title another year. This is so much fun to see an entire new segment building before our eyes. We are living in the time of technology.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#5513 Jul 2, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested it exposing the bias. I just look for people that will offer truthful viewpoints with integrity and discuss the factors involved in an open respectable manner.
It's great to see Volt in the top spot. I hope it continues. Total sales first 6 months of 2013 of Chevrolet Volt: 9,855
Who are you kidding? That man aint gonna answer with truth and integrity. Iíve seen this act to many times. Might open the mouth and spill some fart gas out but he wonít be offering up any truth or integrity in this lifetime. Best move on to the next big thing before trying to get some thought from this joker. Offer up a Tim Horton's gift cert and a year's supply of pancake syrup and some Calamine might help.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#5514 Jul 2, 2013
Or a dog with a chain and some salt and pepper.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5515 Jul 2, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a turtle. Volt is numero uno. I will now hide my face like a turd in a buttock, fighting to stay alive.
I liked my tuturtle analogy but whatever.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5516 Jul 2, 2013
Phantompay wrote:
Or a dog with a chain and some salt and pepper.
A little off topic but here it goes. We were out walking in the park and my wife said in a loud voice STOP NOW LOOKOUT! To my surprise when I looked down I saw a big pile of dog Prometheus. If she had not seen the log I would have ruined a new pair of suede docksiders.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5517 Jul 2, 2013
One other thing to add into the equation of alternative fuel vehicles is GMís advanced technology in fuel cells. I've often said that fuel cells will be the next piece of the puzzle in this exciting tech revolution and here it comes.

Not only is the conservative Volt the undisputed sales champion year after year, GM is about to widen their prowess with their fuel cell technologies together with Honda. Fuel cells are the next step in this wide ranging world of technological advances in alternative fuel vehicles.

Now how positive is that? Volt, Spark, Leaf, Tesla, and now fuel cells. Spoken with true integrity.
Prometheus

Manassas, VA

#5518 Jul 2, 2013
The Volt is an amazing car with innovative technology. It has legions of delighted owners (who vociferously defend the merits of the car, as they should). I am not questioning that the car is, in many ways, a winner. I see now that the marketplace is the ultimate judge of whether or not a car is a success and I can see the market has spoken again and put Volt on topóand for high-tech fuel-efficient cars, it fulfills its promises to alter the nation's course of fuel consumption and emissions. I say good on ya Volt. Iíll be picking mine up in Victory Red.

I know the word Prometheus is slang for dog crap in America but I use it from mythology. In mythology Prometheus is a strong gay man and titan.
Prometheus

Canada

#5519 Jul 2, 2013
Phantompay wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you kidding? That man aint gonna answer with truth and integrity. Iíve seen this act to many times. Might open the mouth and spill some fart gas out but he wonít be offering up any truth or integrity in this lifetime. Best move on to the next big thing before trying to get some thought from this joker. Offer up a Tim Horton's gift cert and a year's supply of pancake syrup and some Calamine might help.
If posts like that are examples of truth and integrity, then it must truly represent the bottom of the pile.
It amazes to know that some US folks here have so much fear of, and are so intimidated by one Canadian poster that they can only offer vulgarity, profanity, and gross personal insults in return.
Pathetic.
The Truth

Richmond, VA

#5520 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>A little off topic but here it goes. We were out walking in the park and my wife said in a loud voice STOP NOW LOOKOUT! To my surprise when I looked down I saw a big pile of dog Prometheus. If she had not seen the log I would have ruined a new pair of suede docksiders.
That is one of the first times I have seen the word wife used to describe a two bit hooker
Prometheus

Canada

#5521 Jul 2, 2013
Her's a fact that cannot be disputed, nor can it be obscured by vulgar and offensive personal insults by those US posters who are intimidated by just one Canadian poster....

Total EV sales YTD.......39,490.
Total Volt sales YTD.......9855.

How come Volt only sells one quarter of total EVs if it's such an attractive product?
If it lived up to the hype these bozos claim it deserves, then why isn't it dominating the sector?
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#5522 Jul 2, 2013
Wifey says:
obamamobiles haven't sold anything this year yet...

as it's BM pays the dealers to buy them...

what's new there.

Too Funny.
Prometheus

Canada

#5523 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>A little off topic but here it goes. We were out walking in the park and my wife said in a loud voice STOP NOW LOOKOUT! To my surprise when I looked down I saw a big pile of dog Prometheus. If she had not seen the log I would have ruined a new pair of suede docksiders.
It amazes to know that some US folks here have so much fear of, and are so intimidated by one Canadian poster that they can only offer vulgarity, profanity, and gross personal insults in return.
Pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can You Guess What Countries Build The Most Cars? 8 hr John Jeffery 1
Malaysia Airlines Is Hemorrhaging Money, Flying... Thu _malon_goblok 4
Ferguson violence: Escalation blamed on cops Wed gomer 2
2014 Cadillac CTS vs. 2014 Chevrolet Corvette S... Wed supashack 1
VP Biden congratulates 'fellow veep' on Emmy win Wed Le Jimbo 2
Why Cars Don't Get 80 Miles Per Gallon: 4 Reasons Aug 26 Sharptons Savages 5
ALL cars-High Mileage Stories (Nov '07) Aug 25 shane3030 25

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••