Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

The Truth

Lexington, VA

#5520 Jul 2, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>A little off topic but here it goes. We were out walking in the park and my wife said in a loud voice STOP NOW LOOKOUT! To my surprise when I looked down I saw a big pile of dog Prometheus. If she had not seen the log I would have ruined a new pair of suede docksiders.
That is one of the first times I have seen the word wife used to describe a two bit hooker
Prometheus

Canada

#5521 Jul 2, 2013
Her's a fact that cannot be disputed, nor can it be obscured by vulgar and offensive personal insults by those US posters who are intimidated by just one Canadian poster....

Total EV sales YTD.......39,490.
Total Volt sales YTD.......9855.

How come Volt only sells one quarter of total EVs if it's such an attractive product?
If it lived up to the hype these bozos claim it deserves, then why isn't it dominating the sector?
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#5522 Jul 2, 2013
Wifey says:
obamamobiles haven't sold anything this year yet...

as it's BM pays the dealers to buy them...

what's new there.

Too Funny.
Prometheus

Canada

#5523 Jul 2, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
<quoted text>A little off topic but here it goes. We were out walking in the park and my wife said in a loud voice STOP NOW LOOKOUT! To my surprise when I looked down I saw a big pile of dog Prometheus. If she had not seen the log I would have ruined a new pair of suede docksiders.
It amazes to know that some US folks here have so much fear of, and are so intimidated by one Canadian poster that they can only offer vulgarity, profanity, and gross personal insults in return.
Pathetic.
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#5524 Jul 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
obamamobiles haven't sold anything this year yet...

as it's BM pays the dealers to buy them...

what's new there.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

as anyone who has ever driven one knows...

they are leased but dealer owned only.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5525 Jul 2, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
Her's a fact that cannot be disputed, nor can it be obscured by vulgar and offensive personal insults by those US posters who are intimidated by just one Canadian poster....
How come Volt only sells one quarter of total EVs if it's such an attractive product?
If it lived up to the hype these bozos claim it deserves, then why isn't it dominating the sector?
Just remember this; Volt is the undisputed champion year after year. Let’s see if the oldest car in the bunch will hold its title again at the end of the year. Let the market decide, right? Positive words spoken with true honesty and integrity. Try it sometime.

Cheers!
Prometheus

Canada

#5526 Jul 2, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Just remember this; Volt is the undisputed champion year after year. Let’s see if the oldest car in the bunch will hold its title again at the end of the year. Let the market decide, right? Positive words spoken with true honesty and integrity. Try it sometime.
Cheers!
It's quite a change to see the most vulgar, offensive, and personally insulting poster, aka Root, not posting his usual nonsense.
Let's see if this lasts.

Until the end of the year?
Not very likely.
His kind can only posture for so long.
Prometheus

Canada

#5527 Jul 2, 2013

At the end of the day, sales volumes cut through the hype like a hot knife thru butter.
The EV segment as a whole is miniscule, and Volt sells only one quarter of miniscule.

Perhaps in 5 or10 more years, things might be better, but right now, EVs aren't exactly exploding in the marketplace.

GM, for one, is "downsizing" it's sales (and profitability) forecasts.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5528 Jul 2, 2013
Root wrote:
One other thing to add into the equation of alternative fuel vehicles is GM’s advanced technology in fuel cells. I've often said that fuel cells will be the next piece of the puzzle in this exciting tech revolution and here it comes.
Not only is the conservative Volt the undisputed sales champion year after year, GM is about to widen their prowess with their fuel cell technologies together with Honda. Fuel cells are the next step in this wide ranging world of technological advances in alternative fuel vehicles.
Now how positive is that? Volt, Spark, Leaf, Tesla, and now fuel cells. Spoken with true integrity.
Don't forget Via Motors & Coda. Made in America. Via Motors is looking into putting out an 800 hp 4WD pick up. All Volt technology.

Awesome!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5531 Jul 2, 2013
My 2013 mileage through June.

My stats for my lil' trip to see Tower Of Power. But first a little music. Got great mpg on the freeway and ac on. With a passanger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5532 Jul 2, 2013
My son works with a lady that owns a Leaf. She has been asking him about his Volt.
She test drove my sons's Volt. She now says that they made a mistake and should have bought a Volt. They are going to get a Volt when the next gen. comes out, trade in the Leaf.
Their problem. Their second car must be a nice car that her and her husband can take long trips in. It gets 28 mpg at best.
They now realize that the Volt could have been their primary car and their gas saving car. Their second car could be a 10 year old, small car for commuting.
I think a few people are using their noggins now. In spite of the price drop for the Volt, it is in no way near the price of the Leaf S.
But that second car .... that hurts!
Prometheus

Canada

#5533 Jul 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
My son works with a lady that owns a Leaf. She has been asking him about his Volt.
She test drove my sons's Volt. She now says that they made a mistake and should have bought a Volt. They are going to get a Volt when the next gen. comes out, trade in the Leaf.
Their problem. Their second car must be a nice car that her and her husband can take long trips in. It gets 28 mpg at best.
They now realize that the Volt could have been their primary car and their gas saving car. Their second car could be a 10 year old, small car for commuting.
I think a few people are using their noggins now. In spite of the price drop for the Volt, it is in no way near the price of the Leaf S.
Sounds like a fairy tale.

Fairy Tale Defined......Oxford Dictionary.

"fairy tale - an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
Synonyms: cock-and-bull story, fairy story, fairytale, song and dance
fib, taradiddle, tarradiddle, tale, story - a trivial lie; "he told a fib about eating his spinach"; "how can I stop my child from telling stories?"
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5534 Jul 2, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
Another way of expressing that statistic is "Volt is being outsold by 50% of all other cars in the USA"
The only cars selling less than volt are in a "below 10,000 units sold YTD" category.
Half empty or half full makes no difference.
Volt sales are in the "miniscule" range.
Fact, Truth, Integrity spoken here.
No no no, if you wish to offer integrity truth and faith you will do a couple of things. One you will explain why you were running around saying Volt sales were down in June. Two you will answer the questions challenging the integrity of your statements; three you will offer sincere congratulations to Volt for being the commander of market. These things will show you are ready and willing to leave the past behind and offer a pure unbiased approach to conversation. I hope you will apply these simple principles and statements to your future comments.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5535 Jul 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Great story, thanks for sharing. Hopefully those that do not agree with you will respond with integrity faith and truth in a polite manner. We shall see.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5536 Jul 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
My 2013 mileage through June.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U2mbyf4D1MMXX
My stats for my lil' trip to see Tower Of Power. But first a little music. Got great mpg on the freeway and ac on. With a passanger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That is great mpg, congrats! Did you see Volt is number one? Good times..
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5537 Jul 2, 2013
Oh never mind, I just looked over you know who's post and it's negative. Some things never change.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5538 Jul 2, 2013
I'm going to bed. Enough of this mess. Turn out the light when leaving, thanks so much. Volt is number one again and I'm happy. Good vs evil always results with a good win.

Cheers
Prometheus

Canada

#5539 Jul 2, 2013
When Root responds enthusiastically to a Volt "Hero Story", it's a sure sign the "Hero Story" is likely a fairy tale.

These kinds of "Hero Stories" (aka Fairy Tales") are a frequent occurrence here.

It's often comparable to "Making Mountains Out Of Molehills"

Truth be told, Volt is selling at a pitifully low level.
This cannot be sugar coated by any means or manner.
But the resident shills try their best.
Dominic

Toronto, Canada

#5540 Jul 2, 2013
Is this Root character for real? Is he full of crap or just full of himself?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5541 Jul 2, 2013
Root wrote:
Oh never mind, I just looked over you know who's post and it's negative. Some things never change.
To tell you the truth, I haven't read any of the hater's posts for about 15 pages. I just post links and things about EV's in general.

I do state preemptive responses because I know how they will respond to my posts.

How do I know? Because I have read their responses about 100 times.

I know they will post something responding to this post, but ... who cares?

You should give it a try. It really ends up being the same thing except you just skim over their names. Nothing new is being said ... right? Let me know if anything new was said by the haters in the last 15 pages.(I already know the answer).

You will find nothing but links posted by me. No responses to them.

Read post # 5513 on page 263 by Phantomplay. Truer words were never spoken.

OK ... just a thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. says North Korean submarine missing Aug 25 operation gladio 2
Original Xhorse Mini VCI techstream FW 2.0.4 vs... Aug 25 Ambrosio 1
AUTOPHIX OM123 OBDII EOBD CAN code reader read ... Aug 24 car-diagnostic-tool 1
OBDSTAR F102 Nissan Pin Code Reader Key Program... Aug 23 Spencer5 5
Foxwell NT510 has good success with BMW multisy... Aug 23 lalaura 1
VAG CAN PRO VCP V5.5.1 Clone less than 50$ Aug 23 lalaura 3
The Newest Version V4.3 SuperOBD SKP-900 car ke... Aug 22 auto engineer 2
More from around the web