Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Prometheus

Canada

#5433 Jun 30, 2013
The Manassas version of the screen name "Prometheus" is an imposter and a fake.
Prometheus

Canada

#5434 Jun 30, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This latest attempt at attempting to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear ranks right up there with Rick Hendrick (of Hendrick Motorsports fame) going on TV and stating that he wanted to purchase the first Volt. Imagine that one of the largest GM dealers in the country saying something positive about a GM vehicle.
I had the chance to talk to Dale Earnhardt Jr. at the Denny Hamlin Charity race at Richmond and asked him about the Hendrick Volt. All I got back was a good natured chuckle.
If sales don't improve soon, your analogy could become a reality!!
Prometheus

Canada

#5435 Jun 30, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
We know he's a shill.
I'm inclined to agree with you.
Given the amount of foolishness and outright fakery going on here, it's more than just a strong possibility!
I know for a fact there's at least one fool playing the role of several different screen names.
Prometheus

Manassas, VA

#5437 Jun 30, 2013
For the record.
My username is "Prometheus Dominic", and I live and post from USA exclusively.
It seems there's an individual who posts under that same username but lives and posts from the Canada.
This individual's ISP is in Canada, often showing an ISP location in the Canada, Toronto, Windsor, Hamilton area.

He is a fake and an imposter.

I just looked at the Prius PHEV sales and all the others. Now I like the Volt and realize it's a top seller.
Prometheus

Canada

#5438 Jun 30, 2013
The Manassas version of the screen name "Prometheus" is an imposter and a fake.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#5439 Jun 30, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
For the record.
My username is "Prometheus Dominic", and I live and post from USA exclusively.
It seems there's an individual who posts under that same username but lives and posts from the Canada.
This individual's ISP is in Canada, often showing an ISP location in the Canada, Toronto, Windsor, Hamilton area.
He is a fake and an imposter.
I just looked at the Prius PHEV sales and all the others. Now I like the Volt and realize it's a top seller.
If your user name is "Prometheus Dominic", then why does it say "Prometheus"?
Prometheus

Canada

#5441 Jun 30, 2013
Thanks y'all.
Glad to see there are a few honest folks out there who recognize the phoney for what he is.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5443 Jun 30, 2013
Former EV1 owners drive the Volt.

Prometheus

Canada

#5444 Jun 30, 2013
Very close timing between posts by Luvmyvolt and the imposter from Manassas.
Could these two posts be by the same person?

One thing for certain.
Whoever the phoney from Manassas Va. Is, he definitely is a disturbed individual.
Prometheus

Canada

#5445 Jun 30, 2013
It's quite clear the phoney poster from Manassas, VA is just some disturbed individual indulging in perverse fantasies.
At least there are now many here who recognize the fool for what he really is.
Prometheus

Canada

#5446 Jun 30, 2013
Perhaps the phoney from Manassas, VA is having some angst because of the poor sales results for Volt?
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5447 Jul 1, 2013
You have it bad for the Volt. Sales sales sales
Prometheus

Canada

#5448 Jul 1, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
You have it bad for the Volt. Sales sales sales
The truth cannot be good news for Volt supporters.
And even worse news for GM.
Unfortunately, Volt sales are disappointing, to say the least.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5449 Jul 1, 2013
Must be a fatal attraction.
Prometheus

Canada

#5450 Jul 1, 2013
Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
Must be a fatal attraction.
Fatal for Volt perhaps?
The sales trend line is lower every month.
Is this perhaps indicative of the inevitable?
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5451 Jul 1, 2013
Probably a fatal attraction.
Prometheus

Canada

#5453 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
One of the big problems the Volt will face in the future is in the name, Volt. Now, most Americans have associated this name with failure, over price and lack of ability to be a primary car. Once a name gets a reputation like this it is hard, if not impossible to erase. I really look to see GM build this Cadillac version of the Electric Vehicle and phase the Volt out of production.
Good point. The name "Volt" isn't exactly inspiring either.
Considering its price point, "second cars" aren't usually in the premium priced category.
The lacklustre sales picture doesn't do much to the car's image either.
Especially compared to the hype Volt was originally pegged with-- it was touted as a revolutionary big seller and hasn't met that expectation.
I've maintained all along the public isn't ready yet for EVs.
Maybe in a few more years..........
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#5454 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
One of the big problems the Volt will face in the future is in the name, Volt. Now, most Americans have associated this name with failure, over price and lack of ability to be a primary car. Once a name gets a reputation like this it is hard, if not impossible to erase. I really look to see GM build this Cadillac version of the Electric Vehicle and phase the Volt out of production.
Other manufacturers are bring back old auto names, the Vega would be a perfect name for the Volt.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5455 Jul 1, 2013
Fatal attraction to the Volt is what you have. Sales sales sales.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

#5456 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
Yes tickleshit's, names are important and if I compare Volt to the competition it's right up there at the top.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any idea about OEM Toyota OTC VIM interface 21 hr vipprog 1
NT414 scanner supports Vs commodore 1996 executive Tue lanrce 1
Top SBB Key Programmer V33.02 - Auto Key Progra... (Dec '13) Jul 24 car-diagnostic-tool 14
Free download TOYOTA TIS 10.30.029 (Jan '16) Jul 23 master 3
FAQ OBDSTAR F100 Ford/Mazda key programmer Jul 22 Janealen 4
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) Jul 22 Janealen 28
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Jul 21 Longrod van Hugen... 247
More from around the web