Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5202 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually by GM and the people working on the batteries own words, the volt was rushed into production before the battery technology was there to make it a practical car.
Not practical?$37,000,000 saved on gas is not practical? 202,500,000 gas free miles is not practical?

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...

That figure is based on gas being $3.50 per gallon. Since most Volts are owned in CA, that figure is actually higher. Gas has been over $4 a gallon for quite some time out here.

Now, taking that lower figure and dividing it by the number of Volts out there, that comes to just over $1,000 per owner.

Now, considering that most Volt owners have owned their car for more than a year, their savings are much more than $1,000. Much more.

Your definition of practicality and my definition are not the same. That's what baffles me about your argument.

Do I slam your Elantra? Do you see me on a pro Elantra forum telling everybody that their car isn't practical? I don't care that you like your Elantra. As long as you are happy. Why does it bother you that I am extremely happy with my car? Think about it.

Do you really want to know why I love this car? I fell in love with the ride. Smoother and quieter than my Caddy's. They couldn't compare. I drove Caddy's for over 30 years and in just 5 minutes, I knew this car rode better.

I bought it to save some soldiers lives. We spend 25% of our military budget to bolster corrupt regimes that let us drill on their land. Regimes that hate us and contribute to Al Qaeda.

I didn't care what the ride was going to be like. I didn't even test drive the car. It turned out to be the best car I've ever ridden in. Bar none.

There are ex BMW & Mercedes owners out there on the net that say the same things about their Volt. A click of the mouse will put you there.

There's an old saying. "Live and let live".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5203 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point would be? I believe that an open threat about terms of service by another poster is also a violation of the same terms.
Now, please tell me how your last couple of post is about a volt!
I went back just 14 pages. The person you are defending made 67 non topic posts. All of them being attacks.

About 8 were somewhat topical. All of them negative.

When Root asked if anybody had seen the post about the DC chargers, the person you are defending told him that he had mentioned it 12 times already and to stop repeating himself.

Root had not mentioned it 12 times, but the person you are defending had mentioned sales 6 times out of those 8 times that were somewhat topical.

That's not a good record. 73 worthless posts that are against terms of this forum.

Let's keep it about cars.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5204 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
My company, my money, my decision as to how my/company money is spent. Is your son self employed, does he own the company? That is the difference.
The company my son works for gives bonuses to their workers. He is a valued employee. He can walk away and go somewhere else anytime he wants. Especially with the high tech field booming right now in this little valley called silicon.

They therefore give bonuses and incentives to stay. With a rate of only 5 cents per kwh that the company pays, it's a very small thing for them to provide. 65 cents a day. Sheeeeesh.

I was not attacking you. You took it as a personal attack. I personally think that you have every right to use your company any way you feel.

You should read the post again. Read the last sentence. Either you are a miser or me and my sons aren't misers Why do you take offence to that and not when my son is called a miser?

Double standards are easy to live by and very hard to not live by. Think about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5205 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back just 14 pages. The person you are defending made 67 non topic posts. All of them being attacks.
When Root asked if anybody had seen the post about the DC chargers, the person you are defending told him that he had mentioned it 12 times already and to stop repeating himself.
Root had not mentioned it 12 times, but the person you are defending had mentioned sales 6 times out of those 8 times that were somewhat topical.
That's not a good record. 73 worthless posts that are against terms of this forum.
I, for one, would prefer to talk about cars.
Not just your car.,,,,which, BTW is just a car....
(Or your life, your stock portfolio, how smart you are, how you save money on everything, your creative accounting principles, your former job, your mortgage free house, your pension, your music fetish, your favourite sports team, your poor maligned granddaughter, yada, yada, yada, not to mention the abuse you heap on those who you feel are beneath you, or who disagree with your altruistic hyperbole)
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5206 Jun 17, 2013
So, LMV, instead of complaining about others, why can't you "just talk about cars"?
All cars.
Instead of all that other self serving, off topic crap you constantly entertain us with in order to support what appears to be a needy ego.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5207 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
My company, my money, my decision as to how my/company money is spent. Is your son self employed, does he own the company? That is the difference.
Once again.

Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an AVERAGE volt owner?
Probably a miser who is obsessed with the contraption and spends most of his waking hours trying to sleaze free electricity.
Your buddy gets free gas from his company. I have never gotten free electricity.

My answer.

I never called your buddy a miser. By default, you have.

As I stated, I never called you a miser. Try thinking before letting the kettle boil over.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5208 Jun 17, 2013
Here is a video that talks about Nissan warning against more than 2 quick charges in one day.

The point? Many Leaf owners are going on long distance drives and charging up to 4 times a day at quick chargers. Did they read their manuals?

This is why Root bring up quick chargers is important. Good topic.

The reviewer mentions the quick charger at 6:45.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5209 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again.
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a miser who is obsessed with the contraption and spends most of his waking hours trying to sleaze free electricity.
Your buddy gets free gas from his company. I have never gotten free electricity.
My answer.
As I stated, I never called you a miser. Try thinking before letting the kettle boil over.
Um....Would this by any chance qualify as an off topic, negative, or attack post?

Just askin'.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5210 Jun 17, 2013
Motor Trend drove the Volt for 26,000 miles and loved it.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/a...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5211 Jun 17, 2013
LMV was asked a question about his "off topic" post (5207).
He chose not to respond.

Here's what I have to say about his refusal to acknowledge his culpability (Whilst he criticizes others for the same sin).......
"LMV has no right to hold others to account for standards he himself ignores".
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5212 Jun 17, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point. Who is right and who is wrong? I would rather err on the side of caution. Even the Leaf manual states that you should not quick charge until the battery has cooled sufficiently. It also says not to Quick charge more than twice a day. Heat kills batteries. Quick charging equals much more heat.
Most of these chargers are not free. You pay about 60% of what a gallon of gas would cost per 40 miles. So, as a Volt owner, it's not worth it. I need to run my generator once in a while anyway.
Owners of these cars, especially cars that don't use liquid cooling, should study up. I would go to the company that produced my car and ask their opinion. Especially concerning warranty.
I hear you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5213 Jun 17, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Please refrain from name calling and try to keep your writings on topic. Iíve skimmed over the comments for the last three days and have found numerous posts authored by you that include name calling. This is a direct violation of the terms of service.
Thank you for your support. I will continue to post according to the terms and will continue not to call anyone names. Thank you again.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5214 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not practical?$37,000,000 saved on gas is not practical? 202,500,000 gas free miles is not practical?
http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...
That figure is based on gas being $3.50 per gallon. Since most Volts are owned in CA, that figure is actually higher. Gas has been over $4 a gallon for quite some time out here.
Now, taking that lower figure and dividing it by the number of Volts out there, that comes to just over $1,000 per owner.
Now, considering that most Volt owners have owned their car for more than a year, their savings are much more than $1,000. Much more.
Your definition of practicality and my definition are not the same. That's what baffles me about your argument.
Do I slam your Elantra? Do you see me on a pro Elantra forum telling everybody that their car isn't practical? I don't care that you like your Elantra. As long as you are happy. Why does it bother you that I am extremely happy with my car? Think about it.
Do you really want to know why I love this car? I fell in love with the ride. Smoother and quieter than my Caddy's. They couldn't compare. I drove Caddy's for over 30 years and in just 5 minutes, I knew this car rode better.
I bought it to save some soldiers lives. We spend 25% of our military budget to bolster corrupt regimes that let us drill on their land. Regimes that hate us and contribute to Al Qaeda.
I didn't care what the ride was going to be like. I didn't even test drive the car. It turned out to be the best car I've ever ridden in. Bar none.
There are ex BMW & Mercedes owners out there on the net that say the same things about their Volt. A click of the mouse will put you there.
There's an old saying. "Live and let live".
It is the same person.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5215 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Here is a video that talks about Nissan warning against more than 2 quick charges in one day.
The point? Many Leaf owners are going on long distance drives and charging up to 4 times a day at quick chargers. Did they read their manuals?
This is why Root bring up quick chargers is important. Good topic.
The reviewer mentions the quick charger at 6:45.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SEz8TGRtagMXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Iíve really been wondering about the quick chargers. Thanks for addressing it and staying on topic. Together we can all make this a better forum and this particular thread about positive Volt topics. I think in time the poster will this is a positive thread about the Volt.
Voice of Reality

Portsmouth, VA

#5216 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not defending anybody, my point was that this JFads was doing the same thing that he stated the other person was doing.
Voice of Reality

Portsmouth, VA

#5217 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again.
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer.
I was pointing out the big difference in my company paying for my gas and your son using the services of his company. Unlike your son, I sign the front of MY company paychecks, your son only signs the back.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#5218 Jun 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Motor Trend drove the Volt for 26,000 miles and loved it.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/a...
iluvmyVolt your naivety knows no bounds! I went on the Motor Trend website and it's nothing more than a paid Volt commerical. GM probably warmed MT about any negitive reviews.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#5219 Jun 17, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Chameleon Root has never violated the terms of service?
And you too JJFADS have never name called or abused the terms of service?
And you JJFADS, for some reason, have never cautioned the chameleon or any others for his or their sins?
Nor have you ever made amends for yours?
Perhaps there's a name which should apply for that circumstance too?
I would suggest hypocracy might be appropriate.(There are better names, but I avoid profanity)
In truth JJFADS, you yourself and others you ally with, have no right whatsoever to hold anyone accountable for standards you and those others choose to ignore.
I was trying to give a friendly suggestion as to help with the direction of this thread. After looking over the posts for the last three days there have been zero names called by Root and several by you. You I address because you are above name calling. Now you respond with more name calling. How would you feel if someone called you a lizard?
Would you like to see this forum improve or would you like to see it get into the gutter again? Iím minimally requesting in a friendly manner for you to stop calling the other participants names.

Lastly, this is my thread and it was I that edited it. There seems to be some question regarding the purpose of this particular thread i.e. is it a place to talk about Volt? The answer to that concern is yes, this is a thread about the Volt and it is positive.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5220 Jun 17, 2013
To JJFADS...

Re the "help with direction" of this thread? I make my own direction thanks, with no help needed from self serving nihilistic prognosticators and hypocrites.

As to Volt having achieved 3 days of no name calling? That's got to be a new record for that chameleon. After his previous shenanigans, he'll need to continue his improved manners for at least a year before redeeming himself. I would have thought better of you.

Re me being called names? That doesn't concern me in the least, especially after a good many really vulgar and frankly childish salutations thrown at me by not just the chameleon, but by several of his pseudonames-- and by yourself as well. My contribution comes under the heading of "payback"

Re you being the owner of this thread? So what. If you can 't handle controversy (or the US constitution re free speech) then you shouldn't post controversial threads, nor should you participate in them.

Re your allusion to " a friendly suggestion"? Spare me the self righteous altruism please.

Re the games being played here? The"players" are fooling no one. Your role is no exception.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5221 Jun 17, 2013
I have never called anyone a name on these forums. This is just awful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart wants back in a NASCAR Xfinity car... 2 hr YouPhart 11
mehdisoft Nov 17 asgari123 1
News Exclusive: Dr. Phil feels 'violated' over stole... (Sep '12) Nov 15 cadescove99 6
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Nov 15 jimmyLIN 20
Tips to unlock KVM in Land Rover Nov 15 Ambrosio 1
(11.11 Big Promotion) BMW ICOM Next A+B+C Nov 8 FMPC001 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Nov 7 Irishmenshamrock 317
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Sep '17 willburr555 5
More from around the web