Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#5179 Jun 16, 2013
Start over.
Make it exact and make it fast.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5180 Jun 16, 2013
I want it to be exact.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5181 Jun 17, 2013
We are dealing with a chameleon called Root.
He changes roles (and clones other's screen names) as he deems appropriate.
He moves from vulgarity to innocence and from victim to victimiser at will.
His presence here is always context dependent.
This individual genuinely psychotic.
Witness the latest series of hyperbole.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5183 Jun 17, 2013
I thougth it might be helpful to go ovr a few facts about the Volt.

Some might want to create the illusion that Volt is a fleet car.
Most Volts are retail sale. In fact, most other cars have a higher fleet take rate.

Some might suggest the Volt was rushed to market. This is incorrect. Volt was slowly developed over many years and wasn’t released until it was ready. It had nothing to doo with government money or time of execution.
These are facts..
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#5184 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an AVERAGE volt owner? A large percentage of volts were sold to power companies and government agencies. So now do you get to decide what an "Average volt owner" is? For your edification anybody who paid over 40K for a 20K car is not going to admit to being unhappy, that is just basic human nature. My cost for the first two years is a little under 18.5K and that is based on an average of about 16K miles per year. In My case (since I am not an average Elantra owner) the company has paid for about 80% of my gas bill as well as my oil changes (all fully synthetic) and will replace all wear items such as tires and battery. I did go to a golf cart business that sells redone Yamaha electric carts with all new batteries and put my order for one in. That will cost me 1,995 and will be placed at my vacation lot with the park trailer on it. So, I have done my part for a green way of life with a savings of abut 39K under the price of a volt.
What is an AVERAGE volt owner?

Probably a miser who is obsessed with the contraption and spends most of his waking hours trying to sleaze free electricity.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5187 Jun 17, 2013
So now we know most Volts are retail and the car was not rushed to market, I think it would be helpful if someone would be kind enough to comprise the sales data for the cars in this segment. It would be nice to see what the sales are and how they compare across the board.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5188 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Rootie Tootie, I looked at your post in answer to my statements and found something very funny and revealing about you.
I see that you posted two attack post twice as in the fact that both your post#5172 and #5178 are the same post as is your post #5169 and #5175. From this fact I must assume that your double post of both means a post for both of your faces.
In fact, you're dealing with a person with more than just two faces.
You are dealing with a chameleon called Root.
His conduct here is always context dependent.
This individual may in fact be psychotic.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5189 Jun 17, 2013
It would be nice to know what the top sellers are in this segment. Does anyone have the time to compare the sales in this segment? This type of comparison would add some transparency to the conversation.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#5190 Jun 17, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, you're dealing with a person with more than just two faces.
You are dealing with a chameleon called Root.
His conduct here is always context dependent.
This individual may in fact be psychotic.
Please tone it down and try to keep your comments on topic.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5191 Jun 17, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Please tone it down and try to keep your comments on topic.
Can't tone down the truth, unfortunately.
We are in fact, dealing with a chameleon.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#5192 Jun 17, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't tone down the truth, unfortunately.
We are in fact, dealing with a chameleon.
Please refrain from name calling and try to keep your writings on topic. I’ve skimmed over the comments for the last three days and have found numerous posts authored by you that include name calling. This is a direct violation of the terms of service.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5193 Jun 17, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think GM is going to drop all production of all their cars and exclusively make the Volt? After all, according to you, there doesn't seem to be any reason to make anything else, right?
No

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5194 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an AVERAGE volt owner? A large percentage of volts were sold to power companies and government agencies. So now do you get to decide what an "Average volt owner" is? For your edification anybody who paid over 40K for a 20K car is not going to admit to being unhappy, that is just basic human nature. My cost for the first two years is a little under 18.5K and that is based on an average of about 16K miles per year. In My case (since I am not an average Elantra owner) the company has paid for about 80% of my gas bill as well as my oil changes (all fully synthetic) and will replace all wear items such as tires and battery. I did go to a golf cart business that sells redone Yamaha electric carts with all new batteries and put my order for one in. That will cost me 1,995 and will be placed at my vacation lot with the park trailer on it. So, I have done my part for a green way of life with a savings of abut 39K under the price of a volt.
Please post a link referring to the "large percentage" of Volts being sold to power companies and government agencies".

Anybody can say anything.

I will post a link from Fox News that states otherwise. I will also post a link that shows that it was Bush Sr. Who signed the law requiring a certain percentage of government cars must be alternative fueled cars. It doesn't specifically name the Volt.

Awaiting the link.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5195 Jun 17, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: I mentioned that my son charges his Volt at work, for free. He was called a miser. You get most of your gas for free from your company.

Being that it costs about 3 times more per mile for a gas car .... does that make you a miser, or does that mean that my son isn't a miser?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5196 Jun 17, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure I would take his word.
That's the point. Who is right and who is wrong? I would rather err on the side of caution. Even the Leaf manual states that you should not quick charge until the battery has cooled sufficiently. It also says not to Quick charge more than twice a day. Heat kills batteries. Quick charging equals much more heat.

Most of these chargers are not free. You pay about 60% of what a gallon of gas would cost per 40 miles. So, as a Volt owner, it's not worth it. I need to run my generator once in a while anyway.

Owners of these cars, especially cars that don't use liquid cooling, should study up. I would go to the company that produced my car and ask their opinion. Especially concerning warranty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5197 Jun 17, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an AVERAGE volt owner?
Probably a miser who is obsessed with the contraption and spends most of his waking hours trying to sleaze free electricity.
Your buddy gets free gas from his company. I have never gotten free electricity.

I never called your buddy a miser. By default, you have.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Voice of Reality

Portsmouth, VA

#5198 Jun 17, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: I mentioned that my son charges his Volt at work, for free. He was called a miser. You get most of your gas for free from your company.
Being that it costs about 3 times more per mile for a gas car .... does that make you a miser, or does that mean that my son isn't a miser?
My company, my money, my decision as to how my/company money is spent. Is your son self employed, does he own the company? That is the difference.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5199 Jun 17, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link referring to the "large percentage" of Volts being sold to power companies and government agencies".
Anybody can say anything.
I will post a link from Fox News that states otherwise. I will also post a link that shows that it was Bush Sr. Who signed the law requiring a certain percentage of government cars must be alternative fueled cars. It doesn't specifically name the Volt.
Awaiting the link.
Please post a link showing why it's so necessary for you to post your ostentatious rhetoric about your car, yourself, and how wrong those are who are tired of hearing it.

Awaiting the link.
Voice of Reality

Portsmouth, VA

#5200 Jun 17, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Please refrain from name calling and try to keep your writings on topic. I’ve skimmed over the comments for the last three days and have found numerous posts authored by you that include name calling. This is a direct violation of the terms of service.
And your point would be? I believe that an open threat about terms of service by another poster is also a violation of the same terms.

Now, please tell me how your last couple of post is about a volt!
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5201 Jun 17, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Please refrain from name calling and try to keep your writings on topic. I’ve skimmed over the comments for the last three days and have found numerous posts authored by you that include name calling. This is a direct violation of the terms of service.
And the Chameleon Root has never violated the terms of service?
And you too JJFADS have never name called or abused the terms of service?
And you JJFADS, for some reason, have never cautioned the chameleon or any others for his or their sins?
Nor have you ever made amends for yours?
Perhaps there's a name which should apply for that circumstance too?
I would suggest hypocracy might be appropriate.(There are better names, but I avoid profanity)

In truth JJFADS, you yourself and others you ally with, have no right whatsoever to hold anyone accountable for standards you and those others choose to ignore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MOT Test of Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group? Thu derekearl84 2
News This Wonderful And Weird 1966 Renault R8 Got Sa... Thu Xstain Mullah Fra... 3
Buy Launch X431 V Tablet Full System Diagnostic... Thu My Car repair Park 3
FAQ OBDSTAR F100 Ford/Mazda key programmer (Jun '16) Feb 16 Bob 8
How to activate Mercedes W176 electric folding... Feb 15 Ambrosio 1
V11.00.017 Toyota TIS Techstream Free Download (Feb '16) Feb 15 uwongton 14
News Japan pins hopes on winning over Trump Feb 15 Russian Ainu 8
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jan '17 pisty10 28
More from around the web