Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10481 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5156 Jun 16, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You miss the point completely and your comment is of zero relevance to this particular conversation.
People exclude themselves. People are given the ability to choose and that is what we talk of here. People can choose to damn their soul to hell. People can choose to become workers of inequity that never knew him. If you choose to practice wickedness thatís your choice.
What we request is simple. Those who wish to practice wickedness are kindly asked not to do it here. Is this some revelation?
This is a car thread about the Volt. Itís also a positive thread about the Volt. Itís not a thread about whoring out little girls and so forth.
You have no right whatsoever to hold others accountable for standards you consistently refuse to apply to yourself.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5157 Jun 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you display your insecurity with your personal approach to a self anointed victory decided by who, YOU. You are a "Bible Thumper", sorry if the truth hurts, however, it is the truth. Second, any man who would exclude another person and his or her beliefs because they are different than your own is the owner of a small and narrow man, thus the statement, "Little Man". Again, the God I worship is a God of inclusion, not a God of exclusion.
You, my little man, are the prime example of the insecure person who is afraid of the voice, opinion and beliefs of the other person.
You are dealing with a chameleon.
He changes roles (and screen names) as he deems appropriate.
He moves from vulgarity to innocence and from victim to victimiser at will.
His presence here is always context dependent.
I believe the guy is psychotic.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5158 Jun 16, 2013
I'll be gone for a bit today. Please try to be transparent and polite. Hope everyone has a great day.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5159 Jun 16, 2013
Root wrote:
I'll be gone for a bit today. Please try to be transparent and polite. Hope everyone has a great day.
It would be in the best interests of this site if you could just remain gone.
You add absolutely nothing of any value to discussions here.
And you consistently act only in your own selfish interests.
So go far, and stay there.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5160 Jun 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you display your insecurity with your personal approach to a self anointed victory decided by who, YOU. You are a "Bible Thumper", sorry if the truth hurts, however, it is the truth. Second, any man who would exclude another person and his or her beliefs because they are different than your own is the owner of a small and narrow man, thus the statement, "Little Man". Again, the God I worship is a God of inclusion, not a God of exclusion.
You, my little man, are the prime example of the insecure person who is afraid of the voice, opinion and beliefs of the other person.
You are dealing with a chameleon.
He changes roles (and screen names) as he deems appropriate.
He moves from vulgarity to innocence and from victim to victimiser at will.
His presence here is always context dependent.
I believe the guy is genuinely psychotic.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5162 Jun 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
But, if you bought your volt you would get your same benefits and have something after the current lease expired. Same reason I bought two houses and never rented same.
Not really because when you are renting a car for only $55 a month, that comes to only $1,320 after two years.

After two years, you get the benefit of never buying tires, paying for any maintenance and then turning around and buying a newer and better Volt for a lot less money. The newer cars depreciate less and they get better range.

In my book, that is better math.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5163 Jun 16, 2013
Root wrote:
With the completion on the GM BMW testing fast charging station, I think the addition of ultra fast charge at DC public stations will be a hit.
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/ne...
Here is an example of why people need to study before they go off and start charging their car at super fast DC chargers.

A123 battery systems Vice President makes this comment In the comments section. There are other interesting comments in that section.

"This is Andy Chu, playbook-borrowing spreader of polemic.=P The fact is that MOST automotive lithium ion batteries are not meant to be charged in 20 minutes and doing so will reduce the batteryís life. Thatís not alarmist, itís the truth. We are not trying to play into anyoneís fears. Rather, the point of our blog post was to draw attention to the fact that quick charging of EVs is limited by battery technology, not the charger itself. A123 and other battery companies are working on technologies that will allow truly fast-charging EVs to be possible, both technically and financially. We fully believe that fast-charging is possible with the right technology and regret if anyone mistakenly interpreted our blog post otherwise. We are mindful of setting realistic expectations about what the challenges are. Cost is a significant issue and the ability to fast-charge must be weighed vs. energy density and life."

http://www.plugincars.com/a123-systems-warns-...

I don't like all the different technologies. That is why I won't own a full electric for quite a while. Kind of reminds me of the VHS vs Beta days.

I'll enjoy my Volt and then an ELR and I'll be happy. The need for charging, while traveling is the farthest thing from my mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#5165 Jun 16, 2013
Never heard of a car that didn't get better every year. By your definition, every car in the world has been rushed into production.

Even your Elantra is not as good as the new vehicles. So what? That's normal.

Record breaking customer satisfaction means it wasn't. Especially when the average 1st gen. Volt owner is saving $1,500 a year on gas when charging costs are factored in.

I call that perfect timing. My cost is now under $29,000. In 4 years, it will be under $25,000. I'm perfectly happy, and so are 97% of all Volt owners.

Why does that make you people so angry?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
liner

Patchogue, NY

#5166 Jun 16, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
Never heard of a car that didn't get better every year. By your definition, every car in the world has been rushed into production.
Record breaking customer satisfaction means it wasn't. Especially when the average 1st gen. Volt owner is saving $1,500 a year on gas when charging costs are factored in.
I call that perfect timing. My cost is now under $29,000. In 4 years, it will be under $25,000. I'm perfectly happy, and so are 97% of all Volt owners.
When do you think GM is going to drop all production of all their cars and exclusively make the Volt? After all, according to you, there doesn't seem to be any reason to make anything else, right?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5168 Jun 16, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think GM is going to drop all production of all their cars and exclusively make the Volt? After all, according to you, there doesn't seem to be any reason to make anything else, right?
Strange take

Can you point out to me where the poster stated such a thing?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5169 Jun 16, 2013
Remember this; most people spreading hate about Volt utilize mistruths about the car. Letís take a few from this page.

Some might want to create the illusion that Volt is a fleet car.
Most Volts are retail sale. In fact, most other cars have a higher fleet take rate.

Some might suggest the Volt was rushed to market. This is incorrect. Volt was slowly developed over many years and wasnít released until it was ready. It had nothing to doo with government money or time of execution.
These are facts.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5170 Jun 16, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
Very straight forward. Good job..

Just a reminder, you are responding to one person. Don't feed a troll.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5171 Jun 16, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an example of why people need to study before they go off and start charging their car at super fast DC chargers.
A123 battery systems Vice President makes this comment In the comments section. There are other interesting comments in that section.
"This is Andy Chu, playbook-borrowing spreader of polemic.=P The fact is that MOST automotive lithium ion batteries are not meant to be charged in 20 minutes and doing so will reduce the batteryís life. Thatís not alarmist, itís the truth. We are not trying to play into anyoneís fears. Rather, the point of our blog post was to draw attention to the fact that quick charging of EVs is limited by battery technology, not the charger itself. A123 and other battery companies are working on technologies that will allow truly fast-charging EVs to be possible, both technically and financially. We fully believe that fast-charging is possible with the right technology and regret if anyone mistakenly interpreted our blog post otherwise. We are mindful of setting realistic expectations about what the challenges are. Cost is a significant issue and the ability to fast-charge must be weighed vs. energy density and life."
http://www.plugincars.com/a123-systems-warns-...
I don't like all the different technologies. That is why I won't own a full electric for quite a while. Kind of reminds me of the VHS vs Beta days.
I'll enjoy my Volt and then an ELR and I'll be happy. The need for charging, while traveling is the farthest thing from my mind.
Not sure I would take his word.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5172 Jun 16, 2013
Wealthy citizens donít buy cheap little cars. Tire life is a non issue, especially the difference between front and back. Gas cost is a non issue. 32K trouble free miles is another non issue. Wealthy will not boast of company paid miles. Wealthy citizens will not keep a great little vehicle for ten years. Get band aid fast.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5173 Jun 16, 2013
Get band aid faster.
Vote faster
lol faster
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5174 Jun 16, 2013
Strange take

Can you point out to me where the poster stated such a thing ?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5175 Jun 16, 2013
Remember this; most people spreading hate about Volt utilize mistruths about the car. Letís take a few from this page.

Some might want to create the illusion that Volt is a fleet car.
Most Volts are retail sale. In fact, most other cars have a higher fleet take rate.

Some might suggest the Volt was rushed to market. This is incorrect. Volt was slowly developed over many years and wasnít released until it was ready. It had nothing to doo with government money or time of execution.
These are facts..
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5176 Jun 16, 2013
Very straight forward. Good job..

Just a reminder, you are responding to one person. Don't feed a troll.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5177 Jun 16, 2013
Not sure I would take his word..
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5178 Jun 16, 2013
Wealthy citizens donít buy cheap little cars. Tire life is a non issue, especially the difference between front and back. Gas cost is a non issue. 32K trouble free miles is another non issue. Wealthy will not boast of company paid miles. Wealthy citizens will not keep a great little vehicle for ten years. Get band aid fast..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gingrich warns GOP to not be the 'anti' party (Mar '14) 13 hr who cares 29
News Itís a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) 18 hr Phillip123 1,154
News Chevrolet Cobalt under investigation for power-... (Feb '10) 18 hr Phillip123 56
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) 21 hr Gina 141
News 2015 Chevrolet Volt review notes: Still a winne... Mon Railfan 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Sat colorado for life 270
News Chinese carmaker, Chrysler near deal (Feb '07) Jun 27 JunkRamLaramieLim... 29
More from around the web