Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,701

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Windsor Lad

United States

#5116 Jun 14, 2013
I'm going back to the gay club tonight. Want to come?
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#5117 Jun 14, 2013
Wifey says:
the obamamobile is already defined as the bottom seller oft he domestics...

and anyone buying a domestics is anti-American.

Too Funny.
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#5118 Jun 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
the obamamobile is already defined as the bottom seller oft he domestics...

and anyone buying a domestics is anti-American.

Too Funny.
That;s very true...

and there is no competition being the lowest.

Too Funny.
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#5119 Jun 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That;s very true...
and there is no competition being the lowest.
Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and the distrust is sinking the likes of jj no nads...

the Queen of the trolls and all of his followers ...

who try to convince themselves and no one else...

that a bottom feeder can really outsell itself.

Too Funny.
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#5120 Jun 14, 2013
Windsor Lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay no attention to Root.
He tends to embellish.
His reference concerns the latest lease incentives for Volt.
Chevrolet Volt sales have been a little slower than expected over the past few months, so General Motors (GM) is offering incentives to pick up the pace.
GM announced that it would take $5,000 off the 2012 Volt and $4,000 off the 2013 Volt. This is in addition to the $7,500 federal tax credit. The Volt can also be purchased with zero percent financing for 48 months, and the driver receives $3,000 in cash off the price.
For those leasing a Volt, GM is offering it for $269 a month for 36 months, with $2,399 due at signing.
Wifey says:
Yea that's very true...

after all it needs to go somewhere...

and the world knows why they added it all to the new Caddy cts.

Too Funny.
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#5121 Jun 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Yea that's very true...

after all it needs to go somewhere...

and the world knows why they added it all to the new Caddy cts.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

after all the domestics are the sucker magnets.

Too Funny.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5122 Jun 15, 2013
Root wrote:
Beware of those soldiers that march and carry weaponry and long to strip away your freedoms and rights because they want to silence all opposition. Beware of those that come and try to prevent varying viewpoint.
Beware fellow Americans and all that enjoy freedom of speech and the rights given to us by God.
Beware all people from around the globe that hold freedom close to their heart and stand strong against those trying to cease your efforts through name calling and antagonizing efforts.
Let this be a warning and serve as an example of those who wish to rule an empire with a rod and violence, for this is the spawn of such tyranny.
Notice the locations from which such individuals post and make a note of it for these are the breeding grounds of such behavior and they are all around us. This should serve as an example of how prevalent this behavior is.
Be careful.
You have no right to hold others accountable for standards you consistently refuse to apply to yourself.

Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5123 Jun 15, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet, even at 65, I am in better shape than you are. Well, maybe it's close. But, I am in better shape than you will ever be at 65.
I ride my bike 30 miles a day and I work out with weights 1 1/2 hours a day.
Open your sewer mouth and ask me to prove it. You know I know how.
You couldn't keep up with me now. You're chump change. When I was your age, I had my house paid for. You don't even have a house.
Come on sewer mouth. Challenge me. I'll put myself on YouTube and then you will put yourself. You don't have the guts.
Better yet, you put yourself first. You would't put yourself on YT after you saw the shape I'm in. You'd be ashamed.
Any takers?
Didn't think so
Ostentatiousness is the foundation which hypocrisy is built on.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5124 Jun 15, 2013
One of the good things about the BMW/GM quick charge DC station is that it will allow an 80% charge in about 20 minutes.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5125 Jun 15, 2013
Still insisting your way is the only way Root?
Only nice things about Volt are allowed in this thread?

(Pssst. Wasn't it you Root who made the big pitch about "our freedoms"?)

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#5126 Jun 15, 2013
Root wrote:
One of the good things about the BMW/GM quick charge DC station is that it will allow an 80% charge in about 20 minutes.
Fast fast and faster..
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5127 Jun 15, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
Still insisting your way is the only way Root?
Only nice things about Volt are allowed in this thread?
(Pssst. Wasn't it you Root who made the big pitch about "our freedoms"?)
This is a positive thread about Volt. If you look up at the top of the page you will see a title. This title on the top of the page tells you this is a Volt Leapfrogs Prius thread which is ďgood things about Volt.Ē Thatís a freedom we enjoy. Thatís why we have a title.

Iím guessing and I could be wrong and I ask you to share your thoughts on this statement Iím about to make, if itís wrong. It seems like rebellion appears to be what you want. If thatís the case let me know. Iím not that type of person and Iím not really interested in bad things. One idea comes to mind, if you want a ďbad Volt pageĒ why not just go start one?

Did you hear about the quick charge station?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5128 Jun 15, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Fast fast and faster..
My only concern is the effect on battery life with the fast charging.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5129 Jun 15, 2013
Yes Root, we've heard about the new charging stations.
Isn't this the 12th time you've reminded us of it?

BTW, Did you hear about the latest GM Recall?
Serious thread of deadly fires.

"DETROIT Ė General Motors is recalling more than 193,652 SUVs from the 2006 and 2007 model years because a circuit board in the driverís door could short and cause a fire."
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5130 Jun 15, 2013
I was just asking because you didnít seem interested in the charging stations. I donít really care about SUV recalls. They donít interest me. Now if you hear about a 2012 Ram Crew Limited 4*4 recall and its serious let me know.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5131 Jun 15, 2013
Hey Root..
Have you heard about the latest sales volumes for Volt and Leaf?

2013 Chevrolet Volt
Chevrolet Volt: Chevrolet continued to struggle with year over year comparisons, and failed to match May of 2012. This May GM sold 1,607, down about 4% from May 2012&#8242;s 1,680
Previously in April, 1,306 units were sold for the month. And what we at first considered but just be a blip in sales earlier in the year, turned into 3 straight declining months
(Feb Ė 1,626, Mar Ė 1,478, April Ė 1,306)

2013 Nissan LEAF
Nissan LEAF: Sales of the Nissan LEAF closed out May at 2,138 units, up 319.2 percent over May of 2012. At 2,138 units sold, May marks the second best sales month in LEAFís US history, bested only by the 2,236 LEAFs sold in March 2013.

Nissan furthers says that ďSince the March launch of the 2013 LEAF, with vehicle and battery assembly in Smyrna, Tenn., Nissan has sold 6,311 LEAF vehicles, up 332.5 percent over the same period in 2012.Ē

Previously in April, Nissan cemented its resurgence to the US market with the 2013 Nissan LEAF, as 1,936 units were sold. According to Nissan, that 1,937 units sold represented a 423.5 percent increase compared to April 2012 figures.

In March Nissan set the all-time monthly sales record for any pure electric vehicle sold in the US ever.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5132 Jun 15, 2013
Yes, I believe we talked about Mayís numbers in the beginning of June. I posted how strong a month Leaf had. Iím excited to see these cars selling. I will vote your post helpful.
Prometheus

Windsor, Canada

#5134 Jun 15, 2013
Hey,Voice of Reality:

Do you realize you're speaking out against the self appointed arbitrator of what can and cannot be posted here?
Do you not respect Root's authority here?
Root not only rules the roost, but he adjudicates every post with his vote-- and sanctions each as to its worthiness,in his opinion.
So every time we post, we hold our breath until we get his approval--or not.
The man has anointed himself as the thread's guru--"El Supremo".
And his word is the law.

PS..
Just kidding.
You're absolutely correct.
In fact, the guy's a two faced hypocrite.
I judge your post as "Right On".
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5135 Jun 15, 2013
Read what I said which is ďGod given rights,Ē not government interpreted rights or Prometheusí rights or any other right you would like to apply.

God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden with a free will. Instructions (commands) came along with it. They were allowed the freedom to choose to obey God and live forever or rebel and die. All men are given the free will to choose good or evil. Freedom has responsibilities and consequences. The same lesson can be applied to writing.

You would like to talk about the first amendment. Grippingly this still applies to your situation. This gives us the freedom of speech, religion, press, petition and assembly. The founding fathers never meant to endorse those who would do wicked deeds and they certainly didnít mean for these freedoms to allow those with a spirit of anarchy (see my reference of rebellion in above post) the right to urinate on such public outposts as this, which I may add has a specific title.

I did all this without calling you a name. Try it sometime.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5136 Jun 15, 2013
My concern with the fast charge stations is the effect on battery life. Does anyone have any legitimate background in this field?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 11 hr Meanie 278
Audi previews Prologue Avant concept before Gen... 19 hr Solarman 1
How to make full use of hair colour spray to ke... 22 hr huanju 1
EdMcD a canada Queer Story 22 hr Not ed the queen ... 1
Paul Reubens as Pee-Wee Herman in Pee-wee's Pla... 23 hr Old Sam 1
Gays Obama and Toyota (May '14) Wed EdMcD 132
Truck driver arrested after train collision Wed Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web