Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4800 May 27, 2013
Root, if you or whoever keep posting the vulgar, offensive, disgusting nonsense you've been doing,It will continue to be removed.
If you you and whoever choose to continue with your shenanegans, it will cause these corrupted forums to be closed.
Your choice pal.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4801 May 27, 2013
Shenanigans are coming from that end not this one. I looked over this forum earlier and checked back just moment ago. What was found? Flatulent verbiage.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4802 May 27, 2013
So , Root once again commits all sorts of really fraudulent, offensive, disruptive, and blatantly stupid acts...

He adopts another's screen name multiple times, pretending to be the person using that name,
In pretending to be someone else, he posts gross vulgarity to make it appear to be the work of the person he's pretending to be.
He clones several other screen names and adds their fake locales, then posts disgusting comments on them as well as his own.
He then pretends he has been hacked for 7 years and has just returned to the discussion, finding it full of nasty stuff.
He has accusatory conversations between himself and those cloned names he created.
His vulgar posts are universally removed by site administrators because they're violations of the site code of conduct.

And the he blames someone else for all of his shenanigans!!

All I would like to know is " How does this character get away with it?"
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4803 May 27, 2013
Root needs to admit his misdeeds and apologize.

All through his latest low life shenanigans, he overlooked one very important fact

"Fortunatly, there are laws in Canada which restrict internet providers and their customers from doing the kinds of things Root's been doing---ie, posting from fake locations anonymously, cloning screen names, pretending to be a Canadian posting in the USA, etc.
We are allowed one internet portal only.
Violators face fines for infractions."

Hate to tell you Root, but we aren't the ones doing your nonsense, simply because by law we cannot do the things you're doing.
Dominic

Canada

#4804 May 27, 2013
The hoser calling himself Root and whatever is an out and out goof noodle.He makes out like he is the good guy. What a laugh that is after all his goofy capers. Unbelievable. Act like a man Root. Admit it.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4805 May 27, 2013
Dominic wrote:
The hoser calling himself Root and whatever is an out and out goof noodle.He makes out like he is the good guy. What a laugh that is after all his goofy capers. Unbelievable. Act like a man Root. Admit it.
Agree.
For once in his life, he should stand up and be accountable.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4806 May 27, 2013
When you slip into that bubbly delight tonight and relinquish your control to Calgon, remember this; things aren’t always what they seem. Now give me the exact size of your clown shoe and I will send you a new pair, on the house.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4807 May 27, 2013
Chevy takes top 4 positions in Indy 500. 7 of top 10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Indianapoli...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4808 May 27, 2013
9037 miles on 14.2 gallons of gas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
car buff

Bensenville, IL

#4809 May 28, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
9037 miles on 14.2 gallons of gas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hn_osO8bt6UXX
Thats why you smell like a shit house.Im sending you a box of beano for your bad gas problem.Your welcome.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4810 May 28, 2013
Root wrote:
When you slip into that bubbly delight tonight and relinquish your control to Calgon, remember this; things aren’t always what they seem. Now give me the exact size of your clown shoe and I will send you a new pair, on the house.
There's only one person I know of who uses the expression "clown shoes".
If I'm correct in assuming who that person is, then the hoax that's been done here is monumental.
Mind you, it would merely confirm that the hoaxer himself is more than a little wierd.
At the very least, I have some consolation in knowing I've played it straight all along.
The Volts a Joke

Athens, OH

#4811 May 28, 2013
Windsor Lad wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm correct in assuming who that person is, then the hoax that's been done here is monumental.
Mind you, it would merely confirm that the hoaxer himself is more than a little wierd.
At the very least, I have some consolation in knowing I've played it straight all along.
The only monumental hoax around here is the Volt.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4812 May 28, 2013
Volt is neither a joke, nor a monumental hoax.
It's a car, a car which is extremely well designed, and a car which portends a technology well beyond what we've been fed by automakers in the past.
That said, in my opinion the Volt has both strengths and weaknesses--there are things I like about it, and other things which I think could be improved.
It's not perfect, but what car is? Nevertheless it's a pretty darn good product for its purpose.
I like the technology, the extended range feature, the fit, finish, and interior features. Of course, one can't dispute the economy it delivers either. It's standout in that regard.
Things which concern me are first, the price. It's true that it'll take 5 to 7 years to amortize that price against an economical gas engined vehicle. I'm also concerned about a couple of other issues--charging facilities are few and far between yet; the rear seat is too small; and regardless of what's been said here the battery will need replacing at some point and that's costly.
There you have it--my sentiments, briefly and succinctly. I haven't gone into a lot of detail, and could have, but too keep this short, I've just touched highlights.
Those of you who will now have a hissy fit and call me all kinds of nasty names are free to do so.
Nevertheless that's my take whether you agree or not.

I don't "hate" Volt. Never did.
Would I buy one?
Not yet. Perhaps in a year or two, as a second "around town" vehicle.
When GM gets costs down (and they eventually will), that will be a good reason to reconsider.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4813 May 28, 2013
Windsor Lad wrote:
Volt is neither a joke, nor a monumental hoax.
It's a car, a car which is extremely well designed, and a car which portends a technology well beyond what we've been fed by automakers in the past.
That said, in my opinion the Volt has both strengths and weaknesses--there are things I like about it, and other things which I think could be improved.
It's not perfect, but what car is? Nevertheless it's a pretty darn good product for its purpose.
I like the technology, the extended range feature, the fit, finish, and interior features. Of course, one can't dispute the economy it delivers either. It's standout in that regard.
Things which concern me are first, the price. It's true that it'll take 5 to 7 years to amortize that price against an economical gas engined vehicle. I'm also concerned about a couple of other issues--charging facilities are few and far between yet; the rear seat is too small; and regardless of what's been said here the battery will need replacing at some point and that's costly.
There you have it--my sentiments, briefly and succinctly. I haven't gone into a lot of detail, and could have, but too keep this short, I've just touched highlights.
Those of you who will now have a hissy fit and call me all kinds of nasty names are free to do so.
Nevertheless that's my take whether you agree or not.
I don't "hate" Volt. Never did.
Would I buy one?
Not yet. Perhaps in a year or two, as a second "around town" vehicle.
When GM gets costs down (and they eventually will), that will be a good reason to reconsider.
Good job talking about the Volt. I almost fell off the sofa.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4814 May 28, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Good job talking about the Volt. I almost fell off the sofa.
Why you would fall off a couch is a surprise.
In spite of all the controversy about me being here, I've always talked the same language throughout about Volt. Pros and cons, nothing more, nothing less.
If you or anyone else can prove different, I would welcome hearing about it.

In the meantime, do you have anything to confess about "clown shoes"?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4815 May 28, 2013
To find you not talking about the Volt is easy. The reference to clown shoes was in response to your numerous postings and how wrong they are.

Clown Shoes:
Something that is ridiculous in its appearance or existence.
Bullshit; something blatantly stupid.
Something or someone that is a total joke.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4816 May 28, 2013
Mind you, it would merely confirm that the hoaxer himself is more than a little weird.

His latest comments tend to confirm weird.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4817 May 28, 2013
So I’ll take the bait. Who is “the only one person I know of who uses the expression "clown shoes".” If you can give me that piece of your puzzle maybe we can go on to the next piece.
Windsor Lad

Windsor, Canada

#4818 May 28, 2013
Bait worked.
I've already snagged the fish.
It's a bottom feeder.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4819 May 28, 2013
Weak response

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Better Battery? A Survey of What Might Come a... 1 hr Solarman 1
News Fast & Furious But With The Little Rascals 13 hr ERIC 4
News Chevrolet Cobalt under investigation for power-... (Feb '10) Tue Babygirl 61
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jan 17 pisty10 28
News There Won't Be A Donald Trump Inaugural License... Jan 17 Second Amendment ... 3
V11.00.017 Toyota TIS Techstream Free Download (Feb '16) Jan 15 Jdail2002 13
2018 Ford F-150 - New grille, front, headlights... Jan 15 VanjaIbanez 1
More from around the web