Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4703 May 23, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
(1) The hater takes two different groups opinion about the Chevy Volt's brakes and then claims that I MADE THOSE CLAIMS.
(2) I didn't say that all groups testing the Volt felt the same about the brakes. I was responding to the haters hateful post # 4646.
(3) Sure there are differences of opinions about the brakes. But he had to dig for that one.
His claiming that I contradicted myself only shows his hatred
Sure, everybody feels that they are different. You posted that they are awful.
Re comment (1)
I did not say YOU made those claims. That is a figment of your imagination.
I made it patently clear in my post that I was referring to the two links you had referenced! Nothing more.

Re comment (2)
My 4646 was hateful? If that was hateful then you must be an extremely sensitive person. That post was a quote by a car talk columnist, and was from his road test of a 2013 Volt. Hateful indeed!

Re comment (3)
All I did there was show that there are different opinions on how Volt brakes operate. Didn't have to dig, and I merely quoted one of several road test results I found on the net quite easily. And I didn't sayt "they were awful", indeed the ONLY things I posted about brakes. were comments by cartalk columnists.

My thoughts?
You must either be a little paranoid, or perhaps prone to handing out BS from time to time---on the other hand if you really believe people do the things you say they do then you're possibly a borderline psychotic.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

#4704 May 23, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Speaking of GM's engineering marvels. The SAE (a world renowned group of automotive engineers from all of the worlds automobile manufacturers) named the Volt "Best Engineered Car"
http://www.earthtechling.com/2011/04/aei-name...
Oh yeah ... the Volt was the first American car EVER to win the most coveted award in the automotive world, the European Car Of The Year.
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/chevy-volt-w...
SAE, used to be a organization with integrity.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4705 May 24, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
And anybody who denies that the tea baggers hate the Volt is in a coma.
Your political views are whack and you don’t even know the name of the group you hate.
The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4706 May 24, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody said that they are just trying to keep it fair and balanced. Well .... if that person wanted to keep it fair and balanced, they would post 93% positive posts about the Volt. That's how many people will absolutely buy another Volt. And BTW, another 4% really like the Volt, but they don't know if they will buy again. So let's call it 97%..
This is a fruitcake post!! How any rational person could think that way is bizarre.

This is absolutely nuts-- insisting that "fair and balanced" must only be valid when there are 97% positive posts.

Does this character have any idea what democracy is?

Are there some obscure rules of debate which don't allow an opposing view?

Are opinions no longer allowed because they aren't "positive?"

I'm of the opinion that ideas like his border on insanity.
Advice For Luvmyvolt

Windsor, Canada

#4707 May 24, 2013
You are wrong. Horribly wrong.
In the way you conduct yourself in these forums.

The credibility in the links you post is undoubtedly there. That's not a problem. In fact, some of them are informative and helpful.
However your expressed personal views about others is a problem; it is irrational and has no credibility whatsoever.
Most, if not all of what you accuse others of is merely a figment of what seems to be a rather acutely paranoid imagination.

Here's the problem....

You're hopelessly blinded by an inherent inability to accept anything and anyone not congruent with your pitifully narrow views.
Simply put, you are unable to deal with opposing views or opinions.

Your deeply parochial remarks about others here are simply stereotypical portraits of those you deem less entitled to their opinions than your own.
Soft Balls

United States

#4708 May 24, 2013
Call the Queen immediately. This cannot stand.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4709 May 24, 2013
The Hater_not really wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a fruitcake post!! How any rational person could think that way is bizarre.
This is absolutely nuts-- insisting that "fair and balanced" must only be valid when there are 97% positive posts.
Does this character have any idea what democracy is?
Are there some obscure rules of debate which don't allow an opposing view?
Are opinions no longer allowed because they aren't "positive?"
I'm of the opinion that ideas like his border on insanity.
This is not a place for debate. This is a place to talk about good things about Volt. That's the part you forget.
The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4710 May 24, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>This is not a place for debate. This is a place to talk about good things about Volt. That's the part you forget.
Sorry, but you don't make the rules here, and just arbitrarily trying to stop debate is undemocratic and Unamerican, not to mention just plain stupid.

However, if your intent is to modify some unacceptable content here, Well, that could start with your pal LMV.
He could leave off his cockamamie theories about what's wrong with everybody, wacko claims about your political system,whining how hatefull it is when somebody challenges his whims, etc.

You too have some off topic indulgences as well, like vulgar insults, racial attacks, ethnic comments about other countries, etc. Indeed, you have not set a good example yourself, therefor you have no business preaching to others.

Last but not least, I asked you to leave me out of your fantasies.
For the last time, please cease any remarks directed at me.
I prefer not to deal with foul minded, self important, arrogant, and generally unpleasant individuals.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4711 May 24, 2013
Hey take your vendettas up with him. This is a place to talk about good things about Volt. It’s not a place, never was a place for challenges such as yours so nobody is trying to stop your debate. This just isn’t the place for it.

The stupid comment was unwarranted.
Jim Smatters

United States

#4712 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you don't make the rules here, and just arbitrarily trying to stop debate is undemocratic and Unamerican, not to mention just plain stupid.
However, if your intent is to modify some unacceptable content here, Well, that could start with your pal LMV.
He could leave off his cockamamie theories about what's wrong with everybody, wacko claims about your political system,whining how hatefull it is when somebody challenges his whims, etc.
You too have some off topic indulgences as well, like vulgar insults, racial attacks, ethnic comments about other countries, etc. Indeed, you have not set a good example yourself, therefor you have no business preaching to others.
Last but not least, I asked you to leave me out of your fantasies.
For the last time, please cease any remarks directed at me.
I prefer not to deal with foul minded, self important, arrogant, and generally unpleasant individuals.
You should let owners and fans talk about their cars without having to deal with your negativity day in and day out. Why are you here anyway?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4713 May 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>You should let owners and fans talk about their cars without having to deal with your negativity day in and day out. Why are you here anyway?
Good luck with that. He’s rude, crude, just plain nasty and something within him wants to stay here and constantly nag and take cheap shots at everyone that doesn’t agree with him. Its disgusting behavior to say the least. Look at his last post to me! I simply reminded him this is a place to share good things about Volt and he went off into a name calling frenzy. When it’s returned to him he gets upset. I don’t know if it’s a Canadian thing or what. They don’t like our ways or our ability to share good things without some challenge. Something drives this type of behavior deep in their psyche.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4714 May 24, 2013
Hater:

A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock someone else down a notch.

Susan: You know, Kevin from accounting is doing very well. He just bought a house in a very nice part of town.

Gizmo (hater): If he is doing so well why does he drive that '89 Taurus?
The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4715 May 24, 2013
When you guys are done crying the blues, be sure to remind yourselves about your own shortcomings.
When your conduct is free of any unpleasantness and acrimony, then, and only then, you may complain about others.
In the meantime I'll just carry on as usual.
Have a nice day fellas.
Jim Smatters

United States

#4716 May 24, 2013
Root wrote:
Hater:
A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.
Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock someone else down a notch.
Susan: You know, Kevin from accounting is doing very well. He just bought a house in a very nice part of town.
Gizmo (hater): If he is doing so well why does he drive that '89 Taurus?
Yes I would agree with that. I come here on occasion to share something I find interesting just to click the exit button when I browse down and see his mean spirited comments.
The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4717 May 24, 2013
Root wrote:
Hater:
A person that simply cannot be happy. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.
As an obviously acutely unhappy person, You don't need any help from anyone in exposing your flaws.
You do that quite capably without the aid of others.
Need we say more?
The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4718 May 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I would agree with that. I come here on occasion to share something I find interesting just to click the exit button when I browse down and see his mean spirited
comments.
Is your post any less mean spirited Jim?
C'mon now, be honest.
Jim Smatters

United States

#4719 May 24, 2013
When you guys are done crying the blues, be sure to remind yourselves about your own shortcomings.
When your conduct is free of any unpleasantness and acrimony, then, and only then, you may complain about others.
In the meantime I'll just carry on as usual.
Have a nice day fellas.
I've never said one mean thing to you. Maybe you should recognize what you're causing here. I bet there would be more participants here if your brand of hatred was dismissed.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#4720 May 24, 2013
Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reminding us of those GM engineering marvels. The funny thing it's the same old GM engineering team that designed the Volt; only they're about 30 years older; too funny!
Don't post nonsense if you expect to be taken seriously. The engineers who designed the Volt weren't even born when the Corvair was planned.
The Hater_not really

Windsor, Canada

#4721 May 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>I've never said one mean thing to you. Maybe you should recognize what you're causing here. I bet there would be more participants here if your brand of hatred was dismissed.
And have I ever said one "hatred" thing to you?
Furthermore have I ever said one "hatred" thing about Volt?
Have I ever used filthy, vulgar, and hateful profanity at all?

I would be interested in seeing your evidence of any such "hatred".
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4722 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
As an obviously acutely unhappy person, You don't need any help from anyone in exposing your flaws.
You do that quite capably without the aid of others.
Need we say more?
This comment of yours says it all. It’s just another perfect example of your snide ways, sarcasm and negativity. Those are trademarks of yours. You don’t want people talking about the Volt in a good way. Your number one goal is to cause disruption here. It’s obvious by your comments and attacks and those attacks might I mention only reflect against those that like the Volt. Those that actually want to participate in what this forum really is supposed to be without torment from people like you.

That’s a problem you need to come to grips with. Leave us alone and let us talk about the Volt is a good way! Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xhorse Condor XC-Mini key cutting adds 16 Multi... 25 min Ambrosio 1
Free Download Psdzdata 3.58.2.001 E-sys 3.26.1 11 hr Dtwok 2
News Goodbye, 12-volts 18 hr Solarman 3
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) 23 hr Janealen 213
How to solve XPROG-M 5.55 “Device is Silent” Error 23 hr Janealen 1
How to Buy Extra Car Models Software for Foxwel... Wed lanrce 1
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Wed Janealen 6
More from around the web