Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
4,401 - 4,420 of 9,217 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The Hater wrote:
Has GM Been Dishonest About Their Volt?
There is a major concern with the dishonesty that GM has exhibited over the potential for the Chevy Volt.
The Volt was touted as a "game-changer" for GM as taxpayer money was lobbied for during the company's bailout process.
The media pumped GM's hype and expectations were that the Volt would be selling about 20,000 a month by now, not 2,000!
When expectations fell far short, GM lied about the reasons for the failure, first blaming low supply and, even more bizarrely, a right wing conspiracy to discredit the car.
How unethical is it for a company supported by a Democratic President to make political statements against Republicans and help the benevolent sitting president to win reelection?
Please tone it down.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Please tone it down.
Please reserve your advice for those who deserve it.
Thank you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
Agree 100%, thank you. The moral of the story is this, if you fail at one controversy, cough up another. If that doesnít work, do it again. When you fail at that too, do it again, and again, and again, and again. When you get into the situation of actually being a failure at that and all else fails, resort to hate.

Itís a sad day when people regurgitate talking points they themselves donít even believe. This usually happens when youíre the queen of controversy.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
Being that you are intent on "toning things down".....

Post number 4608 (previous page) deserves your attention.
It is vulgar and offensive.
It violates Topix code of conduct.
It is posted by a perennial faker of usernames.
This post, along with its author should be removed.
Thank you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Hopefully we can get back to the conversation after the resident evil doer spit out some more hate..

I test drove a CNG 2500 and was extremely impressed with the technology.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone know if the Volt can be converted into a stretch limousine? The Hollyweird types would buy them up like luxury yachts.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Critics Of The Volt Entitled To Their Say.

Critics of the Volt would not really care about the dismal sales if taxpayers were not paying for the folly.
If a private sector company foolishly follows a money-losing strategy for ideological reasons, that's their choice.
But the Volt was and is funded with taxpayer money.
Further, most financing comes from taxpayer-owned Ally Financial, which the Obama Administration has refused to exit while GM is reliant upon the funding.
This refusal has often been criticized by a government watchdog in recent reports.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

If you add garlic to the Volt's gas tank, you'll never have to worry about the Volts gas going stale. It will also increase the Volt's MPG in the Cold Mountain Mode without defroster, heat, radio, passangers, luggage, ski rack, and snowmobile trailer by about 2 miles per gallon. iluvmyvolt will have the exact data any time now.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
Does anyone know if the Volt can be converted into a stretch limousine? The Hollyweird types would buy them up like luxury yachts.
Most are done up with square wheel wells like a Silverado with a spinners option. Tinted windows are a must but these arenít any tinted windows. These are actually solar panels bought from the remnants of Solyndra. Pink plush interiors and thin wristed furry handcuffs are complimentary in the Canadian edition. These are mostly sold in the Toronto area, marketed under ďVolt Plush.Ē
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

If you add garlic to the Volt's gas tank, you'll never have to worry about the Volts gas going stale. It will also increase the Volt's MPG in the Cold Mountain Mode without defroster, heat, radio, passangers, luggage, ski rack, and snowmobile trailer by about 2 miles per gallon. iluvmyvolt will have the exact data any time now.
Yes but the garlic must be fresh for desired effect.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but the garlic must be fresh for desired effect.
That goes without saying, and even better if it's grown in Michigan.

http://www.michiganorganic.msu.edu/uploads/fi...
car master

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Well folks it looks like our pal rooty is hiding under his bed in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth.My vast knowledge has that effect on people.Gosh Im good hah?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

car master wrote:
Well folks it looks like our pal rooty is hiding under his bed in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth.My vast knowledge has that effect on people.Gosh Im good hah?
lol
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
That goes without saying, and even better if it's grown in Michigan.
http://www.michiganorganic.msu.edu/uploads/fi...
We grow better garlic down here.
The Hater

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The "Faker Faker" is really into the kinky stuff.
I love the kinky stuff. It turns me on.
Doing an impressive job of relocating the IP though. I wonder if he can beat me at hide the ding dong?
Nevertheless, try as you may "Faker", your perverted tactics won't be around for long hot dog.
All it takes is 2 minutes to click on "Please Abuse my Butt ", and your offensive vulgarity is history.
You certainly have all the earmarks of a rather twisted individual and that gets me excited.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Does anyone know if the Volts OnStar system is capable of pumping Musak into the Volt like they do at iluvmyvolt's chevy dealer garage concert series? Nothing like a free concerts on a Sunday afternoon.
The Original Hater

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Ewee I love Muzak. When I'm at the bath house I have Bob rub me down and we play tickles to it.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

What We Don't Like About Volt. Cars.com

The brakes: Our three main complaints about the Volt are the brakes, the brakes and the brakes. I thought the pedal felt pretty decent compared with hybrids when I first reviewed the car last autumn, but we've all come to loathe our Volt's brakes for the dead zone over the first inch or so of pedal travel and the mushiness thereafter. Awkward nosedive braking is all but assured when parking. In an otherwise impressive driving experience, it's a major downer, and something you experience every single time you drive, making it a potential deal-breaker for shoppers.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Interior space: The moms and dads on staff found one of the Volt's other major shortcomings, and that's limited space for child-safety seats. Frankly, our editors are split on the issue of backseat space for adults, because some object to begging legroom from front occupants and/or they don't like the high center console between the two seats. But when it comes to child-safety seats, there's about as much room for argument as there is for the seats themselves. The Volt has no center position, and the console crowds the child-safety seats and complicates their installation. Even if you seldom use the center position in a car's backseat, it's valuable overspill area for a child seat.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Another shortcoming is one you don't experience every time you drive, and that's the premium gas requirement. If you run electric-only, all is well, but cars like the Volt are often purchased to save money on fuel (if not the car itself). Premium gas is the province of luxury and high-performance cars, and likely Volt buyers have never touched a premium nozzle in their lives. At an estimated 37 mpg once the engine turns on, the Volt is reasonably efficient, but more affordable cars with comparable interior space are now pushing 40 mpg on regular gas. Having the on-board generator as a backup is key to the Volt's "value proposition," but the incongruity of filling it with premium fuel when the battery runs out is its own kind of penalty. It isn't as bad as getting stranded in a purely battery-electric car, but it's a monetary and existential penalty regardless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••