Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,218

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4599 May 21, 2013
The hater doesn't understand the difference between gas going stale and GM knowing that and GM understanding what warranties entail.

GM knows that gas can't go stale in it's gas tank in just 12 months. They allow Volt owners to drive for 12 months without using gas.

What other company would do that? None. Because the Volt's gas tank is sealed, vacuumed, and unable to let gas go stale in 12 months.

However, there is such a thing called a warranty. The engineers would never let the gas stay in the tank longer than 12 months.

They know that in another 12 months, the gas will probably start getting a little bit stale.

Whoopty Doopty

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4600 May 21, 2013
Back to Volt facts:

This person achieved 45.5 mpg on a 311 mile trip. This is a perfect example of the car reverting back to electric, when in gas mode, for short periods of time. When coasting, going downhill or braking, the car goes into regenerative actions.

Most of the time, it is enough for the car to go to electric power. When the accellorator is pressed, it stays in electric for a short distance. The car then car goes into "engine and battery power", then "engine" power.

What people who don't own the Volt misunderstand about the EPA gas mpg estimates is that the 38 mpg number assigned is for gas only, not taking into consideration the regenerative actions. The car goes into electric power even when in gas mode. Over an extended period of time, the car will travel several miles in this state when it is all added up.

The electric only miles (when in gas mode) added to the gas miles is what gives Volt owners 40 + mpg when in gas mode.

That is why the EPA is considering changing the test for electrics.

This video is a perfect example of why the Volt gets well over the epa estimate of 38 mpg.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4601 May 21, 2013
Jay Leno: At 1:22, he states that he has driven 18,000 miles and used 12 gallons of gas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4602 May 21, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4603 May 21, 2013
"I don't advise using older fuel in expensive engines unless testing, but gasoline can hold for months
A N D Y E A R S
if properly stored."
http://blog.gasbuddy.com/posts/Maintenance-Mo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4604 May 21, 2013
I love this Texan. He was driving something that was giving him about 9 mpg. Probably a Hummer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4605 May 21, 2013
2,700 miles on 1.7 gallons of gas

Wow .... I guess the guy at this link got it wrong.

http://carnewscafe.com/2013/04/top-5-misconce...

"4/14/2013 This section rescinded by the author, who concedes that his original premise was incorrect and who is not interested in re-writing this section to make it correct."

Why would anybody post this link without reading THAT disclaimer?

Answer ... it's the best that haters can do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4606 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who introduced the little slut into this thread, not me, ergo you were the one who made her a target.
As for anybody who hates me or does not, WHO CARES? You keep talking about yourself as some sort of expert on anything and everything you talk about, that is a joke. I give for example your statement about gas not going stale and can be stored for years.
Gas does in fact go stale, ever hear of condensation? Ever hear of replacing bad gas in a boat or lawnmower after a winter of storage? The real facts (admitted to be GM) are that the volt gets about 30 to 35 miles off of an electric charge, depending on several considerations such as but not limited to. The way you drive, the type of terrain you are driving, whether you use either the heater or air conditioner while you are driving. The next real world fact about a volt is that on a 100 mile trip the volt will do the first 30 to 35 miles on electric and the next 65 to 70 on gas at about 33 mpg, ergo the volt takes about 2 gallons of gas to do the first hundred miles where the elantra takes three making a giant savings of one gallon at a price of between $3.25 to 4.00 and the driver of the elantra will not suffer penalty from using heater or air conditioner. Now I know you will bring up your daily trips for food and other things, however, the real world solution to this is that more and more towns and cities are allowing the "Estate Car" to be used for this reason at a cost of less than $2.000 if you are smart and know where to shop. Oh yes, unless you are unable to do physical activity there is always the old, tried and true bicycle that can be used. You will be glad to know that there are many communities where people who commute on bikes can park them free of charge and meet at local meeting places to celebrate their new found good health.
Only a perverted little man would attack a 10 year old child. Only a perverted little hater would keep silent.

Happiness avoids you. All you have left is wallowing. Even pigs wallow for a reason.
vel of humanity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Trumbull, CT

#4607 May 22, 2013
iluvmyVolt your obsession with the Volt is sick! The Volt is not that great unless your an electricity grubbing miser. So spare us your BS.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4609 May 22, 2013
The "Faker Faker" is really into the kinky stuff.
Doing an impressive job of relocating the IP though.
Nevertheless, try as you may "Faker", your perverted tactics won't be around for long.
All it takes is 2 minutes to click on "Report Abuse", and your offensive vulgarity is history.
You certainly have all the earmarks of a rather twisted individual.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4610 May 22, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hater. Nobody is fooled by your other personas. The dolt called my grand daughter a slut.
If you consider yourself a man, stand up and say something. Otherwise, quite pretending you are somebody else and calling out Root for saying you are wrong. You hypocrite.
So Luvmyvolt, what's with "all my other personas"?
How many personas do you think I have?
Needless to say, I don't do that "Other Persona" thing like we see so often here.
So, I challenge you to show your evidence of me using "Other Personas"
Until you can prove your claim, we have no choice but to call you the blowhard that you are.

BTW, gas stored for more than 3 months will deteriorate.
That's why Volt designers added the feature which warns owners to not leave it unused.

Also, the issue of your Grandaughter is between you and the Dolt.
Please don't drag me into your petty arguments with others.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4612 May 22, 2013
Does anyone know how to set up a Volt with a tow package, and how much the amazing Volt can tow?
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4614 May 22, 2013
Professor Perrywinkle wrote:
<quoted text>Let's get your mind out of the gutter today.
What's the matter Root?
You must want the gutter all to yourself perhaps?

Hater Faker
Gizmo Faker
Professor Perrywinkle Faker
Dolt Faker
Etc.

You must really like moving around using other's names.
A "Faker Fetish" perhaps?
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4616 May 22, 2013
What have we learned lately?

Gas and oil in a Volt can go stale if not used.

We're still seeing the same propaganda about Volt, and any time someone challenges it, Luvmyvolt goes on another defensive rampage.

Rott is still occupying the bottom rung on the ladder of stupid posts.

The resident "Username Faker" is indulging his fetish and copying everyone's usernames.

Luvmyvolt is desperate to justify his ownership of a Volt, and is now using up entire pages of this forum to do so.

Root is back at his old tricks--vulgarity, nasty personal insults, plus renewal of an old wrinkle. He fakes usernames.

The gruesome twosome (Root and Luvmyvolt, have ramped up their strategy of nasty trickery. Faking usernames.

All of the really vulgar posts by the resident "Username Faker" are being removed by site administrators.(Thank You Administrators)
car master

Hoffman Estates, IL

#4619 May 22, 2013
Root wrote:
Now if you want to argue a hypothetical “but if you store the car for months the gas will go bad” sure, you can say the gas will go at some point. That would be true of every car, motorcycle, or tank.
To put it in plain English, the gasoline in the Volt isn’t going bad and saying it is or “can” is just another one of the multitudes of “challenges” you spit out daily.
Thats why the tesla is the better option my delusional friend.No gas or oil to worry about going bad.Just get in the number one rated car from consumers reports and drive quietly on pure electric power.Do you agree?
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4620 May 22, 2013
Root, It would be greatly appreciated if you would just leave me out of your self serving fantasies from now on.

Frankly Root, I don't like you, I don't like your condescending nonsense, I don't like your vulgar personal insults, I don't like the silly username games you play, and so on.

Basically you're just not a nice person.

And I really don't wish to be associated with the likes of you in any way.

I will continue to do my thing here without any of your stupid and mindless interference.

Simply leave me out of your miserable life.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4622 May 22, 2013
Dismal Sales For Chevy Volt ThisYear

GM's lame reasoning for the post-election lows (actually, the lowest since February of 2012) for Volt sales is that consumers pulled sales from January by purchasing in December of 2012 when GM sold a whopping 2,633 Volts.
In the scenario GM presents, this means that sales for Volts can be expected to average fewer than 2,000 a month in the absence of money-losing incentives to sell Volts.
GM has previously admitted that there is no market for the Volt and that demand was manufactured by incentivizing short term leases that end up costing taxpayers about $10 for every gallon of gas saved by the Volt.
These money-losing leases drove about two-thirds of the politically-charged Volt's "sales" leading up to the presidential election and were funded by government-owned Ally Financial.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4623 May 22, 2013
More On Volt's Dismal Sales This Year

GM's plug-in EV focus sees the company now planning for a plug-in version of the Chevy Cruze (the same platform as the Volt), a Cadillac version of the Volt, and the recently unveiled plug-in Chevy Spark.
The insane money-losing strategy of building cars that consumers do not seem to want is costing both shareholders and the taxpayers who are funding the technology with billions of dollars.
A recent Congressional Budget Office report revealed that the money is not well spent and that taxpayers will pay about $7.5 billion on EV subsidies over the next few years for little benefit.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4624 May 22, 2013
Has GM Been Dishonest About Their Volt?

There is a major concern with the dishonesty that GM has exhibited over the potential for the Chevy Volt.
The Volt was touted as a "game-changer" for GM as taxpayer money was lobbied for during the company's bailout process.
The media pumped GM's hype and expectations were that the Volt would be selling about 20,000 a month by now, not 2,000!
When expectations fell far short, GM lied about the reasons for the failure, first blaming low supply and, even more bizarrely, a right wing conspiracy to discredit the car.
How unethical is it for a company supported by a Democratic President to make political statements against Republicans and help the benevolent sitting president to win reelection?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#4625 May 22, 2013
The Hater wrote:
Has GM Been Dishonest About Their Volt?
There is a major concern with the dishonesty that GM has exhibited over the potential for the Chevy Volt.
The Volt was touted as a "game-changer" for GM as taxpayer money was lobbied for during the company's bailout process.
The media pumped GM's hype and expectations were that the Volt would be selling about 20,000 a month by now, not 2,000!
When expectations fell far short, GM lied about the reasons for the failure, first blaming low supply and, even more bizarrely, a right wing conspiracy to discredit the car.
How unethical is it for a company supported by a Democratic President to make political statements against Republicans and help the benevolent sitting president to win reelection?
Please tone it down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Super Elm 327 OBD different from elm327 usb... (Oct '13) Wed Dave1987 3
Malaysia Airlines Is Hemorrhaging Money, Flying... Wed _malon_goblok 7
Ceramic Brake Pads (Aug '12) Wed Zach 2
2014 New Arrival SuperOBD SKP-900 Wed uobd2 1
Swedish Magazine Says AWD Honda CR-V Turns Out ... Oct 25 Overrated 1
NHTSA opening probe into Ford Freestar/Mercury ... (Jan '10) Oct 25 Teresa 18
Refreshing or Revolting: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Jan '13) Oct 24 Ben 20

Autos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE