Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4614 May 22, 2013
Professor Perrywinkle wrote:
<quoted text>Let's get your mind out of the gutter today.
What's the matter Root?
You must want the gutter all to yourself perhaps?

Hater Faker
Gizmo Faker
Professor Perrywinkle Faker
Dolt Faker
Etc.

You must really like moving around using other's names.
A "Faker Fetish" perhaps?
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4616 May 22, 2013
What have we learned lately?

Gas and oil in a Volt can go stale if not used.

We're still seeing the same propaganda about Volt, and any time someone challenges it, Luvmyvolt goes on another defensive rampage.

Rott is still occupying the bottom rung on the ladder of stupid posts.

The resident "Username Faker" is indulging his fetish and copying everyone's usernames.

Luvmyvolt is desperate to justify his ownership of a Volt, and is now using up entire pages of this forum to do so.

Root is back at his old tricks--vulgarity, nasty personal insults, plus renewal of an old wrinkle. He fakes usernames.

The gruesome twosome (Root and Luvmyvolt, have ramped up their strategy of nasty trickery. Faking usernames.

All of the really vulgar posts by the resident "Username Faker" are being removed by site administrators.(Thank You Administrators)
car master

Naperville, IL

#4619 May 22, 2013
Root wrote:
Now if you want to argue a hypothetical “but if you store the car for months the gas will go bad” sure, you can say the gas will go at some point. That would be true of every car, motorcycle, or tank.
To put it in plain English, the gasoline in the Volt isn’t going bad and saying it is or “can” is just another one of the multitudes of “challenges” you spit out daily.
Thats why the tesla is the better option my delusional friend.No gas or oil to worry about going bad.Just get in the number one rated car from consumers reports and drive quietly on pure electric power.Do you agree?
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4620 May 22, 2013
Root, It would be greatly appreciated if you would just leave me out of your self serving fantasies from now on.

Frankly Root, I don't like you, I don't like your condescending nonsense, I don't like your vulgar personal insults, I don't like the silly username games you play, and so on.

Basically you're just not a nice person.

And I really don't wish to be associated with the likes of you in any way.

I will continue to do my thing here without any of your stupid and mindless interference.

Simply leave me out of your miserable life.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4622 May 22, 2013
Dismal Sales For Chevy Volt ThisYear

GM's lame reasoning for the post-election lows (actually, the lowest since February of 2012) for Volt sales is that consumers pulled sales from January by purchasing in December of 2012 when GM sold a whopping 2,633 Volts.
In the scenario GM presents, this means that sales for Volts can be expected to average fewer than 2,000 a month in the absence of money-losing incentives to sell Volts.
GM has previously admitted that there is no market for the Volt and that demand was manufactured by incentivizing short term leases that end up costing taxpayers about $10 for every gallon of gas saved by the Volt.
These money-losing leases drove about two-thirds of the politically-charged Volt's "sales" leading up to the presidential election and were funded by government-owned Ally Financial.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4623 May 22, 2013
More On Volt's Dismal Sales This Year

GM's plug-in EV focus sees the company now planning for a plug-in version of the Chevy Cruze (the same platform as the Volt), a Cadillac version of the Volt, and the recently unveiled plug-in Chevy Spark.
The insane money-losing strategy of building cars that consumers do not seem to want is costing both shareholders and the taxpayers who are funding the technology with billions of dollars.
A recent Congressional Budget Office report revealed that the money is not well spent and that taxpayers will pay about $7.5 billion on EV subsidies over the next few years for little benefit.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4624 May 22, 2013
Has GM Been Dishonest About Their Volt?

There is a major concern with the dishonesty that GM has exhibited over the potential for the Chevy Volt.
The Volt was touted as a "game-changer" for GM as taxpayer money was lobbied for during the company's bailout process.
The media pumped GM's hype and expectations were that the Volt would be selling about 20,000 a month by now, not 2,000!
When expectations fell far short, GM lied about the reasons for the failure, first blaming low supply and, even more bizarrely, a right wing conspiracy to discredit the car.
How unethical is it for a company supported by a Democratic President to make political statements against Republicans and help the benevolent sitting president to win reelection?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#4625 May 22, 2013
The Hater wrote:
Has GM Been Dishonest About Their Volt?
There is a major concern with the dishonesty that GM has exhibited over the potential for the Chevy Volt.
The Volt was touted as a "game-changer" for GM as taxpayer money was lobbied for during the company's bailout process.
The media pumped GM's hype and expectations were that the Volt would be selling about 20,000 a month by now, not 2,000!
When expectations fell far short, GM lied about the reasons for the failure, first blaming low supply and, even more bizarrely, a right wing conspiracy to discredit the car.
How unethical is it for a company supported by a Democratic President to make political statements against Republicans and help the benevolent sitting president to win reelection?
Please tone it down.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4626 May 22, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Please tone it down.
Please reserve your advice for those who deserve it.
Thank you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4628 May 22, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Agree 100%, thank you. The moral of the story is this, if you fail at one controversy, cough up another. If that doesn’t work, do it again. When you fail at that too, do it again, and again, and again, and again. When you get into the situation of actually being a failure at that and all else fails, resort to hate.

It’s a sad day when people regurgitate talking points they themselves don’t even believe. This usually happens when you’re the queen of controversy.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4629 May 22, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Being that you are intent on "toning things down".....

Post number 4608 (previous page) deserves your attention.
It is vulgar and offensive.
It violates Topix code of conduct.
It is posted by a perennial faker of usernames.
This post, along with its author should be removed.
Thank you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4630 May 22, 2013
Hopefully we can get back to the conversation after the resident evil doer spit out some more hate..

I test drove a CNG 2500 and was extremely impressed with the technology.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4632 May 22, 2013
Does anyone know if the Volt can be converted into a stretch limousine? The Hollyweird types would buy them up like luxury yachts.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4633 May 22, 2013
Critics Of The Volt Entitled To Their Say.

Critics of the Volt would not really care about the dismal sales if taxpayers were not paying for the folly.
If a private sector company foolishly follows a money-losing strategy for ideological reasons, that's their choice.
But the Volt was and is funded with taxpayer money.
Further, most financing comes from taxpayer-owned Ally Financial, which the Obama Administration has refused to exit while GM is reliant upon the funding.
This refusal has often been criticized by a government watchdog in recent reports.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4634 May 22, 2013
If you add garlic to the Volt's gas tank, you'll never have to worry about the Volts gas going stale. It will also increase the Volt's MPG in the Cold Mountain Mode without defroster, heat, radio, passangers, luggage, ski rack, and snowmobile trailer by about 2 miles per gallon. iluvmyvolt will have the exact data any time now.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4635 May 22, 2013
Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
Does anyone know if the Volt can be converted into a stretch limousine? The Hollyweird types would buy them up like luxury yachts.
Most are done up with square wheel wells like a Silverado with a spinners option. Tinted windows are a must but these aren’t any tinted windows. These are actually solar panels bought from the remnants of Solyndra. Pink plush interiors and thin wristed furry handcuffs are complimentary in the Canadian edition. These are mostly sold in the Toronto area, marketed under “Volt Plush.”
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4636 May 22, 2013
Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
If you add garlic to the Volt's gas tank, you'll never have to worry about the Volts gas going stale. It will also increase the Volt's MPG in the Cold Mountain Mode without defroster, heat, radio, passangers, luggage, ski rack, and snowmobile trailer by about 2 miles per gallon. iluvmyvolt will have the exact data any time now.
Yes but the garlic must be fresh for desired effect.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4639 May 22, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but the garlic must be fresh for desired effect.
That goes without saying, and even better if it's grown in Michigan.

http://www.michiganorganic.msu.edu/uploads/fi...
car master

Naperville, IL

#4640 May 22, 2013
Well folks it looks like our pal rooty is hiding under his bed in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth.My vast knowledge has that effect on people.Gosh Im good hah?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4641 May 22, 2013
car master wrote:
Well folks it looks like our pal rooty is hiding under his bed in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth.My vast knowledge has that effect on people.Gosh Im good hah?
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Volvo Vcads 88890180 PTT software Free download (Jan '16) 22 min hirad 40
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 6 hr Jack flash 210
Help with 2002 Honda Odyssey radio code (Oct '07) Thu Foortay 83
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Apr 26 Tom 19
News Jeep Trailcat Is the 707-hp Hellcat-Powered Wra... (Mar '16) Apr 25 Wheels 7
Xhorse the best vvdi2 bmw Apr 25 Ambrosio 3
Where to buy VVDI 2, VVDI PROG programmer? (Oct '15) Apr 24 Ambrosio 5
More from around the web