Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11775 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4591 May 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Let me help you. Your words are not polite. We need to address this first.
Truth be told Root, you're the one who really needs help.
I'm trying to be helpful here, so please don't get all upset.
Root, the help you need is way beyond the capability of anyone here - even yours truly.
So maybe you should start by paying a visit to your family doctor.
Then you might be able to get that badly needed referral to a psychologist.
Good luck.

Don't forget the 12 step guidelines.
The most crucial step in rehab is that first one.
Admitting to yourself that you have the problem.
Be strong. You can have a much better and more fulfilling life.
All you have to do is make it past that first step.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4592 May 21, 2013
The Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth be told Root, you're the one who really needs help.
I'm trying to be helpful here, so please don't get all upset.
Root, the help you need is way beyond the capability of anyone here - even yours truly.
So maybe you should start by paying a visit to your family doctor.
Then you might be able to get that badly needed referral to a psychologist.
Good luck.
Don't forget the 12 step guidelines.
The most crucial step in rehab is that first one.
Admitting to yourself that you have the problem.
Be strong. You can have a much better and more fulfilling life.
All you have to do is make it past that first step.
I'm here when you need me. Please don't hesistate. May you find love in your heart.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4593 May 21, 2013
Things we learned about the Volt today:

Gas in the Volt will not go bad.

You can get up to 50 miles on electric charge in a Volt.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

#4594 May 21, 2013
Root wrote:
Things we learned about the Volt today:
Volt owners are insecure, vile misers.
car master

Palatine, IL

#4595 May 21, 2013
Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Volt owners are insecure, vile misers.
Well folks the stats are in.Yes 9 out of ten volt owners have limp D##KS!!!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4596 May 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>The hater got his bottom spanked, good job. The hater will often find something on the internet and post it as truth. It's easy to see. Volt is great!
Did you notice all the responses, the wow's the who cares, all the slamming ... and not one link. I provided links to every single one of their "Volt facts", and they say who cares.

I'm having so much fun. Mainly because I have so many more facts waiting to pull out!!!

OK, Root. I've got a great video for you. It show a basic Volt ... in no way the top of the line. It is the same as my Volt.

This guy shows just some of the cool things you can do. They aren't options that are Volt alone, but it goes to show that the basic cars that haters like to compare to the Volt are not up to snuff.

This guy had his Volt for only 2 months when he posted this. He did a great job of investigating and a great job on the video.

Check it out. These are just a few of the options .... and this is a basic Volt.

What an awesome car!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4597 May 21, 2013
The dolt calls my 10 year old grand daughter a slut and the hater approves.

Enough said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4598 May 21, 2013
Dominic wrote:
As a newbie in this, I came here to participate and perhaps learn. What I have learned is just how mean some participants can be to each other. Most people here act like children in an elementary school arguing who is it in a game of tag. I am appalled at the language some of you use.The one calling himself Root should be ashamed for making awful statements like he does. Whoever the one is who uses other peoples names has got to be sick from the way he talks. I would welcome some decent conversation with people, but it does not happen here. That's my two cents worth.
Hey hater. Nobody is fooled by your other personas. The dolt called my grand daughter a slut.

If you consider yourself a man, stand up and say something. Otherwise, quite pretending you are somebody else and calling out Root for saying you are wrong. You hypocrite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4599 May 21, 2013
The hater doesn't understand the difference between gas going stale and GM knowing that and GM understanding what warranties entail.

GM knows that gas can't go stale in it's gas tank in just 12 months. They allow Volt owners to drive for 12 months without using gas.

What other company would do that? None. Because the Volt's gas tank is sealed, vacuumed, and unable to let gas go stale in 12 months.

However, there is such a thing called a warranty. The engineers would never let the gas stay in the tank longer than 12 months.

They know that in another 12 months, the gas will probably start getting a little bit stale.

Whoopty Doopty

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4600 May 21, 2013
Back to Volt facts:

This person achieved 45.5 mpg on a 311 mile trip. This is a perfect example of the car reverting back to electric, when in gas mode, for short periods of time. When coasting, going downhill or braking, the car goes into regenerative actions.

Most of the time, it is enough for the car to go to electric power. When the accellorator is pressed, it stays in electric for a short distance. The car then car goes into "engine and battery power", then "engine" power.

What people who don't own the Volt misunderstand about the EPA gas mpg estimates is that the 38 mpg number assigned is for gas only, not taking into consideration the regenerative actions. The car goes into electric power even when in gas mode. Over an extended period of time, the car will travel several miles in this state when it is all added up.

The electric only miles (when in gas mode) added to the gas miles is what gives Volt owners 40 + mpg when in gas mode.

That is why the EPA is considering changing the test for electrics.

This video is a perfect example of why the Volt gets well over the epa estimate of 38 mpg.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4601 May 21, 2013
Jay Leno: At 1:22, he states that he has driven 18,000 miles and used 12 gallons of gas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4602 May 21, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4603 May 21, 2013
"I don't advise using older fuel in expensive engines unless testing, but gasoline can hold for months
A N D Y E A R S
if properly stored."
http://blog.gasbuddy.com/posts/Maintenance-Mo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4604 May 21, 2013
I love this Texan. He was driving something that was giving him about 9 mpg. Probably a Hummer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4605 May 21, 2013
2,700 miles on 1.7 gallons of gas

Wow .... I guess the guy at this link got it wrong.

http://carnewscafe.com/2013/04/top-5-misconce...

"4/14/2013 This section rescinded by the author, who concedes that his original premise was incorrect and who is not interested in re-writing this section to make it correct."

Why would anybody post this link without reading THAT disclaimer?

Answer ... it's the best that haters can do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4606 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who introduced the little slut into this thread, not me, ergo you were the one who made her a target.
As for anybody who hates me or does not, WHO CARES? You keep talking about yourself as some sort of expert on anything and everything you talk about, that is a joke. I give for example your statement about gas not going stale and can be stored for years.
Gas does in fact go stale, ever hear of condensation? Ever hear of replacing bad gas in a boat or lawnmower after a winter of storage? The real facts (admitted to be GM) are that the volt gets about 30 to 35 miles off of an electric charge, depending on several considerations such as but not limited to. The way you drive, the type of terrain you are driving, whether you use either the heater or air conditioner while you are driving. The next real world fact about a volt is that on a 100 mile trip the volt will do the first 30 to 35 miles on electric and the next 65 to 70 on gas at about 33 mpg, ergo the volt takes about 2 gallons of gas to do the first hundred miles where the elantra takes three making a giant savings of one gallon at a price of between $3.25 to 4.00 and the driver of the elantra will not suffer penalty from using heater or air conditioner. Now I know you will bring up your daily trips for food and other things, however, the real world solution to this is that more and more towns and cities are allowing the "Estate Car" to be used for this reason at a cost of less than $2.000 if you are smart and know where to shop. Oh yes, unless you are unable to do physical activity there is always the old, tried and true bicycle that can be used. You will be glad to know that there are many communities where people who commute on bikes can park them free of charge and meet at local meeting places to celebrate their new found good health.
Only a perverted little man would attack a 10 year old child. Only a perverted little hater would keep silent.

Happiness avoids you. All you have left is wallowing. Even pigs wallow for a reason.
vel of humanity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

#4607 May 22, 2013
iluvmyVolt your obsession with the Volt is sick! The Volt is not that great unless your an electricity grubbing miser. So spare us your BS.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4609 May 22, 2013
The "Faker Faker" is really into the kinky stuff.
Doing an impressive job of relocating the IP though.
Nevertheless, try as you may "Faker", your perverted tactics won't be around for long.
All it takes is 2 minutes to click on "Report Abuse", and your offensive vulgarity is history.
You certainly have all the earmarks of a rather twisted individual.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4610 May 22, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hater. Nobody is fooled by your other personas. The dolt called my grand daughter a slut.
If you consider yourself a man, stand up and say something. Otherwise, quite pretending you are somebody else and calling out Root for saying you are wrong. You hypocrite.
So Luvmyvolt, what's with "all my other personas"?
How many personas do you think I have?
Needless to say, I don't do that "Other Persona" thing like we see so often here.
So, I challenge you to show your evidence of me using "Other Personas"
Until you can prove your claim, we have no choice but to call you the blowhard that you are.

BTW, gas stored for more than 3 months will deteriorate.
That's why Volt designers added the feature which warns owners to not leave it unused.

Also, the issue of your Grandaughter is between you and the Dolt.
Please don't drag me into your petty arguments with others.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4612 May 22, 2013
Does anyone know how to set up a Volt with a tow package, and how much the amazing Volt can tow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TOYO KEY OBDII program Toyota G chip H chip all... 21 hr eobdtool 3
How to solve the obdstar X300M mileage tool aut... Wed My Car repair Park 1
OBDSTAR X300DP Adjust Mileage for Cadillac ATSL... Wed car-diagnostic-tool 1
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews Used Car Dea... (Feb '15) Wed Graham 19
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Tue Dfields 171
TOYO KEY OBD II KEY PRO Support Toyota G & H Al... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
El-50448 Auto Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
More from around the web