Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#4525 May 21, 2013
The Hater wrote:
Luvmyvolt (as usual) embellishes his rebuttal about Limor Engineering being contracted to GM to design GMs Indy Car engines.
Nobody said Limor was the only participant.
Luvmyvolt has taken a tad "poetic licence" in implying that was said.
But Limor did do all of the engineering and development for those engines.
GM, Hitachi, provided input re specifications.
"provided input re specifications" aka known as design/engineering. What do you have against this company anyway. They are also contracted by lots of other companies. This is no different than a supplier making parts for a door or an instrument panel.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4526 May 21, 2013
Hater is roaring, Volt is great!
Silent Echo

Chicago, IL

#4527 May 21, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You know dolt, you are such a pathetic, little human being. And I use the term human being loosely.
Whoever is using your name obviously hates you. I don't hate you.
To quote Sixto Rodriguez:
"Hatred is too strong of an emotion to waste on someone you don't like."
I take great pleasure in knowing that you are a failure in debating me. You attack my grand daughter because you can't attack me on an intellectual level. Probably on any subject. I know it burns you that you have been one upped by someone you hate.
I don't need to hide behind your name to make you look bad. You make yourself look bad!
You wallow because that is all you have left. Your buddy from Canada loves your posts because he is letting you do his dirty work. Even to the point of attacking little 10 year old girls.
If you dare try debating me on an intellectual level, I'm here. Awaiting.
Otherwise, go ahead and wallow. You make yourself the buffoon.
You are the one who introduced the little slut into this thread, not me, ergo you were the one who made her a target.

As for anybody who hates me or does not, WHO CARES? You keep talking about yourself as some sort of expert on anything and everything you talk about, that is a joke. I give for example your statement about gas not going stale and can be stored for years.

Gas does in fact go stale, ever hear of condensation? Ever hear of replacing bad gas in a boat or lawnmower after a winter of storage? The real facts (admitted to be GM) are that the volt gets about 30 to 35 miles off of an electric charge, depending on several considerations such as but not limited to. The way you drive, the type of terrain you are driving, whether you use either the heater or air conditioner while you are driving. The next real world fact about a volt is that on a 100 mile trip the volt will do the first 30 to 35 miles on electric and the next 65 to 70 on gas at about 33 mpg, ergo the volt takes about 2 gallons of gas to do the first hundred miles where the elantra takes three making a giant savings of one gallon at a price of between $3.25 to 4.00 and the driver of the elantra will not suffer penalty from using heater or air conditioner. Now I know you will bring up your daily trips for food and other things, however, the real world solution to this is that more and more towns and cities are allowing the "Estate Car" to be used for this reason at a cost of less than $2.000 if you are smart and know where to shop. Oh yes, unless you are unable to do physical activity there is always the old, tried and true bicycle that can be used. You will be glad to know that there are many communities where people who commute on bikes can park them free of charge and meet at local meeting places to celebrate their new found good health.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4528 May 21, 2013
Meanwhile, his country suffers another devastating disaster, and Root continues his crusade of vitriol and hate....

BTW Root----What Luvmyvolt claims is untrue.
Gasoline will go "stale" no matter what material a gas tank is made of.
Gasoline in a vacuum (volts "vacuum" isn't really much of a vacuum anyway), will only slow down the degradation slightly.
He tends to embellish his claims.

Don't worry, we will continue to help you by correcting your misinterpretations.
The Hater

Windsor, Canada

#4529 May 21, 2013
Read this again Root...slowly.....

"Luvmyvolt (as usual) embellishes his rebuttal about Limor Engineering being contracted to GM to design GMs Indy Car engines.
GM, Hitachi, provided input re specifications"

Where in this explanation does it say that I have something against GM contracting out?

In the meantime, have you no regard for the victims of that tornado in Oklahoma?
Must you continue with your vulgarity and nonsense?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4530 May 21, 2013
The Hater wrote:
Meanwhile, his country suffers another devastating disaster, and Root continues his crusade of vitriol and hate....
Gasoline in a vacuum (volts "vacuum" isn't really much of a vacuum anyway), will only slow down the degradation slightly.
Don't worry, we will continue to help you by correcting your misinterpretations.
see more
You are wrong again. The Volt will not allow the gas to go stale.

You also forget to mention the rest of his post. Like the real hater you are, you intentionally omit what he says and instead apply selective reading.

Read the parts you omit:

Gas, when stored in a tank, such as the Volt can last for years.
gasoline can hold for months and years if properly stored."

The engineers at GM picked a specific time to burn off some of the gas if pure electric has been used for months. The car does not, repeat, not burn off all of the gas. It only burns off enough so that just a few gallons added to the gas left over will extend the life of the fuel.

The Chevy Volt's gas tank is a stainless steel, vacuum sealed tank.

When the operator presses the gas door button, a message appears on the dash screen telling the person to wait for the car to allow air into the system.

When the gas door is closed, the air is pumped out of the tank, thus creating a vacuum.

Gas can last for years in a vacuum.

So why do you omit everything that he said in his posts? Selective readin perhaps? Yes
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4531 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who introduced the little slut into this thread, not me, ergo you were the one who made her a target.
As for anybody who hates me or does not, WHO CARES? You keep talking about yourself as some sort of expert on anything and everything you talk about, that is a joke. I give for example your statement about gas not going stale and can be stored for years.
Gas does in fact go stale, ever hear of condensation? Ever hear of replacing bad gas in a boat or lawnmower after a winter of storage? The real facts (admitted to be GM) are that the volt gets about 30 to 35 miles off of an electric charge, depending on several considerations such as but not limited to. The way you drive, the type of terrain you are driving, whether you use either the heater or air conditioner while you are driving. The next real world fact about a volt is that on a 100 mile trip the volt will do the first 30 to 35 miles on electric and the next 65 to 70 on gas at about 33 mpg, ergo the volt takes about 2 gallons of gas to do the first hundred miles where the elantra takes three making a giant savings of one gallon at a price of between $3.25 to 4.00 and the driver of the elantra will not suffer penalty from using heater or air conditioner. Now I know you will bring up your daily trips for food and other things, however, the real world solution to this is that more and more towns and cities are allowing the "Estate Car" to be used for this reason at a cost of less than $2.000 if you are smart and know where to shop. Oh yes, unless you are unable to do physical activity there is always the old, tried and true bicycle that can be used. You will be glad to know that there are many communities where people who commute on bikes can park them free of charge and meet at local meeting places to celebrate their new found good health.
Add these two facts and your statement turns into propaganda:

Gas in the Volt will not go bad.

You can get up to 50 miles on electric charge in a Volt.

Psst. you should leave little girls out of your prop.. pretty nasty even for a person of your limited reasoning abilities.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4532 May 21, 2013
The Hater wrote:
"Luvmyvolt (as usual) embellishes his rebuttal about Limor Engineering being contracted to GM to design GMs Indy Car engines.
Where in this explanation does it say that I have something against GM contracting out?
In the meantime, have you no regard for the victims of that tornado in Oklahoma?
If you go back to the original postings you will see he gets attacked for congratulating Chevy. He never said anything about the design or contracting out work. You brought that into the conversation. You are the only one embellishing anything.

Those tornadoes were a real tragedy. They will be here today. Where have I used vulgarity and nonsense? That is just another baseless attack by you. Not to worry, I’m used to it. Like I said yesterday, you never would let us have this place for all things positive about Volt and that speaks to your character.

You also still don’t know what a hater is.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4533 May 21, 2013
The Hater wrote:
"Crusade of vitriol and hate" You can't make a point without attacking. This alone shows me you have no point to make.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#4534 May 21, 2013
The Hater wrote:
Please tone it down.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4535 May 21, 2013
Facts we learned today about the Volt:

The gasoline in a Volt can’t go stale. The technology in the Volt will prevent this from happening.

The Volt has an air tight stainless steel gas tank that creates a vacuum.

The Volt can get up to 50 miles on an electric charge.

Professor Pepperwinkle

Springfield, NJ

#4536 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct! The Volt is an over weight coal burning fraud, and when running on gas it's a joke. Don't expect the Volt to be around much longer.
Silent Echo

Chicago, IL

#4538 May 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Add these two facts and your statement turns into propaganda:
Gas in the Volt will not go bad.
You can get up to 50 miles on electric charge in a Volt.
Psst. you should leave little girls out of your prop.. pretty nasty even for a person of your limited reasoning abilities.
Gas in any container will go bad because gas is a mixture of different elements and they can and will seperate, no matter the type of storage.

Your personal statement of "You can get UP TO 50 miles on an electric charge" goes against the facts that GM gives. Green Car Magazine (a very pro electric car magazine) did a real world test and got between 22 and 30 miles on an electric charge depending on the type roads, elevation changes and whether they ran air conditioner or heater which uses the same batteries as the drive motor. You are right in a way, you might be able to get 50 Miles on an electric charge if you start at the top of a mountain and go 50 miles on a steep down grade.

As for the brat, it was luvvolt who brought her into the conversation, not me. He made her and his love for local music something that supposedly made him the better person, ergo, you need to fcuk off.
Silent Echo

Shreveport, LA

#4540 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas in any container will go bad because gas is a mixture of different elements and they can and will seperate, no matter the type of storage.
Your personal statement of "You can get UP TO 50 miles on an electric charge" goes against the facts that GM gives. Green Car Magazine (a very pro electric car magazine) did a real world test and got between 22 and 30 miles on an electric charge depending on the type roads, elevation changes and whether they ran air conditioner or heater which uses the same batteries as the drive motor. You are right in a way, you might be able to get 50 Miles on an electric charge if you start at the top of a mountain and go 50 miles on a steep down grade.
As for the brat, it was luvvolt who brought her into the conversation, not me. He made her and his love for local music something that supposedly made him the better person, ergo, you need to fcuk off.
Are you this slow?
Read the rest of the post dude. Gas in a Volt can’t go bad, the engine will burn it off. Get it now?

GM increased the numbers up to 50 miles on an electric charge. Do you understand this simple statement?(His head starts buzzing now)

You’re still talking about little girls. That’s a little over the top, even for someone with your limited reasoning abilities.
Silent Echo

Shreveport, LA

#4541 May 21, 2013
I love the Volt. It is the best car ever. I lie about it because I can't afford it and I'm jealous. I talk about little girls because I'm a pervert and can't rebut without briging in sicko nasty mess into the conversation.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4542 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
Fkn mooks ruined my Hyundai. Steering wheel comes off and I land in a fkn Burger King parking lot. These mooks at the Exxon can’t fix sht! I’m supposed to be back home for a big interview at Wal Mart for department manager. Now I’m gonna miss that to.
Fkn Hyundai is falling apart, I’m getting my asses handed to me by these mooks Volt lover and I ate hot wings with habernano sauce last night. Now I’m coming down with napalm butt. I’m pissed now!
Now this silent echo I can agree with.
Silent Echo

Chicago, IL

#4543 May 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Now this silent echo I can agree with.
It takes a stupid and pathetic son of a bitch to write something under the name of another and then answer it. I have provided documented facts about the Volt, some provided by Green Car Magazine. All this ignorant SOB has is opinion and lies. I can understand why Louserweezana and Miss are two of the worst states in the union as far as educational level.

The Volt is a failure and GM will prove it in a year of so. They will discontinue the Volt, repackage a new image and shoe horn the shoddy technology into it as the American Buying public has rejected the original as seen by lack of sales figures.

Now, Suckarootman, take a hike. I have no further use for a liar and imposter.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4544 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a stupid and pathetic son of a bitch to write something under the name of another and then answer it. I have provided documented facts about the Volt, some provided by Green Car Magazine. All this ignorant SOB has is opinion and lies. I can understand why Louserweezana and Miss are two of the worst states in the union as far as educational level.
The Volt is a failure and GM will prove it in a year of so. They will discontinue the Volt, repackage a new image and shoe horn the shoddy technology into it as the American Buying public has rejected the original as seen by lack of sales figures.
Now, Suckarootman, take a hike. I have no further use for a liar and imposter.
Lol, you still don’t get it. At least you get credit for letting the gas thing go and not talking about children. Now pay attention.. the Volt can get up to 50 miles on a charge. Relax a minute…let it sink in.

Now let’s take a look at what we’ve learned about the Volt today:

The gasoline in a Volt can’t go stale. The technology in the Volt will prevent this from happening.

When you get hold of your emotions, come back and we can proceed.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#4545 May 21, 2013
Canadians eat dog for breakfast.
Silent Echo

Chicago, IL

#4546 May 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text> Lol, you still don’t get it. At least you get credit for letting the gas thing go and not talking about children. Now pay attention.. the Volt can get up to 50 miles on a charge. Relax a minute…let it sink in.
Now let’s take a look at what we’ve learned about the Volt today:
When you get hold of your emotions, come back and we can proceed.
Learn from who, an ignorant son of a bitch like you? Please give your documentation about your so called facts that YOU have learned and I do not mean a U-Tube reference, I am talking about documented and written in major publication facts. I know coming from a state that ranks in the lower 5% on educational level it will be hard for you to weed out opinion and personal beliefs from documented facts. See, suckaroot man, not only are you ignorant, you are also a coward posting under the names of others and changing words so that you do not offend the powers that be. I suffer from no such problems.

We have learned only one documented fact, based on sales figures the American Buying Public has rejected the volt as a viable vehicle. It has been relegated to the oddity status with people who think they are trend setters and forced state purchase being the backbone of what sales they have.

Now, again, go fuck yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) 4 hr Denizon25 177
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Sun Squiggs 1 300
MOT Test of Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group? Feb 16 derekearl84 2
News This Wonderful And Weird 1966 Renault R8 Got Sa... Feb 16 Xstain Mullah Fra... 3
Buy Launch X431 V Tablet Full System Diagnostic... Feb 16 My Car repair Park 3
FAQ OBDSTAR F100 Ford/Mazda key programmer (Jun '16) Feb 16 Bob 8
How to activate Mercedes W176 electric folding... Feb 15 Ambrosio 1
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jan '17 pisty10 28
More from around the web