Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10394 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4349 May 15, 2013
Hey dolt. I forgot that I shot a little video at my Mother's house on Mother's day.

You can see 3 Volts here. Including my Mom's neighbor's Volt.

I wanted to get this to you as fast as I could so you wouldn't think that I drove all over the state of California until I found 3 Volts in one spot.

OK ... think of something else to say so you can taste that foot of yours.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4350 May 15, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know my wife!
By the way. I had something kind of weird happen about 2 weeks ago. The volume of the start up and shut down audio .... the whooooosh sound ..... suddenly got real loud.

I don't remember doing anything to change it. I also couldn't find a way to lower it.

I found one Volt forum where a few people talked about it. They had several suggestions which worked temporarily. It always came back.

I finally had time to go through the screen options and I found the correct way to lower the volume. It hasn't gone back up since.

Just in case you ever have the problem. Here are the steps.

Go to:

configure //// radio settings //// audio cue options //// audio cue volume.

There is a "play" option in the last screen to let you hear the volume you have set.

OK ...

Happy Motoring.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4352 May 15, 2013
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4353 May 16, 2013
LuvVolt, just to give you a "heads up"....
In one of your videos, there was a shot of your older Caddy which clearly displayed the licence plate.
Not too smart on your part.
Anyone with larceny in their heart can use that to learn everything there is to know about you.
Next time you get the urge to do more showmanship, I would suggest you should be more careful.
Just some friendly advice.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4354 May 16, 2013
BTW LMV, we see you posted a "is gizmo a troll" question.
More graffiti? From a fellow troll? Amusing.
Pleased to see you're indulging in more desperation moves.
Must be some big time insecurity there, right?
Keep it up-- it confirms a great deal about your character.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4355 May 16, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Hey dolt. I forgot that I shot a little video at my Mother's house on Mother's day.
You can see 3 Volts here. Including my Mom's neighbor's Volt.
I wanted to get this to you as fast as I could so you wouldn't think that I drove all over the state of California until I found 3 Volts in one spot.
OK ... think of something else to say so you can taste that foot of yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h-furtuh5VQXX
3 Vega Cor Volts in one spot sure is rare; it's rare to see just one, in fact I've haven't seen one in well over a month. BTW, Mr Mizer with all the money you're piling in the bank, why didn't you give your Mom a Volt for mothers day.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4356 May 16, 2013
This just in. A Volt was driven from Worchester, Ma to Tampa Fl. Driver, passenger, luggage; 1300 miles, gas kicked in after 23 miles, 40 gallons of gas, 32.5 MPG. That's what happens when you drag a 650 pound dead battery 1280 miles.

iluvmyVolt, you could have saved a bundle if you just picked up one of these engineering marvels.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Too funny!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4357 May 16, 2013
The Chevy Spark will be a win win for the alterntive vehicle buying crowd.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4358 May 16, 2013
Being as LMV has taken his best shot at yours truly (and a pitifully feeble shot, as usual), I think it's only fair to show him what a really noteworthy shot should be.
Listen and learn LuvVolt-- here's to you.....

What comes to mind about LuvVolt and his ever present self indulgent presence in these forums:

LMV is a dispirited spirit who,as it turns out, happens to be a brethren boomer.
LMV is confused, scared, shaky, bewildered, sunspotted, and deeply hemorrhoidal. He is like a Sunny Acres escapee who will always be fuming over Fox News conspiracy theories in which tiny, meth-addicted howler monkeys are secretly dismantling their 401Ks during the NBA playoffs.
Well, LMV, get used to it. There were 39.6 million persons aged 65 or older in 2009—13 percent of the U.S. population. &#8201;You are one of many.
And in 2030, these morbidly obese, rictus-faced, gas-passing candidates for burst aneurysms like you will account for 19 percent of the US—yeah, LMV among them—although when I say &#8201;“account” I don’t mean they’ll be sentient.
God help us if, while huffing and puffing in front of an open Frigidaire, holding his mouth in a sustained gape—more decisions, more decisions!—where can I score some freebies today.
LMV will often accidentally discover behind his stacked bottles of joint-comfort glucosamine the keys to his aging Volt.(the one in which the battery died years ago).
LMV keeps it in his nursing home foyer as a shrine to days gone past.
When he's not counting the pennies in his piggy bank, he watches Judge Judy most days, pausing only to relieve his prostate blocked bladder--about every 10 minutes!
A small, withered, lonely, pitiful and cranky old guy with a rather over stressed ego, and is now suffering the side effects of a rather miserly life.

Now that's how it's done LMV.
Cheap shots don't count.
What you see above is a proper and quality version.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4359 May 16, 2013
Maybe you two can just fly to a remote spot and settle it. That way we don't have to read novels that aren't about GM's alternative cars!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4360 May 16, 2013
Speak for yourself Root.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4361 May 16, 2013
Root wrote:
Maybe you two can just fly to a remote spot and settle it. That way we don't have to read novels that aren't about GM's alternative cars!
It's useless Root. I know you will still try. He wants me off this forum. He can't stand facts that disprove his statements.

I don't know if you remember, but this all started when I proved that the Reuters article (the Volt loses $45k per sale) was wrong.

I didn't know who he was then. His tirades started soon thereafter.

Look at his post 4353 on this page (page 211). I knew he would use his shiftless mind. Watch this ......

Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#4362 May 16, 2013
On the contrary LMV, please, please remain involved here.
Your presence adds a significant element of comedy to the meaning of the words "Overused Cliche".
You're doing a fine job.
Keep up the good work!!

BTW, Post 4353 was merely intended to help you.
Posters should avoid publishing their personal information.
I assumed you didn't realize your mistake.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4363 May 16, 2013
I'm glad Love Volt is here.
Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#4364 May 16, 2013
Nothing really wrong about LuvVolt being here.
Like I said, he adds a new dimension to the words "Overused Ciliche"
He tends to get a tad anal when people don't post what he wants to hear.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4365 May 16, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's useless Root. I know you will still try. He wants me off this forum. He can't stand facts that disprove his statements.
I don't know if you remember, but this all started when I proved that the Reuters article (the Volt loses $45k per sale) was wrong.
I didn't know who he was then. His tirades started soon thereafter.
Look at his post 4353 on this page (page 211). I knew he would use his shiftless mind. Watch this ......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =irafmq5ZW0sXX
GM probably loses around $45,000, we'll never know, because GM will never admit to what they sunk into that thing; the real loser is the US taxpayer.

This beauty would make an appropriate addition the iluvmyVolt fleet.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/corvair/Corvair...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4366 May 16, 2013
The dolt forgets that even Reuters admits that the Volt only costs $20,000 to build.

They are the publication that started the $45,000 loss per vehicle rumor.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4368 May 16, 2013
I made no mistake. I used to love fishing. I was pretty good at it.

Knowing your bait is a big factor. Last night, I made two videos. One had some bait on it to see if a shifty fish could be caught.

I woke up at 6 just to see if I had a fish on the line. Sure enough, I did.

Watch the video.(post 4361). The name is "got you". If he was a fish, he would have been the first one over the side of the boat.
Gizmo

Canada

#4369 May 16, 2013
It's really laughable to witness the cover ups when somebody makes a stupid mistake and tries to hide it.
Posters should be careful not to expose their personal information to the general public.
Gizmo

Canada

#4371 May 16, 2013
When people make fun of you (like the imposter gizmo does), it's the sincerest form of flattery.
Thank you imposter gizmo for your flattery.
It's nice to feel welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) 21 hr Dodge Brothers 16
News Hans Greimel: Detroit has little to gain from f... Mon reality is a crutch 1
pontiac bonneville rain water leaks into interior (Dec '08) May 2 slo_ride 16
News It’s a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) May 1 Not the Windsor R... 1,147
Nasty Canadian Jap Car News May 1 Not So Nasty Cana... 20
News Andreas Lubitz running Apr 30 Deo Vindice 2
News Toyota recalls even MORE Junk-1.3 million ORIENTAL (Jan '09) Apr 29 Leagle Beagle 362
More from around the web