Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Pete

Byron Center, MI

#4276 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
If it wasn't for the tax-breaks the bankrupted domestics and auto unions both still depend on to this day...

for the likes of the negative general-fund balance caused by the communist party unions and the obamamobile alike...

there would be nothing to pay for all its' "Marketing Hype".

Too Funny.
That's very true...

even Barack Obama warned that electricity rates would skyrocket under his administration's plans...

and some believe this was done so that mainstream Americans wouldn't object to these gradual, steady increases...

so he can dell the obamamobile another year.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4277 May 14, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
So far this year, sales of battery only vehicles have exceeded EVs and Extended Range EVs.
Guess I'm not sure how this plays into the conversation.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4278 May 14, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
The epitome of a low life:
This is how he describes my granddaughter.
"Well, you can take your runt back to an exciting Softball game and cheer for all of her walks and outs, that is your bag, not mine."
Post 4271 on this page.
This one sentence speaks volumes.
Pretty nasty stuff.
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#4279 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
That's very true...

even Barack Obama warned that electricity rates would skyrocket under his administration's plans...

and some believe this was done so that mainstream Americans wouldn't object to these gradual, steady increases...

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
So that's it...

The people were "warned...

and now they just have to bend over and take it.

Too Funny
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#4280 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
So that's it...

The people were "warned...

and now they just have to bend over and take it.

Too Funny
That's very true...

and you know what that's like don't ya.

Too Funny.
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#4281 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
That's very true...

and you know what that's like don't ya.

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
I sure do...

let's go for it.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4282 May 14, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
20,000 pre-sales. My son bought Tesla shares at $25. It has gained much, but I told him to keep an eye on it. I sent him the link concerning Tesla's mass email asking pre-sale customers to buy ASAP. I suspect they gave them some incentives. It was done to show big sales, thus boosting the price of the stock.
He understands and says he will sell at $55 and buy back in when it settles. He wants to buy a mid-range Tesla S for his wife's commute and in town driving. They will use the Volt for long trips. 5 years ago, when I started talking to him about the Volt and the S, he had absolutely no interest. He wanted to buy another Mustang Cobra. They have a BMW also. Once you taste those big savings, you can never go back.
I personally love the Tesla Roadster. They have been around these parts for quite awhile. Now that's a real toy, but who cares?
I'm very concerned with their future and yes the stock is bloated like a michigan union.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4283 May 14, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty nasty stuff.
Root, stay out of this.
Not nearly as nasty as other REALLY nasty stuff posted in the past.
You know full well what that was.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4284 May 14, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
"Well, you can take your runt back to an exciting Softball game and cheer for all of her walks and outs, that is your bag, not mine."
Post 4271 on this page.
LuvVolt--- leave your personal affairs out of these discussions. They are of no merit, end of story.
All your sanctimonious boastfulness serves no purpose, but your persistence in holding it over everyone else is just asking for more ridicule back at you.
So either continue to wallow in self pity created by your own actions, or just knock it off and stop stressing over it.
Enjoy your family, your preferred life style, your Volt, your little nest egg, life's simple pleasures, etc., but for god's sake spare us all your whining about being picked on.
If the kitchen is too hot for your comfort, then go find a place more comfortable.
Most folks with half a brain would do so, so why not you?
Retired and Happy

Yankton, SD

#4285 May 14, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
Post 4271 on this page.
Poor, poor little pole climber, did I hit a nerve?

Too Funny!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4286 May 14, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Guess I'm not sure how this plays into the conversation.
What's wrong with it?
Is it not relevant to the topic, or just something you don't want to hear?
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4287 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true...
Too Funny.
Hmmmmm .... my electric rates haven't gone up in 5 years.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4288 May 14, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty nasty stuff.
I didn't think anybody, anywhere could get that vile.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4289 May 14, 2013
Retired and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor, poor little pole climber, did I hit a nerve?
Too Funny!
Doesn't matter what someone says to the guy.
Somehow he'll imagine it to be a putdown, and cry the blues or have a hissy fit at length about it.
What started him into his pity party is way back when I first talked about one of his lengthy diatribes, I used the term "bozo".
Well that did it---LMV had a conniption fit over that.
You would have thought it was the ultimate in foul language to hear him talk--blasphemy of the worst order.
And it was just an innocuous word--"bozo".
Who woulda thunk.
Now you used the word " runt". What 's the harm in that.
Our kids when they were little were sometimes called "Rug Rats".
Nobody took offence at that, and why should they.
I think the guy is just a little too insecure.
Sure can't handle the every day gaff that occurs here.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4290 May 14, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm .... my electric rates haven't gone up in 5 years.
That's another reason why California is bankrupt.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4291 May 14, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think anybody, anywhere could get that vile.
Sanctimonious bullish-t!! That's nothing but a self righteous lie!!
Do you need to be reminded about some of the really vile language that occurs here frequently?
If you like, I'll cut and past some choice stuff for you to judge and complain about.
Funny thing is, you've never said a word about it, and in fact posted some pretty vile stuff yourself!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4292 May 14, 2013
LuvVolt--- leave your personal affairs out of these discussions. They are of no merit, end of story.
All your sanctimonious boastfulness and complaint serves no purpose, but your persistence in holding your life choices over everyone else is just asking for more ridicule back at you.
So either continue to wallow in self pity created by your own actions, or just knock it off and stop stressing over it.
Enjoy your family, your preferred life style, your Volt, your little nest egg, life's simple pleasures, etc., but for god's sake spare us all your self righteous whining about being picked on.
If the kitchen is too hot for your comfort, then go find a place more comfortable.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4293 May 14, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with it?
Is it not relevant to the topic, or just something you don't want to hear?
I want these vehicles to sell regardless of what type of energy drive them. Don’t start crap with me. Between you fights with love Volt and sexual identity, you’re the last one to be sarcastic.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4294 May 14, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I want these vehicles to sell regardless of what type of energy drive them. Don’t start crap with me. Between you fights with love Volt and sexual identity, you’re the last one to be sarcastic.
So I posted some relevant sales stats comparing plugins to pure electrics.
What's the harm (or sarcasm) in that for god's sake.
You're getting to be as touchy as LMV.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4295 May 14, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I want these vehicles to sell regardless of what type of energy drive them. Don’t start crap with me. Between you fights with love Volt and sexual identity, you’re the last one to be sarcastic.
Are you inferring that I'm the one posting that sexual perversion nonsense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free download TOYOTA TIS 10.30.029 (Jan '16) 9 hr master 3
FAQ OBDSTAR F100 Ford/Mazda key programmer Fri Janealen 4
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) Fri Janealen 28
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Thu Longrod van Hugen... 247
Types of Wheel Bearings Jul 21 Andybaby 1
2001 GU Patrol (Y61) going into limp home mode,... Jul 20 lanrce 1
Will there be another Toyota Supra in America o... Jul 20 Suprarob 1
More from around the web