Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#4191 May 12, 2013
Yes maybe so. On the other hand we have a child posting silly things about a car they obviously donít care for. Thatís called being a hater. The end result is called getting trolled. Love Voltís only problem is he takes the hook, the circle continues. He has great point of view and you may not agree with him, but heís accurate. Really, the Volt is an amazing piece of technology..
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#4192 May 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes maybe so. On the other hand we have a child posting silly things about a car they obviously donít care for. Thatís called being a hater. The end result is called getting trolled. Love Voltís only problem is he takes the hook, the circle continues. He has great point of view and you may not agree with him, but heís accurate. Really, the Volt is an amazing piece of technology.
I agree completely about the Volt.
It's a revolutionary design and has set the bar for the other guys.
I've said as much--sincerely--a couple of dozen times.
But the truth is, Volt isn't selling all that well, and the competition has really moved into the segment.
I believe the car buyers out there aren't quite ready for this type of product just yet.
I've always tried to look at pros and cons of the product, but "Mr. Wonderful" interprets that as an insult and keeps coming back with his "hater" bullsh-t.
I don't "hate" anything nor anybody--it's just not in my vocabulary, but it sure is in his.

I also agree LMV has posted some quite interesting info.
But it quickly becomes dull, uninteresting, and frankly annoying after seeing the same info repeated time after time after time.
It's also a bit much when we see his "hero" stories about all his life's "accomplishments" constantly being bragged at others by way of reinforcing his self image.
Really, the guy does come across as a miserly, cranky, and insecure old man with an inferiority complex.
Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4193 May 12, 2013
I retired at 50. Been having a ball ever since. Too much music and so little time.

Others, need to work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4194 May 12, 2013
Page 201, comment 4159.

That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me.

The hater

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4195 May 12, 2013
Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
The apple didn't fall far the the tree in the iluvmyVolt family. His son is so cheap he hangs out at the library mooching free electricity, instead of going home to spend time with the wife and kids.
What's the matter, Dolt? Jealous that you don't even have a wife? Or a house?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4196 May 12, 2013
The hater wrote:

"His name was never mentioned subsequently.
Funny how he identified with what I've posted.
Must be a guilt complex there."

Page 203 / Post # 4186

This is what he said previously:

"That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me."

Page 201, post # 4159.

The second post didn't mention calling me out by name. He said that he was done talking about me, period. Which one is it hater? You are proving yourself weak. First you said you would not talk about me anymore and then you talked about me the very next post.

And now you have changed your statement? Now you can talk about me as long as you don't mention my name?

Which is it?

One more time hater:

"That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me."

Page 201, post # 4159.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#4197 May 13, 2013
Page 203. Post 4197. Monday May 13, 2013. 6:00 AM

Stuff it where the sun don't shine, crybaby.
So I changed my mind. Why? Because we got tired of your whining.
I'll say what I want, when I want, and how I want, and to whomever I want.
Get used to it.

At least I don't repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat..........
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4198 May 13, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely about the Volt.
It's a revolutionary design and has set the bar for the other guys.
I've said as much--sincerely--a couple of dozen times.
But the truth is, Volt isn't selling all that well, and the competition has really moved into the segment.
I believe the car buyers out there aren't quite ready for this type of product just yet.
I've always tried to look at pros and cons of the product, but "Mr. Wonderful" interprets that as an insult and keeps coming back with his "hater" bullsh-t.
I don't "hate" anything nor anybody--it's just not in my vocabulary, but it sure is in his.
I also agree LMV has posted some quite interesting info.
But it quickly becomes dull, uninteresting, and frankly annoying after seeing the same info repeated time after time after time.
It's also a bit much when we see his "hero" stories about all his life's "accomplishments" constantly being bragged at others by way of reinforcing his self image.
Really, the guy does come across as a miserly, cranky, and insecure old man with an inferiority complex.
The Volt holds the title of number one seller in its segment. It will continue to hold that title for the duration of the year. What will it be at the end of the year,#1, or #2? If it slipped past number three I might be concerned. I don't see that happening.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4199 May 13, 2013
So what we learned over the weekend is that we can add auto racing and physics to the long list of subjects that iluvmyVolt is ignorant of.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4200 May 13, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I retired at 50. Been having a ball ever since. Too much music and so little time.
Others, need to work.
Hanging out in the Chevy dealers garage listening to free Musak isn't what most people would consider music.
car ologist

Palatine, IL

#4201 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Hanging out in the Chevy dealers garage listening to free Musak isn't what most people would consider music.
Well,He realy listens to music in his mothers basement.I heard he's grounded for playing his barry manilow music at three in the morning.He also has a poster of elton john and richard simmons above his bed.He is one sick F##K!!! Man!!!!
Happy and retired

Rapid City, SD

#4202 May 13, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant enough to retire at 50. Happy working daze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FbjiKIKzY3cXX
You are about an ignorant idiot, you think that being retired at age 50 is special? Most all government mooks and civil servants can make the same statement. The real accomplishment is life is to stay productive and not to rot on the couch. I, also, retired at age 50 with the added belefit of getting what is the equal of full social security which will stay in effect until I turn 66 and full social security sets in. At the present time I am involved in ownership of a very positive and money making business that allows me to travel (when I wish and where I wish) across the country and make very good money which is paid in bank wrapped 100s and not a check. So, my little man, next time you wish to brag make sure you have something to brag about.
Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#4203 May 13, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>The Volt holds the title of number one seller in its segment. It will continue to hold that title for the duration of the year. What will it be at the end of the year,#1, or #2? If it slipped past number three I might be concerned. I don't see that happening.
I have no problem with that.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4204 May 13, 2013
Happy and retired wrote:
<quoted text>
You are about an ignorant idiot, you think that being retired at age 50 is special? Most all government mooks and civil servants can make the same statement. The real accomplishment is life is to stay productive and not to rot on the couch. I, also, retired at age 50 with the added belefit of getting what is the equal of full social security which will stay in effect until I turn 66 and full social security sets in. At the present time I am involved in ownership of a very positive and money making business that allows me to travel (when I wish and where I wish) across the country and make very good money which is paid in bank wrapped 100s and not a check. So, my little man, next time you wish to brag make sure you have something to brag about.
It's obvious iluvmyVolt is too cheap to enjoy life beyond the next free Volt charging station.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4205 May 13, 2013
Happy and retired wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a hint. High pole climbers get big pay. The higher you climb, the more you make. It's called pucker factor. We had lots of guys like you that complained about our pay checks. 95% of them didn't make it through pole climbing school, which was the easy part. We had to climb white diamonds,(a very hard pole due to treating), so you needed to keep those hooks sharp.

Now, you take that big paycheck and invest in a very healthy stock market in the 80's.. There were dozens of little start up electronic firms in the Santa Clara Valley then. Lots to pick from. I picked a few. Do you know what nickname the Santa Clara Valley goes by? Look it up.

Also, a house could be purchased for about $35,000 back then. Buy a couple for rentals and today, they are worth low 700's. They were high 8's before the crash, but thats not the true value of a rental. Love those rent checks.

So, I put myself in some very conservative stock after the crash. I still do a very healthy 8%. I don't draw from it because the rent checks and my $1,900 a month from social security is plenty. I don't have a pension. I took a buyout. I invested that. Pretty healthy buyout.

The only government paychecks I ever received were when I was overseas, putting my life on the line so you could stay home and enjoy the easy life.

So the next time you see someone in uniform, shake his or her hand and thank them.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4206 May 13, 2013
So what we learned over the weekend is that we can add auto racing and physics to the long list of subjects that iluvmyVolt is ignorant of.
Here's one you are ignorant of. You said the Volt drives like a truck because it's heavy. The Cmax Energi weighs more than the Volt. That means it's a bigger truck.

See, you learned something.
Happy and retired

Rapid City, SD

#4207 May 13, 2013
Root wrote:
Yes maybe so. On the other hand we have a child posting silly things about a car they obviously donít care for. Thatís called being a hater. The end result is called getting trolled. Love Voltís only problem is he takes the hook, the circle continues. He has great point of view and you may not agree with him, but heís accurate. Really, the Volt is an amazing piece of technology..
Root, I think that most people here will admit that the volt and cars like the volt have a very bright future. The problem the volt has had in image, sales and being accepted by the American buying public is that it was rushed into production and sales before the battery technology was advanced to the point where the car had the electric range to make it a saleable car. The obama administration came into the White House with the idea of the elimination of the coal industry and the reduction in the need for fossel fuel in general. When GM accepted the money obama and the feds had a clean sheet of paper to push the volt to join their faith in solar energy. Root, I will admit that the volt is a car of the future, what you must admit is that it was made for sale before it was ready as for having an appeal to more than a miche group of buyers.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4208 May 13, 2013
And FYI dolt, not only is the Volt limited to 100 mph in that video, there were two people in the car.

C-Max Energy 0-60 time. 16 seconds. Ouch!
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#4209 May 13, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
.....But it quickly becomes dull, uninteresting, and frankly annoying after seeing the same info repeated time after time after time.
I am also involved in the field of industrial automation; what iluvmyvolt passes off as marvelous and amazing engineering that is presented on the Voltís video screen is pretty mundane stuff. Automobiles have been equiped with OBD and ECMs for decades; they can provide an ďamazingĒ amount of information.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4210 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I am also involved in the field of industrial automation; what iluvmyvolt passes off as marvelous and amazing engineering that is presented on the Voltís video screen is pretty mundane stuff. Automobiles have been equiped with OBD and ECMs for decades; they can provide an ďamazingĒ amount of information.
I never said the screen is amazing. When did I say that? I said the information on the screen is amazing. Like my last mpg post. Over 2,000 miles driven on 2 gallons of gas.

And my electricity, derived from CA based energy sources doesn't kill young soldiers.

Now, the fact that I can start my car and pre-condition the cabin from my iPad is pretty cool. But I know you'll have something negative to say about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Retiring NASCAR star Danica Patrick hopes to ha... 2 hr Oink pharts 6
News Video: RC toy car cruises down Houston freeway ... Thu LONG FARTS 3
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) Jan 16 Retired Master Tech 218
More toyota Junk (Jun '07) Jan 12 Canada Rocks 338
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update Ė Fiat Jan 11 lanny717 1
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Jan 11 AgreePhart 124
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Jan 11 Autoboner 2
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Jan 7 OBD2TOOL 6
More from around the web