Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments (Page 201)

Showing posts 4,001 - 4,020 of9,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gizmo wrote:
Apologies for the off topic post, but perhaps it's time to say something about all the hate, hater, and hateful talk which appears so frequently in this forum.
"Research shows that those who constantly see hate in others are usually the ones whose lives are full of the same"
The word "hater" is very common in today's English slang. From reading some of the posts here, I think one could use that word to describe some of the silliness.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Please excuse another off topic post.

Perhaps it's time to say something about how we're constantly bombarded here with self serving boasts about "my house paid for, I'm debt free, Envy me, Retired at 50", blah, blah, blah..

Such accomplishments are indeed noteable, but repeating this so frequently indicates something to hide, and it can often be a sign of insecurity.

When it happens so frequently one wonders why.

Most who have accomplished the same or more are quite comfortable with it and aren't compelled to boast to others.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>The word "hater" is very common in today's English slang. From reading some of the posts here, I think one could use that word to describe some of the silliness.
You're absolutely right about it being a fairly common word.
And also about the silliness here.

(There's an abundance of silliness, but not a lot of "hate" that I can see)

But when that sentiment is repeated and repeated and repeated by one person, it's a clear indication that particular someone has a lot of hate somewhere in his life--imagined and otherwise.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>The word "hater" is very common in today's English slang. From reading some of the posts here, I think one could use that word to describe some of the silliness.
I used the term "Hater Hater" a while back.

Definition of a "Hater Hater" is: "Someone who hates others he sees as haters"

I think this terminology applies.

Key words are "someone he sees as...."
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a story for you Des Plaines. My son stopped at his local library to study, on the way home from work. He went to charge his Volt and a guy in a Tesla asked him if he could get in the slot.
The apple didn't fall far from your tree. Sounds like your son is a bigger miser than you! Instead of going home to his family he hangs out at the library just to mooch free electricity.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
The apple didn't fall far from your tree. Sounds like your son is a bigger miser than you! Instead of going home to his family he hangs out at the library just to mooch free electricity.
Permit me to dispense some worthwhile advice....(and no offence intended)

"Never try to out bullshyt a bullshytter"
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What's the matter dolt? Can't get away from the pump?

And by the way, my son has to study constantly for his job. He is lead systems engineer at his work.

FYI, technology changes constantly in that field. That's why he has to study. That's why he lives where he lives. Makes my house look teenie tiny.

I'm sure the hater is going to tell me how spiteful I am now.

I think I held back pretty good considering how the dolt took a personal swipe at my family. Of course, the hater doesn't care about that. My family is fair game to him.

That's called letting your dogs do your dirty work.

He's going to remind me how others took swipes at him but I remained silent. Perhaps I remain silent because it's none of my business. Unlike him, I don't consider myself the moderator here.

Try remaining silent, hater. When I defend my family, keep your trap shut.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Page 201, comment 4159.†

That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And I notice that you don't comment on the Tesla owner or the Leaf owners that were plugged in. Only my son. Is it because he is my son or is it because he has a Volt?

Either way, you are a hater making negative comments constantly.

The hater is going to point out how negative I am. I am willing to bet that you can go back 60 pages and I have posted more positive comments than the dolt, by a long shot.

Hint. The dolt has never posted a positive comment here. Ever. The hater doesn't mind that. In fact, he has patted him on the head several times for his spiteful comments. That's called being hypocritical.

Page 201, comment 4159.†

The hater
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

For hose who seek status by boring us repeatedly with their "accomplishments"... ..
There are 35 employees at my second business.
It's a high tech industrial solution provider involving custom software development, robotics, vision system design and manufacturing operation.
We've been in business, growing from just 2 employees since 1992.
One son and a daughter-in-law now run it. I go in when I feel like it, and also do some occasional customer support work from time to time.
Semi retirement is delightful--I believe man was never intended to be a couch potato.
Auto manufacturers in Canada, US, and Mexico are 60 percent of our customers.
Two employees are systems engineers, 6 are software developers, 4 are electrical and mechanical design engineers, 8 are field integrators, 2 are project managers, and the rest are support staff with varying responsibilities.
Gross revenue last year was just under $24mm.

There, For the benefit of the boastful participants in this forum, is a brief overview of what I think is a modest success in life.
A story which won't be repeated, because I deplore boastfulness!
Especially, like some do here, when it's intent is to demean others.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

IluvmyVolt wrote:
Page 201, comment 4159.†
His name was never mentioned subsequently.
Funny how he identified with what I've posted.
Must be a guilt complex there.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a story for you Des Plaines. My son stopped at his local library to study, on the way home from work. He went to charge his Volt and a guy in a Tesla asked him if he could get in the slot. There were only 3 slots and two were taken. It seems his charge was about depleted.
Oh my ... a Tesla owner kissing a Volt owner's arss.
And by the way, your tesla is a pimple. Your is the match box version, right?
The apple didn't fall far the the tree in the iluvmyVolt family. His son is so cheap he hangs out at the library mooching free electricity, instead of going home to spend time with the wife and kids.
dr fill

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
And I notice that you don't comment on the Tesla owner or the Leaf owners that were plugged in. Only my son. Is it because he is my son or is it because he has a Volt?
Either way, you are a hater making negative comments constantly.
The hater is going to point out how negative I am. I am willing to bet that you can go back 60 pages and I have posted more positive comments than the dolt, by a long shot.
Hint. The dolt has never posted a positive comment here. Ever. The hater doesn't mind that. In fact, he has patted him on the head several times for his spiteful comments. That's called being hypocritical.
Page 201, comment 4159.†
The hater
Heres a tip.The son does what the father does.You can talk to him til your blue in the face yet he will follow what you do.So if your a mooching bum he will be also.So straighten up your act buddy cause your kid will pay the price when he grows up like you and becomes a first class mooch.FYI.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the term "Hater Hater" a while back.
Definition of a "Hater Hater" is: "Someone who hates others he sees as haters"
I think this terminology applies.
Key words are "someone he sees as...."
Yes maybe so. On the other hand we have a child posting silly things about a car they obviously donít care for. Thatís called being a hater. The end result is called getting trolled. Love Voltís only problem is he takes the hook, the circle continues. He has great point of view and you may not agree with him, but heís accurate. Really, the Volt is an amazing piece of technology.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Yes maybe so. On the other hand we have a child posting silly things about a car they obviously donít care for. Thatís called being a hater. The end result is called getting trolled. Love Voltís only problem is he takes the hook, the circle continues. He has great point of view and you may not agree with him, but heís accurate. Really, the Volt is an amazing piece of technology..
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes maybe so. On the other hand we have a child posting silly things about a car they obviously donít care for. Thatís called being a hater. The end result is called getting trolled. Love Voltís only problem is he takes the hook, the circle continues. He has great point of view and you may not agree with him, but heís accurate. Really, the Volt is an amazing piece of technology.
I agree completely about the Volt.
It's a revolutionary design and has set the bar for the other guys.
I've said as much--sincerely--a couple of dozen times.
But the truth is, Volt isn't selling all that well, and the competition has really moved into the segment.
I believe the car buyers out there aren't quite ready for this type of product just yet.
I've always tried to look at pros and cons of the product, but "Mr. Wonderful" interprets that as an insult and keeps coming back with his "hater" bullsh-t.
I don't "hate" anything nor anybody--it's just not in my vocabulary, but it sure is in his.

I also agree LMV has posted some quite interesting info.
But it quickly becomes dull, uninteresting, and frankly annoying after seeing the same info repeated time after time after time.
It's also a bit much when we see his "hero" stories about all his life's "accomplishments" constantly being bragged at others by way of reinforcing his self image.
Really, the guy does come across as a miserly, cranky, and insecure old man with an inferiority complex.
Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I retired at 50. Been having a ball ever since. Too much music and so little time.

Others, need to work.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Page 201, comment 4159.

The hater
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The apple didn't fall far the the tree in the iluvmyVolt family. His son is so cheap he hangs out at the library mooching free electricity, instead of going home to spend time with the wife and kids.
What's the matter, Dolt? Jealous that you don't even have a wife? Or a house?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

The hater wrote:

"His name was never mentioned subsequently.
Funny how he identified with what I've posted.
Must be a guilt complex there."

Page 203 / Post # 4186

This is what he said previously:

"That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me."

Page 201, post # 4159.

The second post didn't mention calling me out by name. He said that he was done talking about me, period. Which one is it hater? You are proving yourself weak. First you said you would not talk about me anymore and then you talked about me the very next post.

And now you have changed your statement? Now you can talk about me as long as you don't mention my name?

Which is it?

One more time hater:

"That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me."

Page 201, post # 4159.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,001 - 4,020 of9,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 5 hr cpeter1313 1,564
2008 Pontiac Torrent (Feb '10) 11 hr A guy 6
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) 15 hr Shoiemn 202
Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... Fri Jorge 1
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) Fri alley123 10
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Jul 9 Chenelle 126
Obama won't wait for Congress on immigration Jul 8 Amigo 33
•••

Buy a New Car