Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
3,981 - 4,000 of 9,213 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt, you are so ignorant!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

This is what I mean about the hater not calling me out for answering a vile post aimed at me.

Post 3829 / page 185

Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this little stupid SOB, known as iluvmyroot, is more like the looserweezana alligator. All mouth, no ears, brains or reading ability.

The hater answered:

"Most assuredly no conscience or sense of decency either.
Look at his track record for posting nothing but filth.
What a fraud."

Once again hater. If you want it to stop, then be consistent and reprimand your lap dogs.

Please don't try explaining off the above. It is black and white. Plain to see. Plain as day.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
iluvmyVolt, you are so ignorant!
Ignorant enough to retire at 50. Happy working daze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
GM has contacted Sergio and they may put a Hemi in the Volt.
This is pretty cool. I don't have a 240 charger so I didn't know that you could see your past charging costs, etc, on a screen.

The first part is pretty much what you see in most Volt videos, so if you want, go to 2:25 and see the good stuff.

This guy is charging for 4 cents per kwh. I'm pretty sure he has his car programmed to start charging at a specific time. I think that is what the 2 beeps are when he plugs in. If you start charging when you plug in, you get 1 beep.

Anyway, he mentions 47 cents for 200 miles. Wow. My little city has super low flat rates. All day long. So, my overall electric bill is very low. But 4 cents per kwh sounds good.

Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gizmo wrote:
Based on the last few posts by LuvVolt, looks like the poor guy has gone over the edge.
Finally lost it completely. Total breakdown.
Oh well, that sometimes happens to cranky old guys who pretend they're something they're not.
They put on the big act and eventually their conscience catches up.
Eh?
I make no apology for that comment.
You deserved every word.
Because that's the way you've acted throughout this forum.

That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me.
Simply because you really are a cranky old man living an illusion.
Anything--no matter what comes your way merely brings on another long winded tirade about you and your so called successes in life.
Y'know something LuvVolt, successful people usually don't brag about it--only insecure people do.
You act like a Donald Trump wannabe!

By all means, continue with your self aggrandizing soliloquies.
For the most part they only reinforce my assessment.
I find them pitiful, and somewhat boring.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
What he hates to admit is that even without the credits, the Volt will stomp a high end Accord if both cars are kept by owners for 8- 10 years
I call statements like the above "Petty Presumtuous Bullsh-t".(Henceforth known as "PPB")

First of all, LMV typically makes the following PPB about what he "thinks" others are guilty of, ie, "He hates to admit......"

LMV seems to often run off at the mouth with PPB when he posts inferences he "creates" to suit his own imagination.
Fact is, I "Hate" nothing, and I never have presumed to challenge Volt's long term fiscal viability.
His ridiculous affirmations are just that---ridiculous PPB

Secondly, he rants on with more PPB about Volt's long term fiscal advantage over no-electric vehicles.
I posted numbers comparing Volt to Accord which were true, accurate, and honest. Apparently that's what started all LMV's PPB.
What I did was done in good faith, and not impolite nor intended as criticism of one car over another.
Those numbers simply extrapolated from links with numbers provided by LMV himself.
There was no mention of, no intention of, nor inference regarding "hate" or long term "trumping" of Volt or any other car.
That wasn't even considerd in my analysis, nor was it even intended to.

To LMV...
Perhaps if you weren't so presumtuous and quick to dream up those imaginative "offences" against you or your beloved car, your life might not be so miserable.
Your sense of being "picked on" and defensive PPB seems to dominate your entire life.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Now that the latest round of PPB has been debunked,
I would like to continue with my story about first ride in a Prius Hybrid.

Friday, May 10,2013 en route to Toronto Island Airport in a cab---A Prius Hybrid.

Driver has been using this car for about 8 months.
He averages about 500 km per day, and there was 125,800 km on the clock in this car.
He is just on his third set of tires, hasn't replaced brakes, nor done any major repairs other than oil change, wiper blades, one headlight, and air/cabin filters.
He claims he uses aboy one tenth the anount of fuel compared to his previous ride--a Chevrolet Malibu.

Interior trim was surprisingly quite nice--I had heard it seemed plastic and tacky to others, but in my opinion it was nicely done, not plasticky as reported. Insrument panel LCD screen displays were impressive--info there is wide ranging---ie battery charge, engine/battery mode, fuel range, etc. Everything I thoght that should be there.

Ride was firm but pleasant and comfortable.(streets in Toronto are notoriously rough)

Car was operating on battery while we were riding, except for occasions where he really floored it and it switched to engine. Swirching was seamless.

Acceleration was quite adequate--this car was no slouch in Toronto traffic.

My wife and I were in the rear seat, and we found it surprisingly roomy--much roomier than many other cabs we've ridden in over the past 5 weeks.
Quiet ride!!!!

All things considered, I was pretty impressed with this car.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Back to Toronto next Monday for another week.
Hope we can score another ride in a Prius Hybrid.
Will advise.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Gizmo wrote:
Back to Toronto next Monday for another week.
Hope we can score another ride in a Prius Hybrid.
Will advise.
I was in Boston recently and most of the cabs are Hybrids, Toyotas mostly. Did not see any Volts (cabs or private); I doubt a Volt would be too practical, small back seat, small trunk, and the gasoline engine would be running full time.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
... if I wanted to use gas every day and drive a cheaply made car that weighs half of what my car does, I'd buy a C-Max.
Those Volts do weigh alot, that's why they handle like a truck!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

You guys are so silly.
car expert

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant enough to retire at 50. Happy working daze.
The volt ain't a pimple on the tesla's assss.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

car expert wrote:
<quoted text>The volt ain't a pimple on the tesla's assss.
Got a story for you Des Plaines. My son stopped at his local library to study, on the way home from work. He went to charge his Volt and a guy in a Tesla asked him if he could get in the slot. There were only 3 slots and two were taken. It seems his charge was about depleted.

Oh my ... a Tesla owner kissing a Volt owner's arss.

And by the way, your tesla is a pimple. Your is the match box version, right?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Volts do weigh alot, that's why they handle like a truck!

By the way peter the repeater ... in the second video, the car is in gas mode. Hear anything?

All these world class race car drivers swear by the handling capabilities of the Volt. The dolt should give them a piece of his mind. You tellum' dolt.

Jimmy Johnson - Daytona 500 Winner - 5 time NASCAR Champion

Jeff Gordon - 3 time Daytona 500 Winner 4 time NASCAR Champion

Juan Pablo Montoyo - Indy 500 Winner & Monaco Grand Prix Winner

Simona de Silvestro

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

By the way ... the Volt is limited to 100 mph. Those other cars weren't limited.

I already posted a video of a Volt doing 0-60 in 5.5. The car still had one limiter on.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

The hater wrote:

"That said, you won't see any more talk about you from now on from me."

Please, please no more lies. You said something like that 100 pages ago.

Not a Donald Trump wannabe. Just someone who wanted to enjoy life at 50. If I wanted to have more money, I would still be working like you. You don't need much when you have zero debt.

I guess you want to be the richest guy in the graveyard.

If you're bored with me .... then shut up. If that was the last time you slam me ... you will never hear from me again.

Quite frankly, I find you very hateful. The fact that only the haters like you proves that. Nothing to brag about.

So drop it now. End of conversation.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

By the way ... you couldn't keep your promise made on this page. You said you would never comment about me again.

The very next comment, you slammed me one more time. That is why I am telling you to keep your promise and shut up.

This is the last time I talk about you if you keep your promise .... yeah right.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

There is still the inference being made that I stated that the Volt cost $15,000 less than the top of the line Accord, after 5 years. Not so. Never happened. Never said that.

For anyone wanting to know the truth, go to comment 4099 on page 199. I said:

"Factor in $9,000 in credits most CA Volt owners get and you have a difference of $15,000."

The Volt makes up $15,000 on the Accord. Those are KBB facts. Not mine.

Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Apologies for the off topic post, but perhaps it's time to say something about all the hate, hater, and hateful talk which appears so frequently in this forum.

"Research shows that those who constantly see hate in others are usually the ones whose lives are full of the same"
car expert

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a story for you Des Plaines. My son stopped at his local library to study, on the way home from work. He went to charge his Volt and a guy in a Tesla asked him if he could get in the slot. There were only 3 slots and two were taken. It seems his charge was about depleted.
Oh my ... a Tesla owner kissing a Volt owner's arss.
And by the way, your tesla is a pimple. Your is the match box version, right?
Well folks,Its true.Tesla just set another recoed!!! It was rated the highest score in history!!! Yes thats right the highest score of all time by consumer reports folks.When asked about the volt comsumer reports rep said a what. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,694
Arizona to get unaccompanied immigrant youths 8 hr Obamabaggers 40
How would you like to see your Ford Focus? Thu FordFocus 1
First Coast Gears: 'The Judge' proudly holds court Jul 22 Mike and Wanda 1
LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Jul 22 CADDYJP4 241
Mexico's auto industry looks to luxury cars Jul 22 Concerned 4
Gingrich warns GOP to not be the 'anti' party Jul 22 Go Blue Forever 28
•••

Buy a New Car