Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10484 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#21 Dec 1, 2010
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>We looked at a Prius but just could not get over the looks. It looks like a toy but the car is cheap so the price is right. Also it has several recalls and that is not a chance we want to take on a new car.
You get what you pay for.
Gm man

Washington, MI

#22 Dec 1, 2010
haha I can make somthing that looks better for free. just hold on a sec while I take a trip to the bathroom
GM makes crap

Wauconda, IL

#24 Dec 2, 2010
Gm man wrote:
haha I can make somthing that looks better for free. just hold on a sec while I take a trip to the bathroom
Quit giving JJ a reach around.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#25 Dec 2, 2010
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>We looked at a Prius but just could not get over the looks. It looks like a toy but the car is cheap so the price is right. Also it has several recalls and that is not a chance we want to take on a new car.
So go buy a Volt and help GM test their cars. That would be so much smarter than buying something that's been on the road for years, don't you think?
Face It

Louisville, KY

#26 Dec 2, 2010
My wife wanted to buy a Prius. The answer was not no but hell no. There is no way she is getting into such an awful looking car.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#27 Dec 2, 2010
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
So go buy a Volt and help GM test their cars. That would be so much smarter than buying something that's been on the road for years, don't you think?
Does it matter that she thinks the Prius looks like a toy? Certainly looks play a part in ones purchasing decision no?
Personally I find the car repulsive as do many Americans. Honestly, they only crompise what .2% of the market?
Gm man

Washington, MI

#28 Dec 2, 2010
prius count for .2% of the market but, what, 30% of crashes?
GM makes crap

Wauconda, IL

#29 Dec 3, 2010
Toyota dominates the hybrid market. GM cannot compete and has given up. The Volt will go the way of the EV1. The Volt will continue to lose money and market share while other automakers surpass it.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#30 Dec 3, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter that she thinks the Prius looks like a toy? Certainly looks play a part in ones purchasing decision no?
Personally I find the car repulsive as do many Americans. Honestly, they only crompise what .2% of the market?
That's nice. However, if you follow the thread, instead of your blind anti Toyota bias, you would perhaps read that I was responding to "Debbies" dithering over buying a car with several recalls(Prius), or a Volt. So I somewhat sarcastically suggested she buy a Volt, reeking with brand new, untested technology and not take a chance on a car that's been on the market for years. Of course we all know the Volt will never be recalled, don't we?
GM makes crap

Wauconda, IL

#31 Dec 3, 2010
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. However, if you follow the thread, instead of your blind anti Toyota bias, you would perhaps read that I was responding to "Debbies" dithering over buying a car with several recalls(Prius), or a Volt. So I somewhat sarcastically suggested she buy a Volt, reeking with brand new, untested technology and not take a chance on a car that's been on the market for years. Of course we all know the Volt will never be recalled, don't we?
JJFADS is a complete idiot. He's lost any and all respect that he once might have had on here. Everytime he posts something it's complete rubbish. Facts continue to elude him. He's a GM PR tool.
Stop It

Belle River, Canada

#32 Dec 3, 2010
GM makes crap wrote:
<quoted text>
JJFADS is a complete idiot. He's lost any and all respect that he once might have had on here. Everytime he posts something it's complete rubbish. Facts continue to elude him. He's a GM PR tool.
I respect his intellect.
But I question his integrity.
Many of his posts are "Spin" supporting an agenda.
Just the facts

United States

#33 Dec 3, 2010
I would go with a Volt. The Prius has been recalled to many times.
Stop It

Belle River, Canada

#34 Dec 3, 2010
Just the facts wrote:
I would go with a Volt. The Prius has been recalled to many times.
Is that a valid point, considering the Volt hasn't even entered the market yet?
How many recalls might it suffer in the next months?
It's a brand new model with brand new technology.
History has taught us many lessons in that situation.
Smart money would wait and see, I would think.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#35 Dec 3, 2010
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. However, if you follow the thread, instead of your blind anti Toyota bias, you would perhaps read that I was responding to "Debbies" dithering over buying a car with several recalls(Prius), or a Volt. So I somewhat sarcastically suggested she buy a Volt, reeking with brand new, untested technology and not take a chance on a car that's been on the market for years. Of course we all know the Volt will never be recalled, don't we?
No slapstick, I referred to the exact comment that referred to the Prius as a “toy.” We all know the Priapuss is recall ridden, that’s old news.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#36 Dec 3, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a valid point, considering the Volt hasn't even entered the market yet?
How many recalls might it suffer in the next months?
It's a brand new model with brand new technology.
History has taught us many lessons in that situation.
Smart money would wait and see, I would think.
You are hypothetically speaking. You should be ashamed of yourself.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#37 Dec 3, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect his intellect.
But I question his integrity.
Many of his posts are "Spin" supporting an agenda.
You don’t question anyone’s intellect. Hell, you still think the SUA issue is a farce, hanging your hat on “but no glitch has been found yet so we can’t rush to judgment!” Just don’t mention the fact that Toyota recalled millions upon millions of defective cars for sticky pedals, floor mats that wouldn’t fit because of poor floor pan design and so forth. Hell, and that’s not even considering the MILLIONS of other recalls over the last several months.

By the way, if Toyota wouldn’t have been caught lying and hiding its defective crap, they would still be waging “customer service specials” to fix the defective junk and the morons of this country would still be blindly walking into the Toy dealership. That is no longer the case and Toy can no longer lie about its defective unreliable junk, hence recall after recall after recall. Damn those CR postcards were accurate. lol
liner

Hicksville, NY

#38 Dec 3, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>No slapstick, I referred to the exact comment that referred to the Prius as a “toy.” We all know the Priapuss is recall ridden, that’s old news.
Like I said, follow the thread. Perhaps you can't see your keyboard through the drool. bye
Stop It

Belle River, Canada

#39 Dec 3, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>You are hypothetically speaking. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Pot calling the kettle black again!!

JJ, practically everything you post is "Hypothetical".

It's better known as "Spin".

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#40 Dec 3, 2010
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, follow the thread. Perhaps you can't see your keyboard through the drool. bye
stupidity
bye

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#41 Dec 3, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot calling the kettle black again!!
JJ, practically everything you post is "Hypothetical".
It's better known as "Spin".
When pushed into a corner you resort to the typical off topic rhetoric and stray from the conversation. You are obviously unable to discuss the facts on their merit and any view other than your favored “neutrality” is deemed spin. You have absolutely no respect for a varying view if it is not in line with your own.

I tell you what old buddy, you will not degrade me or my intellect and expect to spew your rhetoric unanswered. I reference post #32.

The company manufactured millions upon millions of recalled vehicles that were defective. That is a fact and it is a fact that I would like you to acknowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 58
News It’s a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) May 25 Francene 1,152
News There are still 6,000 first-gen Chevy Volts on ... May 25 Solarman 1
News Senate Dems block trade measure May 23 serfs up 5
News Weekly Recap: GM plans massive new paint shop a... May 23 Just one 1
GM Problems - Are You Having Problems With Your... (Aug '08) May 23 ccherdrem43701 383
Nasty Canadian Jap Car News May 22 Silent Echo 21
More from around the web