Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11775 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4062 May 8, 2013

Americans

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an American.

She asks her students to raise their hands if they were American too.

Not really knowing why but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like flashy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

"Because I am not an American."

"Then", asks the teacher, "What are you?"

"I'm a proud Canadian," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Canadian.

"Well, my mom and dad are Canadians, so I'm a Canadian too."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Kristen, "I'd be an American."
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4063 May 8, 2013
On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: "Today I am going to create a land called Canada. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of bears and eagles, beautifully sparkling lakes bountiful with trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs overlooking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon."
God continued, "I shall make the land rich in oil so that the inhabitants will prosper.
I shall call these inhabitants "Canadians", and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Canadians?"

"Not really," replied God. "Just wait and see the neighbors I'm going to give them.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4064 May 8, 2013
lol

I've got one.

Google search the following:

Gizmo + Military + Canada + Vietnam

and it returns this:

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/84500/Po...
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4065 May 8, 2013
An American travelling abroad was accosted by someone unimpressed with her homeland:

"You Americans killed off the natives of your country, you stole half of Mexico, you pillaged the rest of the world, and now I've heard you want to take over half of Canada if Quebec splits away from that country! Have you no shame at all? Haven't you made enough of a mess already?"

The American quickly shook her head and said, "No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. Are you joking - with our terrible health care system, with our education system in disarray, with our entire social fabric torn apart, our economy in ruins, we aren't looking for new territory. We're just waiting for Canada to annex us!"
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4066 May 8, 2013
If you’re going to do this, they at least need to be funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4067 May 8, 2013
Here's a funny one..

It was cold night in Canada.

Gizzmo had just wakened from his sleep. It was then he felt a rumbling in his belly. He turned over to his wife and said “Fatass, you need to shave your hairy gizmo. I have pubic hair in my teeth and I’m pretty sure I ingested some during my sleep.”

Feeling a bit irritated, Fatass replies “but gizzmo, I spent last night at the brothel in Climax. You were with Rudy, Mitt and Dick sucking vanilla milkshakes through a garden hose.”
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4068 May 8, 2013
Root wrote:
Here's a funny one..
It was cold night in Canada.
Gizzmo had just wakened from his sleep. It was then he felt a rumbling in his belly. He turned over to his wife and said “Fatass, you need to shave your hairy gizmo. I have pubic hair in my teeth and I’m pretty sure I ingested some during my sleep.”
Feeling a bit irritated, Fatass replies “but gizzmo, I spent last night at the brothel in Climax. You were with Rudy, Mitt and Dick sucking vanilla milkshakes through a garden hose.”
Only a pervert or sexual deviate would find that funny.

Considering the source, your usual sleaziness doesn't come as a surprise.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4069 May 8, 2013
How many American tourists does it take to change a light bulb?

Fifteen. Five to figure out how much the bulb costs in the local currency, four to comment on "how funny-looking" local lightbulbs are, three to hire a local person to change the bulb, two to take pictures, and one to buy postcards in case the pictures don't come out.

Now, that's funny!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4070 May 8, 2013
Fussy fussy, trying to shut things down. Just like you did to our forum about Volt. Just can't respect something we have that's positive, so you ruin it.

Now we play your game. I make up a legitimate funny from scratch while you get upset and are left behind copying and pasting warmed over crap from the internet.

If you can’t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen, fool.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#4071 May 8, 2013
Root wrote:
I think we can all agree that above average hair on a woman’s gizmo keeps it warm in the winter. This is a normal occurrence. Way to go Volt.
You really need to get a life, you talk about above average hair on a woman? Man, in the state you live in you can tell the age of a mature woman by counting the number of teeth in her head. By age 30 they are mostly missing about five teeth, by age 40 they are missing about 10, by age 50 about 15 and after that lets just say that the gummy bear was named after them.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4072 May 8, 2013
Chevrolet Volt, no other car has ever earned as many awards as Volt has in such a short amount of time. Now that’s something you can’t take away.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4073 May 8, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get a life, you talk about above average hair on a woman? Man, in the state you live in you can tell the age of a mature woman by counting the number of teeth in her head. By age 30 they are mostly missing about five teeth, by age 40 they are missing about 10, by age 50 about 15 and after that lets just say that the gummy bear was named after them.
Now see, that's funny. It's original and not a copy and paste. Good job, more like this.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4074 May 8, 2013
Root wrote:
Fussy fussy, trying to shut things down. Just like you did to our forum about Volt. Just can't respect something we have that's positive, so you ruin it.
Now we play your game. I make up a legitimate funny from scratch while you get upset and are left behind copying and pasting warmed over crap from the internet.
If you can’t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen, fool.
Doesn't matter what forum or topic you manage to sleaze in to.

This one is just one more of many you've posted your filth in.

You inevitably post smut whenever anyone " causes " you to do it.(Always the other guy!!)

And when you're not posting sexual deviate insults, you alternate with ethnic insults involving Canada.

So don't be lecturing anyone about their conduct.

You're just getting a little payback.

PS.
Legitimate funny indeed.
Truth be told it was the product of a demented deviate.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4075 May 8, 2013
You’ve been told a dozen times to be respectful and you will be treated in kind. You’ve never even for one time tried that, never. All you care about is ruining what is a positive thread about Volt. Why? You don’t even have the balls to explain yourself. That’s the craziest thing. You even said something to the effect the other day about challenging people. This is a place to share good things, not a place for anything else.

Respect is something that should be earned.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4076 May 8, 2013
Root wrote:
You’ve been told a dozen times to be respectful and you will be treated in kind. You’ve never even for one time tried that, never. All you care about is ruining what is a positive thread about Volt. Why? You don’t even have the balls to explain yourself. That’s the craziest thing. You even said something to the effect the other day about challenging people. This is a place to share good things, not a place for anything else.
No one who posts your brand of filth deserves respect.

I backed away from this tread twice in the past 30 days, just to see what would happen.

You and your alter ego LuvVolt just carried on with the vitriol--you with your patented deviate insults, and LuvVolt with his self aggrandizing condescension.

When you haven't got someone to trade insults with, you inevitably troll for another.

So preach all the self serving excuses you choose.

Nothing will change as long as clowns like you continue your degenerate gamesmanship.
Jim Smatters

United States

#4077 May 8, 2013
Root wrote:
Well said but that's what people do on the internet. If you have like or favor something, another wants to take that away. The first time I posted here I was confronted by Gizmo. After explaining my position with Prius recalls we went forward. The next time I posted here guess what happened..confronted by Gizmo again. This is what I also thought was a place for all things Volt. It's really mote of a disgruntled internet poster that has somee kind of beef with the Volt. And now that I'm ranting let me go ahead and add that trying to spread gay rights around here in th US had nothing to do with the Volt.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4078 May 8, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one who posts your brand of filth deserves respect.
I backed away from this tread twice in the past 30 days, just to see what would happen.
You and your alter ego LuvVolt just carried on with the vitriol--you with your patented deviate insults, and LuvVolt with his self aggrandizing condescension.
When you haven't got someone to trade insults with, you inevitably troll for another.
So preach all the self serving excuses you choose.
Nothing will change as long as clowns like you continue your degenerate gamesmanship.
Liar.

You look for fights. Even now you still accuse me of being Love Volt “You and your alter ego LuvVolt” It’s not true and I really think you know that. For some odd reason you continue on and on with it. Maybe looking for sympathy? I really don’t know. Hell, we even posted at the same time a few pages back. Not just at the same time, but at the same minute. You still go on and on. And you wonder why people make fun of you.

Now you claim to have left fro thirty day. Ha, if you did that there would be no rude behavior period. None, zero, nothing. You, and this is what I think, have a personal problem.. a vendetta.. because of the things that have been said about you and at any cost you don’t want to let people talk about the Volt. Let me repeat, if you conducted yourself in a respectful manner, there would be zero problem here.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4079 May 8, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Well said but that's what people do on the internet. If you have like or favor something, another wants to take that away. The first time I posted here I was confronted by Gizmo. After explaining my position with Prius recalls we went forward. The next time I posted here guess what happened..confronted by Gizmo again. This is what I also thought was a place for all things Volt. It's really mote of a disgruntled internet poster that has somee kind of beef with the Volt. And now that I'm ranting let me go ahead and add that trying to spread gay rights around here in th US had nothing to do with the Volt.
Jim, you ought to know better. I certainly hope you do and that what you just said isn't just a left handed shot.

That was the imposter Gizmo who posted all that gay rights rhetoric. I think that's obvious.

It seems that when all else fails to shut me up, some clown inevitably starts up with hate Canada, gay claims, or sexual deviate insults.

Please rest assured I'm not trying to "take away" anything from anybody.

I just think there's no room for the kind of garbage that Root and a few others post.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4080 May 8, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Well said but that's what people do on the internet. If you have like or favor something, another wants to take that away. The first time I posted here I was confronted by Gizmo. After explaining my position with Prius recalls we went forward. The next time I posted here guess what happened..confronted by Gizmo again. This is what I also thought was a place for all things Volt. It's really mote of a disgruntled internet poster that has somee kind of beef with the Volt. And now that I'm ranting let me go ahead and add that trying to spread gay rights around here in th US had nothing to do with the Volt.
Oh it’s been going on for years with this guy. He goes everywhere, uninvited, and stirs the pot. It’s like anything he can get his hands on is fair game. I don’t know if it’s personal or just some kind of warped sense of insecurity. He’s told me about his airplane. Bob Lutz, his many houses…company trucks…Vietnam vet..went to school in the US, yet spreads propaganda about the USA… ithat alone should be enough to shame oneself…made fun of the Sandy Hook killings… oh let’s see what else,.. said Volt catches fire… on and on and on. Wonder why people make fun of him? Oh wait, then accuses people of IP masking software (I have no idea what that is BTW) he’s a truly hateful person…oh.. ridicules those that he does not agree with on a constant basis, and as you pointed out, confronts people at every turn. Sad part about it is this..he’s done it for years. It never stops.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4082 May 8, 2013
And you Root, never do anything wrong, right?
You're always the victim, right?
Y'know what?

You really need to take a hard look at what you just posted.
You aren't in any way in any position to criticize others.
Not after the way you've behaved here.

Your big problem Root, is that you fail to look at yourself in a mirror once in a while.

You preach respect, but you don't practice it.
You blame others for causing problems, when you yourself are a big part part of those problems.
You complain about other's conduct, yet never acknowledge your own.
It's always the "other guy" that's to blame.
And your insults and attacks are strictly low life.

Let me tell you something---for a change.....
If you stop these degenerate insults and clean up your act--I mean all of that crap from all of your sycophants--I promise you I will back off.
But not until.

If I see one more cheap shot from you, it's back to square one pal.
The ball is in your court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TOYO KEY OBDII program Toyota G chip H chip all... Wed eobdtool 3
How to solve the obdstar X300M mileage tool aut... Wed My Car repair Park 1
OBDSTAR X300DP Adjust Mileage for Cadillac ATSL... Wed car-diagnostic-tool 1
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews Used Car Dea... (Feb '15) Wed Graham 19
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Tue Dfields 171
TOYO KEY OBD II KEY PRO Support Toyota G & H Al... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
El-50448 Auto Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
More from around the web