Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,219

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4008 May 7, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Im not luve volt. I know you believe I am. You're wrong
Didn't take you long to stop ignoring!!!

Truth be told, you have taken on a number of screen names.
One of them happens to be LMV.
I have little regard for either.

Both simply can't handle someone who challenges.
And the result is filth and condescension--one does the filth and the other the condescension.
And only because you don't like the responses you don't want to hear.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4009 May 7, 2013
To LMV do you see what I mean?

The absolute best thing to do is just ignore him. Reasonable conversation is not what hes after. Just hit the ignore button.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4010 May 7, 2013
I'm glad to see Volt owners are the happiest owners.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4012 May 7, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>It's a 2013 model. We're averaging the efficiency again this week. It's become almost like a game to find out who drops it the most. We throw spare change in a piggy bank as punishment. My wife is on the losing end!
Cool. I suspect your wife likes Sport Mode. I love it, but that yearn for hypermiling kicks back in after a couple of quick launches. I wish I had the Hold Mode. But, as I stated, I do pretty good with Mountain Mode. It saves me up to 15 miles of E for my destination.

Even if I'm out of E, I can put it in MM and it will do the same. It's not as efficient as yours, bit I do pretty well.

OK, Happy motoring.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4013 May 7, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. I suspect your wife likes Sport Mode. I love it, but that yearn for hypermiling kicks back in after a couple of quick launches. I wish I had the Hold Mode. But, as I stated, I do pretty good with Mountain Mode. It saves me up to 15 miles of E for my destination.
Even if I'm out of E, I can put it in MM and it will do the same. It's not as efficient as yours, bit I do pretty well.
OK, Happy motoring.
Does the 2013 not have a mountain mode?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#4015 May 7, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Does the 2013 not have a mountain mode?
Yes. It has 4 modes as apposed to my 3. The mountain mode is supposed to be for going into big mountain ranges. But a lot of people have come to love it for other benefits it gives.

Here's a pretty good article that explains MM. It doesn't cover everything, though.

http://www.plugincars.com/chevy-volts-mountai...

I hope the dolt doesn't read that. This guy is another driver that gets 43 mpg freeway in gas mode. Just like Mpgomatic did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4016 May 7, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It has 4 modes as apposed to my 3. The mountain mode is supposed to be for going into big mountain ranges. But a lot of people have come to love it for other benefits it gives.
Here's a pretty good article that explains MM. It doesn't cover everything, though.
http://www.plugincars.com/chevy-volts-mountai...
I hope the dolt doesn't read that. This guy is another driver that gets 43 mpg freeway in gas mode. Just like Mpgomatic did.
Cool thanks, I'm about to read the article.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#4017 May 7, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
The real Gizmo judges this post as "frivolous, vexatious, and stupid.
But it is an interesting recipe.
Perhaps the imposter Gizmo should write a cook book.
Gatan Dugas is that you?

Glad to see the canada come out once and for all.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Miami Beach Fl.

#4018 May 7, 2013
What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common?
The taste
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4019 May 7, 2013
Phantompay wrote:
What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common?
The taste
Their beer is nasty. I could see it tasting like warm urine.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4020 May 7, 2013
Stay away from tim hortins. I hear they put fake creamer in tourist's coffee and use rat hair in the pastry.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4021 May 7, 2013
lol
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4022 May 7, 2013
Wait, I have another one. One of the reasons canadians can't talk about cars in an American forum is because they don't know much about them. They have more kilometres on the snow blower than their car. hahaha
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4024 May 7, 2013
Frustrate a Frenchman, he will drink himself to death; an Irishman, he will die of angry hypertension; a Dane, he will shoot himself; an American, he will get drunk, shoot you, then establish a million dollar aid programme for your relatives. Then he will die of an ulcer.
S. A. Rudin, Canadian psychologist
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4025 May 7, 2013
I like this one better.

All American writing gives me the impression that Americans don't care for girls at all. What the American male really wants is two things: he wants to be blown by a stranger while reading a newspaper and he wants to be fucked by his buddy when he's drunk. Everything else is society.
W. H. Auden, British poet, in The Table-Talk of W. H. Auden, Alan Ansen, 1990
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4026 May 7, 2013
LMV might like this one...

California is a fine place to live. if you happen to be an orange
Fred Allen

“Irrefutable Harm”

Miami Beach Fl.

#4027 May 7, 2013
Gatan Dugas is that you?
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4028 May 7, 2013
Sounds like Root...

The trouble with America is that there are far too many wide open spaces surrounded by teeth.
Charles Luckman, US writer
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4029 May 7, 2013
Ain't this the truth....

"America ... just a nation of three hundred million used car salesmen with all the money they need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. "
Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#4030 May 7, 2013
This, I believe, sums it all up....

America is the only nation in history which has gone miraculously gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilisation
Georges Clemenceau

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you know about Kia cars ? 12 min roadmatecar 1
OBD2Repair WIFI GM MDI Tech 3 wireless gm mdi s... 1 hr obd2repair 1
SOLUTIONS MANUAL: Numerical Methods Using Matla... 3 hr mark 1
Former Detroit high school football star arraig... 11 hr B Wheat 1
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 188
vdm ucandas (Jan '14) Mon uobd2 4
Former 'GMA' host battles breast cancer Sep 12 Pamcb3 2

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••