Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#3859 May 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, anyway, it was pretty hot today in the Bay Area. I took a 33 mile trip. 28 miles on the freeway. Averaged 70 mpg with the AC full blast.
Used 7.9 kwh's of battery. Forced the car into gas using Mountain Mode (I'm trying to burn off some gas ... I bought too much a couple of weeks ago .... 3 gallons instead of 2). I used 1/10 of a gallon.
Total cost for the 33 mile trip ...
$0.71 for electric.
$0.38 for gas.
Total ...$1.09
That's $.033 per mile. A little bit high ... but I did go 70 and I did use the AC.
That only comes to 114 mpg. Again ... not bad considering most of it was freeway. I usually get about 145 mpg when gas is at $3.90, which it is in CA.
Great mileage for sure.
Silent Echo

Colonial Heights, VA

#3860 May 3, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Great mileage for sure.
This sure fits the Modus Operandi of the iluvmyroot split personality idiot. The iluv portion of the idiot claims to own a volt and is getting these MORE than advertised results. The Root side acts the groupie image who loves anybody who owns a volt and any claim made by these unnamed people. All in all a rather pathetic person who needs the non existent support so sought out by Manti Taeo the former No Dame Notre player.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3861 May 3, 2013
Iíll never forget the day GM revised the electric range of the Volt up to 50 miles. That was great. The advertisements helped too.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

#3862 May 3, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
This sure fits the Modus Operandi of the iluvmyroot split personality idiot. The iluv portion of the idiot claims to own a volt and is getting these MORE than advertised results. The Root side acts the groupie image who loves anybody who owns a volt and any claim made by these unnamed people. All in all a rather pathetic person who needs the non existent support so sought out by Manti Taeo the former No Dame Notre player.
LOL, I like the comparison of the no life, electricity grubbing iluvmyVolt to Manti Te'o.
Vega Cor Volt 2013

Newtown, CT

#3863 May 3, 2013
Root wrote:
Volt was released in 2011. Sadly, some poster canít contradict the fact that we spend 10 billion annually on subsidies for oil (notice the absence of numbers or data) in the weak and obviously failed rebut. Oh well, the ball bounces a bit further away. To hate a car is silly. To be proven wrong over and over again is shameful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aJx-uGRsiNUXX
10 Billion is money well spent on the energy industry; and it's nothing compared to the money being flushed down the gubamint motors toilet.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3864 May 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
"The Dolt calls me an S.O.B. and G.O.D. doesn't tell him to tone it down."

To Luv volt:
The obscene one you share your name with uses far worse language than the Dolt for Volts persona.
Far worse indeed!
Yet you don't tell that degenerate to tone it down.

An old proverb applies.... "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Please keep that in mind next time you feel like casting stones.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3865 May 3, 2013
Looks like the foul mouthed poster calling himself Root ( for the moment) has stooped to new lows in his relentless attempts to be revolting by posting filth.

The following post by him just 10 hours ago appeared in another one of his forum playgrounds entitled "Toyota Killing Children"

Post # 504 ToyotaKilling Children, by Root.....

" Gizmo is a gremlin
I'm pregnant with a gremlin.
A gizmo is a gremlin. It's also another term for vagina. duh"

An aside.----"Duh" indeed!!
Is this loathsome Root fella a "Duh", or what?
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3866 May 3, 2013
When the revolting Root posts his degenerate musings, he often uses the excuse that "others 'force' him to do it".
That qualifies as ignorance of the highest order.
We wonder if it might be a genetic predisposition.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3868 May 3, 2013
Vega Cor Volt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
10 Billion is money well spent on the energy industry; and it's nothing compared to the money being flushed down the gubamint motors toilet.
Yes, the 10 billion far exceeds anything spent on Bush era EV subsidies by large margins.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3874 May 3, 2013
_Gizmo_ wrote:
Have you boys ever used wd40?
Minor slip up by the purveyor of filth who often calls himself Root.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3875 May 3, 2013
Then the obscene one launches into a series on Gay and Lesbian rights in Canada.
More proof that Root makes conspicuous use of ISP masking ( location hidden) to harass others under a variety of usernames.

But one thing never changes.
Root, or whatever he calls himself, is by far and away the most loathsome purveyor of filth in these forums.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3876 May 3, 2013
Sally said I can't believe how many awards the Volt has won. I bet when GM revised the electric range up to 50 miles it helped.
Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#3880 May 3, 2013
The degenerate calling himself Root is relentless in his pursuit of filth and generally stupid posts.
A classic example of Root's low life tactics is shown in the preceding several lengthy posts about Gay rights in Canada.
And for good measure Root seems to be now fixated on ludicrous inferences about WD40.
And all the while copying the username of somebody else,with has "location hidden" ISP masking strategy.
Desperation tactics by the unsavoury one.
When all else fails , he goes with the cheap tricks.
Speaks to character--or rather, lack of it!
Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#3881 May 3, 2013
Well, let him carry on like a emotionally disturbed juvenile.
Eventually he'll learn that his nonsense really amounts to a fart in a frying pan.
When he's done with his cheap tricks, we'll just continue with exposing him for the fraud that he really is.
Fill yer boots Root.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3882 May 3, 2013
Here, maybe this will help you. When you finish, I will post another link that will help you cope with internet conspiracy theroies.

Too funny!

http://www.paranoidthoughts.com/
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3883 May 3, 2013
I can't beleive how good the Volt is doing. When GM increased the electric range up to 50 miles, it helped subdue the haters.
Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#3884 May 3, 2013
Thanks, but we're way beyond the suspicion theories in your link.
There's no doubt that you're playing your usual silly charades.
No suspicion at our end!!
Your track record speaks for itself.

"Root's relentless pursuit of ignorance and filth"
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3885 May 3, 2013
Lol you are a funny gal. When will you ever figure out how to stop making baseless allegations against people? Thatís the real question you should be asking yourself.

I'm happy to see the Volt doing well.
Gizmo

Brockville, Canada

#3886 May 3, 2013
The obscene one calling himself Root, complains about "baseless allegations".
Are his many really loathsome and revolting posts we've exposed " Baseless Allegations".
When in fact they're all there in plain view and on the record?

Mr. Root appears to have a succession of painful feelings he claims he experiences and which are brought on by others.
Baseless allegations.
Being insulted.
Suffering profanity.
Being picked on.
Nasty reactions from others.
Hurtful feelings
Etc.

FWIW, those are clear signs of someone in denial who claims that others are always the source of his problems.
In reality his problems are of his own doing, and he fails to accept that.
Always pins blame on others.

Just sayin'.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3887 May 3, 2013
Let me tell you what Iím starting to think. You want to change the subject from Volt to something else. Thatís why you blame me for being love Volt (without any proof at all) I might add. You donít like the Volt and something nags at you that we have a positive thread about Volt. For some strange reason you want to come here and make a mockery out of it. You want to challenge people that find something in common with each other. Now of all things you finally join the forum and want to change it to gay talk, and then blame it on yet another person. I think youíre either very dirty or have some type of psychological reason for doing this. What it is I really donít know.

You call people names, use foul and demeaning rhetoric, and when itís returned to you, you cry like a little bitch and blame others for your problems.ďTheyíre calling me names.. internet masking bs on and on.

For what reason you do this is beyond me. I really have no idea. Itís not like you canít go out and join a place that hates the Volt to share your hate Volt rhetoric.

Good grief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renault CAN CLIP V168 is coming 05.2017! Free d... 14 hr Jerry523 1
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) Fri SkoalDipperJoe 211
Two Installation Method on Premium Tech Tool PT... May 26 eobdtool 1
V4.5.8 VVDI PROG new add multi-language (free d... May 25 diyobd2 1
Tips to cut plastic emergency keys with Condor ... May 25 diyobd2 2
High Quality MAN VCI Lite V14.01 Professional D... May 24 dreamer929 2
Xhorse Condor mini VS SEC-E9 key cutting machine May 24 diyobd2 1
More from around the web