Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3820 May 2, 2013
Root wrote:
YEAR TO DATE EV SALES
#1 VOLT 5550
#2 LEAF 5476
#3 PRIUS 2952
#4 TESLA MODEL S 2200
MONTHLY BREAKDOWN EV SALES
EV Sales for April:
Volt 1306
Leaf 1936
Tesla Model S 2200
Ford Fusion 365
Prius 599
Ford C-max energi 411
Honda Fit 22
Toyota Rav 70
Mitsubishi i 127
Honda Accord 55
So the competition outsells Volt 3 to 1.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#3821 May 2, 2013
Hello West virginia Mountain Momma!

Itís interesting to wonder what might have happened had it still just been the Leaf and Volt. Now itís the Model S, C-Max, Fusion, Accord, etc.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3822 May 2, 2013
He "forgot" to include YTD sales for Tesla.(among other oversights)
Considerably more than 2200.

Part of the fraud strategy?
Misrepresentation?
Not surprising.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3824 May 2, 2013
YEAR TO DATE EV SALES

#1 VOLT 5550
#2 LEAF 5476
#3 PRIUS 2952
#4 TESLA MODEL S 2200

MONTHLY BREAKDOWN EV SALES

EV Sales for April:

Volt 1306
Leaf 1936
Tesla Model S 2200
Ford Fusion 365
Prius 599
Ford C-max energi 411
Honda Fit 22
Toyota Rav 70
Mitsubishi i 127
Honda Accord 55

Breakdown: Volt continues itís lead followed by Leaf and Prius respectively. There are many great offerings here. I'm personally excited to see the new Tesla come on board and expect more exposure for all EV's in the coming months. Sadly we couldnít give a YTD total for Tesla because they refuse to report their sales.

More at the link:

http://insideevs.com/april-2013-plug-in-elect...
CorVolt 2013

Newtown, CT

#3825 May 2, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Defeated? Yes!
Also exposed as a fraud.
That's got to be humiliating.
At least for someone with a conscience.
Which is obviously lacking in his case.
One could also add any the following:
Offensive.
Repugnant.
Loathsome.
Revolting.
Unsavoury.
Or all of the above.
Volt lover should have Root give a speech at the Chevy dealers garage this weekend.

BTW, the girls over at the Action Central Cabaret know the Volt driving customer quite well; but they don't call him Root, they refer to him as the "Shreveport Shrimp"; true Story!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3826 May 2, 2013
By contrast, the global sales for 2012 EVís follow:

VOLT 30,090
PRIUS 27,181
LEAF 25,435
Silent Echo

Colonial Heights, VA

#3827 May 2, 2013
CorVolt 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Volt lover should have Root give a speech at the Chevy dealers garage this weekend.
BTW, the girls over at the Action Central Cabaret know the Volt driving customer quite well; but they don't call him Root, they refer to him as the "Shreveport Shrimp"; true Story!
Actually this little stupid SOB, known as iluvmyroot, is more like the looserweezana alligator. All mouth, no ears, brains or reading ability.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3828 May 2, 2013
Looking at global sales, it's clear that buyers prefer plug-ins like Prius and Leaf over much higher priced Volt.
Volt sales are less than half combined sales of those other two guys, and one third of the sales of all EVs combined.
Considering Prius has been on the market less than a Year, and Volt will soon see its three year anniversary, Prius is catching up to Volt handily.
The competition today is much stiffer than when Volt came on the market.
Six months from now should be a much different sales ratio situation.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3829 May 2, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this little stupid SOB, known as iluvmyroot, is more like the looserweezana alligator. All mouth, no ears, brains or reading ability.
Most assuredly no conscience or sense of decency either.
Look at his track record for posting nothing but filth.
What a fraud.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3830 May 2, 2013
What surprises me the most are all the people that get a 45+ range in the Volt.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3831 May 2, 2013
What doesn't surprise anybody is how Root puts on the facade of a responsible poster one minute,, and shortly thereafter, posts the foulest of filthy comments toward others.

An example (one of many) just Monday this week by Root:....

Quote:

" Root|#3715Monday Apr 29

Why did gizmo move to canada after his free ride in the USA?

Because his peter grew from 6 inches to 15.24 centimeters!"

Unquote.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3832 May 2, 2013
When youíre on top people really get emotional. There is hope, thought, for the Volt hater when it comes to Tesla. With over 10,000 preorders several months before production started (and they havenít built 10,000 yet) the only thing limiting Tesla is how fast they can build cars. Soon (if they ever publish numbers) they will be in the lead. The big question is; Tesla is building and delivering a lot of cars right now, but are they selling a lot? What happens when their back log is gone?
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3833 May 2, 2013
Another non surprise is whenever Root posts some of his degenerate musings, he uses the excuse that "others 'force' him to do it".
That qualifies as ignorance of the highest order.
We wonder if it might be a genetic predisposition.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3834 May 2, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
What doesn't surprise anybody is how Root puts on the facade of a responsible poster one minute,, and shortly thereafter, posts the foulest of filthy comments toward others.
An example (one of many) just Monday this week by Root:....
Quote:
" Root|#3715Monday Apr 29
Why did gizmo move to canada after his free ride in the USA?
Because his peter grew from 6 inches to 15.24 centimeters!"
Unquote.
Oh good grief, I'll address..

Iíve found it best to just leave you be when your start going into your emotional swings. Itís quite amusing to a red blooded American like myself to see steam coming out of your ears, its payment enough as I donít even have to say anything and you just keep on posting. Thatís why Iíve been judging your posts as funny, because they truly are, especially when you repeat post my comments about your wifeís hairy gizmo.

Now, what does irritate the living daylights out of me is that Luv Volt is not here posting today. I wanted so bad to see his reaction to you saying Iím him and heís me.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3835 May 2, 2013
I think one of the most important things to figure into an equation for anyone that looks into a Volt are the masses that get into the 45+ electric range.
CorVolt 2013

Newtown, CT

#3836 May 2, 2013
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3837 May 2, 2013
I'm accused of being "emotional and having smoke coming out of my ears".
Big mistake.
In truth, I'm merely taking all this degenerate fluff coming from Root in stride, and marvelling at how low some folks can get when it comes to loathsome and odious conduct.
However, if that fool truly believes He's causing anyone grief by virtue of "smoke coming out of their ears". He really needs to think about how confused he is.
There's a lot more than "smoke" coming from his mouth than any pair of ears could ever produce.
Indeed, he couldn't get any lower in the gutter than he's already at.
Ain't that the truth?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3838 May 2, 2013
50k plug in electric vehicles have been sold assuming all of their owners were able to take advantage of the full Bush era $7500 tax credit (they have not) we are only talking about $375 million dollars. By comparison the US government dulls out over 10 billion a year in fossil fuel subsidies (companies including foreign that net more than any other in the world). Welfare dolt says damnit, he got me again.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3839 May 2, 2013
The analogy used by the grossmeister calling himself Root (for the moment!) is hopelessly flawed and misrepresented.
He conveniently overlooks all the tax credits, subsidies, forgiveable loans, stock trades, bailouts, federal and state tax breaks, provided to the auto sector and it's suppliers over the past 20 or 30 years.
Odds are very high all that funding will add up to an amount far higher than oil subsidies the grossmeister floated in his feeble attempt to get brownie points.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3840 May 2, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, what does irritate the living daylights out of me is that Luv Volt is not here posting today. I wanted so bad to see his reaction to you saying Iím him and heís me.
Don't worry, your alter ego will no doubt soon reappear
The alter ego will show up and treat us to a litany of minutiae about how great is his love for Volt is.
And at the same time launching into a few condescending put downs about those dastardly "Haters" he so loves to lord his infinite wisdom and knowledge over.
All the while completely ignoring the alter ego Root's foul and degenerate posts.

Predictable!!
Not surprising.
Typical fraud strategy.
Amusing, but not much else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Original Autel MaxiSYS Elite J2534 ECU Program ... 15 hr OBD2TOOL 2
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update Ė Fiat 15 hr OBD2TOOL 2
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) 16 hr OBD2TOOL 23
News Retiring NASCAR star Danica Patrick hopes to ha... Jan 19 Oink pharts 6
News Video: RC toy car cruises down Houston freeway ... Jan 18 LONG FARTS 3
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) Jan 16 Retired Master Tech 218
More toyota Junk (Jun '07) Jan 12 Canada Rocks 338
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Jan 7 OBD2TOOL 6
More from around the web