Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Read more: taintedgreen.com 10,437

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Read more
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3771 May 1, 2013
I'm so happy to see these wonderful Volt MPG numbers.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3772 May 1, 2013
I'm so happy to see these wonderful Volt MPG numbers..
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3773 May 1, 2013
I'm so happy to see these wonderful Volt MPG numbers...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3774 May 1, 2013
I believe one of the most important things GM did was patent the Volt transmission. This prevented other makers from copying the technology.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3775 May 1, 2013
I believe one of the most important things GM did was patent the Volt transmission. This prevented other makers from copying the technology..
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3776 May 1, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
We topped the 200 mpg mark in our Volt! This is the first time we hit it. Our normal is 120 mpg normal driving with a 45 electric range. Now if we could just get our son to stop flooring it.
Hahaha. They love to go fast. My son bought a Volt. Now get this. He has owned 5 Mustangs over the years. Two of them were Shelby Cobra's. I never saw him drive under 80. I had to make him slow down when my grand kids were in the car.

He now drives 65. Never faster. He loves the gas savings. His old Volvo was costing him $345 a month for his commute. He now pays about $5 because he charges at work, and at the public library on the way home.(He has to study for his job ... systems engineer).

Happy motoring.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3777 May 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
It has been reported that something strange has been noticed every now and then...
while sitting at a red light the loud noise of WweeEEeeEEeeee coming from behind...
it's recognizable as a tiny motorcycle engine that constantly revs higher and higher then lower.
Be not mistaken...
Yes it's a factory driven obamamobile that turned its lights on because the sun was going down.
Too Funny.
That's funny .... I've never heard a Volt. Not even my own.

Too funny.

Your wife agrees.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3778 May 1, 2013
Because of the GM patent is why the prius plug in only gets an 11 mile range and thatís blended.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3779 May 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny .... I've never heard a Volt. Not even my own.
Too funny.
Your wife agrees.
It's crazy how quiet and efficient the Volt is.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3780 May 1, 2013
Root wrote:
I believe one of the most important things GM did was patent the Volt transmission. This prevented other makers from copying the technology.
The dolt doesn't understand what the Voltech system is. GM holds several patents on the Volt. The reason they are sharing it with Via Motors is a) Bob Lutz is the head guy over there b) they use GM trucks as their platform. Of course, the Cadillac ELR is a GM product.

I even mention how the brilliant engineers were able to figure out a way to connect the electric generator and the gas generator to the electric motor via clutches and a ring gear.

They did this so they wouldn't have to put a second gear ratio, which would have added weight and cost to the car. The 2 generators were already there.

Dolt doesn't know about the planetary. Prius has a planetary, but it is nowhere near the brilliant design of gm's. Thus, the patents.

Once again, no plug in series hybrids (mild or otherwise) before the Volt came along.

ps .... the hater is calling the kettle black again. Sheeeesh.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3781 May 1, 2013
My mpg through April. 1,000+ mpg

And dolt, all those electric miles were paid by me. I leave the charging stations for the Leaf. They have range anxiety.

Also .... I can't help it if all the awesome music I go to see is within my Volt's range. That's the benefit of living the the bay area. Too much music, so little time to watch.

Also, when I do go on a longer trip, I trick my Volt into better mpg by putting it in mountain mode. It uses a little more gas, but I get about 15 miles electric free when I get to my destination.

I use .12 more gallons, but that equates to 100 miles electric for the cost of 1 gallon of gas. No brainer. Thus, and 82 mile round trip is mostly electric. Get it?

If I didn't use mountain mode, my gas miles would be about 45, instead of 30. So, I use about .6 gallons of gas for that 82 mile round trip.

I really don't trick it. It is one of the awesome things I've learned going to the Volt meetings. The ones that you said I stand and sieg heil.

The world class techs and the engineers that attend the meetings share lots of info that sales people don't know.

So, I'll keep attending the meetings until I don't learn anymore. OK?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3782 May 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
The dolt doesn't understand what the Voltech system is. GM holds several patents on the Volt. The reason they are sharing it with Via Motors is a) Bob Lutz is the head guy over there b) they use GM trucks as their platform. Of course, the Cadillac ELR is a GM product.
I even mention how the brilliant engineers were able to figure out a way to connect the electric generator and the gas generator to the electric motor via clutches and a ring gear.
They did this so they wouldn't have to put a second gear ratio, which would have added weight and cost to the car. The 2 generators were already there.
Dolt doesn't know about the planetary. Prius has a planetary, but it is nowhere near the brilliant design of gm's. Thus, the patents.
Once again, no plug in series hybrids (mild or otherwise) before the Volt came along.
ps .... the hater is calling the kettle black again. Sheeeesh.
Have you ever noticed that every single negative thing said about the Volt here on this thread is wrong? Itís hilarious, just post something that is completely false and hope someone believes it. Crazy!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3783 May 1, 2013
On this thread, thereís an interesting read by the hater several pages back. He states he has seven computers and threatens to judge negatively if people donít stop stop voting his posts down. Every since then, the voting completely changes. A few days later he responds ďyou donít think Iím the one doing the voting do you.Ē I bet the moderators love this guy, heís probably pushing their bonuses up to ridiculous amounts. Wish I could get some of that cheese.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3784 May 1, 2013
Petey doesn't understand regenerative actions in an elctric / gas hybrid.

Pete!!! When a Volt is coming to a red light, even when it is in gas mode, the letting off of the "gas" pedal puts the car into regenerative actions.

The gas generator turns off, the electric generator begins sending electrons to the battery. The battery then sends electricity to the electric motor.

The car is now in electric mode, about 1/8 mile before the red light.

OK?

Keep trying though. That was the 6th thing you've said in all your 367 postings.

So, I will give you credit for 6 now. Way to break out of the mold dude!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3785 May 1, 2013
hater = peter

FYI
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3786 May 1, 2013
The hater sees other haters calling me vile names. I then respond forcefully, without using the curse words, but with facts and links.

He then puts me down for "talking down".

I guess he doesn't read the other haters posts ... eh? That's called "turning a blind eye".

Wow. Here we go again.

G.O.D.(Gizmo Only Dunces) is with us again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3787 May 1, 2013
Hey Luvmyvolt.
You speak about people using vile talk?
How about your alter ego--Root?

An example (Just last Saturday) post 3647 by Root....

Quote: "Go smell the hairy crotch of a Canadian woman and once again have a nice day fool"

Nice!!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3788 May 1, 2013
Or how about this little gem by your alter ego Root:

Quote:(Post 3715 last Monday)....

"Why did gizmo move to canada after his free ride in the USA?
Because his peter grew from 6 inches to 15.24 centimeters!"
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3789 May 1, 2013
Here's another gem from your alter ego Luvmyvolt.
It was posted by Root just yesterday--post 3756.

Quote: "Did your wife shave her crotch? Donít want any pubic hair getting into the drink"
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3790 May 1, 2013
Luvmyvolt, there's now no doubt in my mind....

You and your alter ego Root (plus a few other phoney usernames) are one and the same person making use of ISP masking software.

Too many coincidences, too many little slip ups, and occasional ISP annotations of ISP being masked.

The games people play never ceases to amaze.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nasty Canadian Jap Car News 56 min Nasty Canadian 16
News Toyota recalls even MORE Junk-1.3 million ORIENTAL (Jan '09) 12 hr Leagle Beagle 358
News All Honda Accord Hybrid production moving to Japan Apr 15 cpaELVIS 4
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) Apr 15 Nasty Canadian 315
2006 Chevrolet Impala Battery Drain Apr 14 dalilaa 3
News Ask Us All Your Deep Burning Questions About Th... Apr 14 Licensed Fartmaster 2
News 'Free-range' parents under fire again Apr 14 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web