Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
3,601 - 3,620 of 9,217 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3750 Apr 30, 2013
Modern Day Vega wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies from the number # 1 Volt shill. The Fords and Toyotas are traditional Hybrids with plug in recharging systems, and programmed to depend more on battery power until the juice starts running low. So cut your BS, at least be honest, no other manufacturer uses a Volt type of system; I'm not surprised.
Wrong again, dude. They are called "mild" series plug in hybrids. They can go full electric as long as you do not go over a certain speed. Then it reverts to a parallel hybrid.

There are four types of hybrids. The mild series plug in hybrids did not come along until the Volt was built. There were mild series hybrids, but they were not plug ins.

The Ford C-Max parallel hybrid is a non plug in. The C-Max Energi is a plug in that uses the E charge first. You can go much faster than a regular c-max before the car reverts to gas. It is therefore a cross between a series and a parallel.

A parallel hybrid, when started runs on gas. Always. A mild series plug in and a full series always starts in electric. The Mercedes can be drive 30 miles on pure electric. All the mild series plug ins can be driven faster in E than their counterpart parallel hybrids.

The reason these companies won't build a car based purely on the Volt is because of patents. It's not that they don't want to, pal. Believe me, they want to.

Why do you think the plug in Prius is getting such bad reviews from people who have bought them? They thought they were getting a "Volt" Prius.

Toyota can not build a car based on the Voltech technology. Not legally anyway.

That is why the 100 mpg, Via motors full sized pick up truck is the Volt on steroids. They are sharing the patents with GM. Nobody else can. They copy it as much as possible.

Once again, they created plug in mild series hybrids because of the Volt. If you don't think so, you are fooling yourself. There were no plug ins before the Volt.

You should inform yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3751 Apr 30, 2013
Ford got bailed out in 2006.$23 billion in government backed loans.

Haters don't cry about that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3752 Apr 30, 2013
Post 3746--by an author calling himself Root.

He responds to another individual's post by simply cut pasting that individual's earlier post and repeating it himself.
Another example of his vexatious and confrontational style.
Yet hey continues to insist it's other's actions which "Make him do that"

Here's another example of his out of control responses....

Quote--Post 867 in the "Sad Day At Toyota" thread, 2 hours ago:

"Life is good here as well, but you still failed to answer the question about consumersí knowledge of recalls. Iím not surprised.
Did your wife shave her crotch? Donít want any pubic hair getting into the drinks."

Please note the rather gross last sentence.
He insists that others "make him act that way"

Figure it out for yourself.
Is this a civil, trustworthy, and emotionally mature person?
I suggest not.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3753 Apr 30, 2013
To Luvmyvolt:

You are known by the friends you keep.
Here's how your friend in this forum conducts himself:

Quote--Post 86--It's A Sad Day At Toyota....Quote:
"Did your wife shave her crotch? Donít want any pubic hair getting into the drink"

This is not uncommon from that individual
He consistently insists that others "make him act that way"

Someone you would look to as a friend and supporter?
I suggest not.

It would be interesting to hear if you welcome and endorse conduct like that from anyone.

Keep in mind that if you don't respond, that "Silence is approval"
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3754 Apr 30, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, dude. They are called "mild" series plug in hybrids. They can go full electric as long as you do not go over a certain speed. Then it reverts to a parallel hybrid.
There are four types of hybrids. The mild series plug in hybrids did not come along until the Volt was built. There were mild series hybrids, but they were not plug ins.
The Ford C-Max parallel hybrid is a non plug in. The C-Max Energi is a plug in that uses the E charge first. You can go much faster than a regular c-max before the car reverts to gas. It is therefore a cross between a series and a parallel.
A parallel hybrid, when started runs on gas. Always. A mild series plug in and a full series always starts in electric. The Mercedes can be drive 30 miles on pure electric. All the mild series plug ins can be driven faster in E than their counterpart parallel hybrids.
The reason these companies won't build a car based purely on the Volt is because of patents. It's not that they don't want to, pal. Believe me, they want to.
Why do you think the plug in Prius is getting such bad reviews from people who have bought them? They thought they were getting a "Volt" Prius.
Toyota can not build a car based on the Voltech technology. Not legally anyway.
That is why the 100 mpg, Via motors full sized pick up truck is the Volt on steroids. They are sharing the patents with GM. Nobody else can. They copy it as much as possible.
Once again, they created plug in mild series hybrids because of the Volt. If you don't think so, you are fooling yourself. There were no plug ins before the Volt.
You should inform yourself.
Good stuff, thanks for all you do.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#3755 Apr 30, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
To Luvmyvolt:
You are known by the friends you keep.
Here's how your friend in this forum conducts himself:
Quote--Post 86--It's A Sad Day At Toyota....Quote:
"Did your wife shave her crotch? Donít want any pubic hair getting into the drink"
This is not uncommon from that individual
He consistently insists that others "make him act that way"
Someone you would look to as a friend and supporter?
I suggest not.
It would be interesting to hear if you welcome and endorse conduct like that from anyone.
Keep in mind that if you don't respond, that "Silence is approval"
This is what I'd say to my wife. Shave that sht off yo coot. We don't need all that bush peaking out the back end if the bikini.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3756 Apr 30, 2013
What Iíve found over the years is that to build a following of loyal citizens you must first like -- if not love -- your fellow man, and show this in your honesty, integrity, and interactions with others. You must get along with and have the ability to deal with all types of different individuals. If one takes this advice and practices it, they will once again be welcomed to the forum.
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3757 Apr 30, 2013
We topped the 200 mpg mark in our Volt! This is the first time we hit it. Our normal is 120 mpg normal driving with a 45 electric range. Now if we could just get our son to stop flooring it.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3758 Apr 30, 2013
Post 3756.

A superficial and hypocritical attempt to whitewash his consistently foul debasement of others here, and laughs in the face of common decency.

He preaches the golden rule, yet completely ignores it.

And then blames others for his conduct.

It doesn't get any more hypocritical than that!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3759 Apr 30, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
We topped the 200 mpg mark in our Volt! This is the first time we hit it. Our normal is 120 mpg normal driving with a 45 electric range. Now if we could just get our son to stop flooring it.
Congrats on the 200 MPG mark. That is truly a great accomplishment.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3760 Apr 30, 2013
Post 3756, Continued....how to make friends and influence people:

The author of that post needs to learn you don't win the hearts and minds of others by posting comments like the following example...""Did your wife shave her crotch? Donít want any pubic hair getting into the drink"

He also needs to learn that the only person having control over his conduct is he himself. Blaming others is just an excuse.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3761 Apr 30, 2013
Root wrote:
What Iíve found over the years is that to build a following of loyal citizens you must first like -- if not love -- your fellow man, and show this in your honesty, integrity, and interactions with others. You must get along with and have the ability to deal with all types of different individuals. If one takes this advice and practices it, they will once again be welcomed to the forum.
Post 3756.(above)

A superficial and hypocritical attempt to whitewash his consistently foul debasement of others here, and laughs in the face of common decency.

He preaches the golden rule, yet completely ignores it.

And then blames others for his conduct.

It doesn't get any more hypocritical than that!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3762 Apr 30, 2013
Volt owners achieving 200 plus mpg astounding. I want to take this moment to thank all of my loyal following and offer my most sincere congratulations to these great accomplishments. Together we can all work together to make this a better land. Old wrinkly unshaved crotches included, we can pull forward and make this a beautiful place to share great stories about Volt. Much thanks to all.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3763 Apr 30, 2013
Root wrote:
Volt owners achieving 200 plus mpg astounding. I want to take this moment to thank all of my loyal following and offer my most sincere congratulations to these great accomplishments. Together we can all work together to make this a better land. Old wrinkly unshaved crotches included, we can pull forward and make this a beautiful place to share great stories about Volt. Much thanks to all.
So far for 2013, I am at 1,000 + mpg (when charging costs are not factored in).... of course, I have always been honest about charging costs. A video of my odometer will follow.

What an awesome car!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3764 Apr 30, 2013
I thought the Dolt ... aka modern day vega ... knew cars and car facts.

I just assumed that when I said that other companies were making plug in series hybrids, following the Volts lead, he would understand that GM has patents on the Voltech system & full series hybrids, of which the Volt was the first. Via and the ELR share the patents.

I assumed that he would know that mild series hybrids have been around for years.

Plug in (mild series) didn't come into play until the Volt was produced. They had to make a car that looked something like the Volt to compete. But alas, the Volt leaves them in the dust.

I guess I have to spell everything out for the Dolt from now on. He's used 133 gallons of gas this year while I have used 2.

When you can't see that 133 compared to 2 is a whole lot more, you aren't using your noggin.

I'll spell it out reeeeeeeeel guuuuud fuuur u from now on ... dolt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#3765 Apr 30, 2013
Wifey says:
It has been reported that something strange has been noticed every now and then...

while sitting at a red light the loud noise of WweeEEeeEEeeee coming from behind...

it's recognizable as a tiny motorcycle engine that constantly revs higher and higher then lower.

Be not mistaken...

Yes it's a factory driven obamamobile that turned its lights on because the sun was going down.

Too Funny.
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#3766 Apr 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
It has been reported that something strange has been noticed every now and then...

while sitting at a red light the loud noise of WweeEEeeEEeeee coming from behind...

it's recognizable as a tiny motorcycle engine that constantly revs higher and higher then lower.

Be not mistaken...

Yes it's a factory driven obamamobile that turned its lights on because the sun was going down.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

I guess some would argue it as being their good gas mileage at work.

Too Funny.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3767 May 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
So far for 2013, I am at 1,000 + mpg (when charging costs are not factored in).... of course, I have always been honest about charging costs. A video of my odometer will follow.
What an awesome car!!!!!
Congratulations on your mileage accomplishment.
That said, you could probably accomplish the same or close to it if you drove a competitive plug-in.
Evidently you're using the vehicle primarily for driving short distances, thus avoiding use of the gas engine to charge the battery and relying on electrical recharge exclusively.

PS.
Contrary to your oft implied accusations,I am not a "Hater".
When someone examines all sides of any given situation, ie, both pluses AND minuses, that does not and should not be construed as being biased one way or the other.
There should be room in any debate for all aspects of the issue at hand.
That is a basic principle in any democracy, and is fundamental to civilized society.
Evidently in your mind, that isn't the case, and you arbitrarily dismiss those who differ with you as "haters" (And often worse!)
That wouldn't be so bad if it didn't involve a condescending smack down almost every time you post.
You obviously know a lot about the subject, but that doesn't mean you need to talk down to those who may not be as knowledgeable.
I can only assume your intent is to eliminate any and all contradictory dialog in this forum which you deem unacceptable.
That, in and of itself, is not likely to happen.
So perhaps you might consider being a little more tolerant, and less condescending.
After all, this is just a relatively obscure forum, and the issue isn't a life or death struggle.
There should be room for all sides.
Modern Day Vega

Florham Park, NJ

#3768 May 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh! GM holds patents on gas powered electrical generators, electric motors, and batteries? Too funny.
Modern Day Vega

Florham Park, NJ

#3769 May 1, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
He's used 133 gallons of gas this year while I have used 2.
That's because you're too cheap to go anywhere. So I spent about $500 on gas, whats the big deal?

Here comes iluvmyVolt with his extension cord looking to mooch electricity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can You Guess What Countries Build The Most Cars? 8 hr John Jeffery 1
Malaysia Airlines Is Hemorrhaging Money, Flying... Thu _malon_goblok 4
Ferguson violence: Escalation blamed on cops Wed gomer 2
2014 Cadillac CTS vs. 2014 Chevrolet Corvette S... Wed supashack 1
VP Biden congratulates 'fellow veep' on Emmy win Wed Le Jimbo 2
Why Cars Don't Get 80 Miles Per Gallon: 4 Reasons Aug 26 Sharptons Savages 5
ALL cars-High Mileage Stories (Nov '07) Aug 25 shane3030 25

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••