Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3714 Apr 29, 2013
Posts 3710, 3711, 3712.
More classic examples of silly posts, confrontational and insulting episodes.
Poster should be banned.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3715 Apr 29, 2013
Why did gizmo move to canada after his free ride in the USA?

Because his peter grew from 6 inches to 15.24 centimeters!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3716 Apr 29, 2013
Post 3715.
Yet another example of disgusting and totally unacceptable conduct.
Keep this in mind the next time he lectures others.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3717 Apr 29, 2013
Apparently something I said was deemed to be "confrontational".
Apparently this compelled him to respond with really vile and insulting posts.
He insists my remarks somehow "caused" him to lose control and act in an out of control and irresponsible manner.
Gotta be something off kilter with a guy who blames others for "causing" him to lose control and act in such a disgusting manner.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3718 Apr 29, 2013
40 above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians sunbathe.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3719 Apr 29, 2013
Number 3718.
Another silly post.
He's compelled to lose control by others.
Others "make" him do so.
Or so he wants us to believe.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3720 Apr 29, 2013
Oh lighten up. You are so damn stiff, I bet when you were at the bar in Vietnam Hanoi fonda called you Rocky.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3721 Apr 29, 2013
Some folks just can't maintain control when confronted with honest dialog.
They lose it, and then make a big noise about others "making" them do it.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3722 Apr 29, 2013
I like to think of people like that as helpless.
Emotionally that is.
We'll just have to keep in mind that they really have no control over their conduct.
Modern Day Vega

Newtown, CT

#3723 Apr 29, 2013
Getting back on topic: Hey Root what is your opinion of Ryan's? Looks like upscale Shreveport cuisine. Do they serve Guinness? Might be worth the price if you can get their on electric only.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3724 Apr 29, 2013
Careful my friend.
He's pretty touchy and could take your query as "confrontational", and then go out of control with a series of crazy or vulgar posts.
Happens fairly often.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3725 Apr 29, 2013
Modern Day Vega wrote:
Getting back on topic: Hey Root what is your opinion of Ryan's? Looks like upscale Shreveport cuisine. Do they serve Guinness? Might be worth the price if you can get their on electric only.
Have to admit, I just laughed my ass off, good job.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3727 Apr 29, 2013
Pagae 178 - Comment 3679
The Welfare Mobile (aka Dolt) asked:

"And why hasn't any of the great automobile manufacturers of the world implemented the Volt's drive train in one of their cars?"

Here's a list of cars that are series plug ins that were built after the Volt. The Volt was the first extended range, series hybrid plug in to go into production in the world. These are cars using the same type of technology as the Volt. In other words, they are following suite.

Ford C-Max Plug In
Toyota Prius Plug In
Fisker Karma plug in

Jaguar to produce a series hybrid based on the Chevy Volt
http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-limo-green...

2013 BMW series hybrid
http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/bmw/201...

Mercedes Benz F800 series hybrid plug in
http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes-benz/merc...

Here are about 4 more plug in series hybrids. Including a Volvo and a Honda
http://eartheasy.com/move_plug-in_cars.html

All these cars are based on the Volt style plug in series hybrid. Volt was the first extended range vehicle in the world to enter production.

Good enough?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Modern Day Vega

Florham Park, NJ

#3730 Apr 30, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Pagae 178 - Comment 3679
The Welfare Mobile (aka Dolt) asked:
"And why hasn't any of the great automobile manufacturers of the world implemented the Volt's drive train in one of their cars?"
Here's a list of cars that are series plug ins that were built after the Volt. The Volt was the first extended range, series hybrid plug in to go into production in the world. These are cars using the same type of technology as the Volt. In other words, they are following suite.
Ford C-Max Plug In
Toyota Prius Plug In
Fisker Karma plug in
Jaguar to produce a series hybrid based on the Chevy Volt
http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-limo-green...
2013 BMW series hybrid
http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/bmw/201...
Mercedes Benz F800 series hybrid plug in
http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes-benz/merc...
Here are about 4 more plug in series hybrids. Including a Volvo and a Honda
http://eartheasy.com/move_plug-in_cars.html
All these cars are based on the Volt style plug in series hybrid. Volt was the first extended range vehicle in the world to enter production.
Good enough?
More lies from the number # 1 Volt shill. The Fords and Toyotas are traditional Hybrids with plug in recharging systems, and programmed to depend more on battery power until the juice starts running low. So cut your BS, at least be honest, no other manufacturer uses a Volt type of system; I'm not surprised.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3731 Apr 30, 2013
I'm happy to see the Volt doing so well.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3732 Apr 30, 2013
"The devil makes him do it" syndrome at work---again.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3733 Apr 30, 2013
Volt is revolutionary.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3734 Apr 30, 2013
And again!!!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3735 Apr 30, 2013
He blames others for "making him do it"--that's
His explanation for his frivolous, vexatious, disruptive, sometimes vile and crude, otherwise silly conduct.
Silent Echo

Colonial Heights, VA

#3736 Apr 30, 2013
You know it is amazing that the Rootless one from Looserweezana makes statements devoid of fact that is documented by the auto maker or any other source. GM gives electric range at under 40 miles IF you drive at the optimum speed and do not use the heater or air conditioner, they also admit that the volt has not met one sales goal in it's span on the market. Green Car Magazine (a pro electric car publication) also confirms the electric range stated by GM. The volt has no place as a practical family vehicle at the current time. These, self professed, American Conservatives all talk about how the volt is the conservative answer to a problem. The fact is that Obama forced Government Motors to rush the production of the volt before the battery technology was there and still is not. It was all a part of the Obama plan to destroy the coal industry as well as other current sources of energy in favor of "Green Living" type fuels.

How has that plan worked out so far. Solendra, this other electric car that took billions from the government and never produced the first car and the volt, the 35 mile electric wonder that the American public has rejected at the dealerships. Oh well, chevy can rejoice that they have the option of the Cruz which is the rational twin of the volt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds: Stop driving these Honda models immediately 8 hr Go Blue Forever 1
how to chose obd scanner for our car? 9 hr lanrce 1
Launch CRP TOUCH Pro FULL System Diagnostic Ser... 10 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
Xhorse Condor XC-Mini key cutting adds 16 Multi... 12 hr Ambrosio 1
Free Download Psdzdata 3.58.2.001 E-sys 3.26.1 23 hr Dtwok 2
News Goodbye, 12-volts Thu Solarman 3
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) Thu Janealen 213
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jun 9 lalaura 21
More from around the web