Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#3674 Apr 28, 2013
welfare dolt says...DAMN...they got me again!
Too funny!
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#3675 Apr 28, 2013
Wifey says:
gov motors pays the dealers to buy obamamobiles...

then sell them back at the Tax Payer expense.

what's new there.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3676 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be.

He also wonders why the typical hunday owner is black and the average Volt owner is affluent succesful and white..
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#3678 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
gov motors pays the dealers to buy obamamobiles...

then sell them back at the Tax Payer expense.

what's new there.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

as it's his agenda to insure that only the fed and ge are the buyers...

as they are the only buyers along with the rentals...

in which is why he is trying so hard to raise the prices of gas to justify it all..

and that's all the Tax Payer expense of course.

Too Funny.
The Welfare Mobile

Newtown, CT

#3679 Apr 28, 2013
Root wrote:
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year?
What we all wonder is why with all the BS awards the Volt wins, why is it such a sales failure? And why hasn't any of the great automobile manufacturers of the world implemented the Volt's drive train in one of their cars?
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#3680 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
That's very true...

as it's his agenda to insure that only the fed and ge are the buyers...

as they are the only buyers along with the rentals...

in which is why he is trying so hard to raise the prices of gas to justify it all..

and that's all the Tax Payer expense of course.

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and it's solely the reason for its' existence...

per se.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3681 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said Volt is the number one seller and itís still beating what the prius did when it was released. What a great track record! Welfare dolt said damn they got me again!

Too funny!
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#3682 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and it's solely the reason for its' existence...

per se.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

so it's to reason why...

the unions and the obamamobile go hand-in-hand...

as the reason for our poor Economy to this day...

along with a president who thinks he has nothing more to do besides learn how to pay golf...

and thinks he knows better.

Too Funny.

Too Funny.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3683 Apr 28, 2013
The Walfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
A mortgage loan gets a credit against interest paid. It has nothing to do with income. Period. It is a tax brake, or credit. Where in the world did you ever hear that interest paid on a mortgage is connected to income?
iluvmyVolt, the more you babble, the more you verify yourself to all as an ignoramus on most subjects. I will quote from a great American: "Tis Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." You have as much creditability as a used Yugo salesman. You are doing the Volt more harm than good with your BS!
FYI:
In your country, mortgage interest and income are, in fact, connected.
Your federal government allows you to deduct mortgage interest against income, and your taxable income is reduced accordingly.
You're fortunate to have that tax credit.
We do not.

But you are correct in suggesting he uses fuzzy math to support many of his contentions.
You are also correct in stating there is no credibility there, and a lot of condescending rhetoric as well.
He most often uses a lot of slyly subtle but very pointed personal attacks, and then complains about others for the same thing.
That is a clear sign of an untrustworthy individual.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Welfare Mobile

Newtown, CT

#3684 Apr 28, 2013
Rooty can take his whole extended family out to Golden Corral in the front seat of a Volt; too funny!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3685 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be and talks about his family getting pissed on at a golden shower.
He also wonders why the typical hunday owner is black and the average Volt owner is affluent succesful and white..

Too funny!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3686 Apr 28, 2013
Hey look, the one poster that spreads shitfinger on the forum has gone to sleep. When your family gets pissed on and the Volt is the most awarded vehicle, all you have is piss.

Too funny!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3687 Apr 28, 2013
Here's what a hater group had to say about the Volt,(probably where Dolt and the hater get some of their info).

"Volt sales so far are running a bit ahead of last year's pace in the U.S., up 8.4%. That's a decent increase, a little ahead of the overall U.S. market's 6.4% gain through March, but it's not setting the world on fire."

Can you believe that? The Volt's gain in sales is 2% ahead of the rest of the market's gain. It is 8.4% higher than last year. Even these haters admit that the Volt sales are good .... but we still hate it!!!!!!!

Last year saw a 300% jump in sales.

It is outselling 50% of all cars in America. But it's still a failure. Nitwits.

That's from fool.com . Now I know where those two haters get their stuff. From f-o-o-l . com

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3688 Apr 28, 2013
More about the S back orders.

From the following link:

"The big question is whether Tesla can sustain and grow those sales. They had a lot of pent up demand waiting for production to begin. Once that backlog has been cleared, the next challenge begins. But so far, reception for the Model S has been excellent, so things are looking good."

http://www.treehugger.com/cars/tesla-model-s-...

From the next link:

"After speaking to Tesla's customers, he says he believes that the company has worked through most of the back orders for the Model S. That means if Tesla is going to sell 20,000 cars in 2013, it has to make a lot of new sales. Bad press in The New York Times probably doesn't help."

They still have some back orders to fill. they have "worked through most of the back orders". That article was put out in the middle of this February.

This article also covers the low real world range for the S.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/20...

From the following link: 10,000 S models were in back order at one time.

"With a backlog of more than 10,000 depositors for the Tesla Model S, its maker is making and delivering electric luxury sedans as fast as it can."
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1083114_t...

From the following link:

I learned last week from Tesla that a Model S buyer who made a reservation in November or so is likely to take delivery in summer 2013. The company maintains the goal of delivering 20,000 vehicles in 2013.

and

The trends indicate that Tesla is successfully ramping up production. Thatís great news. But itís one thing to ramp up sales when thereís a backlog of orders, and another matter to sustain production and sales at the pace of 20,000 units month after month, year after year.

http://www.plugincars.com/moment-truth-tesla-...

An order required a payment of $5,000. Non-refundable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3689 Apr 28, 2013
From the link: How the Volt gets more mpg than the EPA reports while in gas mode.

Read the 2nd paragraph below.

"So, the powerful regeneration in the 2011 Chevrolet Volt adds hidden fuel-free miles to the Volt's total range, which actually increases real-world gas mileage."

"The EPA mileage tests do not incorporate this kind of regenerative energy recapture in their standard test cycles, which explains why most new Volt drivers are actually getting better than EPA ratings for their real-world gas mileage."

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1063298_2...

This is an example of real world car facts.

OK , this subject has been beaten to death. If a certain hater who thinks a trip of 850 miles, burning 23 gallons of gas is good,(36 mpg), he's right. But not as good as the Volt. Even the EPA rates the Volt at 40 mpg, highway, when in gas mode. But, as the article above states, and all the Volt owners report, that is too low. We get 43 mpg, just like Mpgomatic reported on YouTube after driving 600 miles. That's 7 mpg better in gas mode than the Elantra.

But we don't care about 43 mpg. That's a gas hog. Yes, my Volt is a gas hog on the freeway. 43 mpg sucks. I get 144 mpg, city. 80% of our miles are city miles, just like anybody else. Gas has to go down to $2.70 a gallon for me to be at 100 mpg, per my charging costs.

19 months, 8 gallons of gas purchased.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3690 Apr 29, 2013
Let's try yet another time.
The first time this news was posted it was jumped on.
So we posted it a second time.
And again it was jumped on.
So we posted it a third time.
And again it was jumped on.
Immediately followed once more, obviously to squelch any unflattering Volt news, with another lengthy barrage of defensive rhetoric and personal attacks.
So, here it is again.

Needless to say, in spite of yet another page of same old same old misdirection, it's a fact.

Tesla has outsold Volt so far in 2013.

"Tesla Model S Leading Auto Plug-In Race.
Bloomberg April 27, 2013

Tesla is North America's rechargeable auto sales leader so far in 2013.
Tesla reports 4750 deliveries of its EV Model S sedan in 2013 to date, surpassing General Motors' Chevrolet Volt which reported 4421 deliveries in the same period.
Considering Tesla began selling its Model S in mid 2012, this is a remarkable accomplishment.
The Model S comes with a base price of $69,900, and Tesla hasn't begun shipments beyond North America. The Model S goes as far as 483 kilometres on a charge
Silent Echo

Colonial Heights, VA

#3691 Apr 29, 2013
Root wrote:
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be.
He also wonders why the typical hunday owner is black and the average Volt owner is affluent succesful and white.
Who would have thunk it, a racist mutha fcuker from Looserweeziana.

Actually the average owner of any vehicle that must bring up price as a status point is your typical small penis idiot who must have some type of addition to make up for his short comings.

I guess if I came from a state with as much poverty as the rootless one does I would use anything to show that I had more class than most of my fellow Looserweezianans.

All this aside, little rootless one can not deny that in the three and a half years the volt has been built is is a sales failure.
I know he is going to talk about all of the awards it has received, however, these bogus awards did not equate to sales. The volt has not even met the modest sales goals that GM set for it in any year.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3692 Apr 29, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Here's what a hater group had to say about the Volt,(probably where Dolt and the hater get some of their info).
"Volt sales so far are running a bit ahead of last year's pace in the U.S., up 8.4%. That's a decent increase, a little ahead of the overall U.S. market's 6.4% gain through March, but it's not setting the world on fire."
Can you believe that? The Volt's gain in sales is 2% ahead of the rest of the market's gain. It is 8.4% higher than last year. Even these haters admit that the Volt sales are good .... but we still hate it!!!!!!!
Last year saw a 300% jump in sales.
It is outselling 50% of all cars in America. But it's still a failure. Nitwits.
That's from fool.com . Now I know where those two haters get their stuff. From f-o-o-l . com
Itís amazing to see Volt doing so well in the market. Welfare dolt took his family to the golden shower for chicken fingers and mashed potatoes. Estimates say he would have enough to treat the family to Dennyís and be able to skip the whole golden shower with the savings he would earn on gas if he owned a Volt.
Silent Echo

Colonial Heights, VA

#3693 Apr 29, 2013
The rootess one from Looserweeziana has made it a BIG part of his proof that the volt is a great vehicle by the awards given to the volt by noted domestic magazines and auto watchdog groups and I will admit to the fact it has won them.

(1) Motor Trend magazine named it car of the year

Oh wait that award was done in 1960 when the learned magazine gave that award to the newest GM brain storm, The Chevy Corvair. Damn, Motor Trend hit that one out of the park. Allow me to give other similar things that the volt shares with the Corvair. Chevy dealers were upset at the #2,500 price tag which was just $200 less than their full size Biscayne and much higher than the far more successful German competition, the VW. This sounds much like the battle between the sales tested Prius and the volt.
Gas mileage was stated by GM and certain rabid corvair owners of being as high as 26 MPG, however, none of them mentioned that if you turned on the heater it cost from 6 to 8 MPG just as the Air Conditioner has the same percentage effect on electric range for the volt.
During the years of 1960-1969 The Corvair had a much larger sales share than the current volt, however in 1969 The Corvair, RIP.

In 1972 Motor Tre4nd named The Vega as "Car of the Year" and Car and Driver named it "Best Economy sedan of the year" another couple of great looks into the future by these two motor rags that are whores to the big three and the all mighty dollar. Despite these great awards (you must remember that at that time there were not that many international awards for compact cars.
During the years of 1970-1977 The Vega also enjoyed a much larger sales share than the volt, however, in 1977 The Vega, RIP.

Yes GM does not have that great a track record for new and innovative vehicles and has shown not a lot of understanding of the market.

Now, mr small penis from loozerweeziana, dispute the facts.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3694 Apr 29, 2013
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be and talks about 1960 and a Corvair. While still getting pissed on.

Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Retiring NASCAR star Danica Patrick hopes to ha... Fri Oink pharts 6
News Video: RC toy car cruises down Houston freeway ... Jan 18 LONG FARTS 3
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) Jan 16 Retired Master Tech 218
More toyota Junk (Jun '07) Jan 12 Canada Rocks 338
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update Ė Fiat Jan 11 lanny717 1
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Jan 11 AgreePhart 124
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Jan 11 Autoboner 2
More from around the web