Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,222

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3665 Apr 28, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I told him that yesterday. He doesn't follow this segment.
The real question is ... how many have been sold in 2013? That's the real question. When calculating a car's sales numbers for a specific year ... you must count the car sold in that year.

Now ... he is right if he is speaking of deliveries only. So what? It has nothing to do with sales.

In other words ... he's spinning it to look like sales. He accuses us of spinning.

Plain English. Sales vs. deliveries. All Tesla deliveries were 2011 sales. Volt outsold the Tesla pre-sales in 2011, by the way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3666 Apr 28, 2013
OK Dolt, I know you are lacking in knowledge about the Volt. You really need to check out a topic before you comment. Here are a few folks that attest to the awesome car they drive. This is about how they gain lots of miles using regenerative actions.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-...

4th comment in the link.

Rons2013

09-05-2012, 04:50 PM

"Same sort of thing here. My daily grind is about 30 miles each way, and I lose (going) or gain (returning) about 1000 ft. of altitude in the first (closest to home) 12 miles. Leaving the house in the morning with a full charge it'll generally be showing (now that it's "learned" my habits) 42 or 43 miles of available range. By the time I get that first 12 miles out of the way (secondary road, 45-50 mph and no traffic) I'll be seeing anywhere between 52 and 56 miles available. The Best I've done so far is to be At work having covered 30 miles and still be showing 34 miles of available range."

You can't win Dolt. The Volt was named Best Eco Car by two major publications. It won the Monte Carlo Alternative Fuel Rally, beating out the best bio-diesels in the world. They drove for hundreds of miles.

You can think all you want, but you are comparing your car thinking my car drives exactly the same way yours does. It doesn't. It puts miles in the bank when regenerative actions occur.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3667 Apr 28, 2013
I don't even think the Dolt reads these links, or my posts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3668 Apr 28, 2013
Looks like welfare dolt got his asss spanked again.

Too Funny!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3669 Apr 28, 2013
Great, it looks like welfare dolt got his asss spanked again.

Too Funny!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3670 Apr 28, 2013
Let's try one more time.
The first time this was posted it was jumped on.
So we posted it again.
And again it was jumped on.
Yet another attempt to squelch it with a barrage of defensive rhetoric and personal attacks.
Needless to say, in spite of another entire page of same old same old, it's a fact.

Tesla has outsold Volt so far in 2013.

"Tesla Model S Leading Auto Plug-In Race.
Bloomberg April 27, 2013

Tesla is North America's rechargeable auto sales leader so far in 2013.
Tesla reports 4750 deliveries of its EV Model S sedan in 2013 to date, surpassing General Motors' Chevrolet Volt which reported 4421 deliveries in the same period.
Considering Tesla began selling its Model S in mid 2012, this is a remarkable accomplishment.
The Model S comes with a base price of $69,900, and Tesla hasn't begun shipments beyond North America. The Model S goes as far as 483 kilometres on a charge"
The Walfare Mobile

Trumbull, CT

#3671 Apr 28, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I don't even think the Dolt reads these links, or my posts.
A mortgage loan gets a credit against interest paid. It has nothing to do with income. Period. It is a tax brake, or credit. Where in the world did you ever hear that interest paid on a mortgage is connected to income?

iluvmyVolt, the more you babble, the more you verify yourself to all as an ignoramus on most subjects. I will quote from a great American: "Tis Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." You have as much creditability as a used Yugo salesman. You are doing the Volt more harm than good with your BS!
The Welfare Mobile

Trumbull, CT

#3672 Apr 28, 2013
Poor trailer trash Rooty, it's not easy for him having to explain to civilized people that his wife, mother, and sister are one and the same.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3673 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be.

He also wonders why the typical hunday owner is black and the average Volt owner is affluent succesful and white.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3674 Apr 28, 2013
welfare dolt says...DAMN...they got me again!
Too funny!
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#3675 Apr 28, 2013
Wifey says:
gov motors pays the dealers to buy obamamobiles...

then sell them back at the Tax Payer expense.

what's new there.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3676 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be.

He also wonders why the typical hunday owner is black and the average Volt owner is affluent succesful and white..
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#3678 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
gov motors pays the dealers to buy obamamobiles...

then sell them back at the Tax Payer expense.

what's new there.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

as it's his agenda to insure that only the fed and ge are the buyers...

as they are the only buyers along with the rentals...

in which is why he is trying so hard to raise the prices of gas to justify it all..

and that's all the Tax Payer expense of course.

Too Funny.
The Welfare Mobile

Trumbull, CT

#3679 Apr 28, 2013
Root wrote:
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year?
What we all wonder is why with all the BS awards the Volt wins, why is it such a sales failure? And why hasn't any of the great automobile manufacturers of the world implemented the Volt's drive train in one of their cars?
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#3680 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
That's very true...

as it's his agenda to insure that only the fed and ge are the buyers...

as they are the only buyers along with the rentals...

in which is why he is trying so hard to raise the prices of gas to justify it all..

and that's all the Tax Payer expense of course.

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and it's solely the reason for its' existence...

per se.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3681 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said Volt is the number one seller and itís still beating what the prius did when it was released. What a great track record! Welfare dolt said damn they got me again!

Too funny!
Pete

Wyoming, MI

#3682 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and it's solely the reason for its' existence...

per se.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

so it's to reason why...

the unions and the obamamobile go hand-in-hand...

as the reason for our poor Economy to this day...

along with a president who thinks he has nothing more to do besides learn how to pay golf...

and thinks he knows better.

Too Funny.

Too Funny.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3683 Apr 28, 2013
The Walfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
A mortgage loan gets a credit against interest paid. It has nothing to do with income. Period. It is a tax brake, or credit. Where in the world did you ever hear that interest paid on a mortgage is connected to income?
iluvmyVolt, the more you babble, the more you verify yourself to all as an ignoramus on most subjects. I will quote from a great American: "Tis Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." You have as much creditability as a used Yugo salesman. You are doing the Volt more harm than good with your BS!
FYI:
In your country, mortgage interest and income are, in fact, connected.
Your federal government allows you to deduct mortgage interest against income, and your taxable income is reduced accordingly.
You're fortunate to have that tax credit.
We do not.

But you are correct in suggesting he uses fuzzy math to support many of his contentions.
You are also correct in stating there is no credibility there, and a lot of condescending rhetoric as well.
He most often uses a lot of slyly subtle but very pointed personal attacks, and then complains about others for the same thing.
That is a clear sign of an untrustworthy individual.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Welfare Mobile

Trumbull, CT

#3684 Apr 28, 2013
Rooty can take his whole extended family out to Golden Corral in the front seat of a Volt; too funny!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3685 Apr 28, 2013
Sally said I can't believe the Volt won the North American car of the year award AND the European car of the year award and the Motor Trendís car of the year? Welfare dolt wonders how this could be and talks about his family getting pissed on at a golden shower.
He also wonders why the typical hunday owner is black and the average Volt owner is affluent succesful and white..

Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 29 min Lawrence Wolf 80
Cheap Limo Service In Orange County (Feb '13) Fri Zach 5
God Says Speeding Is Totally Cool, According To... Fri Laughing Gull 1
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) Fri Jimmy 15
Hellcat-powered Challenger SRT gets big boost t... (May '14) Fri Sally 4
vdm ucandas (Jan '14) Nov 19 Liliflower 6
Chrysler 300 goes back to good, ol' days Nov 19 Tarreo 1

Autos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE