Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
3,481 - 3,500 of 9,213 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Per Kelly Blue Book:

Hyundai Sonata 5 year cost of ownership:
$38,500

Chevy Volt 5 year cost of ownership:
$40,629
- 7,500 credit
----------
$33,129

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/20...

Even without the credit, the Volt almost made up the difference even though the sticker for the Volt would be $22,000 more than the Sonata. It makes up $20,000 in 5 years!!! And the Hyundai is a tin can.

What an amazing car.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

This is for echo (The Dolt).

This is why I may only have to change my brakes once in the car's life time ... or maybe never.

http://www.designnews.com/document.asp...

Regenerative braking has been around for almost 100 years. Diesel locomotives and troly cars were among the first to use regenerative braking.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/brake...

You see, you learned something. You know, you should know something about a subject before you make a statement about it. Sometimes it comes back and bites you. No brake pads until 3 mph. I have had my car for 19 months and I just cleaned my fron rims. They really didn't need cleaning. I just wanted them to match the back rims.

What an amazing car.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

We all know how much the Europeans hate American cars. That makes the European awards the Volt has won even more impressive.

Such as "What Car" (England) award for best alternative fuel car.

http://www.evmart.co.uk/news/chevrolet-volt-w...

Bolstered by the European Volt winning the Monte Carlo Alternative Fuel Rally. Beating the worlds best diesels and bio-diesels.

http://www.carscoops.com/2012/03/opel-ampera-...

It also was awarded "Best Eco Car" by the English publication "Diesel Car".

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/chevy-volt-...

And of course, the Volt was the first American car ever to win European Car Of The Year.

What an amazing car.
liner

Bellport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
They didnít do the same thing. If you were a car guy you would know that. Hunday are proven liars.
Wow! You must be one of them "insider car guys". The EPA is still investigating Ford and hasn't released any findings, but you already know the results. Facinating!
The Welfare Mobile

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't stand being proved wrong ... eh? That's two groups that compare cost of ownership of cars that put the Volt way ahead of a tin can Hyundai.
By the way .... it's Analyst. I can see you are not a guuuud spelller.
And you can laugh all you want. As I told other haters, if it relieves the pain of the pump, go ahead. Some people need to hate to feel better. Me ... I like putting money in my stock accounts.
I get to save over $1,000 a year and then watch it grow. You get to put it in your tank and watch it ...... go.
Hahahahhaha
No, for you the proper spelling is analist. And it's not a $7,500 credit, it's welfare. BTW you seem to change your line of BS with every post, but keep it flowing, you keep use amused.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

The Volt is revolutionary. I'm glad to see so many people saving money at the gas pump.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

The Welfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
No, for you the proper spelling is analist. And it's not a $7,500 credit, it's welfare. BTW you seem to change your line of BS with every post, but keep it flowing, you keep use amused.
I can tell you don't own a house, or have kids. Otherwise, you would know what a tax credit is.

Mitt Romney's tax credits added up to $1.3 million in 2011. He was at the head of the welfare line.

You need to get your finances in order and purchase a house so you can stop the hemoraging of money. Me .... I paid my house off in 1994.

I'm glad you like my humor, Dolt. I especially liked the line:
I get to watch my money grow,
You get to watch your money go.

And I do change with almost every post. I only repeat when haters don't read prior posts. Like ... I've already posted 3 different, reputable groups that show the Volt costs less than a tin can in less than 5 years. So, the next time you say I have to drive 170,000 miles to make up the difference in price, I'll find a fourth, and so on.

OK, glad you like my stuff. Pete likes it so much he added one more thumbs down. Now it's 14. I can see the fumes from here.

Hey Moe, look, it's Petey. His head is on fire. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
The Welfare Mobile

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you don't own a house, or have kids. Otherwise, you would know what a tax credit is.
Mitt Romney's tax credits added up to $1.3 million in 2011. He was at the head of the welfare line.
You need to get your finances in order and purchase a house so you can stop the hemoraging of money. Me .... I paid my house off in 1994.
I'm glad you like my humor, Dolt. I especially liked the line:
I get to watch my money grow,
You get to watch your money go.
And I do change with almost every post. I only repeat when haters don't read prior posts. Like ... I've already posted 3 different, reputable groups that show the Volt costs less than a tin can in less than 5 years. So, the next time you say I have to drive 170,000 miles to make up the difference in price, I'll find a fourth, and so on.
OK, glad you like my stuff. Pete likes it so much he added one more thumbs down. Now it's 14. I can see the fumes from here.
Hey Moe, look, it's Petey. His head is on fire. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
Babble on! You need to learn the difference between a deduction against income and a credit.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the welfare dolt got his asss handed to him again.

Garlic?

Too funny!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

The Welfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
Babble on! You need to learn the difference between a deduction against income and a credit.
A mortgage loan gets a credit against interest paid. It has nothing to do with income. Period. It is a tax brake, or credit. Where in the world did you ever hear that interest paid on a mortgage is connected to income?

I can tell ..... you have never bought a house! Let's put it this way TWM (aka Dolt), when you buy your first house and the tax man pulls out that big calckilator (sic) to figure out your credit against interest paid, you better not accept it, even though it will be in the thousands the first year ... because we all know you don't want to be a welfare recipient.

OK ... and by the way ... don't have kids either.

Tax credit (break) against interest paid.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/06/mo...

You know Dolt ... there is a thing called "search". It helps to look things up before you make a dumb statement.

Just trying to help you out.

Later ... I have to run some errands in my amazing Volt.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You must be one of them "insider car guys". The EPA is still investigating Ford and hasn't released any findings, but you already know the results. Facinating!
Instead of bloviating, read the case.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Damn welfare dolt won't have any asss left at all at this rate.

Too funny!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Wifey says:
Speaking of too funny...

the domestics are made by the freeloaders...

for the freeloaders...

and that's world renown.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Speaking of too funny...

for the freeloaders...

and that's world renown.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

nobody wants to buy union made anymore.

Word.

Too Funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

World's first Volt sold ever. Owner getting 450 mpg.

http://insideevs.com/worlds-first-chevy-volt-...

I am right there with him. I have used 26 gallons of gas for 11,000 miles. That's 423 mpg.

Of course, I have to pay for charging. I pay 2.7 cents per mile. At $3.90 (current CA gas price), that comes to 144 mpg.

What an amazing car!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Speaking of too funny...
for the freeloaders...
and that's world renown.
Too Funny.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwnnnnnnnnnn.

Went back to page 100. You said the same thing then.

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
World's first Volt sold ever. Owner getting 450 mpg.
http://insideevs.com/worlds-first-chevy-volt-...
I am right there with him. I have used 26 gallons of gas for 11,000 miles. That's 423 mpg.
Of course, I have to pay for charging. I pay 2.7 cents per mile. At $3.90 (current CA gas price), that comes to 144 mpg.
What an amazing car!!!
That Volt is worth a boat load of cash.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Tesla Model S Leading Auto Plug-In Race.

Bloomberg April 27, 2013

Tesla is North America's rechargeable auto sales leader so far in 2013.
Tesla reports 4750 deliveries of its EV Model S sedan in 2013 to date, surpassing General Motors' Chevrolet Volt which reported 4421 deliveries in the same period.
Considering Tesla began selling its Model S in mid 2012, this is a remarkable accomplishment.
The Model S comes with a base price of $69,900, and Tesla hasn't begun shipments beyond North America. The Model S goes as far as 483 kilometres on a charge.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Wifey says:
As a reminder:
gov motors sells to dealers and rentals only...

and practically all they have reported as sold still sit on the lots.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 13 min Wondering 1,745
Arizona to get unaccompanied immigrant youths 2 hr Justin 45
How are you with Ford !? 9 hr ExFord 1
New Experience !? Tue ForestTown 2
Poll: GOP, tea party unfavorables at all-time h... (Oct '13) Tue mjjcpa 112
LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Mon LincolnBitch 242
Lawmaker mistakes US officials for representati... Mon WOW 2
•••

Buy a New Car