Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10481 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#3609 Apr 25, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Hyundai, but yes, they as well as Ford Fusion and C-Max are under an EPA review.
I donít think hunday is part of this. They already went through the investigation, were sued, and Lang said weíre sorry.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3610 Apr 25, 2013
Translation for the average owner:

EPA tweet aint right mpg on da ride. Day gonna pay sum coin. Da main be hating on my wills.

Peace
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3611 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít think hunday is part of this. They already went through the investigation, were sued, and Lang said weíre sorry.
That's correct. Now it's Ford's turn.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3612 Apr 25, 2013
Nope. Hundy lied and the got caught.
Translation: different situation
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3613 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Nope. Hundy lied and the got caught.
Translation: different situation
Hyundai was investigated by the EPA for it's cars not meeting their MPG estimates, judged guilty and fined accordingly. Ford is now being investigated by the EPA for it's cars not meeting their MPG estimates and is awaiting the result of the investigation.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3614 Apr 25, 2013
Nope, different situation. Hunay actually lied and got caught. I know you're not a car guy but you can lok it up. Who cares about ford anyway?
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3615 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Nope, different situation. Hunay actually lied and got caught. I know you're not a car guy but you can lok it up. Who cares about ford anyway?
How is it different? Did Ford lie about it's EPA numbers? Or did the printers of it's window stickers make a slight mistake?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3616 Apr 25, 2013
Hunday was fined by the EPA??
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3617 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Hunday was fined by the EPA??
Actually, Hyundai agreed to settle multiple lawsuits against it that were filed as a result of the findings by the EPA that they mistated their MPG ratings. Cost them alot of money.
Ford's issue with their Fusion and C-Max cars is still being investigated by the EPA.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3618 Apr 25, 2013
I still can't believe hunday lied to all those people. They should've bought a Volt and saved money.
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3619 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
I still can't believe hunday lied to all those people. They should've bought a Volt and saved money.
Yeah that's a shame they would do something like that. What do you think's going to happen to Ford if it turns out they did the same thing?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3620 Apr 25, 2013
They didnít do the same thing. If you were a car guy you would know that. Hunday are proven liars.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3621 Apr 25, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Yes
"Hyundai and Kia overstated the estimated fuel economy on more than 900,000 economy U.S. vehicles sold over the past two years and will compensate owners for the lies and faulty claims, the companies said today.
The South Korean partners will also lower the fuel-economy estimates on most of their 2012 and 2013 economy models"
The reason almost every single Volt owner loves his or her car ..... the car exceeds the EPA and GM estimates. By quite a lot. GM knew they low balling it. Smart move.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3622 Apr 25, 2013
The Welfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we know your not a financial analist or a internet detective, but keep posting and making a fool of yourself. Between you and neutered root, it's quite entertaining, everyone is laughing.
Can't stand being proved wrong ... eh? That's two groups that compare cost of ownership of cars that put the Volt way ahead of a tin can Hyundai.

By the way .... it's Analyst. I can see you are not a guuuud spelller.

And you can laugh all you want. As I told other haters, if it relieves the pain of the pump, go ahead. Some people need to hate to feel better. Me ... I like putting money in my stock accounts.

I get to save over $1,000 a year and then watch it grow. You get to put it in your tank and watch it ...... go.

Hahahahhaha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3624 Apr 25, 2013
This is for echo (The Dolt).

This is why I may only have to change my brakes once in the car's life time ... or maybe never.

http://www.designnews.com/document.asp...

Regenerative braking has been around for almost 100 years. Diesel locomotives and troly cars were among the first to use regenerative braking.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/brake...

You see, you learned something. You know, you should know something about a subject before you make a statement about it. Sometimes it comes back and bites you. No brake pads until 3 mph. I have had my car for 19 months and I just cleaned my fron rims. They really didn't need cleaning. I just wanted them to match the back rims.

What an amazing car.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3625 Apr 25, 2013
We all know how much the Europeans hate American cars. That makes the European awards the Volt has won even more impressive.

Such as "What Car" (England) award for best alternative fuel car.

http://www.evmart.co.uk/news/chevrolet-volt-w...

Bolstered by the European Volt winning the Monte Carlo Alternative Fuel Rally. Beating the worlds best diesels and bio-diesels.

http://www.carscoops.com/2012/03/opel-ampera-...

It also was awarded "Best Eco Car" by the English publication "Diesel Car".

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/chevy-volt-...

And of course, the Volt was the first American car ever to win European Car Of The Year.

What an amazing car.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3626 Apr 26, 2013
Root wrote:
They didnít do the same thing. If you were a car guy you would know that. Hunday are proven liars.
Wow! You must be one of them "insider car guys". The EPA is still investigating Ford and hasn't released any findings, but you already know the results. Facinating!
The Welfare Mobile

Trumbull, CT

#3627 Apr 26, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't stand being proved wrong ... eh? That's two groups that compare cost of ownership of cars that put the Volt way ahead of a tin can Hyundai.
By the way .... it's Analyst. I can see you are not a guuuud spelller.
And you can laugh all you want. As I told other haters, if it relieves the pain of the pump, go ahead. Some people need to hate to feel better. Me ... I like putting money in my stock accounts.
I get to save over $1,000 a year and then watch it grow. You get to put it in your tank and watch it ...... go.
Hahahahhaha
No, for you the proper spelling is analist. And it's not a $7,500 credit, it's welfare. BTW you seem to change your line of BS with every post, but keep it flowing, you keep use amused.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3628 Apr 26, 2013
The Volt is revolutionary. I'm glad to see so many people saving money at the gas pump.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3629 Apr 26, 2013
The Welfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
No, for you the proper spelling is analist. And it's not a $7,500 credit, it's welfare. BTW you seem to change your line of BS with every post, but keep it flowing, you keep use amused.
I can tell you don't own a house, or have kids. Otherwise, you would know what a tax credit is.

Mitt Romney's tax credits added up to $1.3 million in 2011. He was at the head of the welfare line.

You need to get your finances in order and purchase a house so you can stop the hemoraging of money. Me .... I paid my house off in 1994.

I'm glad you like my humor, Dolt. I especially liked the line:
I get to watch my money grow,
You get to watch your money go.

And I do change with almost every post. I only repeat when haters don't read prior posts. Like ... I've already posted 3 different, reputable groups that show the Volt costs less than a tin can in less than 5 years. So, the next time you say I have to drive 170,000 miles to make up the difference in price, I'll find a fourth, and so on.

OK, glad you like my stuff. Pete likes it so much he added one more thumbs down. Now it's 14. I can see the fumes from here.

Hey Moe, look, it's Petey. His head is on fire. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 42 min mjjcpa 28
News Itís a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) Mon Francene 1,152
News There are still 6,000 first-gen Chevy Volts on ... Mon Solarman 1
News Senate Dems block trade measure May 23 serfs up 5
News Weekly Recap: GM plans massive new paint shop a... May 23 Just one 1
GM Problems - Are You Having Problems With Your... (Aug '08) May 23 ccherdrem43701 383
Nasty Canadian Jap Car News May 22 Silent Echo 21
More from around the web