Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,227

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
The Welfare Mobile

Florham Park, NJ

#3604 Apr 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just Dolt and Pete changing names. They think they will make it look like there are more haters on this thread than there really are.
I did notice that the Dolt (silent echo) is really telling some whoppers now.
Now we know your not a financial analist or a internet detective, but keep posting and making a fool of yourself. Between you and neutered root, it's quite entertaining, everyone is laughing.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3605 Apr 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Here you go Dolt. This is the 5 year, cost to own comparison between the Volt and the Elantra. This is another way of looking at the price of a car.
Without the credit factored in. This is the Volt
http://autos.yahoo.com/chevrolet/volt/2013/ba...
This is the Elantra
http://autos.yahoo.com/hyundai/elantra/2013/l...
Now ... and I know you hate to do this ... factor in the credit, and I am $2,000 ahead of you.
The 2013's will be $3,500 ahead of you as they get the additional CA credit of $1,500.
Kiplinger, yahoo autos, they all disagree with you Dolt. You elantra is an expensive tin can.
3800 lbs compared to 2700 lbs. Tin can!
Wow that hundee is not very competitive.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3606 Apr 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just Dolt and Pete changing names. They think they will make it look like there are more haters on this thread than there really are.
I did notice that the Dolt (silent echo) is really telling some whoppers now.
I was referring to the talking clowns in society as a general group, not the one here.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3607 Apr 25, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't Hungday the company that got busted for not telling the truth about their gas mileage?
Yes

"Hyundai and Kia overstated the estimated fuel economy on more than 900,000 economy U.S. vehicles sold over the past two years and will compensate owners for the lies and faulty claims, the companies said today.

The South Korean partners will also lower the fuel-economy estimates on most of their 2012 and 2013 economy models"
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3608 Apr 25, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't Hungday the company that got busted for not telling the truth about their gas mileage?
That would be Hyundai, but yes, they as well as Ford Fusion and C-Max are under an EPA review.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3609 Apr 25, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Hyundai, but yes, they as well as Ford Fusion and C-Max are under an EPA review.
I donít think hunday is part of this. They already went through the investigation, were sued, and Lang said weíre sorry.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3610 Apr 25, 2013
Translation for the average owner:

EPA tweet aint right mpg on da ride. Day gonna pay sum coin. Da main be hating on my wills.

Peace
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3611 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít think hunday is part of this. They already went through the investigation, were sued, and Lang said weíre sorry.
That's correct. Now it's Ford's turn.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3612 Apr 25, 2013
Nope. Hundy lied and the got caught.
Translation: different situation
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3613 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Nope. Hundy lied and the got caught.
Translation: different situation
Hyundai was investigated by the EPA for it's cars not meeting their MPG estimates, judged guilty and fined accordingly. Ford is now being investigated by the EPA for it's cars not meeting their MPG estimates and is awaiting the result of the investigation.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3614 Apr 25, 2013
Nope, different situation. Hunay actually lied and got caught. I know you're not a car guy but you can lok it up. Who cares about ford anyway?
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3615 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Nope, different situation. Hunay actually lied and got caught. I know you're not a car guy but you can lok it up. Who cares about ford anyway?
How is it different? Did Ford lie about it's EPA numbers? Or did the printers of it's window stickers make a slight mistake?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3616 Apr 25, 2013
Hunday was fined by the EPA??
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3617 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Hunday was fined by the EPA??
Actually, Hyundai agreed to settle multiple lawsuits against it that were filed as a result of the findings by the EPA that they mistated their MPG ratings. Cost them alot of money.
Ford's issue with their Fusion and C-Max cars is still being investigated by the EPA.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3618 Apr 25, 2013
I still can't believe hunday lied to all those people. They should've bought a Volt and saved money.
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3619 Apr 25, 2013
Root wrote:
I still can't believe hunday lied to all those people. They should've bought a Volt and saved money.
Yeah that's a shame they would do something like that. What do you think's going to happen to Ford if it turns out they did the same thing?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3620 Apr 25, 2013
They didnít do the same thing. If you were a car guy you would know that. Hunday are proven liars.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3621 Apr 25, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Yes
"Hyundai and Kia overstated the estimated fuel economy on more than 900,000 economy U.S. vehicles sold over the past two years and will compensate owners for the lies and faulty claims, the companies said today.
The South Korean partners will also lower the fuel-economy estimates on most of their 2012 and 2013 economy models"
The reason almost every single Volt owner loves his or her car ..... the car exceeds the EPA and GM estimates. By quite a lot. GM knew they low balling it. Smart move.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3622 Apr 25, 2013
The Welfare Mobile wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we know your not a financial analist or a internet detective, but keep posting and making a fool of yourself. Between you and neutered root, it's quite entertaining, everyone is laughing.
Can't stand being proved wrong ... eh? That's two groups that compare cost of ownership of cars that put the Volt way ahead of a tin can Hyundai.

By the way .... it's Analyst. I can see you are not a guuuud spelller.

And you can laugh all you want. As I told other haters, if it relieves the pain of the pump, go ahead. Some people need to hate to feel better. Me ... I like putting money in my stock accounts.

I get to save over $1,000 a year and then watch it grow. You get to put it in your tank and watch it ...... go.

Hahahahhaha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3623 Apr 25, 2013
Per Kelly Blue Book:

Hyundai Sonata 5 year cost of ownership:
$38,500

Chevy Volt 5 year cost of ownership:
$40,629
- 7,500 credit
----------
$33,129

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/20...

Even without the credit, the Volt almost made up the difference even though the sticker for the Volt would be $22,000 more than the Sonata. It makes up $20,000 in 5 years!!! And the Hyundai is a tin can.

What an amazing car.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GM's unreliable cars keep mechanics in business. (Sep '10) Sat tpl 14
New Arrival Easycoding for BMW/Rolls-Royce Diag... Fri yellowbend 1
Top SBB Key Programmer V33.02 - Auto Key Progra... (Dec '13) Dec 25 Ricky 7
For $2,999, Is This 1987 Yugo GV Better Than No... Dec 25 Zeppelin 1
Suffering from range anxiety? Seeo's battery pr... Dec 24 Solarman 1
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' Dec 24 WeTheSheeple 713
auto tool x-100 (May '13) Dec 23 yellowbend 4
More from around the web