Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,227

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3564 Apr 24, 2013
Root wrote:
I recommend everyone get a test drive just to experience the car. It's actually quite a blast to drive. It does have nearly 300lb-ft of torque, so it does zip -- which keeps surprising people at lights. Zoom!
Recommend the same. More to the point use low and brake jobs are a thing of the past.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Neutered Root

Trumbull, CT

#3565 Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3566 Apr 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Recommend the same. More to the point use low and brake jobs are a thing of the past.
The more I learn about this car the more impressed I become.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3567 Apr 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Recommend the same. More to the point use low and brake jobs are a thing of the past.
HAve you actually flipped the screen to the one with the generator and battery? When you let up off the accelerator it regens. Low, regens more aggressively.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3568 Apr 24, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text> HAve you actually flipped the screen to the one with the generator and battery? When you let up off the accelerator it regens. Low, regens more aggressively.
That's what I'm talking about. It allows you to stay in low and barely ever brake. Brake jobs are a thing of the past.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3569 Apr 24, 2013
Taking a look at the the competition just shows how impressive the Volt really is. GM needs to do something to show just how impressive the Volt is compared to some of the other new plug-in competitors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3570 Apr 24, 2013
Root wrote:
Taking a look at the the competition just shows how impressive the Volt really is. GM needs to do something to show just how impressive the Volt is compared to some of the other new plug-in competitors.
Volt is a test in conservative values and principles.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Silent Echo

Petersburg, VA

#3571 Apr 24, 2013
These idiots are not to be believed, I show current verifiable dealer prices for both new and used units at Rick Hendrick Chevy in Norfolk, Va. and they keep up their emotional rants of "It just aint so, Joe, just say it is not so". I quote actual figures obtained by Green Car Magazine on their road test and the minions just ring their hands and say, "It just aint so, Joe, just say it is not so" OK, I guess these little idiots know the MSRP better than Rick Hendrick Chevy and they know the electric mileage range better than the actual extensive road test done by Green Car Magazine. Attempting to have a rational factual based discussion with these idiots is like attempting to explain the color of blue to a life long blind person. Then you just got to have a big laugh when one of the idiots say "You can not compare the volt to the econo box Elantra", this is the biggest joke of all because the volt is the not so successful twin on the econo box cruz. T JJFuds, I would not compare the volt to a motorcycle, more like a golf cart on steroids.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3572 Apr 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Volt is a test in conservative values and principles.
LOL!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3573 Apr 24, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Volt is a test in conservative values and principles.
Well said and very true. The real question is why these talking clowns blur fact with mistruths, lies, and implication.“I looked it up on the internet so it must be true!” 21 miles, Cheap hyundai, 41K! Follow up by some name calling, step on a pedestal organize a community. Hah

I presume this is a way to make a statement against POTUS. However, the strongest arguments are based on facts. It's easy to get away with this, easier every day, in an America whose time spent eating bread and watching circuses increases daily. It’s nothing more than a continuation of what they've been doing for years and years, i.e. pandering to the least-educated and most easily-aroused segments of our society. They are trying to poison the waters around GM and Chrysler.

Volt is a technological tour de force and they hate it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3574 Apr 24, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Well said and very true. The real question is why these talking clowns blur fact with mistruths, lies, and implication.“I looked it up on the internet so it must be true!” 21 miles, Cheap hyundai, 41K! Follow up by some name calling, step on a pedestal organize a community. Hah
I presume this is a way to make a statement against POTUS. However, the strongest arguments are based on facts. It's easy to get away with this, easier every day, in an America whose time spent eating bread and watching circuses increases daily. It’s nothing more than a continuation of what they've been doing for years and years, i.e. pandering to the least-educated and most easily-aroused segments of our society. They are trying to poison the waters around GM and Chrysler.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX.

#3575 Apr 24, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bufTna0WArcXX
Hilarious

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3576 Apr 24, 2013
I went to Ricky’s Chevrolet in Virginia and Green Car magazine!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rube Goldberg

Trumbull, CT

#3577 Apr 24, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Volt is a wonderful contraption; I love it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Silent Echo

Petersburg, VA

#3578 Apr 24, 2013
Root wrote:
\
And you found what? By the way it is not Ricky's Chevrolet it is Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, next time get your lies straight. I went by where you live on my way to Maryland, Texas. Your little state is so poor that even Wells Fargo will not put a bank in it.

Now, time to address the statement that Volt is a Statement of being conservative? Since when did the bail out of a company by tax money become a conservative idea? The true test of a conservative is that he believes in market correction and in the market place the strong will survive without welfare from the government. GM is also a mess because of the liberal supported unions and their present and past employees on the benefit drain of the company. About three years ago a study was done of GM and it was found that the first $2,000 of every GM car goes to benefits. IBM found that this business plan would not work when they broke into smaller companies. Now GM has been forced to get smaller by doing away with Olds, Saturn and Hummer, however, they do not do anything about the union. The real conservative value in the auto industry is in states like Kentucky where workers are not held hostage to union bosses who force membership so that unions can back democrat canidates at every level.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX.

#3579 Apr 24, 2013
Root wrote:
Went over his head.

I'm glad you’re standing up to certain halfwits. Problem is, those halfwits are emotional and idolized by those with less than half a wit. That's a huge cohort, the Marching Morons, if you will.

Ultimately, I'm just glad to be a Conservative Texan and not have to deal with the ongoing idiocies. I mean, there's only so much nose holding one can do in a lifetime. We have plenty of Volts here and the majority of the owners are wealthy upstanding Conservatives.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3580 Apr 24, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text> Went over his head.
I'm glad you’re standing up to certain halfwits. Problem is, those halfwits are emotional and idolized by those with less than half a wit. That's a huge cohort, the Marching Morons, if you will.
Ultimately, I'm just glad to be a Conservative Texan and not have to deal with the ongoing idiocies. I mean, there's only so much nose holding one can do in a lifetime. We have plenty of Volts here and the majority of the owners are wealthy upstanding Conservatives.
Yeah I know. You have to admit it's entertaining to watch him sputter and spurt. Wow, that brings up another thing, garlic!

haha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Silent Echo

Petersburg, VA

#3581 Apr 24, 2013
I have noticed one thing about these volt idiots, they pontificate and pontificate and all they can do is spout emotion. I fully expect one of them to say that their dog loves their volt.

I have given the facts, figures and documentation about poor sales and all they can say is "I will not have to replace brakes". What a bunch of fcuking idiots. To the conservative Texan, the biggest idiot ever to reside at 1600 Penn. Ave also considered himself a good Texas Conservative.
George, They tried to kill daddy, Bush.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3582 Apr 24, 2013
I’m very impressed with the owners that get over 1000 miles between fill-ups in Volt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX.

#3583 Apr 24, 2013
I’m glad to see GM reacting to the Leaf in their current programs. This should provide support for April Volt sales. Kudos to the 1000 miles between tanks. I suppose next we’ll be hearing a certain hoonday owner that can do the same thing in a Korean ilantro lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Arrival Easycoding for BMW/Rolls-Royce Diag... 11 hr yellowbend 1
GM's unreliable cars keep mechanics in business. (Sep '10) Thu GM junk 13
Top SBB Key Programmer V33.02 - Auto Key Progra... (Dec '13) Thu Ricky 7
For $2,999, Is This 1987 Yugo GV Better Than No... Thu Zeppelin 1
Suffering from range anxiety? Seeo's battery pr... Wed Solarman 1
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' Dec 24 WeTheSheeple 713
auto tool x-100 (May '13) Dec 23 yellowbend 4
More from around the web