Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,993

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Read more
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3340 Apr 9, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>So far we're in the 800 mile club. Now if I could just get the kids to stop hanging out in it!
I hear you lol. When we were kids I can remember just "hanging out" in Dad's new Blazer and listening to the radio. I'm surprised kids still do that today with all the video games and such.

Congrats on the 800 club way to go.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3341 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You know something, youíre wrong. I am one of the nicest and most polite people you will ever meet. I do things that most wonít even think about and I always practice very nice manners in my daily activities.
The one and only reason you get treated the way you do is because of your actions. Just yesterday you claimed you were going to act better. What did you do on the very first post? Started calling people haters again.
Really Iím here to talk about the Volt and Iím not interested in your back and forth right now. So please, kindly let us share our thoughts about the Volt, please.
Thank you
No doubt in my mind that you're capable of acting civilly and politely.
However, you're also very capable of acting in the most disgusting way possible--witness many of your really sick posts.
As well, every time you get pushback from one of your frequent witless rants, you immediately cry "foul" and blame the other guy.
That is a clear indication of inconsistent and unstable conduct.
That, Mr. Root, is something all the sweet rhetoric from you in the world can't hide behind.

Mr. Root, you truly deserve the "Golden BS Shovel" award here today!
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3342 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you lol. When we were kids I can remember just "hanging out" in Dad's new Blazer and listening to the radio. I'm surprised kids still do that today with all the video games and such.
Congrats on the 800 club way to go.
Oh gosh you made me flashback . When I younger we were sitting in my father's Buick. He loved that car. Guess what we were doing, that's right we were smoking. Sure enough yours truly burnt not a small but a large hole smack dab in the center of the driver plush light grey seat. Remember the color schemes? I didn't know what to do. Ended up putting a towel over it. What was I thinking? Yep. Like it was going to disappear. I can still remember the morning Dad went ballistic. I felt just terrible. He loved that car. Of course Dad was not the type to get things like that fixed. Every time we got into that big Buick it was a reminder. Oh the things we do. Thanks for the memory.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3343 Apr 9, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Oh gosh you made me flashback . When I younger we were sitting in my father's Buick. He loved that car. Guess what we were doing, that's right we were smoking. Sure enough yours truly burnt not a small but a large hole smack dab in the center of the driver plush light grey seat. Remember the color schemes? I didn't know what to do. Ended up putting a towel over it. What was I thinking? Yep. Like it was going to disappear. I can still remember the morning Dad went ballistic. I felt just terrible. He loved that car. Of course Dad was not the type to get things like that fixed. Every time we got into that big Buick it was a reminder. Oh the things we do. Thanks for the memory.
No problem anytime. I never did anything quite that bad (to a car anyway).

Congrats on the 800 mile club again.

Are you planning on keeping the Volt or will it be a trade in?
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3344 Apr 9, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Oh gosh you made me flashback . When I younger we were sitting in my father's Buick. He loved that car. Guess what we were doing, that's right we were smoking. Sure enough yours truly burnt not a small but a large hole smack dab in the center of the driver plush light grey seat. Remember the color schemes? I didn't know what to do. Ended up putting a towel over it. What was I thinking? Yep. Like it was going to disappear. I can still remember the morning Dad went ballistic. I felt just terrible. He loved that car. Of course Dad was not the type to get things like that fixed. Every time we got into that big Buick it was a reminder. Oh the things we do. Thanks for the memory.
Reminds me of a similar anecdote.
Took my son and his dog for a trip to the store in my brand new Silverado.
Left the dog for 10 minutes to run into the library to return some books.
Dog had chewed a nice big hole in the driver's seat.
Fortunately we found an upholsterer who was able to repair and match up the damage.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3345 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest keeping your Volt for at least 5 years.
Unless of course you have good reason to trade it.
Trading it in earlier would mean you really haven't achieved any significant savings over a gasser with good fuel economy-- ie a similarly equipped Cruze.
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3346 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll be keeping it.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3347 Apr 9, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>We'll be keeping it.
Good idea.
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#3348 Apr 9, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea.
Yes thanks, we're not into throwing money away. We'll keep it for five years minimum.
Mike

United States

#3349 Apr 9, 2013
That's 1,478 more drivers who won't be in a tough driving situation when the next Arabian oil embargo hits. Sounds like a good thing to me. Thank you, President Obama.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3350 Apr 9, 2013
Mike wrote:
That's 1,478 more drivers who won't be in a tough driving situation when the next Arabian oil embargo hits. Sounds like a good thing to me. Thank you, President Obama.
Obama has nothing to do with the Volt.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3351 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You know something, youíre wrong. I am one of the nicest and most polite people you will ever meet. I do things that most wonít even think about and I always practice very nice manners in my daily activities.
The one and only reason you get treated the way you do is because of your actions. Just yesterday you claimed you were going to act better. What did you do on the very first post? Started calling people haters again.
Really Iím here to talk about the Volt and Iím not interested in your back and forth right now. So please, kindly let us share our thoughts about the Volt, please.
Thank you
First point.
Are your actions always completely above reproach?
Are you always nice and polite?
Face it Dude, you're the one doing the low life posting here.

Second point.
What's wrong with me calling (a few others) "Haters" for a couple of days?
You and your alter ego LMV have used that expression every day for months.
So what you're inferring is that you can use that expression, but no one else is allowed?

Third point.
No one--nobody--is stopping you ( or has stopped you) from sharing your thoughts about Volt.
The only person stopping you is you yourself.
There you go again--blaming others for something you alone have control over.
You alone Mr. Root, are the author of your own misfortune, not me nor anyone else.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3352 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has nothing to do with the Volt.
That is your interpretation Mr.Root.
Doesn't mean it's right.
But then again, you do tend to revel in your own peculiar world of reality.
The news we read tells us otherwise.
And most of our news comes from USA sources.
It says that Mr. Obama is very supportive of the Volt.
Is there something sinister in that?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3353 Apr 9, 2013
Interesting quote:

ďItís been more than 5,000 miles and Iíve only filled up once not including the dealer fill,Ē said Larry Read of Canyon Lake, Texas."

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2013/04/05...
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3354 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
Interesting quote:
ďItís been more than 5,000 miles and Iíve only filled up once not including the dealer fill,Ē said Larry Read of Canyon Lake, Texas."
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2013/04/05...
Nice try Mr.Root, but trying to deflect your Obama dissing post just confirms how wrong your unwarranted remark was about him.
Good for Mr. Read from Canyon Lake Texas.
But bad for Mr. Root from Looney Tuneville,, USA
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3355 Apr 9, 2013
The volt was a product in the works well before O was in office.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3356 Apr 9, 2013
Sinister, supportive, peculiar world of reality? Obama dissing, unwarranted remark, Looney USA??

Where do you come up with this stuff?

I didnít say anything remotely close to any of that. I said that O had nothing to do with the Volt and he didnít. Of course he supports it.

Do me a favor please. If you would like to address me, please do so in a manner that does not include foul language. Not interested-

And you wonder why people make fun of you. Gosh
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3357 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
The volt was a product in the works well before O was in office.
Doesn't matter.
You dissed the man for having " nothing to do with Volt ".
He strongly supports Volt, and has said so.
And without the bail out his administration provided to the bankrupt GM, Volt would not exist.
So your remarks were incorrect, unwarranted, and completely out of line.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3358 Apr 9, 2013
Root wrote:
Sinister, supportive, peculiar world of reality? Obama dissing, unwarranted remark, Looney USA??
Where do you come up with this stuff?
I didnít say anything remotely close to any of that. I said that O had nothing to do with the Volt and he didnít. Of course he supports it.
Do me a favor please. If you would like to address me, please do so in a manner that does not include foul language. Not interested-
And you wonder why people make fun of you. Gosh
Foul language is your purview Mr. Root, not mine.
Clean up your own house before accusing others Mr.Root.
Also, blaming others for your misdeeds seems to be a constant affliction with you Mr. root.
Pointing fingers must be an inherited family condition.
Maybe it's got something to do with your diet.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3359 Apr 9, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter.
You dissed the man for having " nothing to do with Volt ".
He strongly supports Volt, and has said so.
And without the bail out his administration provided to the bankrupt GM, Volt would not exist.
So your remarks were incorrect, unwarranted, and completely out of line.
Nobody disrespected anyone. Read what I said:

ďObama didnít have anything to do with the Volt.Ē He didnít!

That is a true statement and fails to meet such negative accusations as you suggested ďnot incorrect, unwarranted, and completely out of line.Ē

Nobody said he didnít support the car.

Your bailout comment is out of context. His administration didnít pay for anything, the tax payers did. You could apply such a vague comment to every other thing falling under protection during that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volvo Cars plans to open its first US plant 9 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Ohio mom pleads not guilty to decapitating her ... 12 hr GrantL 2
News Photo of kids on Vietnam memorial angers many 12 hr GrantL 4
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) 14 hr todd 203
News Red Bull threatens to leave Formula One 15 hr stewart scott 6
How much is the price bus ticket from Rome to V... 20 hr romeairportshuttle 1
Top SBB Key Programmer V33.02 - Auto Key Progra... (Dec '13) Sun tony 9
More from around the web