Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Jim Smatters

United States

#3264 Apr 8, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bickering"??
"Insinuated about your prius"??
"Instigating nature"??
Examples please.
Also, do you have any comments about some of those ridiculous smutty posts by others?
Rhinoceros copulating??
Cdn woman births a gorilla?
Cdns smell?
Etc.
Are these included in your thoughts about "instigating nature"??
Ignoring those in the face of what you feel I've done qualifies as hypocracy.
What did I say that was out of touch with reality to get you so chaffed? I told you exactly what you did to me when I first posted here. Now I look at your current writings only to find you calling people name. That's instigating behavior. I'm just telling you what I see. If you treat people badly or try to post bad things about their cars, you have to understand they will react. You can't be a bully and come out on top.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3265 Apr 8, 2013
Giz

That’s not even reasonable. We’ve all gone off topic, that’s to be expected. What you’re doing is trying to change the scope and substance of what this is. This is a favorable Volt story, a place to say good things about the Volt, a place for owners to share their stories, a pro Volt thread. You made a comment earlier about a Volt Love in. That’s what this is. You got it right.

Now if you want a place to debate your Volt experiences, make that place. That action is perfectly reasonable and I welcome it. Give it a name of your own “Place to debate Volt bad.” Please exercise restraint in this particular thread because this is a place to share good positive stories and if they want to post them over and over again with you tube videos, good for them. They should be allowed to do that without retribution.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3266 Apr 8, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Child’s play- If you think that’s bad go over to a Motor Trend forum. If things like Canadian women giving birth to gorillas and “you stink” are offending, you might be in the wrong place.
Oh, I agree those were childish--and smutty.
Nevertheless, I find them amusing, if not a clear indication of someone who is decidedly off kilter, and I take some consolation in that.
The only thing bothering me about them is why someone like you, who seems reasonably intelligent, criticizes me for my relatively mild comments, and completely ignores the really nasty stuff coming from sleazy creeps like Root, Phantompay, etc.
Those kinds of comments are really out of line and should be removed--along with the authors!
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3267 Apr 8, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Giz
That’s not even reasonable. We’ve all gone off topic, that’s to be expected. What you’re doing is trying to change the scope and substance of what this is. This is a favorable Volt story, a place to say good things about the Volt, a place for owners to share their stories, a pro Volt thread. You made a comment earlier about a Volt Love in. That’s what this is. You got it right.
Now if you want a place to debate your Volt experiences, make that place. That action is perfectly reasonable and I welcome it. Give it a name of your own “Place to debate Volt bad.” Please exercise restraint in this particular thread because this is a place to share good positive stories and if they want to post them over and over again with you tube videos, good for them. They should be allowed to do that without retribution.
Inasmuch as your condescending remarks are dripping with condescension,, I like it here and will stick around for a while.
I love it when Root goes ape and LMV gets all humpy backed.
Makes my day more interesting and enjoyable.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3268 Apr 8, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text> What did I say that was out of touch with reality to get you so chaffed? I told you exactly what you did to me when I first posted here. Now I look at your current writings only to find you calling people name. That's instigating behavior. I'm just telling you what I see. If you treat people badly or try to post bad things about their cars, you have to understand they will react. You can't be a bully and come out on top.
I just respond in kind.
People give me the gears, and I simply return the favour.
(Root-- note the Cdn spelling-- my privilege!!)
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3269 Apr 8, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Giz
That’s not even reasonable. We’ve all gone off topic, that’s to be expected. What you’re doing is trying to change the scope and substance of what this is. This is a favorable Volt story, a place to say good things about the Volt,
Strangely, I've never said anything unfavourable about Volt.
So what's the big deal about "changing the flavour (note Cdn spelling Root) of the thread?
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#3270 Apr 8, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>OK
Let me answer. This is a pro Volt article that I began on the main Topix auto board. Often stories will get picked up automatically and posted on several boards. That’s the reason you see it on the Toyota board. If you travel to the main autos board you’ll see stories about gay marriage, Ebay, and Coke. Others are posting on these stories and since they were picked up automatically, every time someone posts, it also posts in this room.
Here is a link to the main autos board:
http://www.topix.com/forum/autos
This is and has always been a positive thread about Chevrolet’s Volt. Sadly some here want to make it something it is not.
OK, that makes sense. I have always gone directly to the individual model board to post,(Toyota, Toyota Camry, Chevy Volt, Honda etc.) Now I see how that happens.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3271 Apr 8, 2013
Strangely, JJFADS very first remarks on Page 1 of this forum were " Prius has fallen in MPG to Volt".
Then the forum turned into a Prius dissing free for all for a dozen or so pages.
And successive pages really rip up the Prius.
And even JJFADS has insisted there aren't enough negative posts about the Prius.

But now the " Volt Hater" haters tell us this is an exclusively Volt forum.

Go figure.

Dallas, TX.

#3272 Apr 8, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I agree those were childish--and smutty.
Nevertheless, I find them amusing, if not a clear indication of someone who is decidedly off kilter, and I take some consolation in that.
The only thing bothering me about them is why someone like you, who seems reasonably intelligent, criticizes me for my relatively mild comments, and completely ignores the really nasty stuff coming from sleazy creeps like Root, Phantompay, etc.
Those kinds of comments are really out of line and should be removed--along with the authors!
Those comments are childish as in harmless. This is a tame board. Go back to the original comment and visit a Motor Trend forum and tell me what you see. The reason I choose to address you is this; I think you cause it. I think your continuous name calling and off the chain rhetoric is to blame for all that goes wrong here.

Take my comment earlier. You said it was not only condescending but dripping. No, it was not. It was an honest response to you. You say your comments are mild. Maybe your comments don’t come across that way. Have you ever thought about that? Responding to someone with “dripping with condescending” is impolite.

I kindly (not condescendingly) tried to explain to you that you are posting in what is supposed to be a pro Volt thread. You respond “I like it here” and follow up with more name calling.

I really do think you’re to blame.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3273 Apr 8, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, that makes sense. I have always gone directly to the individual model board to post,(Toyota, Toyota Camry, Chevy Volt, Honda etc.) Now I see how that happens.
Except, that those forums instantly turn into dissing whatever the car in question is being discussed.
And most, if not all, the dissing is done by the "Volt Hater haters" we see here.
So if they're supposed to be "exclusively positive" forums for the car in question, why don't the same rules these "Volt Hater haters" use here apply in those other forums.
Big question.
If the "Volt Hater haters" want rules in their forums, then they will have to respect other forums in the same manner.

Dallas, TX.

#3274 Apr 8, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
Strangely, JJFADS very first remarks on Page 1 of this forum were " Prius has fallen in MPG to Volt".
Then the forum turned into a Prius dissing free for all for a dozen or so pages.
And successive pages really rip up the Prius.
And even JJFADS has insisted there aren't enough negative posts about the Prius.
But now the " Volt Hater" haters tell us this is an exclusively Volt forum.
Go figure.
The first comment on this thread was mine “This is good press.”

Dallas, TX.

#3275 Apr 8, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, that those forums instantly turn into dissing whatever the car in question is being discussed.
And most, if not all, the dissing is done by the "Volt Hater haters" we see here.
So if they're supposed to be "exclusively positive" forums for the car in question, why don't the same rules these "Volt Hater haters" use here apply in those other forums.
Big question.
If the "Volt Hater haters" want rules in their forums, then they will have to respect other forums in the same manner.
I respect that fully and will be excited to see the [love in] as you call it on all things Volt. Rules are magnificent. Just to recap, this is a positive Volt thread for positive stories about Volt. IF you look back, I bet the majority of the comments are anti Volt. That in itself is enough to make people think some “hate” the Volt. Why not hanging up the Volt Hater Haters rhetoric? That would be a great first step.

Dallas, TX.

#3276 Apr 8, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big question.
Let me clarify a bit further. Not all threads are pro-subject. Some are negative. That’s the type of place you would negatively critique the automobile. That’s why I suggested if your wish is to go and debate a Volt owner on how much he loves his Volt, go start a Volt discussion for that very debate/topic. And remember that’s not condescending, just a friendly suggestion.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3277 Apr 8, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>The first comment on this thread was mine “This is good press.”
You're opening comments were just below the header.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3278 Apr 8, 2013
Your first post was " This is good press".
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3279 Apr 8, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect that fully and will be excited to see the [love in] as you call it on all things Volt. Rules are magnificent. Just to recap, this is a positive Volt thread for positive stories about Volt. IF you look back, I bet the majority of the comments are anti Volt. That in itself is enough to make people think some “hate” the Volt. Why not hanging up the Volt Hater Haters rhetoric? That would be a great first step.
Look--I bring an open minded approach to every forum.
This one included.
Obviously a few others don't see it that way, but I don't know what else to say which will put their minds at ease.
So I gave up trying to convince otherwise a while ago.
I have never really demeaned Volt, and only in two occasions have I even posted negatives (see my pro/con report).
Honestly, I have no dislike for Volt, and truly believe GM did a good job there.
It ain't perfect, but it does beat what's in second place.
In the meantime, I've been slyly accused by that same some ( even you!) on many occasions of being two faced, lying, and a half dozen other not so flattering remarks-- which keep on coming.
And while you admonish my "Volt Hater Haters" comments, how many times prior to the introduction of that phrase have I been called a Volt Hater?
So for the time being at least, I'll stick around and do my thing.
If the "Volt Hater Hater" contingent objects, I'll just look the other way and smile.
If those guys can demonstrate just a wee bit if fairness and tolerance, I'll give it some serious thought.
But if the silly games continue, nothing will change.
Gizmo

Toronto, Canada

#3280 Apr 8, 2013
Now watch one of the "Volt Hater Haters" get all upset about my latest post.
They'll call it an attack.
I called them "guys".
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3281 Apr 8, 2013
Another thing wrong with the haters post of an "owner's" rant about how he hates the car.

He wasn't an owner!!!

This is the haters bi-line:

"Apparently there's at least one owner who isn't quite ecstatic about his Volt.
This is from Edmunds..."

The hater that posted the review claimed that his company owns the car within its' fleet.

From the haters post: Pg. 155 / post # 3226

"Here is my bottom line, I get this car for FREE from my company fleet, and I hate it so much I'm going to give it back and pay to drive sometime (sic) more practical."

So, we don't have an owner who hates the Volt. We have either:

a. A hater who is lying.
b. A hater who is not lying but just rants.

I believe it is (a) for a few reasons. Mainly, there are very few Fleet Volts. Hater sites like Fox News.com claim that the Volt fleet sales are 5%,(some claim that the majority of Volt sales are to fleets). GM claims it is a little over 2%. Guess who I believe?

The companies that do have Volts in their fleets do not have entire Volt fleets. Even GM has less than 100 and they are a huge company, with thousands of fleet cars. So, this hater, even if he really is driving a fleet Volt can just ask for another car.

Why "give it back and pay to drive sometime (sic) more practical."?

No, I think the hater got all excited when he read this "review" and just didn't take the time to think it through. He posted first and didn't think later.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3282 Apr 8, 2013
Volt hater haters?

Really?

Great start at getting along.
Pete

Byron Center, MI

#3283 Apr 8, 2013
Wifey says:
the obamamobile is #1 Taxpayer ripoff of the domestics...

as they only exist because gov motors still pays no taxes...

let alone pays back their obligations to the Taxpayers for their bailout...

and have no intentions to do so.

It's no wonder they are simply the bottom feeders and always will be...

as they are out to ruin the American Economy with their get rich schemes.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart wants back in a NASCAR Xfinity car... 1 hr True Phartse 20
New Arrival JBT V-GPII IMS C91 car list and fun... 19 hr tuita 1
mehdisoft Nov 17 asgari123 1
News Exclusive: Dr. Phil feels 'violated' over stole... (Sep '12) Nov 15 cadescove99 6
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Nov 15 jimmyLIN 20
Tips to unlock KVM in Land Rover Nov 15 Ambrosio 1
(11.11 Big Promotion) BMW ICOM Next A+B+C Nov 8 FMPC001 1
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Sep '17 willburr555 5
More from around the web