Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
3,101 - 3,120 of 9,217 Comments Last updated Yesterday
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

read my posts!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Just giving the judge 1 liners
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

because I know he loves to judge.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
Gizom is the one that votes.
I really think the Judge is Petey because this didn't start until I called him out on the KBB site where 5 haters from MI (really only 1) logged in as owners and spewed that they hated their cars. Petey is from MI.

Petey's wife says: That's true. He's been busted.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Steve Bellamy, founder of the Tennis, Ski & Surf Channels reviews the new 2013 Chevy Volt reviews his Chevy Volt.

He states that in all his years of driving, cars were never much more than transportation. The Chevy Volt changed that. This is the first time he has really enjoyed driving.

Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning All

Now that the midnight Volt dog and pony show is over, and the poor picked on anti "hater" ranters have once again vented their spleens, here is the latest "Positives and Negatives" report for the Volt.

Volt--Positives and Negatives--Revision One:

Volt--positives and negatives--an opinion.....

Positives:

GM got the design of this car right.
Good compromise between town and highway functionality.
Certainly an environmental benefit.
Backed by a solid company, excellent service network.
Lots of neat electronic gadgets and options.
Very good "around town" car performance.
Low cost operation.

Negatives:

Rather small car, 4 passengers, rear seat very restrictive, small trunk.
After 2 years since introduction, some electronic glitches starting to appear.
Lack of available public charging facilities throughout the country.
Low power and gasser comparable fuel economy at highway speeds.
Battery performance diminishes quickly at highway speeds.
Battery performance suffers in cold climates.
A new design, track record not yet established.
High initial cost, fuel savings vs. investment amortization long term--on average 5 year payback.

Would I buy one?
Not at this time, maybe in near future as a second "around town" car only.
That seems to be where this car performs best.

Other thoughts.
Wondering what the future will look like.
Fuel cell technology will likely supersede battery powered vehicles within 5 years.
Contemporary EVs will become obsolete.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Gizmo wrote:
Good Morning All
Now that the midnight Volt dog and pony show is over, and the poor picked on anti "hater" ranters have once again vented their spleens, here is the latest "Positives and Negatives" report for the Volt.
Volt--Positives and Negatives--Revision One:
Volt--positives and negatives--an opinion.....
Positives:
GM got the design of this car right.
Good compromise between town and highway functionality.
Certainly an environmental benefit.
Backed by a solid company, excellent service network.
Lots of neat electronic gadgets and options.
Very good "around town" car performance.
Low cost operation.
Negatives:
Rather small car, 4 passengers, rear seat very restrictive, small trunk.
After 2 years since introduction, some electronic glitches starting to appear.
Lack of available public charging facilities throughout the country.
Low power and gasser comparable fuel economy at highway speeds.
Battery performance diminishes quickly at highway speeds.
Battery performance suffers in cold climates.
A new design, track record not yet established.
High initial cost, fuel savings vs. investment amortization long term--on average 5 year payback.
Would I buy one?
Not at this time, maybe in near future as a second "around town" car only.
That seems to be where this car performs best.
Other thoughts.
Wondering what the future will look like.
Fuel cell technology will likely supersede battery powered vehicles within 5 years.
Contemporary EVs will become obsolete.
You didnít answer my post above. Give you real words and you canít say anything about it. Nope, we get dog and pony show, vented spleens etc.

So why are you here on a positive Volt thread?
Gizmo

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Root, I'm not obliged to answer to you. I speak for myself, and I'm not accountable to you or anyone else.
Unfortunately, neither you nor your Volt Worshipper buds seem willing to accept that, and in spite of your attemps to dominate and muzzle others, you'll just have to deal with it
Obviously you and your fellow "Volt Hater" haters want these forums all to yourselves, but that ain't gonna happen.
You can continue with those harassment posts (which you call "making fun of....), to your heart's content. They simply make me smile at what are clearly childish tantrums. They're stupid, and they simply underscore that you're an immature fool with little or no capacity for mature rebuttal.
Make no mistake, My purpose here is not to denigrate Volt or any other auto product.
I simply look at both sides of issues, and speak my mind accordingly, and let the chips fall where they may.
And besides, knowing it gets under the skin of some folks, that makes is all the more enjoyable.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Wrong wrong so wrong. Here we are back at square one, immature fools, childish tantrumsÖ these are the reasons people make fun of you. Because you donít get it.

Youíre posting on a pro Volt page. A page for good things about the Volt. This isnít some debate page. Donít you understand that? If you want to debate go to a place that debate about the Volt is the function.

Then you talk about getting under peoples skin. What kind of person tries to do something like that? That alone is a bad way to be much less the name calling. You are exactly what you blame others for.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

BTW Ė you can call the canadian money question childish all you want. It was a legitimate question with a link. I really would like to know if that is true. You being a Canadian of all things I thought you would be able to give me an honest and accurate answer.
Gizmo

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Pot calling the kettle black---again.
This is getting to be a habit with you Root.

BTW-- a couple of housekeeping items....

I'm not the "prolific judger" as you have implied several times.
Right now I'm sitting in the First Class VIA Rail salon en route to Toronto, using an IPad.
How do you calculate that I could be "judging" my own posts, let alone all those others.

Also, I do not use Proxy Servers to mask my ISP and hide behind anonymous or fictitious locations.
What you see with me is what you get, nothing more.

Lastly, re spelling (One of your recent " just for fun" insults at me concerned the spelling of the word "favour".
Look it up on Wickipedia!!
Gizmo

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Root wrote:
BTW Ė you can call the canadian money question childish all you want. It was a legitimate question with a link. I really would like to know if that is true. You being a Canadian of all things I thought you would be able to give me an honest and accurate answer.
Laughable!!!
Do you think for one second that anybody would believe that charade???
liner

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Root wrote:
Wrong wrong so wrong. Here we are back at square one, immature fools, childish tantrumsÖ these are the reasons people make fun of you. Because you donít get it.
Youíre posting on a pro Volt page. A page for good things about the Volt. This isnít some debate page. Donít you understand that? If you want to debate go to a place that debate about the Volt is the function.
Then you talk about getting under peoples skin. What kind of person tries to do something like that? That alone is a bad way to be much less the name calling. You are exactly what you blame others for.
I think part of the problem here is that while you are posting on a "pro Volt" board, for some odd Topix reason it's showing up on both the Volt as well as the Toyota board.
Gizmo

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

When did this forum morph from a "Volt leapfrogs Prius" board to a "Pro Volt" board.
Or is this just anther ploy for the "Volt Hater" haters to dominate the board and turn it into a Volt Love-In?
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Gizmo wrote:
That's nice that you feel that way.
And you're right, for every one who likes a certain car, there will likely be someone who doesn't.
It's a matter of personal choice, and we should be thankful we live in a place where we have choices.
What I don't understand is the constant bickering about which car someone likes or doesn't.
To be honest, I've had a great many different cars, and all I can say is that some were better than others, but none was so good or so bad that I'd pick a fight with someone about it.
It seems to me you are the only one bickering about the Volt. I find your writings to be of a instigating nature. You're somewhat rude and aggressive on top. Remember when I said something to the effect "how stupid it is to write bad things about something, like an atheist" and you automatically launched an attack? I was flabbergasted. You also insinuated that my Prius had not gone through five recalls. I believe that was my first post here. Why would you do something like that? It was my car. In this situation I will side with the other posters as you haven't shown any will to get along with anybody.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Gizmo wrote:
Pot calling the kettle black---again.
This is getting to be a habit with you Root.
BTW-- a couple of housekeeping items....
I'm not the "prolific judger" as you have implied several times.
Right now I'm sitting in the First Class VIA Rail salon en route to Toronto, using an IPad.
How do you calculate that I could be "judging" my own posts, let alone all those others.
Also, I do not use Proxy Servers to mask my ISP and hide behind anonymous or fictitious locations.
What you see with me is what you get, nothing more.
Lastly, re spelling (One of your recent " just for fun" insults at me concerned the spelling of the word "favour".
Look it up on Wickipedia!!
English is favor.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Gizmo wrote:
When did this forum morph from a "Volt leapfrogs Prius" board to a "Pro Volt" board.
Or is this just anther ploy for the "Volt Hater" haters to dominate the board and turn it into a Volt Love-In?
It's always been a pro Volt thread.
Gizmo

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me you are the only one bickering about the Volt. I find your writings to be of a instigating nature. You're somewhat rude and aggressive on top. Remember when I said something to the effect "how stupid it is to write bad things about something, like an atheist" and you automatically launched an attack? I was flabbergasted. You also insinuated that my Prius had not gone through five recalls. I believe that was my first post here. Why would you do something like that? It was my car. In this situation I will side with the other posters as you haven't shown any will to get along with anybody.
"Bickering"??
"Insinuated about your prius"??
"Instigating nature"??

Examples please.

Also, do you have any comments about some of those ridiculous smutty posts by others?
Rhinoceros copulating??
Cdn woman births a gorilla?
Cdns smell?
Etc.
Are these included in your thoughts about "instigating nature"??
Ignoring those in the face of what you feel I've done qualifies as hypocracy.
Gizmo

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Root wrote:
<quoted text>English is favor.
"Favour" is the common British and Canadian spelling.
"Favor" is the common American spelling.
Look it up on the International Dictionary.
Then apologize for your error--or do you not have the integrity.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
I think part of the problem here is that while you are posting on a "pro Volt" board, for some odd Topix reason it's showing up on both the Volt as well as the Toyota board.
OK

Let me answer. This is a pro Volt article that I began on the main Topix auto board. Often stories will get picked up automatically and posted on several boards. Thatís the reason you see it on the Toyota board. If you travel to the main autos board youíll see stories about gay marriage, Ebay, and Coke. Others are posting on these stories and since they were picked up automatically, every time someone posts, it also posts in this room.

Here is a link to the main autos board:

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos

This is and has always been a positive thread about Chevroletís Volt. Sadly some here want to make it something it is not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
An Introduction to new member 6 hr roadmatecar 1
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) 21 hr Lesabre 9
Sexy electric supercar makes debut at Pebble Beach Aug 17 Solarman 1
Honda and Acura High Mileage Stories (Jul '07) Aug 17 Travis 534
Fernando Alonso still confident that Ferrari ca... Aug 15 Rook 4
Ferguson violence: Escalation blamed on cops Aug 14 tdaddybone 1
2006 Mercedes SL500 Aug 13 Tim 1
•••

Buy a New Car