Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
3,061 - 3,080 of 9,213 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Volts for Dolts wrote:
<quoted text>
Your initial cost is $31,800, your final cost is $31,800 plus gas, electric, and whatever. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Change the brakes 6 times? You must drive using the brake peddle as a foot rest. As far as maintenance goes, the Volt is a time bomb!
My brakes may last 200,000 miles. You should study. In fact, here is something for you.(I know you won't watch it, but others will). This is a video of Jay Leno driving a full sized electric city bus. It's a very long video, so go to 15:05 and hear what is said about the brakes on a full sized bus. Brakes should last anywhere from 100,000 miles up to 250,000 miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You try to put the model you want on everybody. Not everybody is the same. That is why financial people start at zero and calculate operating costs from there.

This one will blow your model out of the water. My son charges his car for 14 cents at night.(I'll explain). He drives 42 miles and uses about .2 gals. of gas because most of it is freeway. He charges for free at work.

On his commute home, he stops at the Dublin public library to study for his work. He charges for free there. By the time he leaves, he only has about 20% charge left to do. That's 14 cents for his nightly charge.

That's 94 cents for an 84 mile commute. Cost for the month ...$21. His old commute cost was $325 a month. He saves $304 a month. His car payment is $299.00 at zero interest. What do you have there? A FREE CAR.

I know of 3 people that I've met at the quarterly Volt owners meetings at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose who have almost the exact situation.

Now, would it be honest or fair for me to say that all people can do this? Of course not. But, as free charging stations pop up, more and more people can do it.

You, trying to put your model on me is stupid. I paid cash for my car. I get a monthly check. Money from that check that would have gone into my old car now goes into my bank account. I have already saved over $1,500 when charging costs are subtracted, and I don't even commute to work. I subtract that number from the cost of my car. Just like solar pannels. Pay up front, save big later.

What part of that don't you understand?

Your problem? You preach that the Volt is for no one. I have always said that the Volt isn't for everybody.

My son is now spending $250 a year on his commute, including charging. He was spending $3,900 a year.

If you have a problem with not understanding that it means money in the bank, you failed math.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Dolter,

163,000,000 pure electric miles driven.

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...

$34,000,000 saved on gas.

Too funny.

Petey's wife says, "that's true, Dolt. You cant argue with facts."
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Complete meadow muffins!
Answer this if you're so pointed.
http://moneyjarbudget.com/2011/11/new-canadia...
You do hate the Volt because you try to discredit it at every turn. You are a hater.
Fell off my chair again!!!!
Pete

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Dolt got plugged. Too funny
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

L.I. battery tested for 180,000 miles with minimal loss .... hmmmmmm.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5349770_lifespan-hy...

Expensive hybrid battery replacement not necessary ... many hybrids used as cabs go over 300,000 miles .... hmmmmmm

http://www.motherearthnews.com/ask-our-expert...

Ford tests hybrid batteries:

"The success rate is stellar: Of all Ford production hybrid vehicles produced to date, only six battery cells have failed of the 50 million that were put into use."

Some of these have been put to use in taxi fleets in such cities as San Francisco and New York, with some taxi vehicles attaining more than 250,000 miles individually and taxi fleets in California alone attaining a total of nearly 100 million miles.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm...

hmmmmm .....

Oh yeah .... I'm worried.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The jealous boy has voted.

Note to I Love Volt:

In this situation your goal is to get as many negative votes as possible. This bolsters your factual information and further isolates the stupid.

I will help you by negative votes.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
Note to I Love Volt:
In this situation your goal is to get as many negative votes as possible. This bolsters your factual information and further isolates the stupid.
It's funny ... I just went back back to page 152 where I put in about 5 or 6 one liners so he would have to vote about 80 times.

I laughed for about a minute. I think I'll continue posting one line at a time.

Pete's wife says: "too funny"
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

I love the way the "Judge" judges a Volt link as spam. I guess he doesn't know this is a Volt forum. Or maybe he doesn't know what spam is.

13 more dude.(Is that fumes I see coming out of your ears?).
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Best Chevy Volt review I've ever seen.

IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
Note to I Love Volt:
Somebody missed your point completely.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
Some Volt owners are getting 9000 to 10000 miles between fill ups.
http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detai...
Root. I just read this article. Great link. I thanks. 

I actually would have purchased about 6 - 8 more gallons by now, but the dealership filled my car with gas when I took it in for the 5,000 mile routine check up. They should have asked! That's the same gas left in my tank, 5,600 miles ago. I'm down to about 1.75 gallons now.

I would have bought more gas by now, to take the drive to my son's house, but since he bought his Volt, he insists on driving to my house.

Anyway, I complained. It turns out that quite a few people complained, so GM changed it's policy so that the dealerships asks Volt owners if they want free gas or not.

The free gas knocked my E range down by about 1 1/4 miles per charge. I keep it at just over 70 miles worth of gas range. 

The Volt chief engineer even recommends this.

OK, thanks for this great link.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detai...
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Border line (disguised profanity)
Really Proteus, these things are childish at best. Kids will be kids. For goodness sake; Dolt, Gizmo, Pete, animals humping, obamamobile etc..
This is from page 152. Comment # 3169.

I notice he left out Bozo, narcissist, Islamic terrorist. He called me those names numerous times. I finally lost it and called him an A-hole once. And then he takes the high ground.

He fails to see that this is his routine. I was actually answering him for a while because his posts seemed to be taking the road intended for this forum. That won't happen again.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

You have misrepresented and distorted the truth in your name calling inferences.

The term "Bozo" was used twice. TWICE!!(Not "many times")
Both times in reference to frivolous nonsense posts by a couple of regulars here.
Your name wasn't mentioned.
And besides,"Bozo" is a harmless non profane expression, far less offensive that much of what you've seen sent in my direction by you and others.

You were not called an "Islamic Terrorist"--ever.
In ONE post (not "many times")I stated thet your passion for Volt was about the same level as a Muslim Extremist.
And it is!! You are extremely passionate about your car.Is there any doubt about that. Even you posted that you were "obssessed" about your car!

I did use the term "Narcissistic" once--in reference to the tone of your posts. You were not called a Narcissist.
And even you will have to admit that often that is the case re your posts. Most of your posts are about you, how wise you are, how knowledgeable you are,how poorly informed others are, etc.

Furthermore, you have intentionally overlooked the many names and dscriptors you have posted routinely about many others (including me), such as Liar, Idiot,Fool, Children, Dummy, Stupid, Jealous, Retarded, Lowlife,etc., plus a great many inferences about your superior knowldge, accusing others about playing "judge games, yada, yada, yada.

When it comes to treating others callously, you are no angel my friend.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

This is a good explanation of why the EPA's MPGe is not a fair way of comparing plug in hybrids. It is fair for pure electrics, however.

MPGe is a unit to show how efficient a car's battery uses it's charge per kwh. It has nothing to do with the size of the battery, ergo the range. This is what gets early CA Volt owners mad. They can't get HOV stickers but plug in Prius owners can, even though the Volt is much more efficient overall. The green sticker is given to the car that emits more CO2 on the freeway. That is why EPA numbers are suspect. As I posted on this forum before, the EPA is even considering changing the gas mode tests for plug ins.

From the article:

"So, why is the car rated at 115 MPGe not necessarily better than the car with a 95 MPGe. There is no doubt that on a given amount of electricity, the car getting the 115 MPGe is going to do more with a given unit of energy. However, if the car getting 115 MPGe can only drive 10 miles on electricity before turning on the gas engine, and the car getting 95 MPGe can go 45 miles before turning on the gas engine, the overall efficiency of the longer ranged, yet inferior MPGe car, is going to best the shorter ranged, higher MPGe car, on all but the shortest of trips."

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/12/06/mpge-smac...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Car facts ... hater.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LMV, you took liberties with the truth in claiming you we're called names, and called names "many times"
You were not.
You have repeatedly called me an A-Hole-- not once as you stated, but several times in several posts.
You have repeatedly called me a Volt Hater--many times, yet when asked to show where I've ever bad mouthed Volt, you have never responded.
That speaks to character--rather lack of it.
That speaks to one who manipulates truth for his own purpose.
That speaks to one who is incapable of tolerance for views other than his own.
Now, I don't know where you stand on those traits, but if you are willing to consider pros and cons of Volt or any other make/model, I would gladly be willing to participate with you in any civil discussions.
And let bygones be bygones.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Volt goes 71 miles on a charge.

Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LMV, the offer was made.
Your response is clear.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

I'm very impressed with the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
I'm very impressed with the Volt.
Did you see the link to the "Best Chevy Volt Review I've Ever Seen"?

This is a must see.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••