Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10503 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Pete

Oklahoma City, OK

#3201 Apr 5, 2013
Dolt got plugged. Too funny
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3202 Apr 5, 2013
L.I. battery tested for 180,000 miles with minimal loss .... hmmmmmm.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5349770_lifespan-hy...

Expensive hybrid battery replacement not necessary ... many hybrids used as cabs go over 300,000 miles .... hmmmmmm

http://www.motherearthnews.com/ask-our-expert...

Ford tests hybrid batteries:

"The success rate is stellar: Of all Ford production hybrid vehicles produced to date, only six battery cells have failed of the 50 million that were put into use."

Some of these have been put to use in taxi fleets in such cities as San Francisco and New York, with some taxi vehicles attaining more than 250,000 miles individually and taxi fleets in California alone attaining a total of nearly 100 million miles.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm...

hmmmmm .....

Oh yeah .... I'm worried.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3203 Apr 5, 2013
The jealous boy has voted.

Note to I Love Volt:

In this situation your goal is to get as many negative votes as possible. This bolsters your factual information and further isolates the stupid.

I will help you by negative votes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3204 Apr 5, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Note to I Love Volt:
In this situation your goal is to get as many negative votes as possible. This bolsters your factual information and further isolates the stupid.
It's funny ... I just went back back to page 152 where I put in about 5 or 6 one liners so he would have to vote about 80 times.

I laughed for about a minute. I think I'll continue posting one line at a time.

Pete's wife says: "too funny"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3205 Apr 5, 2013
I love the way the "Judge" judges a Volt link as spam. I guess he doesn't know this is a Volt forum. Or maybe he doesn't know what spam is.

13 more dude.(Is that fumes I see coming out of your ears?).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3206 Apr 5, 2013
Best Chevy Volt review I've ever seen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3207 Apr 6, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Note to I Love Volt:
Somebody missed your point completely.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3208 Apr 6, 2013
Root wrote:
Some Volt owners are getting 9000 to 10000 miles between fill ups.
http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detai...
Root. I just read this article. Great link. I thanks. 

I actually would have purchased about 6 - 8 more gallons by now, but the dealership filled my car with gas when I took it in for the 5,000 mile routine check up. They should have asked! That's the same gas left in my tank, 5,600 miles ago. I'm down to about 1.75 gallons now.

I would have bought more gas by now, to take the drive to my son's house, but since he bought his Volt, he insists on driving to my house.

Anyway, I complained. It turns out that quite a few people complained, so GM changed it's policy so that the dealerships asks Volt owners if they want free gas or not.

The free gas knocked my E range down by about 1 1/4 miles per charge. I keep it at just over 70 miles worth of gas range. 

The Volt chief engineer even recommends this.

OK, thanks for this great link.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detai...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3209 Apr 6, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Border line (disguised profanity)
Really Proteus, these things are childish at best. Kids will be kids. For goodness sake; Dolt, Gizmo, Pete, animals humping, obamamobile etc..
This is from page 152. Comment # 3169.

I notice he left out Bozo, narcissist, Islamic terrorist. He called me those names numerous times. I finally lost it and called him an A-hole once. And then he takes the high ground.

He fails to see that this is his routine. I was actually answering him for a while because his posts seemed to be taking the road intended for this forum. That won't happen again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3210 Apr 6, 2013
You have misrepresented and distorted the truth in your name calling inferences.

The term "Bozo" was used twice. TWICE!!(Not "many times")
Both times in reference to frivolous nonsense posts by a couple of regulars here.
Your name wasn't mentioned.
And besides,"Bozo" is a harmless non profane expression, far less offensive that much of what you've seen sent in my direction by you and others.

You were not called an "Islamic Terrorist"--ever.
In ONE post (not "many times")I stated thet your passion for Volt was about the same level as a Muslim Extremist.
And it is!! You are extremely passionate about your car.Is there any doubt about that. Even you posted that you were "obssessed" about your car!

I did use the term "Narcissistic" once--in reference to the tone of your posts. You were not called a Narcissist.
And even you will have to admit that often that is the case re your posts. Most of your posts are about you, how wise you are, how knowledgeable you are,how poorly informed others are, etc.

Furthermore, you have intentionally overlooked the many names and dscriptors you have posted routinely about many others (including me), such as Liar, Idiot,Fool, Children, Dummy, Stupid, Jealous, Retarded, Lowlife,etc., plus a great many inferences about your superior knowldge, accusing others about playing "judge games, yada, yada, yada.

When it comes to treating others callously, you are no angel my friend.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3211 Apr 6, 2013
This is a good explanation of why the EPA's MPGe is not a fair way of comparing plug in hybrids. It is fair for pure electrics, however.

MPGe is a unit to show how efficient a car's battery uses it's charge per kwh. It has nothing to do with the size of the battery, ergo the range. This is what gets early CA Volt owners mad. They can't get HOV stickers but plug in Prius owners can, even though the Volt is much more efficient overall. The green sticker is given to the car that emits more CO2 on the freeway. That is why EPA numbers are suspect. As I posted on this forum before, the EPA is even considering changing the gas mode tests for plug ins.

From the article:

"So, why is the car rated at 115 MPGe not necessarily better than the car with a 95 MPGe. There is no doubt that on a given amount of electricity, the car getting the 115 MPGe is going to do more with a given unit of energy. However, if the car getting 115 MPGe can only drive 10 miles on electricity before turning on the gas engine, and the car getting 95 MPGe can go 45 miles before turning on the gas engine, the overall efficiency of the longer ranged, yet inferior MPGe car, is going to best the shorter ranged, higher MPGe car, on all but the shortest of trips."

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/12/06/mpge-smac...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3212 Apr 6, 2013
Car facts ... hater.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3213 Apr 6, 2013
LMV, you took liberties with the truth in claiming you we're called names, and called names "many times"
You were not.
You have repeatedly called me an A-Hole-- not once as you stated, but several times in several posts.
You have repeatedly called me a Volt Hater--many times, yet when asked to show where I've ever bad mouthed Volt, you have never responded.
That speaks to character--rather lack of it.
That speaks to one who manipulates truth for his own purpose.
That speaks to one who is incapable of tolerance for views other than his own.
Now, I don't know where you stand on those traits, but if you are willing to consider pros and cons of Volt or any other make/model, I would gladly be willing to participate with you in any civil discussions.
And let bygones be bygones.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3214 Apr 6, 2013
Volt goes 71 miles on a charge.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3215 Apr 6, 2013
LMV, the offer was made.
Your response is clear.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3216 Apr 6, 2013
I'm very impressed with the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3218 Apr 6, 2013
Root wrote:
I'm very impressed with the Volt.
Did you see the link to the "Best Chevy Volt Review I've Ever Seen"?

This is a must see.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3219 Apr 6, 2013
Gizom is the one that votes.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3220 Apr 6, 2013
In your dreams Root!
Wrong again lizard.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3222 Apr 6, 2013
I love real world reviews by real Volt owners.

This is # 11:
"I have been driving Mercedes Benz automobiles for the past 20 years because I like well built, smooth, quiet rides. You can't get any smoother than an electric motor, so that part I knew would be good. What surprised me most though was the ride. It matched my CLK and bested my wife's C Class. She and I both live and work in a small town so we can stay on electric all the time. Our 80 mile trip to the lake on weekends is now a one gallon each way drive. She will be trading in her Mercedes on a Volt very soon. There is just nothing about this car that I don't like. I hope these things catch on because after the lease is up I don't think I can comfortably go back to all gas power. As an American, I'm very proud of what Chevrolet has accomplished with this car. I wish other American car makers would adopt the battery/generator concept. I'd love to have a Jeep Wrangler with this technology."

I know how he feels. I could never go back to Cadillac. Too noisy. Not as smooth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeep Sat patriot 1
News Detroit-area fire chief missing in Lake St. Clair Sat reality is a crutch 1
News Clinton won't answer Keystone pipeline question Jul 31 Le Jimbo 33
News 2015 Chevrolet Volt review notes: Still a winne... Jul 31 Phillip123 2
HD208 Heavy Duty Truck Code Reader Jul 31 Phillip123 2
News Rubio, Huckabee: No outrage over Planned Parent... Jul 30 Cordwainer Trout 2
2016 BMW M6 GT3, Ferrari 488 Spider, MAMA Track... Jul 29 Phillip123 1
More from around the web