Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11773 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3141 Apr 4, 2013
The Dolt's math is so poor. He wrote:

"Since you like to throw numbers around; I have a Civic for that is used for basically local driving (your type of driving), it Averages 35 MPG and cost about $15,000 less than the Volt. Averaging 12,000 miles a year it would take 11+ years for the Civic to equal the cost of a Volt; and that’s using a zero cost value to fuel the Volt for that time period."

He forgot to subtract the cost of gas from the Volt. News flash Dolt, that cuts the time in half.

The Kiplinger group knows math. One of the most respected financial groups in the world. They have been comparing cost of ownership for cars for many years. Long before electrics came along.

They say the Volt makes up the difference in price in 5 years compared to a Cruze, which costs more than a Civic.

He also didn't take the time to subtract the price of all the awesome options the Volt has that the Civic doesn't have.

He's comparing apples to oranges. But the Volt still costs less to own.

This is the Dolts comparison. It's not mine.

Assuming gas is $4.
12,000 miles. In 11 years.
12,000 divided by 35 = 342 gallons of gas per year.
$4 X 342 gallons =$1,371

Honda Civic

$1,371 X 11 years =$15,000 +$15,000 (cost of car)=$30,000

Chevy Volt
$31,800 (cost of car)-$15,000 =$16,800

This is the Dolts math. Not mine.

Dolter. I need to account for the $15,000 that is still in my bank account after 11 years. So .... I subtract it from the cost of my Volt, just like you need to add it to the cost of the Civic. Get it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3142 Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3143 Apr 4, 2013
I just had a great laugh. I spend about 15 - 20 minutes, mostly every other day on this forum.

I just realized that the child that is negatively judging 13 times every time I post is spending an awful lot of time just judging.

As I stated, negative votes mean I bug you. Therefore, I have accomplished my mission. Keep up the good work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3144 Apr 4, 2013
I love the way Petey compares March sales for the Volt to March, 2012 sales. He forgot to mention that March, 2012 was the best sales month for the Volt, up until then. 2,289 sold. February was 1,203. April was 1,462.

The sales didn't fall at all if you compare it to those months. A little twisted petey.

Petey's wifey says, "That's true, he's twisted".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3145 Apr 4, 2013
The Dolt doesn't understand. When I don't spend $30 a week to buy gas, it stays in my wallet.

It flys out of your wallet, dolt. That's a difference of $60.

That is basic math. You need to sharpen your math skills.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#3146 Apr 5, 2013
Two things

People are jealous of the Volt.

Why do canadians smell?
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3147 Apr 5, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The Dolt's math is so poor. He wrote:
"Since you like to throw numbers around; I have a Civic for that is used for basically local driving (your type of driving), it Averages 35 MPG and cost about $15,000 less than the Volt. Averaging 12,000 miles a year it would take 11+ years for the Civic to equal the cost of a Volt; and that’s using a zero cost value to fuel the Volt for that time period."
He forgot to subtract the cost of gas from the Volt. News flash Dolt, that cuts the time in half.
The Kiplinger group knows math. One of the most respected financial groups in the world. They have been comparing cost of ownership for cars for many years. Long before electrics came along.
They say the Volt makes up the difference in price in 5 years compared to a Cruze, which costs more than a Civic.
He also didn't take the time to subtract the price of all the awesome options the Volt has that the Civic doesn't have.
He's comparing apples to oranges. But the Volt still costs less to own.
This is the Dolts comparison. It's not mine.
Assuming gas is $4.
12,000 miles. In 11 years.
12,000 divided by 35 = 342 gallons of gas per year.
$4 X 342 gallons =$1,371
Honda Civic
$1,371 X 11 years =$15,000 +$15,000 (cost of car)=$30,000
Chevy Volt
$31,800 (cost of car)-$15,000 =$16,800
This is the Dolts math. Not mine.
Dolter. I need to account for the $15,000 that is still in my bank account after 11 years. So .... I subtract it from the cost of my Volt, just like you need to add it to the cost of the Civic. Get it?
I agree with the Kipplinger estimate of 5 years payback for Volt versus Cruze.
That sounds about right, and supports what I've suggested all along.
That said, wouldn't it make sense that if Cruze costs more than Civic, then payback for Volt versus Civic would be more than 5 years?
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3148 Apr 5, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I just had a great laugh. I spend about 15 - 20 minutes, mostly every other day on this forum.
I just realized that the child that is negatively judging 13 times every time I post is spending an awful lot of time just judging.
As I stated, negative votes mean I bug you. Therefore, I have accomplished my mission. Keep up the good work.
Curious.
First of all, those "judging" emoticons are harmless and really mean nothing.
Rarely if ever do they reflect reality, and most of the time they're just spiteful stupidity.
So why worry about them?
But your remarks about "bugging" people make me wonder about your own motives.
Are you simply doing what you do to "bug" others?
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3149 Apr 5, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The Dolt doesn't understand. When I don't spend $30 a week to buy gas, it stays in my wallet.
It flys out of your wallet, dolt. That's a difference of $60.
That is basic math. You need to sharpen your math skills.
You need to go just a little further with your example.
Yes, your gas savings result in cash going into your pocket every week.
But given that you paid more cash up front than Volts for Dolt did, doesn't it make sense that you're simply making up the difference in weekly instalments?
And your doing that with dollars which are losing value over time due to inflation, which adds to the payback term.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3150 Apr 5, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the Kipplinger estimate of 5 years payback for Volt versus Cruze.
That sounds about right, and supports what I've suggested all along.
That said, wouldn't it make sense that if Cruze costs more than Civic, then payback for Volt versus Civic would be more than 5 years?
No
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3151 Apr 5, 2013
Some Volt owners are getting 9000 to 10000 miles between fill ups.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detai...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3152 Apr 5, 2013
To the hater that keeps trying to make the Volt look bad any possible way he can.

The dollar value goes down as gas goes up. Therefore you are wrong.

Good try, though.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3153 Apr 5, 2013
Ok Dolt, I'm going to try to make it reeeel easy for you. Here goes.

Joe Blow buys a solar system, with battery storage, for his house.

His electricity bill is now zero. (See where I'm going here)

His savings are such that he will break even in 8 years. 

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary had super efficient windows installed in her house.

This brought her heating bill down to the point that the windows will pay for themselves in 10 years.

Now  ...... and try to think reeeeel guuuuud  ....... in the first example, exchange the word solar system with the word Volt & the word electricity with the word gas.

You see, people have been subtracting money saved from the purchase of energy savings items for years. They weren't receiving money from anyone. They simply stopped the bleeding.

When money doesn't fly out of my pocket for gas, I subtract that amount from the cost of my amazing car. That is what you forgot to so.

OK, I know that you won't admit getting it, but I suspect you do. 

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3154 Apr 5, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>No
This guy ignored the sentence "forgot to subtract the cost of options from the Civic.". Too many to mention. The civic is a good car. I know a few people who own one. It's just too noisy for me. After driving Cadillacs for over 30 years, I couldn't go back to them either. Not as noisy as a Civic, but still noisy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3155 Apr 5, 2013
I think I will write

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3156 Apr 5, 2013
In one line sentences

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3157 Apr 5, 2013
From now on

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3158 Apr 5, 2013
So Petey can practice

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3159 Apr 5, 2013
Judging. ..... 13 times each.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3160 Apr 5, 2013
Hey Moe, look! It's Petey! Our long lost brother!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Install FGTech Galletto V54 On Win 7 5 hr uobd2 3
which one is best: XTOOL EZ500 / EZ400/ X100 PAD 5 hr jimmyLIN 3
(Promotion) Xtool X-100 PAD2 Pro Special Functi... 6 hr jimmyLIN 2
Xtool X-100 PAD vs. Xtool X100 PRO vs. X300 Plus (Feb '16) 7 hr jimmyLIN 4
Renault CAN CLIP V168 is coming 05.2017! Free d... 7 hr cnautool 6
Can i program Porsche boxter 986 key with VVDI2? 11 hr Ambrosio 1
Launch CReader 419 review 13 hr uobd2 1
More from around the web