Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11778 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#3080 Apr 2, 2013
Acting stupid defined is suggesting I thought the car was not wonderful. Folding that is your accusation about smelly Canadians. I asked you a question about you money and you failed to answer. Out of curiosity Iíll ask again, is it true your money has a scent of syrup? I honestly donít know the answer to that question.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3081 Apr 2, 2013
Geez Root, talk about acting stupid.
How about your post the other day where you posted a photo of two rhinoceroses humping, and said that was Canadian wildlife.
Now THAT'S really stupid.

And you think agreeing with you that Volt is wonderful is somehow stupid?
Sheesh!!!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3082 Apr 2, 2013
Geez Root, looks like you've cornered the market on acting stupid.
I would say that's quite the accomplishment.
But I don't think congratulations are in order!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3083 Apr 2, 2013
Frankly Root, I'd be embarrassed if I was you.
But thankfully, I'm not!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3084 Apr 2, 2013
I asked you a question about you money and your failed to answer. Out of curiosity Iíll ask again, is it true your money has a scent of syrup? I honestly donít know the answer to that question?
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3085 Apr 2, 2013
Geez Root, this is a forum about Volt.
Doncha think asking questions about Canadian money is, well, kinda stupid?
Good lord man, I live here and I certainly go around smelling money.
Do many people in your country do that?
If so, sounds stupid if you ask me.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3086 Apr 2, 2013
Just kidding Root.
I really don't go around smelling money.
Why would anyone do something that dumb.
It's a stupid question.
You're acting stupid.
Again!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3087 Apr 2, 2013
What's with you Root?
Why are you acting this way?
And what on earth does it have to do with Volt?
Get a grip man.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3089 Apr 2, 2013
Sick and tired of hearing haters talk about 6 billion lousy dollars that are for the lifetime of these types of cars, which will be about 30 years, or more. BFD.

Here ... we spend $50 billion a year of our military's money to protect oil. That is 1/4 of our tax dollars for military just to make sure oil gets to our doorstep.

http://www.iags.org/costofoil.html

That is 8 times more, per year, than the subsidies for E cars, which was only a one time deal. That is every single year.

Since George Bush Sr. signed the subsidies for E cars, that comes to $1 trillion dollars we have spent protecting oil!!!!!

What is wrong with you idiots that can't see that E cars are a good thing that will stop the bleeding, let alone save the lives lost just so you can drive your car.

You cry and pretend that you care about $6 billion dollars that are going to help us save trillions.

You pathetic idiots make me sick.

You live in hate land and can't see the woods for the trees. We kiss the arsess of countries that hate us. They sell us their oil and then turn around and give money to terrorists.

You hate so much that you want to see American jobs lost. You want America to fail. You want an American car to fail,(a car that was named European Car Of The Year .... first American car ever to be honored with that title).

And please, no more "don't get me wrong, I like the Volt." Shut up.

At least the Dolt is consistent. Peter is a repeater, but he's consistent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3090 Apr 2, 2013
Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater.
Had a wife, but couldn't keep her.
She wanted sex, but she got none,
Cuz his time on the screen was never done.

He'd spend all night judging posts,
Just so (in his mind) he could boast.
"Look at all those negative votes,
For that loser, iluv volt".

But his time on screen made him impotant,
So he couldn't do what was important.
So she packed her bags in revolt,
And left with a guy, driving a Volt.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH NNNNOOOOOOO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#3091 Apr 3, 2013
Why do canadians smell?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3092 Apr 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater.
Had a wife, but couldn't keep her.
She wanted sex, but she got none,
Cuz his time on the screen was never done.
He'd spend all night judging posts,
Just so (in his mind) he could boast.
"Look at all those negative votes,
For that loser, iluv volt".
But his time on screen made him impotant,
So he couldn't do what was important.
So she packed her bags in revolt,
And left with a guy, driving a Volt.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH NNNNOOOOOOO!
The offensive post was deleted.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3093 Apr 3, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
I have a sneaking hunch the only person here playing games these days is a chameleon calling himself JJFADS.
Your post, Mr. Congeniality, is duly noted and filed in the appropriate folder.
As is the "odiferous Canadian" post.
You already know which folder that is.
PS.
And if, as you so boastfully claim, you can see me, I hope you noticed the rigid middle digit displayed prominently in the foreground.
Yes, of course it is.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3094 Apr 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Sick and tired of hearing haters talk about 6 billion lousy dollars that are for the lifetime of these types of cars, which will be about 30 years, or more. BFD.
Here ... we spend $50 billion a year of our military's money to protect oil. That is 1/4 of our tax dollars for military just to make sure oil gets to our doorstep.
http://www.iags.org/costofoil.html
That is 8 times more, per year, than the subsidies for E cars, which was only a one time deal. That is every single year.
Since George Bush Sr. signed the subsidies for E cars, that comes to $1 trillion dollars we have spent protecting oil!!!!!
What is wrong with you idiots that can't see that E cars are a good thing that will stop the bleeding, let alone save the lives lost just so you can drive your car.
You cry and pretend that you care about $6 billion dollars that are going to help us save trillions.
You pathetic idiots make me sick.
You live in hate land and can't see the woods for the trees. We kiss the arsess of countries that hate us. They sell us their oil and then turn around and give money to terrorists.
You hate so much that you want to see American jobs lost. You want America to fail. You want an American car to fail,(a car that was named European Car Of The Year .... first American car ever to be honored with that title).
And please, no more "don't get me wrong, I like the Volt." Shut up.
At least the Dolt is consistent. Peter is a repeater, but he's consistent.
To Luvmyvolt:

Your passion for your Volt is impressive and convincing, but perhaps because you go to such bitterly personal levels, you do more harm for your cause than good.

I'm not a Volt "hater"as you suggest. Honest!!!
In my opinion, Volt is a breakthrough design, GM got it right, and I hope Volt does well in the marketplace.
The only (and I underline "only") issues I have ever had with you are (1) your cost/benefit calculations are too simplistic and self serving, and (2) your bitterly personal and aggressively defensive protestations about any perceived (by you) criticisms are way over the top. Why you feel obliged to respond so angrily and in such a personal way to those two issues is,quite frankly, bizarre.

That said, I also opine that Volt is a good beginning in reducing fossil fuel dependence, but that battery power is just a beginning. Within 5 to 10 years, battery power will very likely be superseded by something better.
As well, I certainly agree with your thoughts about us needing to become far less dependent upon fossil fuels--oil, natural gas, coal, or whatever.If I thought now is the time to buy a Volt, I would do so, but in my opinion and for a number of reasons, it's too early in the game.

Nevertheless, in spite of your feelings about how you perceive me, or what you "think" I'm about, I would like to say this:
I am no threat to you.
I bear you no ill will.
There are as I said, a couple of issues I disagree with you on and have done so civilly and with restraint.
You are taking this entire discussion far too seriously and way too personally.
You are obviously very happy and completely satisfied with your Volt. I'm happy for you on that score.
I Hope your feelings about Volt continue to be positive, and wish the best to you in that regard for the future.
I sincerely hope this puts your mind to rest.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3095 Apr 3, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>The offensive post was deleted.
Curiously,you overlooked a few more.
Selective perception perhaps??
Is it OK to post pix of animals copulating?
Is it OK to post comments referring to "Cdn Blow Boy"?
How about references to."Smelly Cdns" several times?
Does calling people A-Holes count?
Volts for Dolts

Florham Park, NJ

#3096 Apr 3, 2013
I was filling up my SUV yesterday, when in rolls a Volt. I ask the owner how he likes the car, he says it's OK for short trips. I asked he about loading about 1,000 pounds of people and and ski gear and heading into the mountains; he laughed and said, no way.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3097 Apr 3, 2013
Volts for Dolts wrote:
I was filling up my SUV yesterday, when in rolls a Volt. I ask the owner how he likes the car, he says it's OK for short trips. I asked he about loading about 1,000 pounds of people and and ski gear and heading into the mountains; he laughed and said, no way.
To be fair, that comparison isn't right.
Volt isn't an SUV, and visa versa.
Two different animals.
Volts for Dolts

Newtown, CT

#3098 Apr 3, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, that comparison isn't right.
Volt isn't an SUV, and visa versa.
Two different animals.
So you wouldn't recommend the Volt for a ski trip? If I had to I could take my wife's Honda Accord skiing, no problem. BTW, the guy in the gas station said his wife bought the car, and he thinks it's way overrated.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3099 Apr 3, 2013
Volts for Dolts wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wouldn't recommend the Volt for a ski trip? If I had to I could take my wife's Honda Accord skiing, no problem. BTW, the guy in the gas station said his wife bought the car, and he thinks it's way overrated.
Lived in BC for a dozen years and did a lot of skiing.(Kelowna)
From our home to ski hill (Big White) was about an hour.
Volt would work OK for 4 of us in that situation--roof racks, etc.
For a long trip, with 4 people, luggage, skis, etc. volt would probably not be my choice.
So I guess the answer to your question is "It depends on circumstances".
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3100 Apr 3, 2013
Volts for Dolts wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat a lot of garlic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks 2 hr BetPhartse 8
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Dec 9 Anon 318
News ZF Ceo Sommer steps down after losing power str... Dec 8 Solarman 1
OBDSTAR H100 vs. F100 Ford Mazda key programmer Dec 7 Ambrosio 1
News Here's Chevrolet's fastest, most powerful Corve... Dec 5 Vett owner 1
What do you think of the new Lambo SUV? The Urus. Dec 4 Ak47d 1
News 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (Oct '07) Dec 4 ragtopman 23
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Sep '17 willburr555 5
More from around the web