Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11773 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3060 Apr 2, 2013
The Canadian prefers to remain on the high road.
The Chameleon continues with the childish taunts.
The Canadian rules by default.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3061 Apr 2, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Honda which collided with Volt was travelling at very high speed.
Apparently the Volt was almost stopped at the time of impact.
According to the detailed accident investigation, after the Honda struck the Volt, is continued, spinning off and striking a guard rail at high speed.
That second impact was the cause of those fatalities.
In the school bus incident, it was a rear ended collision.
Damage estimates forbthevVolt were such that the car was written off.
Had it been head on collision, there would very likely have been a more serious outcome.
Got you! The reason I posted this is because if the person in the Volt died and the people in the Honda didn't, you and your pals would have been all over it.
I know all about kinetic energy my friend. But I know more about getting someone to show his true self.
Fact is, nobody can post a pro Volt link or fact here without you finding something negative about it. "Don't get me wrong, I like the Volt". BS.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3062 Apr 2, 2013
To prove my point above, you didn't say anything about the bus running into the back of the other Volt. Put the bumper right up to the rear window.

Two small children in the back seat were not injured. You chose to pick apart the other report but you ignore the other one.

Pretty picky, aren't we. Especially when you can prove the Volt sucks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3063 Apr 2, 2013
Here is your problem with me. I kept two beautiful Cadillac Seville's for over 15 years each. Kept them showroom new.

I sold both of them for more than twice bluebook because there are a lot of people out there that want to fix up a car and spend more than that fixing one up. They didn't have to do a thing to those Cadillac's.

I am going to keep my Volt for a minimum of 10 years. At the rate I am saving on gas, that will be about $14,000 savings when you subtract the charging costs. Add the credit and you have a savings of $21,000. The final price is $11,000. That $25,000 car you buy, after 10 years will be $40,000 after 10 years.

$40,000 vs $11,000.

Once again, you are making simple math into mumbo jumbo and only haters fall for it.

I, on the other hand have $1,500 I would have used on gas in my bank account. That is called return. Do you know what return is?

I learned very early in life what that is. I was 24 when I bought my house. Luckily, my real estate agent was a personal friend of the family.

She told me about bi-weekly payments. My friends called me a fool for making bi-weeklies.

Paid my house off in 19 years. I was 43 years old. That's called a return on your investment.

And I don't like the way you imply that I am a liar. I have no reason to lie. My car cost me what I said it cost me. I don't like the way you say "claims he paid"

My son paid under $28K out the door after the credits. That is after tax, license and everything. He has driven 1400 miles in just 3 weeks and used only 6 gallons of gas. He has cut his gas bill by 95%. His savings is paying the entire car payment.

This erks you, I know. Good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3064 Apr 2, 2013
And I know why you want to show the subsidies as per car. Because you want to show a big amount per car and let the haters freeze it at that amount. Just like Reuters did with the R&D costs.

A. The subsidies are a one time cost of $6.5 billion.

B. The subsidies are not for the Volt. They are for the technology. That technology is being shared by 4 cars in GM and other cars elsewhere, including the Via Motors Pick Up. Also, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW and others will share the technology.

C. Even if the technology was only for the Volt, why do you want to freeze the number now? Sure, you said "of course there will be more Volts sold", just like Reuters said, but haters don't remember that. Come back in 15 or 20 years and then we'll figure the cost per car ..... but remember, the subsidy is for the technology. We have to include all cars that shared that technology. In 20 years, when gas is $10 a gallon, the cost will be about 5 cents per car, because you can't stop this trend. Especially when the price of the cars start coming down.

D. I showed what a taxpayer paid for my Volt because I wanted them to see how stupid it is to complain about $1/135,000 of a dollar. Just think when there are 100,000 Volt sold. You cost for my car will be smaller than a fleck of a penny.

Get real.

Get over it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3065 Apr 2, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
Incidentally JJFADS, I've owned BMW.
Fun to drive?
Not!!
Nothing special, believe me.
Only if you believe their marketing pitch.
Let me tell you something pal. My son owns a BMW 500 series. He now drives his Volt only. He can't stop talking about it. He shows me all his apps he uses. The BMW is sitting in his garage collecting dust. He thought the BMW was fun to drive.

I can attest, that after 17 months of ownership, I am still in awe of my car every time I get into it.

You can't stand the fact that Volt owners love their cars .... good.

And I am no longer congenial with you because I don't like the way you imply that I am a liar, but then you say, "no harm meant".

Be yourself, the true a-hole that you are and get it on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3066 Apr 2, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
The Canadian prefers to remain on the high road.
The Chameleon continues with the childish taunts.
The Canadian rules by default.
Kids

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3067 Apr 2, 2013
For the doubters. My miles through March. 1.3 gallons of gas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3068 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Got you! The reason I posted this is because if the person in the Volt died and the people in the Honda didn't, you and your pals would have been all over it.
I know all about kinetic energy my friend. But I know more about getting someone to show his true self.
Fact is, nobody can post a pro Volt link or fact here without you finding something negative about it. "Don't get me wrong, I like the Volt". BS.
I accessed the accident report.
You can too if you choose.
I simply posted what the report stated.
Why you feel obliged to make something sinister about that is beyond comprehension.

PS:
I do like the Volt.
I've never said anything negative about it.
For some weird and wonderful reason, you get all humpy backed whenever someone doesn't see things exactly the same way you do.
Get a life.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3069 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you something pal. My son owns a BMW 500 series. He now drives his Volt only. He can't stop talking about it. He shows me all his apps he uses. The BMW is sitting in his garage collecting dust. He thought the BMW was fun to drive.
I can attest, that after 17 months of ownership, I am still in awe of my car every time I get into it.
And I am no longer congenial with you because I don't like the way you imply that I am a liar, but then you say, "no harm meant".
Did I ever question owner's feelings about Volt?
In your dreams perhaps?

PS.
My Beemer was a 535 I.
One of the most troublesome cars I ever owned.
Harsh ride, uncomfortable seats, wouldn't start at least once a week, and dealer was never able to find out why.
Not fun to drive either. I've had Buicks and Lincolns which were more fun.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3070 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
To prove my point above, you didn't say anything about the bus running into the back of the other Volt. Put the bumper right up to the rear window.
Two small children in the back seat were not injured. You chose to pick apart the other report but you ignore the other one.
Pretty picky, aren't we. Especially when you can prove the Volt sucks.
You are wrong.
Read my post again.
I said it was a rear end collision.

PS.
I've never said or even implied that Volt sucks.
You have a weird way of interpreting what you think other people say.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3071 Apr 2, 2013
The Volt is a wonderful car.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3072 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Here is your problem with me. I kept two beautiful Cadillac Seville's for over 15 years each. Kept them showroom new.
I sold both of them for more than twice bluebook because there are a lot of people out there that want to fix up a car and spend more than that fixing one up. They didn't have to do a thing to those Cadillac's.
I am going to keep my Volt for a minimum of 10 years. At the rate I am saving on gas, that will be about $14,000 savings when you subtract the charging costs. Add the credit and you have a savings of $21,000. The final price is $11,000. That $25,000 car you buy, after 10 years will be $40,000 after 10 years.
$40,000 vs $11,000.
Once again, you are making simple math into mumbo jumbo and only haters fall for it.
I, on the other hand have $1,500 I would have used on gas in my bank account. That is called return. Do you know what return is?
I learned very early in life what that is. I was 24 when I bought my house. Luckily, my real estate agent was a personal friend of the family.
She told me about bi-weekly payments. My friends called me a fool for making bi-weeklies.
Paid my house off in 19 years. I was 43 years old. That's called a return on your investment.
And I don't like the way you imply that I am a liar. I have no reason to lie. My car cost me what I said it cost me. I don't like the way you say "claims he paid"
My son paid under $28K out the door after the credits. That is after tax, license and everything. He has driven 1400 miles in just 3 weeks and used only 6 gallons of gas. He has cut his gas bill by 95%. His savings is paying the entire car payment.
This erks you, I know. Good.
Because you believe in some convoluted way that I have a problem with you, for some weird reason you feel obliged to post your entire life story and tell us what financial success you've accomplished?
Frankly, what you buy, sell, or steal is of no interest to me.
Don't flatter yourself.
Furthermore, when it comes to ROI, your Volt purchase has a couple more years before it starts to cover its higher cost based on fuel savings.
I don't know(or care) where you get your accounting theory, but when you compare the price you claim you paid for your Volt to a lower priced economy gasser, you're behind the ROI curve for a few years.
Fact of life.

PS.
Interesting that you mention car payments.
I pay cash.
Interest on car loans or leases just make the ROI calculation look worse.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3073 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
And I know why you want to show the subsidies as per car. Because you want to show a big amount per car and let the haters freeze it at that amount. Just like Reuters did with the R&D costs.
A. The subsidies are a one time cost of $6.5 billion.
B. The subsidies are not for the Volt. They are for the technology. That technology is being shared by 4 cars in GM and other cars elsewhere, including the Via Motors Pick Up. Also, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW and others will share the technology.
C. Even if the technology was only for the Volt, why do you want to freeze the number now? Sure, you said "of course there will be more Volts sold", just like Reuters said, but haters don't remember that. Come back in 15 or 20 years and then we'll figure the cost per car ..... but remember, the subsidy is for the technology. We have to include all cars that shared that technology. In 20 years, when gas is $10 a gallon, the cost will be about 5 cents per car, because you can't stop this trend. Especially when the price of the cars start coming down.
D. I showed what a taxpayer paid for my Volt because I wanted them to see how stupid it is to complain about $1/135,000 of a dollar. Just think when there are 100,000 Volt sold. You cost for my car will be smaller than a fleck of a penny.
Get real.
Get over it.
Here's real....
A subsidy is a subsidy.
Whether you like Volt or not, Govt. subsidies were there.
Billions.
Plus, there are ongoing tax credits up to $7500 for each Volt sold.
More millions.
Each Volt on the road today, and those for the foreseeable future will have to carry the burden of those dollars.
Those are facts of life, no matter how you or anyone else decide to play it.
It doesn't matter how I feel about Volt one way or the other.
All I did was point it out.

But in your view of course, whenever someone posts something which isn't exactly according to your way, automatically they're against you.
You know what?perhaps you're just a wee bit too sensitive.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3074 Apr 2, 2013
Root wrote:
The Volt is a wonderful car.
Agree.
What makes you think it isn't?
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3075 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids
You might be right.
They sure act like kids.
But I choose not to.
Canadians rule.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3076 Apr 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "I can't stand the fact that Volt owners love their cars".
Please show us when and where I've ever said or even implied that.

You say "I've implied that you are a liar"
Please show us when and where I've ever said or implied that.

You call me an a-hole (second or third time now).
Please show me where I've ever called you an obscene name, or for that matter, any name.

All I've ever said is that perhaps you might be a wee bit too sensitive.
And after listening to your lengthy diatribes about what you "think" others are doing to you, that just might be right.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3077 Apr 2, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
What makes you think it isn't?
Don't act stupid.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3078 Apr 2, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Don't act stupid.
So agreeing with you is stupid?
You've said and done some really strange things, but that's just weird.
Maybe you'd be happier if I didn't agree with you?
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3079 Apr 2, 2013
Geez Root, last time I disagreed with you, you started posting about us Canadians as smelly.
Now, that's acting stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Automatic V8/X6 Key Cutting Machine With D... 1 hr Eobdtool 1
New TOYO KEY PRO OBD II Specialized in Toyota A... 1 hr Eobdtool 1
UCANDAS VDM2 V3.9 WiFi Automotive Scanner for A... 1 hr Eobdtool 1
2017 XTUNER NEW Released XTUNER CVD-9 HD-Heavy ... 1 hr Eobdtool 1
Where to download FNR Key Prog 4-in-1 Software?... 3 hr Jerry523 1
Free shipping WIFI UCANDAS VDM II VDM V3.9 104.99 21 hr uobd2 5
vdm ucandas (Jan '14) 21 hr lalaura 9
More from around the web